Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador (998 Views)

FG Appoints Adepoju Carol Wura-Ola Acting Comptroller-General Of Immigration / FG Appoints Jega, Udoma, Emenike, Others As Governing Council Chairs / FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by ExAngel007(f): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
John Mikel Obi, the former Super Eagles captain, has
been appointed as Youth Ambassador by the Federal
Government to inspire young Nigerians towards
excellence.

This was made known at an event held at the
National Stadium, Surulere Lagos on Friday, which
was attended by the Minister of Youth and Sports
Development, Sunday Dare.

According to the Special Adviser to the Minister on
Media, John Joshua-Akanji, Mikel was described by
the Minister as a “role model whose lasting legacies
in football development has continued to have a
positive impact on youths in the country.”

The Stoke City midfielder was assured of Federal
Government support whenever he chooses to invest
in the country.

“Time will not permit me to say much about Mikel’s
success as a footballer. He is our legend and a role
model who has continued to impact the lives of youth
positively.

“It is it my pleasure to appoint you as Nigeria Youth
Ambassador. It’s a new portfolio and your role as
youth ambassador will be made known to Nigerians,”
the Dare said.

In his response, Mikel expressed delight with his new
portfolio and promised to work with the sports
ministry to foster youth development in the country.

“I feel highly honoured to be appointed as Youth
Ambassador of this country, it is a great feeling. I am
happy with this partnership and I promise to do my
best to encourage and inspire the youths towards
national development, not just in football but in other
sports like Basketball, Boxing among others”, said
Mikel.

After the event, Dare took a tour of the National
Stadium which is undergoing rehabilitation. He
pointed out that a lot had been put into the
rehabilitation as he emphasised on the pitch,
scoreboard, tracks and the spectators’ stand.

“A lot has been put in place to ensure that the
stadium returns to what it used to be. The seats are
no longer in line with FIFA standard, but we have
partnered a private organization to have modern seats
in place,” he concluded.

https://www.tori.ng/news/172762/fg-appoints-mikel-obi-as-youth-ambassador.html

Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by lazkizz(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
The most humble player, I have ever seen
Although he is my senior in my secondary school days in jos

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by Zetra7: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2021
In his prime, Mikel was forming for Nigerians, now he's faded , he wants to retrace his root..

Thought by now Putin will appoint him youth ambassador...
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by fourboys: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
Legendary Mikel
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by nairalandankrah: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Very soon this one go begin shout one Nigerya upandan..
Try it and watch us come for you.. Igbo or Not

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by otipoju(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Zetra7:
In his prime, Mikel was forming for Nigerians, now he's faded , he wants to retrace his root..

Will you keep qwayet.? Dont let bad belle consume you.
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by colorsofrainbow: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
otipoju:

Will you keep qwayet.? Dont let bad belle consume you.
If you have ever criticized anybody better than you,then you should be the one to shut the hell up forever...
Unknown soul undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by PrinceOfLagos: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
Congrats my man
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by Gucciboy1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
Unlimited browsing cheat for Airtel, Glo, 9mobile and 100mb daily limit for MTN available for just 1k, WhatsApp me if interested
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by mayorbch(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
I stand to be tutored. Minister of sports appointed him as ambassador and not the President. Now answer me; if the minister is removed from office, will Mikel continue as ambassador? Do ministers have the Constitutional rights to appoint ambassadors?

Anyone can respond.
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by richmond500: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
lazkizz:
The most humble player, I have ever seen
Although he is my senior in my secondary school days in jos
the most humble?
Humbles comes from ur achievement.
Both Nwankwo Kanu, Ngolo Kante, theiry henry and Kaka humble pass this overhyped kid
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by richmond500: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
mayorbch:
I stand to be tutored. Minister of sports appointed him as ambassador and not the President. Now answer me; if the minister is removed from office, will Mikel continue as ambassador? Do ministers have the Constitutional rights to appoint ambassadors?

Anyone can respond.
I think the ministers have rights to appoint people in their respective ministries.
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by spearman(m): 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
MEANINGLESS
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by otipoju(m): 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

If you have ever criticized anybody better than you,then you should be the one to shut the hell up forever...
Unknown soul undecided

There is no need trading words with a faceless bitter soul
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by ivolt: 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
Good.
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
Congratulations.

Well deserved.
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by Atiwaye: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
He deserved it. Congratulations bro.
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by Ojiofor: 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
Zetra7:

Did he play for Russian national team as their captain?
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Congratulations Mikel.
All the best.
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by Monogamy: 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
Guy man, if old age don affect football, old age still dey for politics money
Re: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador by AntiBMC(m): 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
All this his recent romance with UARian govt...na here e lead.

Lemme nuh hear One-Nijeriya from his mouth...he will b bashed hard and I'd take d lead.

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Have Surrounded Us, Yoruba People Cry / BREAKING: Gunmen Abduct Igboho’s Wife, Kill Seven Others / Why it is wrong to criticize ipob if you are Igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.