Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? (13878 Views)

Osinachi Nwachkwu Song Played To Evangelise In UK While Being Buried. Video. / Lord's Chosen Members Spotted Using Customized Plane To Evangelise In Lagos / How Often Do You Evangelise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by seunlayi(m): 6:57am On Sep 05, 2021
Christians have used many different approaches to spread Christianity via the practice of evangelism. Christianity began with only a few different evangelistic approaches, but over the years, many different forms of evangelism have been employed by various groups to spread their faith.
There are various way to evangelise especially in a country like Nigeria that has freedom of worship.
Open-air preaching, Door-to-door, sermon, Lifestyle evangelism, and so on.

“Lifestyle evangelism” is an evangelism strategy that focuses on living a holy, winsome life among unbelievers with the goal of attracting people to the message of Jesus Christ. Many variations of lifestyle evangelism exist, but the definitive resource is the book Lifestyle Evangelism by Joe Aldrich.

Lifestyle evangelism has been popular since the 1990s, and many Western Christians have sought to share their faith through their lifestyle in addition to their verbal testimony. In contrast with other methods such as tracts, crusades, and media-based outreach, popular in the mid-twentieth century, lifestyle evangelism focuses on building relationships with one person at a time. Through friendship, opportunities arise to share the gospel.

Critics claim that lifestyle evangelism is insufficient or that it ignores the Bible’s command to share the gospel verbally. Doing good works is not enough; we must speak the truth. However, lifestyle evangelism can and should do both. There are many examples in Scripture of those who both lived out their faith and verbally shared their faith.

For example, the apostle Peter boldly shared his faith in Christ on the Day of Pentecost in the streets of Jerusalem, and 3,000 people were converted to Christ and baptized as a result (Acts 2:41). Shortly afterwards, he and the other apostles were taking action to meet the needs of widows (Acts 6:1-7).

In addition, members of the early church were known for their good works, being “highly regarded by the people.” (Acts 5:13). At the same time, they were obeying God’s command to “tell the people the full message of this new life” (verse 20). A combination of vibrant faith and a vibrant sharing of faith is the proper balance.

Paul exhorted Timothy to “keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching” (1 Timothy 4:16). Paul emphasized that Timothy’s lifestyle and preaching were both important in the effort to evangelize others.
From love to The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control... Gal 5:22-23
Paul affirmed the same principle in Ephesians 4:1-3: “I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Though called to boldly proclaim Jesus (Romans 1:16), we also have a clear call to live a life reflective of the message of Christ. Especially now that people read the Bible through the lifestyle of Believers.

So long as lifestyle evangelism does not replace the verbal sharing of the gospel, it is a legitimate ministry tool. Lifestyle evangelism can be a wonderful way to show faith in action in a world that needs to see what true Christianity looks like rather than only thing about making noise to people in an environment, in a public transport, etc where nobody can claim he/she has never heard the name of Jesus before.
Do you agree?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by vinceyinnovation: 7:16am On Sep 05, 2021
Agreed

Although people hide under the guise of lifestyle Evangelism to avoid the verbal preaching of the gospel due to the spirit of fear.

The lifestyle adds more impact to the verbal preaching of the gospel and not as a replacement.

25 Likes

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by DropsMic(m): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2021
If that's the case then it means atheists are more Godly than Christians... Because I've never seen a bad atheists.. But bad Christains are as ubiquitous as church posters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by slawormiir: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Although life style evangelism anyday anytime twice on Sunday
Because the verbal evangelism is damnnn annoying when these Christians are doing it...

After huzzling all day....then you enter motor to relax your head before getting home..only for one Christian brother or sister to start all that bullshit of disturbing you with the gospel

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2021
True.

Some of the people that have been most inspired in my respect have been as a result of my lifestyle and giving.

One a missionary who God is using to reach the unreached said he didn't need to read the Bible, but my lifestyle was enough to inspire to that degree. He also said my generosity inspired him to give to the point that he doesn't even expect anything in return.

There are several of them like that who to my surprise changed and were positively inspired because of my lifestyle and passion for God.

It really works and I'm a living testimony of that.

I also believe the example of Christ and His death inspired His disciples more than His Words did.

God bless.

Lollittaa:

"I did" "I did" "I" "me". None of your threads or comments are free from self aggrandisement.
Where did you place "He must increase but I must decrease"?
Whatever you do, whoever you are, is because of grace. The light of salvation shone on you and the new nature of Christ in you, at salvation is responsible for whatsoever you do or you will do, for God and for HIS GLORY. Not yours.
Even if I boast, I make my boast in the Lord! With God all things are possible.

Mark the word "with", it not "for" or "to" but "with", so it's a partnership and I'm able to do so not by my might nor by power, but by the Spirit of God.

Therefore you must ensure that you also yield yourself to God completely so God would be able to use you to do likewise, otherwise all these excuses you're making in the name of grace, would profit you nothing but vanity in the end, if you don't pay the price.

4 Likes

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by peppermint7(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2021
Make ona let person rest oooo
Atleast Sundays better pass Friday
Tueh for those abokis
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by IamPlato(m): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2021

.yes. people constantly monitor you...

Your life is enough to preach to people, no be by carrying mega phone dey disturb streets...

Life style is the biggest evangelism, if you preach with megaphone or in church while your life says different you dey waste your time.

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Gosj001: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2021
People read People nowadays!

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on my signature
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Righteousness2(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2021
Whether you Preach with Mic
Preach with your style
Preach with your Life
Preach in the Bus
Preach on the street
Preach on the Internet
What is Important is that you the Preacher is Genuinely Born again, Living for Christ and Conscious of your Salvation. Also ensure you put out the Undiluted Gospel of JESUS Christ as the ONLY way to be Saved

The Duty of a Preacher is to Put out the Gospel , it is GOD'S Duty to Convince and Save the soul.

6 Likes

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by omonighoblessing(f): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2021
Agreed
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
True.

Some of the people that have been most inspired in my respect have been as a result of my lifestyle and giving.

One a missionary who God is using to reach the unreached said he didn't need to read the Bible, but my lifestyle was enough to inspire to that degree. He also said my generosity inspired him to give to the point that he doesn't even expect anything in return.

There are several of them like that who to my surprise changed and were positively inspired because of my lifestyle and passion for God.

It really works and I'm a living testimony of that.

I also believe the example of Christ and His death inspired His disciples more than His Words did.

God bless.
"I did" "I did" "I" "me". None of your threads or comments are free from self aggrandisement.
Where did you place "He must increase but I must decrease"?
Whatever you do, whoever you are, is because of grace. The light of salvation shone on you and the new nature of Christ in you, at salvation is responsible for whatsoever you do or you will do, for God and for HIS GLORY. Not yours.

2 Likes

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by ikes9(m): 9:40am On Sep 05, 2021
Every form of evangelism has its place in the whole mix,people NEED to see your LIGHT,see that you're DIFFERENT in every way,that lifestyle would add strength and power to your verbal Testimony . You can't be a hateful person or a hypocrite and expect someone to listen to your verbal Testimony it can't work like that .
The Church as a whole NEEDS to do better,we can't be living life like unbelievers
One thing I like to say is "The world says YOLO, but I say I'll live forever with God and in God " . Have that Heavenly mindset and see your scope of things change . The message of the Gospel is the most wonderful miracle ever and Christianity is the most exciting journey one can ever embark on

Happy Sunday people

3 Likes

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by rave409: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2021
Everyday is a good day to evangelise

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Truefaith: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2021
nmhb
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Egein(m): 9:44am On Sep 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Although life style evangelism anyday anytime twice on Sunday

Yahoo boy sef dey get opinion.

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:46am On Sep 05, 2021
ok

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by heniford2: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2021
seunlayi:
Christians have used many different approaches to spread Christianity via the practice of evangelism. Christianity began with only a few different evangelistic approaches, but over the years, many different forms of evangelism have been employed by various groups to spread their faith.
There are various way to evangelise especially in a country like Nigeria that has freedom of worship.
Open-air preaching, Door-to-door, sermon, Lifestyle evangelism, and so on.

“Lifestyle evangelism” is an evangelism strategy that focuses on living a holy, winsome life among unbelievers with the goal of attracting people to the message of Jesus Christ. Many variations of lifestyle evangelism exist, but the definitive resource is the book Lifestyle Evangelism by Joe Aldrich.

Lifestyle evangelism has been popular since the 1990s, and many Western Christians have sought to share their faith through their lifestyle in addition to their verbal testimony. In contrast with other methods such as tracts, crusades, and media-based outreach, popular in the mid-twentieth century, lifestyle evangelism focuses on building relationships with one person at a time. Through friendship, opportunities arise to share the gospel.

Critics claim that lifestyle evangelism is insufficient or that it ignores the Bible’s command to share the gospel verbally. Doing good works is not enough; we must speak the truth. However, lifestyle evangelism can and should do both. There are many examples in Scripture of those who both lived out their faith and verbally shared their faith.

For example, the apostle Peter boldly shared his faith in Christ on the Day of Pentecost in the streets of Jerusalem, and 3,000 people were converted to Christ and baptized as a result (Acts 2:41). Shortly afterwards, he and the other apostles were taking action to meet the needs of widows (Acts 6:1-7).

In addition, members of the early church were known for their good works, being “highly regarded by the people.” (Acts 5:13). At the same time, they were obeying God’s command to “tell the people the full message of this new life” (verse 20). A combination of vibrant faith and a vibrant sharing of faith is the proper balance.

Paul exhorted Timothy to “keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching” (1 Timothy 4:16). Paul emphasized that Timothy’s lifestyle and preaching were both important in the effort to evangelize others.
From love to The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control... Gal 5:22-23
Paul affirmed the same principle in Ephesians 4:1-3: “I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Though called to boldly proclaim Jesus (Romans 1:16), we also have a clear call to live a life reflective of the message of Christ. Especially now that people read the Bible through the lifestyle of Believers.

So long as lifestyle evangelism does not replace the verbal sharing of the gospel, it is a legitimate ministry tool. Lifestyle evangelism can be a wonderful way to show faith in action in a world that needs to see what true Christianity looks like rather than only thing about making noise to people in an environment, in a public transport, etc where nobody can claim he/she has never heard the name of Jesus before.
Do you agree?
is it possible to create a means where by before people comment they most accept jesus as dia personal lord and saviour just like the muslim do before u comment

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by seunlayi(m): 9:56am On Sep 05, 2021
God help us all

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by money121(m): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by naturefellow(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2021
This is my style TBH.
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:10am On Sep 05, 2021
Very true.

But Christians of today and even pastors don't live the lifestyle of Jesus Christ, I see the Lord telling them on judgement day to depart into outer darkness. I see them wailing and gnashing their teeth.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Bayaar02(m): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Whether you Preach with Mic
Preach with your style
Preach with your Life
Preach in the Bus
Preach on the street
Preach on the Internet
What is Important is that the Gospel of JESUS Christ as the ONLY way to be Saved is Put out for all to Hear.

The Duty of a Preacher is to Put out the Gospel , it is GOD'S Duty to Convince and Save the soul.

It doesn't work that way, does it?
You can't be a hell of a smoker or a chronic drinker and you'll preach the gospel to me with igbó or ogogoro oozing out of your mouth and you expect me to act like a dullard... Nah!
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by seunlayi(m): 10:13am On Sep 05, 2021
vinceyinnovation:
Agreed

Although people hide under the guise of lifestyle Evangelism to avoid the verbal preaching of the gospel due to the spirit of fear.

The lifestyle adds more impact to the verbal preaching of the gospel and not as a replacement.
It is stated in the text that it should not be allowed to override the verbal preaching.
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Benjaniblinks(m): 10:27am On Sep 05, 2021
angry
Righteousness2 is making it something else
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by jamace(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2021
By their fruits, you will know them...

Action speaks louder than words...

Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves...

Most Christians today are mere churchgoers and talkative. Their actions find them out 100%..

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Offpoint1: 10:54am On Sep 05, 2021
The black man has a way of abusing everything given to him.

How do you explain a neighbour waking up 12am with loud prayers, singing, clapping, thumbing of feet till 4/5am, without thinking about those he/she shared apartment with?

Jesus himself never bothered his disciples with his prayers, he always quietly left them and walked faraway to a hill to pray.

How do you explain a church in a residential building/area with heavy loud speakers, holding programs almost every night and running this equipments on highest volume from 10pm till 5am, without thinking about others living in the neighborhood?

Try to talk to them about imthose noise and they'll automatically believe you're possessed by demons. They'll used you as topic to preach on Sunday and members will hail the preacher.
They will foolishly quote their favourite Bible verse of "The church of God will move on and the gate of hell will not prevail"

Christianity was introduced to Africans by the British, can anyone British country tolerate the madness Africans are doing in their own country?

The Muslims aren't left out in the madness, they've become natural alarm that wakes you up every 5pm. At least their madness is tolerable cuz it lasted maximum of 10 minutes.

No one is stopping you from practicing your religions, but respect the right of others while doing so. Learn from those who introduced the religion to you.

I once asked a preacher "how will you feel if an herbalist comes preaching his gods to you everyday or screaming on the top of his voice on your window every morning?"

She said she won't be happy about it because the gods he's preaching about is false god.
I just kept shut...

1 Like

Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Polynek(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2021
Kepp d comments coming
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by yellowgarri2(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2021
money121:
Ok
CEO kindly do Sunday for me make I dey hail you
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2021
Benjaniblinks:
angry
Righteousness2 is making it something else

Better Leave him alone!!.

As a Pastor, He never used to comment on Sunday Christian Topics!!
He is now doing it after I Criticized him on other thread!!
Leave him to Preach!! TODAY NA SUNDAY!
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by seunlayi(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Better Leave him alone!

As a Pastor, He never used to comment on Sunday Christian Topics!!
He is now doing it after I Criticized him on other thread!!
Leave him to Preach!! TODAY NA SUNDAY!
lol
Re: Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? by seunlayi(m): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2021
Offpoint1:
The black man has a way of abusing everything given to him.

How do you explain a neighbour waking up 12am with loud prayers, singing, clapping, thumbing of feet till 4/5am, without thinking about those he/she shared apartment with?

Jesus himself never bothered his disciples with his prayers, he always quietly left them and walked faraway to a hill to pray.

How do you explain a church in a residential building/area with heavy loud speakers, holding programs almost every night and running this equipments on highest volume from 10pm till 5am, without thinking about others living in the neighborhood?

Try to talk to them about imthose noise and they'll automatically believe you're possessed by demons. They'll used you as topic to preach on Sunday and members will hail the preacher.
They will foolishly quote their favourite Bible verse of "The church of God will move on and the gate of hell will not prevail"

Christianity was introduced to Africans by the British, can anyone British country tolerate the madness Africans are doing in their own country?

The Muslims aren't left out in the madness, they've become natural alarm that wakes you up every 5pm. At least their madness is tolerable cuz it lasted maximum of 10 minutes.

No one is stopping you from practicing your religions, but respect the right of others while doing so. Learn from those who introduced the religion to you.

I once asked a preacher "how will you feel if an herbalist comes preaching his gods to you everyday or screaming on the top of his voice on your window every morning?"

She said she won't be happy about it because the gods he's preaching about is false god.
I just kept shut...
Nigeria is still in slumber, this noise pollution will sooner come to an end

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? / The Followers Of Orisas ^ ^

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.