Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them (58966 Views)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' / Dear Employers This Is What Motivates Us, So Stop Asking - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
Luceee204:

No matter what field you are in, having certain career skills can increase your likelihood of success.
Here are the skills Employers are looking out for in recent times.

1. Sales and marketing
2. Healthcare and nursing
3. Data skills
4. Creativity
5. Artificial Intelligence
6. Blockchain
7. Communication and Negotiation skills
I'm quite curious about the 7th - communication and negotiating skills. In my opinion, they are for the bosses that are at the top. So, I am just curious how they are for hustlers.
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by chuddyforlife(m): 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ok
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Noftaj(m): 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
madridsta007:

Writing Skills.
You will never, never, go wrong with writing skills that comes with being reliable and meeting set targets.
Content Writing is not doing badly now.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by WinterMinter(m): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
Do you mean you can't learn all this skills outside the 4 walls of the university?
aikyg:
This post is misleading. You need to be extremely good in these fields for employers to run after you. I studied Artificial Intelligence and I can tell you for free, if you are not a Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or Physics major, you'll literally be walking a camel through the eye of a needle to understand the subject. Forget all the flashy adverts and stick to what you know.
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Noftaj(m): 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I'm quite curious about the 7th - communication and negotiating skills. In my opinion, it is for the bosses that are at the top. So, I am just curious how it is for hustlers.
Communication and negotiation skills are part of the soft skills which are in high demand by the employers now. It gives an employee or a candidate an edge above others without such skills. Fortunately, they can now be acquired from the comfort of one's home. I've had two certifications in soft skills all done online.
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
Op u are right but the fact remains that nigeria needs to be restructure
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
Luceee204:

No matter what field you are in, having certain career skills can increase your likelihood of success.

1. Sales and marketing
3. Data skills
4. Creativity
6. Blockchain
I have creativity talent and communication and negotiation skill.
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by kerianeze: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
all these skills are secondary.
how will they know doing an interview?
Rubbish........
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Kingosytex(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Luceee204:

1. Sales and marketing
3. Data skills
4. Creativity
6. Blockchain

Why be an employee when you can actually employ yourself?
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Suspect33(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
flywheelz:
Please I have UI/UX and Graphics skill Buh still looking for placement, I have applied to virtually all the product design jobs on indeed nothing yet anyone who can help with a job or internship would probably save a soul funny how u take time to learn this skills and still struggle to get jobs. Link below is my portfolio link thanks.
https://www.behance.net/olagokecaptain
which software did you use for you graphic designing?
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by aikyg(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2021
Did you read my comment?
WinterMinter:
Do you mean you can't learn all this skills outside the 4 walls of the university?
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2021
I have 3 skills out of the 7 mentioned.

1 Like

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Skillsnigeria: 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
Visit my signature/profile to learn better skills and handwork
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Johnne32(m): 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2021
Luceee204:

1. Sales and marketing
3. Data skills
4. Creativity
6. Blockchain

I guess the data skills includes data science, analytics (power BI, Tableau) and machine learning. Those skills are hot.

I did a data science internship last year so I know how important the skill is. However sad due to Nigeria situation, I had to drop coding for freelance writing....i.e writing on ML and AI and so far it's been going well!

1 Like

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Niorte: 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2021
You can't go broke if you learn how to sell online.

It is called affiliate marketing. Since I learnt the skill of selling online, I have been raking average of 50k per week.

Covid is a blessing in disguise.

If you are interested in digital marketing, click below to watch this free video tutorial of how I did it
Click Here
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Johnne32(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
flywheelz:
Please I have UI/UX and Graphics skill Buh still looking for placement, I have applied to virtually all the product design jobs on indeed nothing yet anyone who can help with a job or internship would probably save a soul funny how u take time to learn this skills and still struggle to get jobs. Link below is my portfolio link thanks.
https://www.behance.net/olagokecaptain

I went through your site and I can only say it's amazzziiing. Rather than doing nothing applying for jobs on Indeed, you can start freelancing on Upwork. Who knows? You may get a full remote role there.

Besides, have you tried out LinkedIn. There are opportunities there too. Cold emailing dey there too....find a badly designed site, send an email to the founder telling them how you can help and he/she will likely hire you if they find you good. Just don't focus only on Indeed....there are opportunities out there bro.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Lumidee007(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
Luceee204:

1. Sales and marketing
3. Data skills
4. Creativity
6. Blockchain

Currently enjoying the bolded
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Bluezy13(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
madridsta007:

Writing Skills.
You will never, never, go wrong with writing skills that comes with being reliable and meeting set targets.

Please how do I go about learning it
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by ijames: 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
Can you explain data skills more. Please

Luceee204:

1. Sales and marketing
3. Data skills
4. Creativity
6. Blockchain
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by kokoboy4life(m): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
aikyg:
This post is misleading. You need to be extremely good in these fields for employers to run after you. I studied Artificial Intelligence and I can tell you for free, if you are not a Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or Physics major, you'll literally be walking a camel through the eye of a needle to understand the subject. Forget all the flashy adverts and stick to what you know.

I agreed with you, I have tried to learn several IT skills but don’t know the issues I don’t always get to be good in them, though I have a poor IT background the last one I tried was UI/UX design but as usual I couldn’t continue when it gets to tough stage.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by GoldHorse(m): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
Karleb:
True. But people are skeptical of hiring those without experience, so breaking into such fields might not be easy.
Then go and get experience!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by kokoboy4life(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
Noftaj:

Communication and negotiation skills are part of the soft skills which are in high demand by the employers now. It gives an employee or a candidate an edge above others without such skills. Fortunately, they can now be acquired from the comfort of one's home. I've had two certifications in soft skills all done online.
Hello how are you, how can I learn more about this skill, I mean communication and negotiation skill program
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by jimmynauty: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
Luceee204:
Check for institutions that offer that skill
I have a friend who works in an EdTech
Will ask

Abeg mention me when you get result
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by GoldHorse(m): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
aikyg:
This post is misleading. You need to be extremely good in these fields for employers to run after you. I studied Artificial Intelligence and I can tell you for free, if you are not a Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or Physics major you'll literally be walking a camel through the eye of a needle to understand the subject. Forget all the flashy adverts and stick to what you know.

The post is not misleading. It is your comment that is misleading ESPECIALLY THE BOLDED

1 Like

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by beyondPen(m): 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
Those skills you put up there are ace.

They aint easily to learn. Takes time, patience & Perseverance.
Employers will really beg you for those skills even hear in Nigeria (Yes, they certainly will).

Me currently, am trying to learn how to develop a blockchain website.
Noticed people loose money while investing in bitcoin.
So, been a blockchain developer might help ease things.

Nice short write up!
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by aikyg(m): 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
I'll advice you to stick to selling land. If you try studying artificial intelligence, you'll end up wasting money and time.
GoldHorse:

The post is not misleading. It is your comment that is misleading ESPECIALLY THE BOLDED

1 Like

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by iamclime(m): 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
madridsta007:

Writing Skills.
Word!

1 Like

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by donrolex(m): 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
Divers, those guys are hot cake
Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by GoldHorse(m): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
aikyg:
I'll advice you to stick to selling land. If you try studying artificial intelligence, you'll end up wasting money and time.

Some of you guys are simply "amazing" so because I advertised a land for sale now means I do not have another job?!
....and simply because you want to comment you TOOK TIME to search my previous comments?!!! grin grin grin grin Omo!!! Na wa! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pls keep your advice! I don't give fake or untested advice. You need to search my comments further so you will know what I am talking about.

1 Like

Re: If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them by Oyinlomobambam(m): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
Abba114:
dm for detailed lectures (videos and pdf) about graphic design web design and blockchain technology. learn from the comfort of your home. for a fee

Please drop your contact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Edo State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment (37 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.