Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Church Is Not In The Heart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Is Not In The Heart (404 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Is Not In The Heart by vicomonode: 11:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
There is a common adage that Church is in the heart. When I meet people in the course of my personal evangelism, I ask them? Why don't you attend church, their answer will be CHURCH IS IN THE HEART.
Church in the this context means the house of God or place of worship.

The earlier we understand that church is not in the heart the better, we use these words to justify out not attending church service.
The Bible tells us about the man, King David.
In Psalms 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.

King David was a ruler at that time he could have told the prophet he is not going to church (house of God) that the house of God is in his heart or in the Palace.
Brothers and Sisters don't allow your life run down the drain by justifying your absence in the house of God. You are the looser when you don't attend church.
Church is a place where you worship God, trained spiritually, play your role in the body of Christ, be filled with hope and so much more.
All our lives we have gone through Training of our five senses from school to other non academic training but our Spirit have being left behind.
The Bible tells us in Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
The Bible tells us not to forsake ( abandon or leave) the gathering of believers (the church)
If you have not being attending church, begin today. Don't say someone hurt me or I said something I didn't like. Go back to the house of God and be a part of fulfilling your part in the body of Christ and also building your spirit because life is basically SPIRITUAL.
Re: Church Is Not In The Heart by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
vicomonode:
Church is a place where you worship God, trained spiritually, play your role in the body of Christ, be filled with hope and so much more.
All our lives we have gone through Training of our five senses from school to other non academic training but our Spirit have being left behind.
The Bible tells us in Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
The Bible tells us not to forsake ( abandon or leave) the gathering of believers (the church)
If you have not being attending church, begin today. Don't say someone hurt me or I said something I didn't like. Go back to the house of God and be a part of fulfilling your part in the body of Christ and also building your spirit because life is basically SPIRITUAL.
1. God's tabernacle, during the time of David was one built of the hands of men and from man made structures. That structure was finally rendered unfit for God when Jesus Christ died on the cross. So, stop quoting the words of David when you speak of the Church of Jesus Christ undecided

2. The Church that belongs to Jesus Christ is not one built by the hands of men and of man made structures. Instead it is built by the hands of Jesus Christ Himself... Matthew 16 vs 13 - 20 . Obviously, Jesus Christ was not referring to your churches. undecided

3. When Jesus Christ spoke of two or more gathered in His name, He spoke of His followers, those continually living in submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments. Your churches are instead filled to the brim with sinners and those who pretend to belong to Jesus Christ but in Truth live in direct obedience of the commandments of Jesus Christ. Again, another obvious reason why Jesus Christ was not referring to your churches when He spoke of His church. undecided

Your churches have nothing to do with Jesus Christ and so those who attend, do so at the risk of falling prey to the false teachers and prophets that Jesus Christ warner vehemently against as He taught His disciples to instead listen to Him and Him alone. undecided
Re: Church Is Not In The Heart by charly20(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2021
But the truth is "church is in the HEART"

End of story.

Sips abacha water while listening to false prophet by lucky dube
Re: Church Is Not In The Heart by budaatum: 1:28am On Jun 20, 2021
Church is in my neighbour's heart, and moreso in the heart of my enemy, which is why I try harder to bow down and worship you.

But of course you can not agree because, well where exactly is the building? And of course you know you are not really that worthy. But I insist, Church is in your heart and I buda must bow down and worship you.

You see, God, we read, took mud and built a church and called on the movers to move Gods breathe into you an image of that which breathed into you. So, inasmuch as I do unto you the image that I see before me, the Invisible God I never get to see untiI I die and start living some so called Eternal Life in the Kingdom of God that is ahem ehem and even then the God that is you must indeed be pleased.

Now, if only I could find verses that justify you to me. Still, buda falls onto knees in worship of you!

Damn! Now imperfect me must try to perfectly worship you.
Re: Church Is Not In The Heart by tobechi20(m): 4:35am On Jun 20, 2021
Is church in the penissdd
Re: Church Is Not In The Heart by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:13am On Jun 20, 2021
grin grin grin pure truth many don't like to hear
I know there are many fakes, living faith church winners chapel is one of the best choices..now that I have suggested one, don't allow laziness and other satanic wiles to keep u from coming
Congratulations, u will laff at last

(1) (Reply)

How I Met Christ And Got Converted To Christian - Pastor Tunde Bakare / The Faith Needed To Believe In Jesus Is A Gift From God. / See The Moment Prophet Odumeje Storms Oba (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.