Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,382 members, 7,954,545 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. (623 Views)

World Reacts As Missiles Rain Explosions On Ukrainian Cities / Putin's Nuclear Comments Lead To Rush For Iodine In Central Europe / Videos Of Some Live Explosions In Ukraine Cities By Russian Troops (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. by naptu2: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Huge blaze & multiple explosions in central Moscow as warehouse catches fire (VIDEOS)
19 Jun, 2021

A large fire has broken out in central Moscow, with multiple videos from the scene showing what looks like fireworks exploding amid billowing smoke. The building on fire is reportedly used to store pyrotechnics.
Clips taken by eyewitnesses on Saturday afternoon show a large plume of gray smoke over the city center.

The building ablaze is across the river from Gorky Park, close to the Luzhniki Stadium, which hosted the 1980 Summer Olympics.

Footage shows a barrage of small explosions occurring both in the building and in the sky above it.

A firefighting helicopter has been deployed to the scene to help ground teams quench the fire. A Kamov Ka-32 was filmed scooping water from the Moskva River.

While no official information on the fire was immediately available, videos and reports suggest the building is used as a warehouse to store pyrotechnics.

https://www.rt.com/russia/527056-moscow-fire-explosions-fireworks-luzhniki/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6_NeUo1XF8

1 Like

Re: Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
While no official information on the fire was immediately available, videos and reports suggest the building is used as a warehouse to store pyrotechnics.

@warehouse and pyrotechnics...

Why does this remind me of that Idumagbo explosion
Re: Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. by naptu2: 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
mansakhalifa:

@warehouse and pyrotechnics...

Why does this remind me of that Idumagbo explosion

The many explosions at Idumagbo/Balogun.

https://www.nairaland.com/1142649/massive-fire-lagos-island

1 Like

Re: Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. by Righteousness2(m): 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
We pray for the Mercies of GOD.
The sort hitting all the Nations on Earth is not normal.
We Live in Highly abnormal times.
Nations are Wallowing in Pains and Disatrous Disaters like never before.
The Birthpangs are Fearful.
We are at the end of end of times.
We are at the end of this age..
Time is Running out Folks!
JESUS is Coming Folks! No one knows His / Her moment of Departure.
Eternal Life Matters. This is what Really Matters.
A Solid relationship with JESUS is the Greatest Assest you can Have today.
Re: Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
naptu2:

The many explosions at Idumagbo/Balogun.

https://www.nairaland.com/1142649/massive-fire-lagos-island

I speak of one in particular- I believe 2012...

A lot of tabloids and media organisations had it that that particular fire/explosion was caused by a cache of fireworks stored in one of the warehouses within that vicinity.

There was also that Idumagbo blast back in 2003... but I did not have that in mind whilst putting together my initial post. Some will tell you that the incident of 2003 was a bomb blast.
Re: Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. by naptu2: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
mansakhalifa:

I speak of one in particular- I believe 2012...

A lot of tabloids and media organisations had it that that particular fire/explosion was caused by a cache of fireworks stored in one of the warehouses within that vicinity.

There was also that Idumagbo blast back in 2003... but I did not have that in mind whilst putting together my initial post. Some will tell you that the incident of 2003 was a bomb blast.

Yeah, I know. The thread that I linked you to was about the 2012 incident, but it seems like these explosions happen way too often. As I wrote in that 2012 thread, there was also a similar fire in Central Lagos in the 1980s that was caused by fireworks and that made the Federal Government to ban the indiscriminate use of fireworks.
Re: Huge Blaze & Multiple Explosions In Central Moscow As Warehouse Catches Fire. by Danny50: 10:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
ok

(1) (Reply)

Nasa’s ‘son Of Concorde’ Supersonic Jet Is Now Undergoing Testing / Putin's Crony: "The Horsemen Of The Apocalypse Are Galloping Ahead" ( Video) / Israel, Hamas War Spreads To Lebanon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.