Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,824 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:22 AM

Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice (27077 Views)

FG Makes U-Turn, Says No Timeframe On Resumption Of Emirate Flights / Anambra Int'l Airport: FG Makes U-Turn On The Planned Commissioning / US Embassy Blocks Visa Interview Dates In Nigeria Until Further Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by PetroDolla2020: 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ghana be your brother? When? How? What?

stunnert:
But Ghana na our brother na, they suppose pity us small oo

1 Like

Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Geenosko: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
Their loss.
Shebi they just reported billion dollar losses
They should continue.
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by motayoayinde: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
WAS SHOCKED THEY LIFTED THE BAN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

WHAT SANE COUNTRY WILL HARBOUR AND WELCOME MORE OF A PEOPLE WHO BUTCHERED THEMSELVES IN THE WAY WE SAW IN THAT VERY TERRIBLE VIDEO.

I'M SURE CATTLES ARE BETTER SLAUGHTERED IN THE UAE.

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
ThierryJay:
Cant believe all the above comments I'm seeing. It's obvious not a single person here understands the reason for the suspension by Emirates. Which cultist issue? If it was the cultism matter, is it Emirates that will now take on the obligation of punitive measures or shouldn't it be the UAE Government itself?

FYI, the suspension was because of Covid-19 protocols in Nigeria. Emirates said passengers must undergo on-the-spot Covid tests while our FG said Nigeria doesn't have the facilities for such. Our Government then told them they can go to hell if they cant work with what's available. That is why the airline stated that they'll resume flights to Nigeria "when conditions allow".

This thread is an example of follow the majority and be misled!

Thank you my brother. The ignorance exhibited by people concerning this issue is baffling walahi

1 Like

Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by harjay1986: 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
funshint:
When you go to a sane country and start to butcher yourselves like animals, this is what you get. I knew this was going to happen after that gory video. Please deport anybody not there on official duty or limited holiday. Nigerians are their greatest enemy...we go get sense laslas.

make dem kuku deport everyone so that we can all dey here because i can reason am say some people have the chance to leave this country and the only thing on their mind naa to continue their fraternity lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by seyz91(m): 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
cheesy
Folabifreeman:
Dubai Hustlers won't like this grin grin
Hustlers be stranded at the Airport like grin angry

1 Like

Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by hansomb: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
Even terrorist have no place there but against all odds cultism has found its way there, expect lots of deportee as long as you not there on bussiness or genuine holiday.
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by mamawa123: 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2021
ChilamNk:
Really

Yes really. These people are tired of our madness. Nigerian celebrities, politicians and the rich folks can’t do birthday and wedding ceremonies here in Nigeria anymore. Everything is Dubai this Dubai that.

They are tired of Nigerians madness.

Awon ole (thieves)
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by doggedfighter(f): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2021
stunnert:
But Ghana na our brother na, they suppose pity us small oo

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Not9ce(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
Did you read the content at all, this is Emirate airline you need to read it well and check the reason
funshint:
When you go to a sane country and start to butcher yourselves like animals, this is what you get. I knew this was going to happen after that gory video. Please deport anybody not there on official duty or limited holiday. Nigerians are their greatest enemy...we go get sense laslas.
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by ibinaboonline: 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
So na only Emirates dey fly Nigeria-UAE-Nigeria?
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by ThierryJay: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
obyrich:
I thought as much. The video is too gory not to elicit state sanctions.

Since when did Emirates airline become the State? Is it a pure business concern like Emirate that will now be imposing sanctions? Isnt that supposed to be function of the UAE government.

That should tell you that the cultism sanction narrative is false. Emirates left because Nigerian Government said they cannot do on the spot Covid tests for travellers to determine their immediate status. Emirates was tired of fake 3-days tests results being presented by most passengers. That's the official story.
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by marcus0123: 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
Why the u turn! please God come and help your children
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by obyrich(m): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
ThierryJay:

Since when did Emirates airline become the State? Is it a pure business concern like Emirate that will now be imposing sanctions? Isnt that supposed to be function of the UAE government.

That should tell you that the cultism sanction narrative is false. Emirates left because Nigerian Government said they cannot do on the spot Covid tests for travellers to determine their immediate status. Emirates was tired of fake 3-days tests results being presented by most passengers. That's the official story.
okay
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Funkybabee(f): 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ehyah!!

They don't understand their own problem
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by francotunsco: 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2021
We no go gree ooo, we no go gree...
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by akilo1: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
When you have incompetent leaders this is the result

No foreign country trusts your stats or measures to safe guard disease spread
na leader go butcher themselves in dubai?
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by cucumbar: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
ThierryJay:

abeg, if emirate is not the government, how come other airlines are not flying Nigeria-Dubai?
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by tonididdy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
This is temporary.
I'm certain they wanted to round up those MFs that went on a butchering spree...

... Ad the trap goes, unlift flight ban and lots of the butcher's will be booking available tickets to japa, ... Next block flights again and you will have up to 50% of intended japaras on your wanted list.

It's simple policing. . . But naija nor get sense.
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Mutigadara1: 6:57am On Jun 23, 2021
When our youths are fighting themselves with machete, was Buhari there? Anything bad about Nigeria you go just shout Buhari, whilst na us Wey dey do bad ourselves. Nothing Buhari fit do for this matter Dubai no be Benue.
Akwamkpuruamu:
When you have sold yourself as a people with lazy youths, corrupt and thieves, which country will respect you?

Buhari is useless
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Chinatown1759: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2021
porthouse7:
when I just arrange visa for 2 clients, no shaking guys my Benin republic route is still functioning

I no understand the ban well o. Does it mean a Nigerian that wants to travel to UAE from any other African countries will be sent back or only those flying from Nigeria
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Chinatown1759: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2021
ThierryJay:
Cant believe all the above comments I'm seeing. It's obvious not a single person here understands the reason for the suspension by Emirates. Which cultist issue? If it was the cultism matter, is it Emirates that will now take on the obligation of punitive measures or shouldn't it be the UAE Government itself?

FYI, the suspension was because of Covid-19 protocols in Nigeria. Emirates said passengers must undergo on-the-spot Covid tests while our FG said Nigeria doesn't have the facilities for such. Our Government then told them they can go to hell if they cant work with what's available. That is why the airline stated that they'll resume flights to Nigeria "when conditions allow".

Thank you for making this easier. I was thinking otherwise.

However a Nigerian can still travel to UAE from any other African countries abi?

Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Chinatown1759: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2021
ThierryJay:

However a Nigerian can still travel to UAE from any other African countries abi?
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by ThierryJay: 9:55am On Jun 23, 2021
Chinatown1759:

Yes that's correct. One can go to Ghana to get a flight to Dubai.

I'm not sure whether Ethiopian airlines have resumed flights from Nigeria to Dubai.
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by porthouse7(f): 9:57am On Jun 23, 2021
Chinatown1759:

I no understand the ban well o. Does it mean a Nigerian that wants to travel to UAE from any other African countries will be sent back or only those flying from Nigeria
u can travel outside Nigeria only dat u will be in dat country for 14day and beyond
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Joetttimua1811(m): 11:43am On Jun 23, 2021
shocked shocked
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by Chinatown1759: 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
porthouse7:
u can travel outside Nigeria only dat u will be in dat country for 14day and beyond

Ok bro. Thanks for this clarification
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by joungblood(m): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
porthouse7:
when I just arrange visa for 2 clients, no shaking guys my Benin republic route is still functioning

Bro please this cotonou journey how u take do am... You get transportation way fit carry me from sango ota to cotonou? Please if anyone dey should Holla
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by porthouse7(f): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
joungblood:

Bro please this cotonou journey how u take do am... You get transportation way fit carry me from sango ota to cotonou? Please if anyone dey should Holla
find ur way to badagry from iyana iba, board seme.... I can pick u from d border
Re: Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice by joungblood(m): 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
porthouse7:
find ur way to badagry from iyana iba, board seme.... I can pick u from d border

Omo I don dey cotonou already sef
. Bro my question is when I won travel tru the airport to dubai, will the immigration not give me problem because there's no stamp on my passport way I take enter cotonou? Or what do you think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses / Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) / Nothing Has Changed In Ibadan (pictures Of Ibadan In 1964 And Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.