Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

The Premeditated Killings In Alaigbo Must Stop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Premeditated Killings In Alaigbo Must Stop (297 Views)

The Growing Wickedness In Alaigbo During The Festive Season / Just In: IPOB Write Open Letter To Political Class In Alaigbo. / Judgment Is Unconstitutional, Premeditated, Says Onnoghen’s Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Premeditated Killings In Alaigbo Must Stop by Shehuyinka: 9:47am On Jun 21, 2021
By Ikechukwu AMAECHI

I have received a lot of response to my article titled “Is another war for ‘Biafra’ inevitable?” where I argued that President Muhammadu Buhari is baiting Ndigbo for war and that it is unwise to give him a reason for another genocide.

Igbos are genuinely aggrieved but they unanimously reject war. They also unequivocally condemn the senseless violence and avoidable loss of lives in the South-East.

One response stood out in its toxicity. A Yoruba friend, who is also a professional colleague and a fervent supporter of Buhari, fired off almost immediately.

He wrote: “Ikechukwu Amaechi! Your conclusions are great but based on a faulty premise. Buhari is not Igbo problem. The Igbo that radiate uncritical hate, but insist being repaid by love, are the delusional one.

“I would have thought that a people who had gone through avoidable catastrophe in the past would be doubly wary. But everyone played the ostrich until that lunatic Nnamdi Kanu is again pushing them to the brink – a hardworking people that have assets, baiting war!

READ ALSO:

Buhari reads riot act to Biafran agitators

Fact Check: Did Late COAS say over his dead body would there be Biafran and Oduduwa nations?

We will organise police, military to pursue IPOB – Buhari

“But my pitch is not really for the Igbo. It’s for my peacocky Yoruba folks tolerating another IPOB Yoruba variant, Sunday Igboho, an idiot who doesn’t even know what the problem is and is insistent on solving it!

“PMB is not the Igbo problem. The Igbo penchant to play the ostrich, when they should promptly act, is it. But I hope good sense would prevail.”

I knew where he was coming from. I had tolerated his incendiary comments against Ndigbo for too long. This time, I decided not to suffer fools gladly.

“Kunle, ordinarily, I don’t respond to comments such as yours. I don’t know what issues you have with Ndigbo. I know that left for you, you would wish all of them be killed for whatever reason. You wouldn’t mind another holocaust,” I riposted.

“My friend, the joke is on you and your unreasonable type who see Ndigbo as Nigeria’s problem and want them exterminated.

“But have you asked yourself why Benue, Plateau, Southern Kaduna people are all crying? They also hate Buhari? Soyinka hates Buhari? Ayo Adebanjo hates Buhari? Even the Northern governors that are now crying over banditry hate Buhari? The reasonable Yoruba clamouring for change hate Buhari?

“Ndigbo radiate uncritical hate, insist being repaid with love and they are delusional. Really? I wish you luck. What goes around comes around. Those who helped to massacre Ndigbo in the past are today being massacred. It is called karma. It never fails. When you support evil, you reap bountifully from it.

“But let me tell you something. Ndigbo don’t reckon with your like. Like them, hate them, they are here to stay. You can stew in your animosity for all they care. Your insult is inconsequential.

“You can join hands with the likes of your soul mate, Adeyinka Grandson, to masturbate in your evil fantasy, but you are the one hurting, not Ndigbo. So, find a way of dealing with your hate before it consumes you.”

He scurried away!

It is surprising that anyone can accuse the Igbo of uncritical hatred against other Nigerians, when in fact they are the cord that binds the disparate tendencies in the country together.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/the-premeditated-killings-in-alaigbo-must-stop/

(1) (Reply)

ECOWAS Court Stops FG From Prosecuting Nigerians For Using Twitter / Surulere: The City Of Sports / Akanda Oro Awikonko Blasts Buhari & Tinubu Over Sunday Igboho House Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.