Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Gratitude To God For Our Salvation Motivates One To Evangelise & Do Mission Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gratitude To God For Our Salvation Motivates One To Evangelise & Do Mission Work (96 Views)

Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? / How Often Do You Evangelise? / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gratitude To God For Our Salvation Motivates One To Evangelise & Do Mission Work by Lovelash: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Jesus commissioned all his followers - those who have experienced God’s gracious salvation by faith in Him of every generation to “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matt, 28:19 ). This is known as the great commission and it affirms God’s word that we are all His witnesses in Isa.40:10. Preaching the Gospel is the responsibility of all Christians and not a duty reserved for the Pastors, Evangelists, and the Missionaries alone.

The salvation of all mankind is the heartbeat of God and for this reason, Jesus came, suffered and died a shameful death on the cross of Calvary that all men might be saved. Therefore, we are called to witness about God, His great love and His willingness to forgive, to save and to deliver all who come to Him through faith in Jesus' finished work. Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Captain of our salvation commanded us to preach repentance and remission of sins in his name among all nations (Luke 24:47 ). The Holy Spirit outpouring is to facilitate this (Acts 1:8 ).

Therefore, it is expected of all that have experienced God’s gracious salvation to tell others about it, so that they can come to the saving knowledge of God and embrace His salvation too. This is our duty.

One of the things done by the priests in the Old Testament was the proclamation of God, His Holiness, and mercies to the people. Jesus paid the price with His precious blood to make us priests and kings unto God and His Father therefore as priests, dare we not proclaim God’s salvation to the perishing people and save their souls from eternal damnation?

When we tell others about God, most especially about His Salvation, and win souls for Him, we worship Him.

Why are many Christians not obeying the great commission to do it? The answer is simply because many of us don’t appreciate all that Jesus did and went through on the cross of Calvary for the salvation of our souls. That songwriter of the song, ‘WHEN I SURVEY THE WONDROUS CROSS’ in appreciation of Jesus’ sufferings, pains and sorrows for our salvation wrote this,

“See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were an offering far too small:
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

Proclamation of God’s salvation, goodness and love for him was something king David was not tired of doing as revealed in many of his Psalms such as Psa. 18;51; 138;145. This he did out of gratitude to God.

Unless we appreciate the awesome grace of God’s gracious salvation extended to us, we would likely lack the compassion to show the unsaved the way of salvation. Those Jesus healed in gratitude spread the news about him. It was gratitude that made Paul totally give his all to the proclamation of the Gospel. Apostle Paul charged us to preach saying, “preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-sufferings and doctrine (2 Tim. 4:2).

If anyone is grateful to God for His salvation such a person will not be silent or ashamed to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the unsaved. “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16 ).

If only God would open our eyes of understanding to know the extent of what embracing His gracious salvation has done for us we would proclaim Him to the whole world even with our last breath.

Show your appreciation to God for the Salvation of your soul today by telling someone about His great love for humanity that made Jesus Christ die for our sins on the cross of Calvary.

Thank you Jesus for the Salvation of my soul.
GOD LOVES YOU SO DO I.

www.lovelashblog.com
©copyright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gratitude To God For Our Salvation Motivates One To Evangelise & Do Mission Work by Jashub: 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
Lovely writeup. The reason most Christians don't do evangelism is mainly because of fear and condemnation. Many are of the opinion that they will be scrutinised because of their ways of life that run contrary to the precepts of the Bible

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Handle Disagreements (1) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/07/2021 / Fear Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.