Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) (42679 Views)

Catholic Diocese Of Enugu Shuts Down Father Mbaka's Adoration Ministry / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by okoroemeka(m): 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
maybe you lived all your life in iju ishaga Lagos and was shuttling Alaba market back to your house.

All these pictures you are posting cannot stand some nursery schools in Lagos
my brother why are you so pessimistic,your statements reeks of insecurity,did the op post to compare with your schools in the southwest,does everything has to degenerate to tribal scuffles,the op has never said that the schools in anambra are better than the ones in Lagos or ogun so why are you stoking the fires of tribalism.let us be mature in our comments because what comes out from your mouth is a window into your heart.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Blackdisciple(m): 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nice one..

No penny from the Government in support on like the almagiri schools they do build with tax payers money around the country mostly in the far North. This is church program not government program ...
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by calcal: 1:51am On Jun 21, 2021
Sanwo-Olu, how far?
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Shaev7(m): 3:19am On Jun 21, 2021
post=102907557:
Onitsha Catholic Diocese own 78 Parochial secondary schools in their jurisdiction in Anambra state
The first name in that list is Lagos, close to me, Rev. FR. ALEX AGBA.....
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by 10mobile: 6:45am On Jun 21, 2021
post=102907803:

I can't remember draging you to this thread grin

more schools manages by Onitsha Catholic Diocese
Congrats. But quality reporting demands that you tell us the names of the schools side by side with the photos. Some of us may be interested in patronizing them. You can go back and edit accordingly.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by FreeIgbos: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:
Its only an onye Anambra that would understand why this is a big deal. For a state that loved education so much, producing some of Nigeria best academic exports in the past, our educational structures and system sank so low at a point that our children and wards lost Interest altogether. There was a time that students in Anambra stayed at home for one year because of strike.

Peter Obi saw the decay in the system and decided to clear the putrid table by handing over the schools to the mission.
The beautiful outcome of that administrative master stroke is what we are celebrating today. The church both Anglican and Catholic mission has restored our pride of place in education in Nigeria. 20 years from now, the whole nations will understand the education revolution that is happening in Anambra state.

That was a masterstroke from Peter Obi and it actually revolutionized education and learning in Anambra. Other states in Igboland should have implemented same idea. The churches generally can easily pool resources and they also know how to maintain structures relative to government.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by RuddyFusion(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

It's your insecurities and , yes, your human nature that made you to bring in "competition, contest and things to argue about" in the communication the op was doing with his Post.

Your human biased nature did not allow you to see the good in the post /thread, rather it pushed you see what was not there by sighting/citing competition et al from what was building up in your heart. You need to watch that else it becomes uncontrollable and, That is not Christian like or Christ like as you may have it.

You need to reevaluate your understanding of being rich in Christ and step it up.

like you said, nothing to add.

And I repeat what I said earlier....

Is the Church , The Catholic church, Onisha diocese RICH in Christ Jesus?

I rest my case
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by bergs2: 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
Firstorderwizard:
I'm seeing so many wailings already just for 1 catholic diocese.
Can someone bring up Imo or Abia mission schools let's finish them.
FYI I'm a beneficiary of Imo Anglican school (8k per term) and I'm competing favorably with so called international school alumnus that paid 500k per term

This thread just dey totori me like this.

oh my!
i love scholarship especially when the benefactor is the Church.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Onyeka2019: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
I’m proud to be Anambra boy GOD bless Anambra..
we move
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Tonimax: 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
Factshunter:

Do you even understand the meaning, the essence, and context the word " Mofo " fits into? Another illiterate who just throw words around.

And no, I ain't pained but agry that some padi-padi nonrelevant threads are being moved to the front page thereby reducing the quality and the intellect of the beautiful forum.

Spare me your jargon already.

Ohh sorry prof johnbull, sophisticated afonja, cheesy cheesy werey like I said go and and create ur forum and post only relevant news....

I don't know who made u judge to know what news is "nonrelevant ". There are numerous news here u could just skip this, ahhn don't be a dumb0

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Blessedassuranc(f): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
Why envy for God sake? Why are you guys local like this?

See who is talking of local? Abeg go wash face
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Kfed4ril(m): 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
it seems you anambra people are very local. All these stuffs are not special and are mere mediocrity.

Come to ogun and Lagos state to see how schools should look

Lol
International man, why not create a thread for that, instead of disturbing our peace here.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Factshunter: 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
Tonimax:

Ohh sorry prof johnbull, sophisticated afonja, cheesy cheesy werey like I said go and and create ur forum and post only relevant news....

I don't know who made u judge to know what news is "nonrelevant ". There are numerous news here u could just skip this, ahhn don't be a dumb0

A look at the jargons you wrote up there proved my point and to add to that, it's obvious you are a frustrated fellow who couldn't hold his ground hence the use of the word ' werey ' it feels good to know that you are mad along with your... like you wrote up there.

And hey, a rat, nobody like you is in no position to tell me or anybody for that matter what to do and what not to. And I repeat, you you have no use for that word , how it's used or where,how to apply it ' and that proves that you are unstable, unbalanced mentally, psychologically, emotionally hence your pathetic mental situation and condition crying out for mental, critical evaluation.

grin

A nobody, no entity, a mentally unstable fellow like you are the least of my worries to bother about where and where not to stay, says who? Who born you, who gave birth to you, how important are you except your usual insanity display on here and sense of belonging that holds no water where none of your lineage has not shares nor investment - Nairaland?

Imao grin
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by MrMacinterchi1: 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
RuddyFusion:

And I repeat what I said earlier....

Is the Church , The Catholic church, Onisha diocese RICH in Christ Jesus?

I rest my case

same goes with I communicated to you before;
and

Rest your case on the big log of wood that covering your sight of seeing what is before you and clouding your common sense of reasoning before worrying about who is Rich in Christ Jesus.

That's where the problem lies.
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Tonimax: 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Factshunter:

A look at the jargons you wrote up there proved my point and to add to that, it's obvious you are a frustrated fellow who couldn't hold his ground hence the use of the word ' werey ' it feels good to know that you are mad along with your... like you wrote up there.

And hey, a rat, nobody like you is in no position to tell me or anybody for that matter what to do and what not to. And I repeat, you you have no use for that word , how it's used or where,how to apply it ' and that proves that you are unstable, unbalanced mentally, psychologically, emotionally hence your pathetic mental situation and condition crying out for mental, critical evaluation.

grin

A nobody, no entity, a mentally unstable fellow like you are the least of my worries to bother about where and where not to stay, says who? Who born you, who gave birth to you, how important are you except your usual insanity display on here and sense of belonging that holds no water where none of your lineage has not shares nor investment - Nairaland?

Imao grin

Common sense isnt that common embarassed
Read it slowly and tell me if it makes sense
See what a self acclaimed "prof" typed cheesy cheesy
Dumb0
But u want to tell seun how to run his forum sca11ywag
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Factshunter: 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
Tonimax:

Common sense isnt that common embarassed
Read it slowly and tell me if it makes sense
See what a self acclaimed "prof" typed cheesy cheesy
Dumb0
But u want to tell seun how to run his forum sca11ywag

nobody, like you, is in no position to tell me or anybody for that matter what to do and what not to.

If that was the only two lines you could finger an error out of all I wrote up there despite your limited knowledge of and use of English couple with your wrong use of words then, I dare to say I am in the position to call you out for your dumb use of words and limited use.

Having said that, I still insist that you lack the understanding of the words you use on here cos that word ' Mofo ' doesn't fit what this discussion and or my complaints were all about.

And again, I asked, do, did any of your linkage or ancestors has a share, investment on this platform to tell me or anybody for that matter who and who's not to complain to? How dare, you to start with, who are you, who gave birth to you, where are you from, and what's your family or bloodline known for to tell me not to complain? You dey ok so, a nobody, like you?

Imao
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Tonimax: 10:39am On Jun 23, 2021
Factshunter:

nobody, like you, is in no position to tell me or anybody for that matter what to do and what not to.

If that was the only two lines you could finger an error out of all I wrote up there despite your limited knowledge of and use of English couple with your wrong use of words then, I dare to say I am in the position to call you out for your dumb use of words and limited use.

Having said that, I still insist that you lack the understanding of the words you use on here cos that word ' Mofo ' doesn't fit what this discussion and or my complaints were all about.

And again, I asked, do, did any of your linkage or ancestors has a share, investment on this platform to tell me or anybody for that matter who and who's not to complain to? How dare, you to start with, who are you, who gave birth to you, where are you from, and what's your family or bloodline known for to tell me not to complain? You dey ok so, a nobody, like you?

Imao

Since nobody can tell you, (a dumb@ss) wat to do, you equally can't tell others what to do, the op has the right to post the topic, had it been ur brain isn't equal to 0 you would have known better than to ignore the post when u saw it, but no u want to showcase ur f00lishness....

Becos nairaland is faceless that's why u have the mind to utter such nonsense....
See a br@t that with just a phone call i will place u are gone forever
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Factshunter: 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
Tonimax:

Since nobody can tell you, (a dumb@ss) what to do, you equally can't tell others what to do, the op has the right to post the topic, had it been ur brain isn't equal to 0 you would have known better than to ignore the post when u saw it, but no u want to showcase ur f00lishness...

Becos nairaland is faceless that's why u have the mind to utter such nonsense....
See a br@t that with just a phone call I will place u are gone forever

grin

You are as dumb as your posts, mention, what makes you different from myself now, why not ignore my complaint in that case if you are not a dunce who doesn't live by his own words and protocols. ?

You just had to jump in with your stinking, foolish, and as usual, unworthy self. cheesy

I know you don't get it, do you? You are a nobody to tell me who to complain and who not to complain to, and why do you think there are report buttons and the rest on the forum, is it not meant to report complaints or pro-ibo threads like this that adds little or no meaning to the forum?

My message has been delivered and something, I believe is being done as the content I posted was consider so, you see? A nobody like you, a pro-ole, forum hijackers like you who don't have anything to do, can do no nothing, I see you as a barking dog, anyways grin. grin

So, you see, you are just a nobody, a noisemaker, and one whose purpose is helpless, powerless, useless, and holds no water just like you are to me and everyone else on this forum.

I am not a bit moved and I am spreading the message so that more of your likes will continue to have more fear and lose your grip on this beautiful platform with your pro-ibo-tic threads that talks about nothing but village buildings, schools without any educational purposes or content that affect everyday life and human development.

So, now what you ganna do now, a nobody? cheesy
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Tonimax: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2021
Factshunter:

grin

You are as dumb as your posts, mention, what makes you different from myself now, why not ignore my complaint in that case if you are not a dunce who doesn't live by his own words and protocols. ?

You just had to jump in with your stinking, foolish, and as usual, unworthy self. cheesy

I know you don't get it, do you? You are a nobody to tell me who to complain and who not to complain to, and why do you think there are report buttons and the rest on the forum, is it not meant to report complaints or pro-ibo threads like this that adds little or no meaning to the forum?

My message has been delivered and something, [b]I believe is being done as the content I posted was consider so, [/b]you see? A nobody like you, a pro-ole, forum hijackers like you who don't have anything to do, can do no nothing, I see you as a barking dog, anyways grin. grin

So, you see, you are just a nobody, a noisemaker, and one whose purpose is helpless, powerless, useless, and holds no water just like you are to me and everyone else on this forum.

I am not a bit moved and I am spreading the message so that more of your likes will continue to have more fear and lose your grip on this beautiful platform with your pro-ibo-tic threads that talks about nothing but village buildings, schools without any educational purposes or content that affect everyday life and human development.

So, now what you ganna do now, a nobody? cheesy

Something is being done cheesy cheesy
Joke of the century, becos the post didn't massage ur ego, mugu it seems anything associated with A pisse reek of total ignorance and hatred, go get a life and stop depending on little 30k monthly e- warrior tips from ur slave masters,
Another topic has been posted about Abia state of FP lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Oya goan masturbate there and show people how u are a great sophisticated, spineless, e-rat and m00ronic afonja....

PEACE cool

Modified: I had to laugh out loud while observing that my dear afonja isn't as sophisticated as I thought..... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Factshunter: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Tonimax:

Joke of the century, becos the post didn't massage ur ego, mugu it seems anything associated with A pisse reek of total ignorance and hatred, go get a life and stop depending on little 30k monthly e- warrior tips from ur slave masters,
Oya goan masturbate there and show people how u are a great sophisticated, spineless, e-rat and m00ronic afonja....

PEACE cool

Modified: I had to laugh out loud while observing that my dear afonja isn't as sophisticated as I thought..... grin grin grin grin grin

So hell with your ' sophistication ' tag, you can't buy me with that so, save that for your next line.

grin No, you ain't laughing out loud, you are vexed and can't bear the fact that I am here reigniting my message which you can't do shi.t than to continuously quote me and lament about my position on that so yeah, you are a platform for me to continuously send out my message about your ibo mods and pro-ibo threads that lack logical contents and educationally purpose.

Message my ego? grin WTF is that? To start with, you are a fugitive here who is obviously pained for calling out your pro-ibo mods and stupid, usual quick-to-push to the front page.

Yen! yen! Cry all you can, afonja this, afonja that has any significance.

Look at the thing, the common hater, envy, back-heart, nobody fellow talking about envy, hatred? Oh yeah grin I am, is that all, and well, I am learning that from a barking dog like you who cant seem tool hold his ground and mind his useless business and self.

So, once again, I am adding to your pain and frustration reminding Seun to put a stop to these pro-ibo, meaningless, and useless threads such as this one.
Oh, and the one at the FP don't lack content like this snap and post, useless thread. wink

mess sophistication. cool grin
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by imaxdocuments: 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
cheesy cheesy

Tonimax:

PEACE cool

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ogbuefi677(m): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Laboni:
You’re right, my late elder bro was an alumni of SASCO, 1996 set and B-ball took him to greater heights and it all started at SASCO.. Lost him late last year to cardiac arrest.
I'm 98 graduating set.
My condolences on d death of your brother.
Godson Elom?
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Ejanla69: 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2022
post=102907070:
Anambra Catholic community has four Dioceses

1, Onitsha
2, Awka
3, Nnewi
4, Ekwlobia

Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha, Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity is the biggest and richest
In December 1935, when Bishop Joseph Shanahan arrived onitsha from Ireland to bless the edifice the newly built Cathedral that shanahan saw was heart stopping in its splendor. The basilica which was then the cathedral stands on elevated piece of land which is part of the 20 hectares made available for Fr. Lutz and his team by Obi Anazonwu and chiefs of Onitsha on 6 January 1886.

Till 1930 what served as the central place of worship for the vicariate was the dual purpose building erected in 1914,the present holy Trinity primary school. The Holy Trinity cathedral was built between 1930 and 1935. In 1932, Bishop Shanahan handed over the mantle of leadership of the church to Bishop Charles Heerey on account of ill health especially the eyes. He retired and left for Ireland to allow the new Bishop a free hand. Shanahan was invited back for the jubilee and a major activity of the jubilee was the blessing of the cathedral.

The cathedral like many other houses in Onitsha was battered during the Nigerian civil war. The post war reconstruction happened to collide with the early period of the recommendations of the Vatican ll council especially regarding the liturgy. So the church in Onitsha while repairing the damages to the Holy Trinity cathedral reconstructed it to be in tune with the new liturgy.

In 1994, the Archbishop of Onitsha Albert kanenechukwu Obiefuna was transferred to Onitsha to take over the ailing Archbishop Stephen N. Ezeanya. Responding to the ever soaring number of worshipers who throng the Holy Trinity cathedral, Archbishop Obiefuna undertook to enlarge and expand accommodation in the cathedral. The conclusion of the modification was made to coincide with the centenary of the arrival of Bishop Shanahan in Onitsha. Thus on 5 December 2002 the work of the modification was brought to an end by the re-dedication of the reconstructed cathedral. The Holy Trinity cathedral has been a scene of many memorable occasions. Notable was the return and the reburial of the remains of Bishop Shanahan in 1956, Archbishop Heerey in 1967 and Archbishop Ezeanya in 1996 and Archbishop Obiefuna in 2011. An indisputably unique treasure in the cathedral is the relics of Blessed Michael Cyprian Iwene Tansi who was beatified by Pope John Paul ll in 1998.

Holy Trinity cathedral was elevated and promoted to a minor Basilica by Pope Benedict XVI on 28 May 2007 under the episcopacy of Archbishop Valerian Maduka Okeke.
https://www.onitsha-archdiocese.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2UcwzKHvE

where the Anglican church thread
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by BelovedEaglet(m): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2022
Where person fit see connect for WAEC 2023 runs for Onitsha abeg ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba / I Honour My Word Above My Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.