Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion (418 Views)

What Do I Think About Jehovah Witness Members And Religion As A Whole? / Daddy Freeze: Don't Be Deceived By Hypocrisy Of Men! By Omooba77 / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by davidinchrist(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Jesus already warned that Deception is the major mark of the last days, and the only solution is to love and obey the truth, words of Jesus. Below are some of those common signs of Deception:

1. Thinking that salvation is just by repeating the sinners prayer, attending and being a loyal member of a church or pastor, without continually obeying the words of Jesus as recorded in the new testament.

2. A person is deeply deceived when he/she thinks asking God for forgiveness constantly without truly forsaking the sins, could make up for obedience to Jesus, and living to please God.

3. Another level of deception is when we think we can bribe God by preaching, fasting and praying, doing lots of church activities and doing good in general. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

4. That one can love Money and God at the same time. They are opposites. It's best to make money a servant and God the Master; not the other way round.

5. That one could be a friend of the world and God at the same time.

7. That people's opinions are very important.

8. That one's financial prosperity, healing, and blessings means God is happy and pleased with the person. God gives freely to All, the good and evil. Of course, even the devil can mastermind what are sometimes called God's blessings.

9. That it's God's blessings to be famous and well loved by the world.

10. That once saved you are always saved. Jesus said people would end up in hell if they do not stop sinning.

11. That it's enough to pay your tithe regularly and go through church routines, even though you live comfortably in willful sins openly or behind close doors.

12. That you're fine with God because you're a Pastor, church worker, church founder or your parents are. The point is whether you and your members do obey Jesus words. If not, you might as well repent of selfishness and love of Money; and tell people the truth in order to escape the coming judgement of God. Matt. 3:4.

13. To think all is well because one belongs to one of the biggest or most influencial churches in the world or country.

14. Loving Jesus without his Cross. Many of us love Jesus but hate his Cross. We are not worthy of Him if we do not take care up the cross.

All right, I could have taken a bit of time to back up all points with scriptural passages, but I thought putting few verses down below should be just fine.

Matt.7.21 - "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who DOES the will of My Father in heaven.

Matt.10.38 - And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

Matt.6.24 - "No one can serve two masters...

...You cannot serve God and mammon.

Jas.4.4 - Whoever therefore wants to be a FRIEND of the world makes himself an ENEMY of God.

2Pet.3.9 - The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent.

John.14.15 - "If you love me, obey my commandments.

God bless.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Jun 21, 2021
davidinchrist:
Jesus already warned that Deception is the major mark of the last days, and the only solution is to love and obey the truth, words of Jesus. Below are some of those common signs of Deception:
10. That once saved you are always saved. Jesus said people would end up in hell if they do not stop sinning.
When Adam sinned, God cursed him with Death, and every man since Adam has inherited Death from their ancestors, all the way back to Adam. Now this Death we inherited is such that when we die we cease to exist...become nothing. ...perish in the grave...return to dust from which we were made - Genesis 3.

God then sent Jesus Christ, the second Adam, and He came offering a chance at salvation to all those who will believe in Him. But what is it that Jesus Christ offers us Salvation from? Jesus Christ came with Salvation from the curse of Death placed on man by God. Jesus Christ came offering man a chance at Eternal Life- a chance man lost when Adam sinned in the garden of Eden - John 3 vs 1 - 21. undecided

So, by believing in Jesus Christ, no longer is man condemned to perish in the grave, but is instead gifted with Eternal Life - a never ending Life that goes on even after Man's term on this earth is over. undecided

So the question here is, can a person who is saved/ and has Salvation .I.e. has been saved from Death, and gifted with Eternal life loose said Eternal Life? The answer to this question lies in the fact that the same Jesus Christ through whom we obtained Eternal life, also declared that He did not come to condemn but to Save(Salvation)- John 12 vs 46 - 48.

And since the taking away a one's Eternal Life would amount to condemning the same again to Death, Jesus Christ is unable to do that. This means that once that gift of Eternal life has been gifted it is permanently given - irrevocable.

Therefore once a person has been saved from Death, and gifted with Eternal life as a result, such a person can never again be unsaved .i.e. condemned to Death again. So once saved, always saved makes sense in the light of the Truth of God. undecided
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 21, 2021
Don't worry about Kobojunkie, DavidinChrist.

KJ lies, just like the devil, always misusing Scripture in an attempt to confuse people away from the Truth.
KJ has no idea what Jesus says, nor does he/she care to know.
KJ has no foundation to his/her "believing in Christ" stuff.
If one "believes in Christ", it doesn't mean they merely believe He existed, was good, etc. -- even the devil knows that, and he'll end up in Hell.
If one believes in Christ, it means they DO what He tells them to DO (including repenting, forgiving others, and keeping the 10 Commandments based on the 2 Most Important Commandments, that is to say "stop sinning" ), because they finally gave up their way for His Way, knowing Jesus is right.
If we Love Jesus, and others as ourself, we will DO what Jesus says.

So, DavidinChrist, you are right on all points, including the one KJ is trying to deceive people on.

Finally, here is further absolute proof that a saved person, if they then continue on in sin, will in fact be lost:

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/17/t/can-a-saved-man-choose-to-be-lost-
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by davidinchrist(m): 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When Adam sinned, God cursed him with Death, and every man since Adam has inherited Death from their ancestors, all the way back to Adam. Now this Death we inherited is such that when we die we cease to exist...become nothing. ...perish in the grave...return to dust from which we were made - Genesis 3.

God then sent Jesus Christ, the second Adam, and He came offering a chance at salvation to all those who will believe in Him. But what is it that Jesus Christ offers us Salvation from? Jesus Christ came with Salvation from the curse of Death placed on man by God. Jesus Christ came offering man a chance at Eternal Life- a chance man lost when Adam sinned in the garden of Eden - John 3 vs 1 - 21. undecided

So, by believing in Jesus Christ, no longer is man condemned to perish in the grave, but is instead gifted with Eternal Life - a never ending Life that goes on even after Man's term on this earth is over. undecided

So the question here is, can a person who is saved/ and has Salvation .I.e. has been saved from Death, and gifted with Eternal life loose said Eternal Life? The answer to this question lies in the fact that the same Jesus Christ through whom we obtained Eternal life, also declared that He did not come to condemn but to Save(Salvation)- John 12 vs 46 - 48.

And since the taking away a one's Eternal Life would amount to condemning the same again to Death, Jesus Christ is unable to do that. This means that once that gift of Eternal life has been gifted it is permanently given - irrevocable.

Therefore once a person has been saved from Death, and gifted with Eternal life as a result, such a person can never again be unsaved .i.e. condemned to Death again. So once saved, always saved makes sense in the light of the Truth of God. undecided

Hello...

Surely not to argue with you, but IF you wish to have a rethink on what you said about salvation which you probably got from a great preacher or church where the opinions of the Pastor or Founder is more important than the scriptures. Then Why not ask JUDAS and DEMAS about SALVATION even after being saved at first? Were they always saved?

Do you think the likes of Judas and Demas would believe the always saved gospel now?

It's just the doctrine of the devil and his false prophets...

2Tim.4.10 - for Demas has FORSAKEN me, having LOVED this present WORLD.

(like it says Love NOT the World)

You remember Jesus told people to Go And Sin NO MORE, or else a worse thing happens (the worst is going to Hell).

More:
Heb.6.6 - if they FALL AWAY, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Luke.8.13 - But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who BELIEVE FOR A WHILE and in time of temptation FALL AWAY.

Gal.5.21 " ... that they (WHO ARE "THEY"? Paul was talking to Galatian Christians, not unbelievers) which do such things SHALL NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

MOREOVER

Heb.10.26 - Dear friends (CHRISTIAN friends), "IF WE" DELIBERATELY CONTINUE SINNING after we have received a full knowledge of the truth, there is NO other sacrifice that will cover these sins.

Heb.10.27 - There will be nothing to look forward to but the terrible expectation of God's judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies.

All right, that's just in case you want to believe God's words; otherwise, like I said, I don't argue. I don't need to win ANY argument. You can believe what you want, brother.

What I need is mercy and grace to endure till the End; not about winning empty arguments. Like Jesus said:

Matt.24.13 - But he that shall ENDURE unto the END, the same shall be SAVED.

(So, what happens if they don't? I think we know the answer.)

ANYWAY

Rev.22.11 - Let the one who is doing wrong continue to do wrong; the one who is vile, continue to be vile; the one who is good, continue to do good; and the one who is holy, continue in holiness."

Rev.22.12 - "See, I am coming soon, and my reward is with me, to repay all according to their deeds.

Thanks awitness41.

May Jesus bless and give us all light
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by davidinchrist(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
Heb.10.26 - Dear friends (CHRISTIAN friends), "IF WE" DELIBERATELY CONTINUE SINNING after we have received a full knowledge of the truth, there is NO other sacrifice that will cover these sins.

Heb.10.27 - There will be nothing to look forward to but the terrible expectation of God's judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies.

Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2021
davidinchrist:
Hello...
Surely not to argue with you, but if you wish to have a rethink on what you said about salvation which you probably got from a great preacher or church where the opinion of the Pastor or Founder is more important. Then Why not ask JUDAS and DEMAS about SALVATION even after being saved at first?

Do you think the likes of Judas and Demas would believe the always saved gospel now?

It's just the doctrine of the devil and his false prophets...

2Tim.4.10 - for Demas has FORSAKEN me, having LOVED this present WORLD.

(like it says Love NOT the World)

You remember Jesus told people to Go And Sin NO MORE, or else a worse thing happens (the worst is going to Hell).

More:
Heb.6.6 - if they FALL AWAY, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Luke.8.13 - But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who BELIEVE FOR A WHILE and in time of temptation FALL AWAY.

Gal.5.21 " ... that they (WHO ARE "THEY"? Paul was talking to Galatian Christians, not unbelievers) which do such things SHALL NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

MOREOVER

All right, that's just in case you want to believe God's words; otherwise, like I said, I don't argue. I don't need to win ANY argument. You can believe what you want, brother.

What I need is mercy and grace to endure till the End; not about winning empty arguments. Like Jesus said:

(So, what happens if they don't? I think we know the answer.)

ANYWAY

Rev.22.11 - Let the one who is doing wrong continue to do wrong; the one who is vile, continue to be vile; the one who is good, continue to do good; and the one who is holy, continue in holiness."

Rev.22.12 - "See, I am coming soon, and my reward is with me, to repay all according to their deeds.

May Jesus give us all light
1. My one and only Teacher is God Himself- Jeremiah 31 vs 34 - and He alone can truly teach us His Truth- John 6 vs 43-45. So, no, I do not subscribe to the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and Mogs. undecided

2. Who told you Judas was not saved? According to Jesus Christ, in John 3 vs 16, all those who believe in Him are saved from the condemnation or punishment for sin(Death), and gifted with Eternal life... that is Salvation. So what makes you think that Judas did not believe in Jesus Christ- he. Judas, lived and walked with Jesus Christ for 3 years. He was one of those sent out with authority over all sicknesses, demons and even Death, by Jesus Christ, was he not? Judas had to have believed in Jesus Christ at some point in that journey. undecided

3. Who told you Demas was not saved? Again, recall that according to Jesus Christ, in order to be saved, one simply has to believe Jesus Christ is who He says He is and that is obedience right there that grants one Salvation from Death.

In 2 Timothy 4 vs 10, all you are told, and this by Paul, is that Demas forsook Paul- not God or Jesus Christ. And even then, let's not now conclude from that that Demas was not saved .i.e. did not already have the irrevocable gift of Eternal life. undecided

4. Jesus Christ's message to go and sin no more, is for good reason. To the sinners of the Old Covenant, for instance the woman caught in the act of adultery, the worst thing is Death - God's curse from the time of Adam. While for those who believe in Jesus Christ- those who have been saved from Death - the worst thing is indeed eternity in Hell - Matthew 25 vs 41 - 46. Yes, for those who are saved from Death .I.e. have Salvation, the punishment for sin is Hell for the duration of eternity undecided

Oh, I believe God's Word, Jesus Christ, the Truth of God we are called on to put our Trust in and obey, and what I have stated is what He taught to us over 2000 years ago.. undecided
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by davidinchrist(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. My one and only Teacher is God Himself- Jeremiah 31 vs 34 - and He alone can truly teach us His Truth- John 6 vs 43-45. So, no, I do not subscribe to the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and Mogs. undecided

2. Who told you Judas was not saved? According to Jesus Christ, in John 3 vs 16, all those who believe in Him are saved from the condemnation or punishment for sin(Death), and gifted with Eternal life... that is Salvation. So what makes you think that Judas did not believe in Jesus Christ- he. Judas, lived and walked with Jesus Christ for 3 years. He was one of those sent out with authority over all sicknesses, demons and even Death, by Jesus Christ, was he not? Judas had to have believed in Jesus Christ at some point in that journey. undecided

3. Who told you Demas was not saved? Again, recall that according to Jesus Christ, in order to be saved, one simply has to believe Jesus Christ is who He says He is and that is obedience right there that grants one Salvation from Death.

In 2 Timothy 4 vs 10, all you are told, and this by Paul, is that Demas forsook Paul- not God or Jesus Christ. And even then, let's not now conclude from that that Demas was not saved .i.e. did not already have the irrevocable gift of Eternal life. undecided

4. Jesus Christ's message to go and sin no more, is for good reason. To the sinners of the Old Covenant, for instance the woman caught in the act of adultery, the worst thing is Death - God's curse from the time of Adam. While for those who believe in Jesus Christ- those who have been saved from Death - the worst thing is indeed eternity in Hell - Matthew 25 vs 41 - 46. Yes, for those who are saved from Death .I.e. have Salvation, the punishment for sin is Hell for the duration of eternity undecided

Oh, I believe God's Word, Jesus Christ, the Truth of God we are called on to put our Trust in and obey, and what I have stated is what He taught to us over 2000 years ago.. undecided

All right brother...

But as for me and maybe few others who are like minded would rather like to focus more on this word of Jesus:

Matt.24.13 - But he that shall ENDURE unto the END, the same shall BE SAVED.

Goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
davidinchrist:

All right brother...
But as for me and maybe few others who are like minded would rather like to focus more on this word of Jesus:
Matt.24.13 - But he that shall ENDURE unto the END, the same shall BE SAVED.
Goodbye.
whose Word did I focus on right there in my responses? undecided

Notice, again, that my comments were heavy focused on the context of Salvation as provided us in Jesus Christ's conversation with Nicodemus, as is documented in John 3 vs 1 - 21 by the author of the Gospel according to John. undecided

Now to your reference of the word "saved" as is used in the context of Matthew 24 vs 1 - 35, it is clear that what Jesus Christ speaks of in verse 13, is not Salvation - verse 12 speaks of the love of believers (they already have Salvation) - but instead a saving or even a deliverance from something. And in verse 12, that something , we are told is the evil in the world, and nowhere in the context are we told that evil is or implies Death. undecided

Words have different meanings to them and it is by paying careful attention to context that you are able to determine the appropriate meaning to apply even J this case. undecided
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
God knows those that are his
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
God knows those that are his
Jesus Christ also said you can know who are His from those who are not, if you are willing to trust and obey Him. You are called to walk blind even in this. undecided
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by davidinchrist(m): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2021
Heb.10.38 - And a righteous person will live by faith. But I will have NO pleasure in anyone WHO TURNS AWAY."

Heb.10.39 - But we are not like those who turn their backs on God and seal their fate. We have faith that assures our salvation.
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by davidinchrist(m): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
Heb.10.38 - Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man DRAW BACK, my soul shall have "no pleasure" in him.

Heb.10.39 - But we are not of them who draw back unto PERDITION; but of them that believe to the SAVING of the soul.

1 Like

Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
davidinchrist:
Heb.10.38 - And a righteous person will live by faith. But I will have NO pleasure in anyone WHO TURNS AWAY."

Heb.10.39 - But we are not like those who turn their backs on God and seal their fate. We have faith that assures our salvation.
Earlier on, you said you would like to focus on the Word of Jesus Christ, and I took that to mean the Gospel according to Jesus Christ, the very TRUTH of God(including every Word recorded as being out of the very mouth of God Himself) . undecided

Jesus Christ is God's very own Law and rather than attempt to obtain meaning from the opinions stated by men, even the author of the book of the letter to the Hebrews, why not learn straight from the Word of God Himself and the process the meaning stored in the accounts of men afterwards? undecided
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by davidinchrist(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Earlier on, you said you would like to focus on the Word of Jesus Christ, and I took that to mean the Gospel according to Jesus Christ, the very TRUTH of God(including every Word recorded as being out of the very mouth of God Himself) . undecided

Jesus Christ is God's very own Law and rather than attempt to obtain meaning from the opinions stated by men, even the author of the book of the letter to the Hebrews, why not learn straight from the Word of God Himself and the process the meaning stored in the accounts of men afterwards? undecided

Hello brother, you need not quote me anymore. I was already done with you; was why I said "goodbye" and I didn't quote you too.

Anyway, thanks for talking to me.

One more time, goodbye...

1 Like

Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
davidinchrist:

Hello brother, you need not quote me anymore. I was already done with you; was why I said "goodbye" and I didn't quote you too.

Anyway, thanks for talking to me.
One more time, goodbye...
If you say so! undecided
Re: Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion by davidinchrist(m): 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
1John.2.3 - And how can we be sure that we belong to him? By obeying his commandments.

1John.2.4 - If someone says, "I belong to God," but doesn't obey God's commandments, that person is a liar and does not live in the truth.

1John.2.5 - But those who obey God's word really do love him. That is the way to know whether or not we live in him.

1John.2.6 - Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Christ did.

(1) (Reply)

His Word Is Everything - Exhortation / Deborah Samuel - Died For The Name Of Jesus! / Why Do Preachers Always Want To Draw You To Their Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.