Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,319 members, 7,819,080 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry (648 Views)

Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account / Kidnapper Kidnapped By A Rival Gang, Pays N1.5m Ransom / How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by AmadiAba: 6:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Police Demand N1.5m to Release Transporter Paraded as Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cries Out | #IgbereTV

An eight-month-old pregnant woman, Chioma Okoro, has cried out to the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, to direct the Intelligence Response Team to release her husband, Chukwudi Okoro, IgbereTV has learned.

Chioma told SaharaReporters on Saturday morning that her husband, Chukwudi, is still being held at the IRT because the family had not given N1.5million to the IRT police in Abuja as demanded.

According to SaharaReporters, the four other South-Easterners who were raided alongside Okoro had regained their freedom after parting with at least a N1million as bribes to the police officers.

The men were raided by the joint team of the police and the Nigerian Army on May 24 in Owerri, Imo State, and labelled as members of the Indigenous People of Biafra and the unknown gunmen.

Chioma Okoro, who is due to give birth in July, begged the police top echelon to release her husband, who is a struggling tricycle driver and the first in his family.

She said, "He is the only one in detention among the five of his set right now. The police told us to pay N1.5million to secure his release. He is the eldest brother. He has only two younger brothers who are in school. They don't have such an amount.

"My husband needs help. He does not have such an amount. The tricycle he is riding is on hire purchase, and he has not even completed the hire purchase. I am not doing anything for now. I am eight months pregnant. I am a hairdresser. Things are very difficult for me and the family.

"He has been arrested since May 25. He was labelled as an unknown gunman. We last spoke on Wednesday and what my husband said was I should try and find a means. We are all tired."

IgbereTV had earlier reported that the IGP Intelligence Response Team in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, collected at least N1million bribes as bail before releasing South-East youths and artisans raided as members of the IPOB's Eastern Security Network.

We had learnt from the families of the victims, who did not want their names in print to avoid police victimisation. They paid the huge sums through their nose before securing the release of their relations.

We understand that the victims were raided in the South-East and brought to detention at the IGP'S IRT office in Abuja.

"The Investigating Police Officer at the IRT's team holding them is one Inspector Daniel. They were five in number taken to the IRT office, formerly called Abattoir.

"We paid about N1million to secure Chigaemezu (one of the victims). In June, he was released in June by the police in Abuja," one of the family members had said.

Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by unohbethel(m): 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
I wonder how Zombies will react to this news

1 Like

Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by unohbethel(m): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
I see simplyshit peeping

1 Like

Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by complexBoss12: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Nigerian Police?? as there uniform black naso their hearts black...
Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by IgweOfNnewi: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lord of mercy
Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by Mexzy4sho(m): 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Terrible

Police is not your friend
Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by jamp: 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
Nne ebezila....hecha anya mmiri gi. Chukwu ga aza ekpere gi.

Ogbenye adighi nma
Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by BigSarah(f): 7:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
There are probably thousands like him scattered all over Nigeria held innocent ..but the real criminals are free..Reality too bad
Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by OnionBandit(f): 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
BigSarah:
There are probably thousands like him scattered all over Nigeria held innocent ..but the real criminals are free..Reality too bad

Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by Chigold101(m): 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hmmmm �
Re: Police Demand N1.5m To Release Transporter Paraded As Gunman, Pregnant Wife Cry by SimplyShit: 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
unohbethel:
I see simplyshit peeping

Of course that's why the zoo police went on arresting rampage. They know the billions they'd make from Igbo nation

(1) (Reply)

Woman Caught On Camera Stealing Money From A Church's Offering Basket / Yoruba Nation Rally: The Moment Police Stripped Protesters Of Charms At Ojota / Cross River Pastor Nabbed With Human Skull (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.