Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

APC Inaugurates First Youth And Student Wing In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Inaugurates First Youth And Student Wing In Anambra (288 Views)

APC inaugurates state chairmen in Abuja (Kano & Sokoto States exempted) / 2019 Election: Lai Mohammed Boasts As APC Inaugurates ‘victory Army’ To Sack PDP / Student Wing Of ANN Endorses Fela Durotoye As Presidential Candidate For ANN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Inaugurates First Youth And Student Wing In Anambra by Spiritscience(m): 8:34am On Jun 21, 2021
APC inaugurates first Youth and Student Wing in Anambra

By O'star Eze

All Progressives Congress, APC, Saturday, June 19, inaugurated the first Southeast Youth and Student Wing in Anambra State. Speaking during the event held at Nteje, Oyi Local Government Area, the Director General, APC Youth and Student Wing, Mazi Ezenwa A. A. Onyirimba, explained that Anambra State earned the flagship state in the light of the party's preparedness to 'take over power from All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA in the forthcoming guber elections.'

In his words, "APC Southeast Youth and Student Wing was set up by the APC national body to ensure that the youths are carried along by the party, not just during electioneering process but also afterwards in form of empowerment, job opportunities, appointments.

"This youth and student Wing is meant to be the platform where active progressive youths are identified and direct impact is made in their lives.

"Anambra State is the first state we are inaugurating because of the forthcoming gubernatorial election in the state and as we all know, it is time for APGA to go and for APC to take over the seat of power."

Amongst the dignitaries in attendance was one of All Progressive Congress's Governorship aspirants, High Chief Dr Amobi Nwokafor. Addressing the over 1000 young men and women who make up the state and local government executives of the group in attendance, Dr Nwokafor solicited for the support of the platform. He maintained that he was the most qualified, most credible candidate APC had in the present and craved for the support of the group in clenching him the guber ticket and ultimately the seat.

He said, "It would be an irony of circumstance and tragedy of great dimension if I am not given the ticket.

"I am the most qualified, most credible and very clean. I ask for your support. Amongst all the aspirants you invited, I came in person because I value you the youths in the party structure. I have everything needed to win the election. Don't miss this opportunity."

Another Frontline APC aspirant, Chief John Bosco Onunkwo, on his part, reminded the youths that he was the true definition of a true party man and the one who had continued to reach out to them way before the elections.

Speaking through his campaign DG, Honourable Chinemerem Oguegbe, Onunkwo recalled the previous guber election in the state where he lost the primaries to Tony Nwoye and was the only aspirant that quickly threw in his full support behind Tony Nwoye.

"Winning election in Anambra State with the APC platform is not easy, and we need a political heavyweight like John Bosco Onunkwo, Grand commander of Ohaneze Youth Worldwide who has in a pronounced way touched the lives of Anambra people across all parties and can get the sentiment and vote of people of other parties," Chinemerem stated.

In his welcome address earlier, the chief host of the event, Anambra State Coordinator of the group, Honourable Okechukwu Chukwura highlighted that the group would need a bus and an office to operate optimally in Anambra State given the need to change the narrative of the party in the state.

Others present were the APC Anambra State Youth Leader, Chief Augustine Nmuomaife (Uduakommiri), National Woman Leader, APC Southeast Youths and Student Wing, Hon. Lady Onyinye Onunkwo who officiated over the inauguration ceremony; National Secretary, Hon. Comrade Unegbu Victor-Wallace; National Director of Students, Honourable Curtis Okeke; the National Director of Finance, Chief Mrs Obiamaka Oriona; National Organizing Secretary, Barrister Michael Emejulu who gave the executives inaugurated their oaths.

Re: APC Inaugurates First Youth And Student Wing In Anambra by colorsofrainbow: 8:43am On Jun 21, 2021
My kinsmen village meeting get better arrangement pass this comedy session.A whole "national party" grin grin

APC na better comedy for Biafraland

Re: APC Inaugurates First Youth And Student Wing In Anambra by Mynd44: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2021
Soon they wil contest SUG elections
Re: APC Inaugurates First Youth And Student Wing In Anambra by Juliusmomoh: 11:09am On Jun 21, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Ours Shall Be An Agro-based Economy- Hon Azuka Okwuosa. / Sunday Igboho Is An Illiterate....buhari Is What? / Igbo People Anambra Election Is Here Again But Still The Same Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.