Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Happy Father's Day To My MUM - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Father's Day To My MUM (1062 Views)

Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / Happy Father's Day To All Men / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2021
Yxwqq:
Some of the comments above are senseless and it's one of the reasons this site sucks. Why don't y'all let her celebrate her mom?

What is unethical and unbalanced about it? People will be using words they don't even understand.

Give me a philosophical argument on what makes her celebrating her mom on Father's Day unethical and unbalanced? You're talking to a Philosophy guru, so wassup?

And all days, it's the father's day. I mean there's like 4 times a year to do that for a mum, and father's day is the perfect day. The op to me is silly. Really silly.
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
@ Kimberlywest some men are so inconsiderate an plain wicked why will u bring a child to the world an decide to abandon such an innocent child
An when others are celebrating Their Amazing DAD an I choose to do so to one that represents that very role
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

But they can never be our father. There's this void they can't fill. As much as I wish my mum could, but she can't because, she's a woman and a mother.

She fills that void an represents the role
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by mariahAngel(f): 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

OK. How do you feel if I should celebrate my dad on mother's day? Seems you are the one who needs studying on the word 'unethical' and 'unbalanced'.

You are you, the poster is the poster.
Do you and let others do them. It's not that hard.
What seems silly to you might not be to others because you don't know where they're coming from.

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

That their father didn't shoulder nothing and left everything for their mum does not mean every father in the world is same.

If they celebrate their mum on fathers day, should they celebrate her on mother's day?
yes
She's representing Fatherhood an Motherhood
So we celebrate that role independently
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

OK. How do you feel if I should celebrate my dad on mother's day? [s]Seems you are the one who needs studying on the word 'unethical' and 'unbalanced'. [/s]
You've failed to answer my question. Laughable.

If you celebrate your Dad on mother's day, I would have no negative thoughts about it. I would be empathetic enough to allow you to celebrate him, because I know that for every effect there is a definite cause. Secondly, it wouldn't be my place to tell you not to, as I've not walked in your shoes [hypothetically]; the same way none of y'all have walked in OP's shoes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2021
Yxwqq:

You've failed to answer my question. Laughable.

If you celebrate your Dad on mother's day, I wouldn't feel any way about it. I would be empathetic enough to allow you to celebrate him, because I know that for every effect there is a definite cause. Secondly, it wouldn't be my place to tell you not to, as I've not walked in your shoes [hypothetically]; the same way none of y'all have walked in OP's shoes.

I was raised by my mother single handedly. So I know what the op is going through. I am in her shoes, literally.

4 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juicypamela:
yes
She's representing Fatherhood an Motherhood
So we celebrate that role independently

She's representing motherhood. If yours is representing both, then she's not good enough to be a woman.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
mariahAngel:

You are you, the poster is the poster.
Do you and let others do them. It's not that hard.
What seems silly to you might not be to others because you don't know where they're coming from.

I know where the op is coming from, in fact I'm on that lane too.
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juicypamela:

She fills that void an represents the role

She doesn't. If she does, then she'd be better off being a man.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

She doesn't. If she does, then she'd be better off being a man.

It's not all about gender
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juicypamela:

It's not all about gender

It never was.
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

It never was.
Is who plays the role better an fills that void that a child lacks
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by mariahAngel(f): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

I know where the op is coming from, in fact I'm on that lane too.

Well, I don't think it is wrong if the poster choose to celebrate her mum on fathers' day, neither do I think it's wrong if you choose to celebrate your father on mothers' day too.

What I think would be wrong is if the poster's mum celebrates herself on fathers' day, or your dad celebrates himself on mothers' day.
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

I was raised by my mother single handedly. So I know what the op is going through. I am in her shoes, literally.
Which is why you should've been sensible enough to not condemn her thread. If I, who has been raised by both parents can be empathetic, you [who now claims to have been raised by a single parent /mother], should've had more empathy.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
Yxwqq:
Which is why you should've been sensible enough to not condemn her thread. If I, who has been raised by both parents can be empathetic, you [who now claims to have been raised by a single parent /mother], should've had more empathy.

If she celebrated her mother on mother's day I would be more empathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by begoniaa: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
Juicypamela:
Hi everyone I just want to wish my mum a happy Father's day for taking the bravest responsibility of taking care of us single handedly an enforcing the dual parenting in us
I Love you Mum
Happy Father's day to you an to all Amazing DAD(mum)

My Mum fills a void an represents everything Fatherhood
It's not all about Gender but playing the role well

Kikikiki. I hope you posted this wearing your armor and amulets, though.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by begoniaa: 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2021

Man, these women can really be annoying. They have like what, 364 days to whinge about how men are not the angelic, flawless beings they are supposed to be, but they always opt to do that on just the one day set aside to celebrate men. Stinking the whole place with their moaning.
Fuckknng annoying..

Cry cry baby. He wants to see his mommy. Shameeeeeeeee. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by krownie: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ritzybeauty:
Unfortunately I see what some father do for their children and I can't help but wish I had one in my life, he is still alive but doesn't act as a father to me,my mom has always been the one there right from day one.. God would continue to bless her for me.
Cheers to all the mums in the world

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
begoniaa:

Kikikiki. I hope you posted this wearing your armor and amulets, though.
why?
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
krownie:

Cheers to all the mums in the world
yes dear
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
Regex:

If she celebrated her mother on mother's day I would be more empathetic.
Love don't transcend gender
You need more love in your life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Your Wife Manage Your Home If You Cease To Exist? / A Snow White Was Born 12 Years Ago To A Nigerian Family, See The Girl Now / Family Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.