Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,875 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? (1918 Views)

I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend / Will Igbos Allow A Yoruba Wife To Occupy A Political Office In Igboland? / 2023: Don’t Direct Yoruba To Support Any Aspirant - Obasanjo Advises Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Sweetboilooks: 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
The world will listen to us and think we all speak yorubas. The image and soft power yorubas are getting from our collective music internationally is too much. How can we stop this?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Vistra40: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:
The world will listen to us and think we all speak yorubas. The image and soft power yorubas are getting from our collective music internationally is too much. How can we stop this?

Stop being silly and stop opening useless posts. You admitted you are yoruba in a different thread and now you are here to cause mischief. Jobless fellow!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Sweetboilooks: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
Vistra40:

Stop being silly and stop opening useless posts. You admitted you are yoruba in a different thread and now you are here to cause mischief. Jobless fellow!

Please let intelligent people comment

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by swiych(m): 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2022
It is not a matter of domination, it's a matter of talent, marketing and publicity. These are what makes them dominant, especially in the areas of marketing n publicity. See Zazzu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Sweetboilooks: 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
swiych:
It is not a matter of domination, it's a matter of talent, marketing and publicity. These are what makes them dominant, especially in the areas of marketing n publicity. See Zazzu

It’s tribalism. Why can’t Yoruba artistes go to Aba and Onitscha to sign Igbo artistes and record Igbo songs? Why only Yoruba?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Obidient4life2: 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:
In music everybody has their time. There was a time 2Tuface was the thing.
It's not about tribe.

11 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Vistra40: 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:

Please let intelligent people comment

Go get a job cos you don’t have one. You think some of us forget. Your silly being is exposed already.

16 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by SupremeSpecimen: 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Mr "we"
Shameless Trolls

6 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Moferere: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
A typical exhibition of their envy for yoruba

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by ThreeEyedRaven: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
This op is not even Igbo cause no Igbo will think this foolish

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Subsaharan: 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:

Spoken like a tribalist you are. everything is not politics, Jesus!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Vulturereloaded: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
We are in the marketing aspect. We make money from marketing. Its a win win.

Marketed and Distributed nationwide.... does that sound familiar? grin grin

3 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by RedChiefPriest: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
I don't know your real tribe OP
But on behalf of that tribe,we donate you to the Zambians.
So you want Igbos and Yorubas to start bashing each other ba?

Dj! 2 kegs of palmwine for me
Barman! Play me "Na so e dey start" by Terry G and Michael Jackson.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Dubaku543: 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:
My friend will you shut up!!! Is everything a competition to you?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by izombie(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:
Dude, you are a tribalist and you are not igbo. No igbo man will think like you.
Very sad for you

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by swiych(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
We are in the marketing aspect. We make money from marketing. Its a win win.

Marketed and Distributed nationwide.... does that sound familiar? grin grin
You got it wrong bro, though I understand ur point, but I think you don't understand the point here.
Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2022
1. You won't sing, you will say "allow"

2. You won't campaign, you will say Nigeria hasn't made you President since 1960

3. If Obi didn't manfully port to LP, you would have stayed without a candidate as usual, begging fulani your inferior.

You, go to the studio and start singing. Leave nairaland. That is the answer. Let others play your song.

1 Like

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by BloomingDale(f): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Let each region build their radio stations, music studios and promote and support their artistes. I’m listening to Urhobo/Isoko high life right now. Their voices and language alone are like musical instruments. My goodness. This is the album I’m listening to right now. I keep having to pause it every few minutes because I get chills just listening to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmh-9ez4Z4Y

1 Like

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Flamethehussler: 2:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:
The truth is yoruba sabi hype pass us
See how dem dey hype portable

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Liebermantic: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:
You're not Igbo..No true Igbo person thinks in this direction.. Shame on you. Ethnic bigot.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Elliotg: 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:
Mad man. Agbado agent

1 Like

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by spearman(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
It is the triumph of Yoruba far and above cultural superiority over Igbo. The world flows with Yoruba culture. Igbos are loud, agressive and suffocating, just as they are doing with Obituary campaign. Igbos never know when it is enough.

Culture will be the #1 export of Yoruba Nation to the world.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by spearman(m): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
YORUBA NATION WILL EXPORT YORUBA OMOLUABI CULTURE TO THE WORLD.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by duality(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
Such a disgusting thread. So much bigotry.
Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Kenneth4u205(m): 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
Internationally Yoruba dominate secular music .while Igbos dominate Christian music internationally. You will hear Igbo music in different churches all over the world. While you will hear youruba music in different clubs all over the world. I have travelled around the world and I speak from experience

7 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by backtovillage: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
Yorubas why do we always allow Emeka to dominate most business in our own region.
OP oya receive sense.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by backtovillage: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
Flamethehussler:

The truth is yoruba sabi hype pass us
See how dem dey hype portable
You are right

2 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Betanaija42moro: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:

Lazy youth. Stop fanning ethnic division and gett useful with yourself

2 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Achilles881: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetboilooks:

Haaa, aaahh!! Kola, kilode, na winch time you come become ibo?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by techWriter3: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
This moll is not even Nigerians s cause no Nigerians s will think this foolish
Re: Why Did We Igbos Allow Yoruba To Dominate Nigerian Music So Much? by Elvis778(m): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
And what is wrong with YORUBAS dominating Nigerian music industry?? Omo, who be this fool?? Mods should be doing more in curbing useless threads here, I am sure this fool is not even Igbo, Anu mpama

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travellers Kidnapped By Okigwe Enugu Highway today / Supporter Of Peter Obi Dumps Him, Endorses Tinubu- See Reason / APC Supporters Pretending To Be Obidients Caught In Edo State Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.