Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) (42567 Views)

Catholic Diocese Of Enugu Shuts Down Father Mbaka's Adoration Ministry / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

The schools are public schools that were in ruins before the government sought the church assistance in management. Quality education at government subsidised rate is priceless.

By the way, not all the schools were handed over to the mission. Government maintained some of the schools and we can see the difference. Infact that picture you posted about a government managed school should change your mind about celebrating this great feats by the church.

A new generation of sound scholars are been bred in those hallowed grounds and we are grateful.
Not all of the school here were being managed by the government. The hospitals are purely private.

Christ the king, Onitsha has never been managed by government
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
hijacke:

I would have loved to talk some sense into you but you are obviously not intelligent, you just enjoy the attention , I suggest everyone should ignore this guy
lol grin
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by gwafaeziokwu: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
You can’t measure educational chart with fraud tinted Waec and Neco. Stop being a joker.
Even my house help that cannot spell his name passed Waec with 5 As.

I know you understand what International maths Olympiad is? This is not WEAC or jamb. This is an international standard mathematics and chemistry competition for all secondary schools. Take your time and see God's children representing wella. grin

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

I know you understand what International maths Olympiad is? This is not WEAC or jamb. This is an international standard mathematics and chemistry competition for all secondary schools. Take your time and see God's children representing wella. grin
Nothing says that those Igbo names there didn’t attend quality schools in Lagos.

Abi are you reading a different article?
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by gwafaeziokwu: 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
Since Nigeria started participating in the maths Olympiad, only one person has won a medal for Nigeria 3 good times. A proud child of the most high. grin

Igbo children also dominates the honorable mentions section in the maths olympiad hall of fame. Federal unity schools exams, WEAC, Jamb, International examination, the same, people come tops and you still want to argue about malpractice. Envy is bad.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Oshokalo: 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Na free na my question be that,the missionary who came to Nigeria free education is one of their agenda
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Paswill(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
ArticleBeast:

4 for over 60 million youths?
Goes to show you what is wrong with our generation. 4 or 5 universities to cater for the educational needs of our ever increasing (youth) population! People now hide behind the anonymity of sm to spew total gibberish. Even with the current number of 'varsities, poly's, colleges of education owned by private entities or government, there's still the prevailing issue of overcrowded lecture halls and theaters. Then we have naysayers who obviously don't like anything that takes us away from the daily bloodletting, backbiting and backstabbing in the country trying everything in their power to derail this tranquil thread. These are educational institutions owned and managed by the archdiocese of onitsha. Its a very simple thing to comprehend.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
So how come the ones run by the state government are in sorry state?
Recycling old pictures below is Nnewi high school Nnewi

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by allcomage: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
I am not making it tribal, I just pointed out that Anambra people particularly overhype things that are not worth it
I'm not Igbo but I'm astonished with the giangantic achievements of the Catholic Church in Onitsha.Just look at the number of schools in one diocese, I'm more than impressed. No wonder the surge in education in Anambra state.

9 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102917268:

Recycling old pictures below is when Nnewi high school Nnewi
Workch, you see Na, you posted old pics but you can now see the newly remodeled school.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by gwafaeziokwu: 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
Nothing says that those Igbo names there didn’t attend quality schools in Lagos.

Abi are you reading a different article?

I know about a girl that came tops in Chemistry in the Nigeria zonal olympiad, her school is a mission school in Abia state.

By the way, so they do malpractice in Lagos too. Thanks for the enlightenment. grin When an Igbo child performs well in Lagos it is because of quality education but when such child does well in the east ,it is by malpractice. Yet you feel that you are not a bigot.

Oga quality is measured by results. The second best school in WEAC in the whole of Nigeria for years is Marist Brothers juniorate Uturu , Abia state. The first is always Jesuit college. The results speak for themselves. East has dusted the rest of Nigeria in basic education especially at primary and secondary level. We've got no rivals at the moment.

13 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ArticleBeast: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
Paswill:
Goes to show you what is wrong with our generation. 4 or 5 universities to cater for the educational needs of our ever increasing (youth) population! People now hide behind the anonymity of sm to spew total gibberish. Even with the current number of 'varsities, poly's, colleges of education owned by private entities or government, there's still the prevailing issue of overcrowded lecture halls and theaters. Then we have naysayers who obviously don't like anything that takes us away from the daily bloodletting, backbiting and backstabbing in the country trying everything in their power to derail this tranquil thread. These are educational institutions owned and managed by the archdiocese of onitsha. Its a very simple thing to comprehend.
I was shocked when i saw his comment.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by sexy74(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102907679:

Only those with rich history tell exciting story, those without only envy grin

some of the schools own by Onitsha Catholic Diocese
Thanks for educating the uneducated .

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by rigarmortis: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
it seems you anambra people are very local. All these stuffs are not special and are mere mediocrity.

Come to ogun and Lagos state to see how schools should look

Open a thread about lagos and ogun then, why are you trying to cause issues where there is none

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by AK481(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
The best way to return igbos to the top , the way we had 70% of all cars in Nigeria , we made other region uncomfortable, the Michael Okpara strategy is to return most schools to the Catholics while the government sponsors them.

Discipline , hardwork and non corruption will be deeply rooted again in our lives.

If SE governor can do this , then we will be back to wining ways .

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102916653:

Who is Uche?

Are you not Uche Okoye aka Anambra 1st son on Twitter?
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by flyca: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
Excellent job!
I am a proud Anambarian, born and raised in Anambra State. God bless my home state. I will love to send my kids to Anambra to spend 3 years in the homeland.

If care is not taken now, headslammers will come and want to enforce hijab. Nansense undecided

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
[quoute author=Maduawuchukwu post=102917719]

Are you not Uche Okoye aka Anambra 1st son on Twitter?[/quote]
He is a different person not me, I have warn many here about the name
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102917268:

Recycling old pictures below is when Nnewi high school Nnewi
This is my alma mater, I left there in 2007. We are 109 years old, the 10th oldest secondary school in Nigeria and the school has been managed by state government since about 40years Ago since taken from the Anglican Church. Though not in Superb shape but you are hyping your schools like they are out of the world.

Abeg, don’t be doing like a village boy. All these schools including the ones all over Nigeria as long as it’s been managed by government are below standard.

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
rigarmortis:

Open a thread about lagos and ogun then, why are you trying to cause issues where there is none
There is no basis to say that his own picture is not the old one
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Emmyxclusive: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102907874:
You wonder why Anambra is topping in education here is the secret
Truely anambra got it right in terms of education, thier state secondary schools are very okay and well managed

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by oka4ugoo: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
jimyjames:

Wow the Catholic Church is really a blessing to igbos, even during the Biafra war they helped a lot and many of them died in the process

If all the diocese in igbo land can do what the Onitsha diocese is doing igboland will develop faster

My brother na the Bishop oo! Archbishop of Onitsha values human and capital development. His love for education is something else. The number of Rev. Fathers studying abroad na another thing altogether. The university when completed I believe will be the best in Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by adebwalex(m): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Good one this is how it should be done.. Not like the other church who is just building university which the common man children in the church won't be able to send their ward too.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
This is my alma mater, I left there in 2007. We are 109 years old, the 10th oldest secondary school in Nigeria and the school has been managed by state government since about 40years Ago since taken from the Anglican Church. Though not in Superb shape but you are hyping your schools like they are out of the world.

Abeg, don’t be doing like a village boy. All these schools including the ones all over Nigeria as long as it’s been managed by government are below standard.
Workch, there's nothing good to write home about this your school compared to the one Anambraistson posted.

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by CSTRR: 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
maybe you lived all your life in iju ishaga Lagos and was shuttling Alaba market back to your house.

All these pictures you are posting cannot stand some nursery schools in Lagos
Lagos has some awesome structures, true.

But I don't think they have the quality of teachers that anambra has.

There is a reason why anambra has the highest unity school entry cut off mark in the entire country, significantly higher than Lagos.

Don't underestimate the education in those Catholic schools.
The standard is higher than in most schools.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Lightorder: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
post=102907679:

Only those with rich history tell exciting story, those without only envy grin

some of the schools own by Onitsha Catholic Diocese
God bless you sir, keep moving sir

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Lightorder: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
What is special about all these now?
attention seeker. Please, know where and when to stop. . Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
CSTRR:

But I don't think they have a quality of teachers that anambra has.

There is a reason why anambra has the highest unity school entry cut off mark in the entire country, significantly higher than Lagos.

Lol, quality of teachers.

My son and everyone in their school speak queen’s English. It’s a British school and you have to pass British test of English both in writing and accent to be able to teach in his school. A lot of them are like that in Lekki.
It’s seem most of you just visit oshodi, Yaba and Alaba international and then conclude on Lagos grin
Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Lightorder: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
I am not a catholic, but you have made my day sir. I loooooove this. Remove the church and see Nigeria under the stones

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by CSTRR: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
Lol, quality of teachers.

My son and everyone in their school speak queens English. It’s a British school and you have to pass British test of English both in writing and accent to be able to teach in his school. A lot of them are like that in Lekki.
It’s seem most of you just visit oshodi, Yaba and Alaba international and then conclude on Lagos grin
I am not talking about the international schools.
How many students in Lagos go to international schools.?

I am talking about the schools that most lagosians have access to.
The standard is higher in anambra.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by chikason22(m): 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
it seems you are a local person, have you ever left anambra before in your life?

All these things you are posting are not special.
This aboki man, why can't you appreciate good things. What op is saying in a nutshell is that Christianity has brought more good than harm unlike any other religion. Especially religion of piss. Stop envying. Las las you go dey alright.
Now get out.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) by Workch: 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
CSTRR:

But I don't think they have the quality of teachers that anambra has.

I also attended a catholic nursery and primary school anyway.

St. Anthony’s nursery and primary school in Ijebu ode. This quality you are talking about in catholic schools is only by Nigerian standard and a good number of them are still below par.

Just browse about the school i mentioned, it’s still one of the biggest private schools in Ijebu-ode today but you can’t compare the quality there with schools like Corona schools and Norwegian/British schools in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chris Tucker Turned Down $10 Million To Stay True To His Faith / Burial Photos Of Pastor Shuaibu Yohanna Who Was Murdered By Mob In Kano / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.