Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? (519 Views)

Olukoya Not Different From Rev King Who Was Convicted Of Killing Church Members / 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by AntiChristian: 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
It is clear that the Catholic Bible has 73 Books in total while the Protestants' has 66 Books.
The difference being the apocrypha i.e. the books of :

1.Tobit
2. Judith
3. Wisdom (Wisdom of Solomon)
4. Sirach (Ecclesiasticus)
5. Baruch
6. 1 Maccabees and
7. 2 Maccabees.

In addition to this the Catholic Bible also contain additional passages in the Book of Esther and Daniel.

Both the Catholic Bible and the Protestants Bible has the same number of New Testament Books i.e. 27, the difference existing only in the number of New Testament Books.

There exists several argument from the Catholics and the Protestants on these on who is right or wrong. However, that is out of the scope of this write up.

The scope is to examine the curse in Rev 22:18-19 and Deuteronomy 4:2 which forbids addition to or subtraction from the Bible Books.

The Curses:
Revelations 22:18-19
I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.

In Pulpit Commentary of Rev. 22:18, he referred to Deuteronomy 4:2
"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you."

It has been established that many NT verses refer to the OT verses.
From above it is clear as snow that the verses of curse in Rev 22:18-19 is an expansion of Deuteronomy 4:2.

So I hereby ask how do the Catholics and Protestants resolve this curses?

Sagenaija
Bishopkingsley
jesusjnr2020
Kingsnairaland
nairanaira12
Kobojunkie
HighWITCH
Mikecold

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Firstly i am just hearing from a Concerned Muslim now that there is Catholic Bible and Protestant Bible.

The Bible was written through the inspiration of God unlike the book of Sirach written under the inspiration of the writer's father

In the old testament it was sent under the prophets, kings and Judges chosen by God

Notice how those group of persons had connection to God, had special powers from God directly without needing any angel like claimed in book of Tobias

In the New testament it was all about Jesus from his birth to his second coming

Under God's inspiration it was given to his disciples who gave account of their personal encounters with Jesus who where with him

Then also given to those privileged to be called to function under the grace of Jesus eg Paul

Essentially if you look at the Christian Bible it is a perfect sequence detailing about the creation of man, his continuous fall, and the solution in Jesus.

Nothing is outside of this sequence, it all leads to Jesus from Genesis

This is the simple checkmate of the perfect God who created it.

The Old testament Bible was complete in the time of Jesus who read it at the synagogue it never involved these new additions

You can't claim there was books from the old testament yet it wasn't written by prophets, kings, judges of God with signs of wonders

To expantiate this fraud in these books the book of wisdom is said to be written in Egypt does that mean there was another greater prophet than Moses in Egypt

Yet the Bible even the quran agrees that Moses expressively was the first that God communicated with regarding book and the first he gave his book (laws) to

This person claims wisdom so much to write about it yet Solomon as agreed by the quran was the only one God gave so much wisdom to write about it

Book of Tobias is more of a sorcery book of higher demons exsorcising lesser demons (This contradict God's laws of Moses that condemns all association with unclean spirits)

Book of Sirach was written under the inspiration of the writers father, not of God so it can't be in the bible

So if these new additions not fit into the old testament where do these new additions fit in since the new testament was about Jesus his finished works and his second coming

Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2021
AntiChristian:
It is clear that the Catholic Bible has 73 Books in total while the Protestants' has 66 Books.
The difference being the apocrypha i.e. the books of :

1.Tobit
2. Judith
3. Wisdom (Wisdom of Solomon)
4. Sirach (Ecclesiasticus)
5. Baruch
6. 1 Maccabees and
7. 2 Maccabees.

In addition to this the Catholic Bible also contain additional passages in the Book of Esther and Daniel.

Both the Catholic Bible and the Protestants Bible has the same number of New Testament Books i.e. 27, the difference existing only in the number of New Testament Books.

There exists several argument from the Catholics and the Protestants on these on who is right or wrong. However, that is out of the scope of this write up.

The scope is to examine the curse in Rev 22:18-19 and Deuteronomy 4:2 which forbids addition to or subtraction from the Bible Books.

The Curses:
I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.

In Pulpit Commentary of Rev. 22:18, he referred to Deuteronomy 4:2
"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you."

It has been established that many NT verses refer to the OT verses.
From above it is clear as snow that the verses of curse in Rev 22:18-19 is an expansion of Deuteronomy 4:2.

So I hereby ask how do the Catholics and Protestants resolve this curses?

Sagenaija
Bishopkingsley
jesusjnr2020
Kingsnairaland
nairanaira12
Kobojunkie
HighWITCH
Mikecold

How can you say one group will have the curse when the book told you
That this book..... It says this book....

In order words the book which you received under Christianity so if your church is under catholic then the whole book is what you base your teaching on

And if under Protestants then the whole book is what you base yours on

How is it hard to understand
Now open the new thread and carry this message as I have said and every where you go it will fall down to my teaching

I told you the Catholic Bible and Protestants Bible have the same aim and goal both of them don't contradict each other

Now let look at the Bible that contradict the catholic own and Protestants own
The bible that war against this two is the new world translation that the Bible of the Jehovah's Witnesses

So do you see both catholic and Protestants are the same thing, teaching the foundation of Christ, teaching Trinity
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
AntiChristian:
The Curses:
I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book : If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.
Is it that you fail to realize that the book of prophesy the author refers over and over to is the same book of Revelations? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But the Book the author of the Book of Revelation was referring to there is his book, not any other book.
I didn't want to burst that bubble of his that John was having a revelation about him given a book regarding the end times and the events to follow

How could John be warned not to add or subtract from the Bible that has long been established even in the old testament

Did John have powers to edit books that came generations before him that had gone outside Israel already
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by AntiChristian: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2021
Mikecold:
Firstly i am just hearing from a Concerned Muslim now that there is Catholic Bible and Protestant Bible.

Abeg no time for stories of the Bible.

Douay–Rheims Bible is the Catholic Bible which has 73 Books unlike most others with 66 Books.

I didn't ask for the authenticity of the extra books as Catholics too have their excuses for the inclusions!
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

Douay–Rheims Bible is the Catholic Bible which has 73 Books unlike most others with 66 Books.

I didn't ask for the authenticity of the extra books as Catholics too have their excuses for the inclusions!
I can see of every thing bursted in your main narration (of a list of books was omitted from the Bible) it is now the straw of Catholics having different Bible you are holding on to

I am still yet to find a Catholic who uses the Douay-Rhimes Bible because their is only one Bible and what you have is different translations in language or lexis

When Gideon's share free Bible it's for all Christian's they don't create Douay Rhimes specially for Catholics

Catholics don't reject it because they have their own Douay Rhimes Bible prescribed for them

Douay-Rhimes contains the Maccabees and other foreign book fraud which i earlier expantiated why they can't come into any real book of God

Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by AntiChristian: 10:05am On Jul 14, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

How can you say one group will have the curse when the book told you
That this book..... It says this book....

In order words the book which you received under Christianity so if your church is under catholic then the whole book is what you base your teaching on

And if under Protestants then the whole book is what you base yours on

How is it hard to understand
Now open the new thread and carry this message as I have said and every where you go it will fall down to my teaching

I told you the Catholic Bible and Protestants Bible have the same aim and goal both of them don't contradict each other

Now let look at the Bible that contradict the catholic own and Protestants own
The bible that war against this two is the new world translation that the Bible of the Jehovah's Witnesses

So do you see both catholic and Protestants are the same thing, teaching the foundation of Christ, teaching Trinity

This is contrary to what others are saying. You once said the curse refers to the New testament only!

Now some are saying it refers to the Prophecy of revelations only!

And now you are saying Catholics can use the 73 Books while the Protestants can use their 66 Books as they are all the same thing.
They are not the same thing!

Christ's church can't be Catholic and at the same time Protestant!
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

This is contrary to what others are saying. You once said the curse refers to the New testament only!

And now you are saying Catholics can use the 73 Books while the Protestants can use their 66 Books as they are all the same thing.

with all due respect to that Bro

I do expect you to know by now that their are people who have better understanding than others

I don't think it's even from a point of understanding because the book of revelation is clear as day on John taken in a vision where he encounters the angel that shows him a book regarding what is to happen in the end

Upon which that book that was revealed to him by pictures is mandated not to be twisted or edited when translated in writing of his encounter

It has nothing to do with the old testament that was already established nor the new testament which the apostles have all written their parts and shared everywhere
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by AntiChristian: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Is it that you fail to realize that the book of prophesy the author refers over and over to is the same book of Revelations? undecided

How do we derive this from the verses quoted?
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

Here

Revelation 4:1 begins with a call in the spirit for John to come up to a place

Revelation 4:2 immediately John is in a vision and he gets to be showed these things

Books upon books where opened in that revelation, those books were series of events not the old testament

Does it make sense that God would threaten people about not adding or subtracting from his book (old/new testament) at the very end of his book when he should be giving the threat before giving the book?

Because God gave a threat concerning plagues before John began writing the book of revelation

Revelation 6:8 talks about plagues that accompany some of those books opened

Revelation 22:18 seals it up by promising the plagues revealed in the books of events given to John about the end time to anyone who twists it

This possibly is a warning to someone ie John before embarking on a special writing

Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:37am On Jul 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

If you won't listen to how the book works then you can listen to your own mind
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by HONESTFACT101(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2021
with a name like antichristian I'll rather find meaningless ways to lay waste of my time than indulge you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

You would bring in fallacy when you are corrected with proofs you would say it's stories because you don't want to learn

You didn't ask for the authenticity abi but you forgot no one person or group owns Christianity as a religion

Alot of those books should belong to the old testament era based of their forged dates yet even Jews who own the old testament history don't recognize those books to their Book

Book of Judith or so that talks about a messenger of God meeting with unclean spirit could not have been a person from God because Moses laws forbid such and even prescribes lepers to be separated from ordinary men
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by sagenaija: 11:24am On Jul 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

[color=#990000]So I hereby ask how do the Catholics and Protestants resolve this

Why are you fixated about curses? God has not left it to man to determine who is to be cursed.
What you should be concerned about is the missing verses of your Koran, the FACT
that the Koran was not written by Mohamed but by third party individuals, whether a person named Mohamed really existed, why those who wrote the Koran were people who NEVER lived around where Mohamed was said to have lived, and same with the Hadiths writers and so many other discrepancies and inconsistencies in Islam. Those should be your worry.

2 Likes

Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Kobojunkie: 11:30am On Jul 14, 2021
AntiChristian:
Derive? For Pete's sake it is written in plain English there to you. undecided
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by AntiChristian: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2021
sagenaija:

Why are you fixated about curses? God has not left it to man to determine who is to be cursed.
What you should be concerned about is the missing verses of your Koran, the FACT[/b] that the Koran was not written by Mohamed but by third party individuals, whether a person named Mohamed really existed, why those who wrote the Koran were people who NEVER lived around where Mohamed was said to have lived, and same with the Hadiths writers and so many other discrepancies and inconsistencies in Islam. Those should be your worry.

Chai! The title of this thread is not for Qur'an. Can you stop diverting? Seems you know less about your Book and more about the Qur'an.

You can keep mute if you no get anytn upstairs on the matter here!
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by AntiChristian: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2021
Mikecold:
You would bring in fallacy when you are corrected with proofs you would say it's stories because you don't want to learn

You didn't ask for the authenticity abi but you forgot no one person or group owns Christianity as a religion

Alot of those books should belong to the old testament era based of their forged dates yet even Jews who own the old testament history don't recognize those books to their Book

Book of Judith or so that talks about a messenger of God meeting with unclean spirit could not have been a person from God because Moses laws forbid such and even prescribes lepers to be separated from ordinary men

From what you are saying Catholics Bible writers added "nonsense" to the OT books with them right?
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by AntiChristian: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
with a name like antichristian I'll rather find meaningless ways to lay waste of my time than indulge you

But you typing this was not really a waste of your time. Thanks...sign out.
Re: Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
AntiChristian:

From what you are saying Catholics Bible writers added "nonsense" to the OT books with them right?
l don't know the purpose to which it serves those who added it but what i can say is that it was irrelevant

A book like Maccabees is an ode to Alexander the great

Does that mean me as a Protestant can't use that Bible -- No i can use it ignoring the added part not consistent with the Bible narrative and history

(1) (Reply)

Dear Christians, All You Need Is Evidence / Pope Francis Says Choosing Pets Over Kids Is Selfish / I Knew Rev Ezekiel Was Going - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.