Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage (14040 Views)

Oil Spillage In Eleme/Ogu, Rivers State (Pictures) / Sunday Dare: We Need N81 Million To Cut Abuja Stadium Grass / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
Mtmike:
Let the community fight begin
We are not blind like you people.. Ibeno & Akwa Ibom people are very civilize ok
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2021
frog12:
which one be Village counsel or elder ?

ok. the villages used the services of a solicitor - so the LGA is out of the equation. no money for them, then. this was the mistake Ken saro wiwa and co. made.
instead of going to court, they were protesting.

may his soul rests in peace.

Ibeno has the most powerful traditional counsel just like bonny island ok.
The will shit off LGA

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by SecretReporter(f): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2021
michlins:
I see more oil companies exiting Nigeria. Granted they caused economic and environmental damages to the community but there's no way they will pay this amount and still be in business especially with the way the world is moving forward to green energy.

Another thing is that this will encourage other communities to jump into the wagon and many lawyers will take up such cases without asking for a dime from the communities until judgement awards billions and they take percentage.

This "awa oyel" we will eventually drink it grin grin grin
it's will affect your biz also
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by drealcivilceno(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

They're not like you people

Do not underestimate the power of Old people. That money was to go to the local government and their accountable authority which your Constitution does not have space for.

Many Monarchs are not better than those in the centralized government(old people). They think alike.
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by ThothHermes: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
ODJ124:
More money that will be shared by elite ..

Thread seen..
If you know you know.
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by seyz91(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
Firstly they will never pay all that huge amount at the current state of naija economy

Secondly if they eventually paid some amount common citizen of that community will never benefit from it as it will be relooted by their old fools leaders in charge of receiving payment

Nothing works in nigeria and no follow up or whatsoever after disbursment of any fund reason looters get away with their loots
NkanAkpanika:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/21/court-orders-mobil-nnpc-to-pay-n81-9-billion-to-communities-over-oil-spillage/
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by KingOKON: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/21/court-orders-mobil-nnpc-to-pay-n81-9-billion-to-communities-over-oil-spillage/

Aside Obong Victor Attah that truly champion the fight against FG and IOCs no other Governor has help the case of oil communities in the state
I salute the Obong of Ibeno for this great feat and I hope every human right organisation, lawyers in the state will come and make sure every kobo is paid to the people of Ibeno

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by bizhop01: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hot pepper soup is ready for state government grin
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by KingOKON: 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
michlins:
I see more oil companies exiting Nigeria. Granted they caused economic and environmental damages to the community but there's no way they will pay this amount and still be in business especially with the way the world is moving forward to green energy.

Another thing is that this will encourage other communities to jump into the wagon and many lawyers will take up such cases without asking for a dime from the communities until judgement awards billions and they take percentage.

They must pay, if every oil communities demand for their environmental degradation by IOCs what is wrong with that?
If you want to remain in chains and subjection others don't and they know their God given rights
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
KingOKON:

They must pay, if every oil communities demand for their environmental degradation by IOCs what is wrong with that?
If you want to remain in chains and subjection others don't and they know their God given rights
You are spot on bro

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
KingOKON:

Aside Obong Victor Attah that truly champion the fight against FG and IOCs no other Governor has help the case of oil communities in the state
I salute the Obong of Ibeno for this great feat and I hope every human right organisation, lawyers in the state will come and make sure every kobo is paid to the people of Ibeno
Exactly
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
seyz91:
Firstly they will never pay all that huge amount at the current state of naija economy

Secondly if they eventually paid some amount common citizen of that community will never benefit from it as it will be relooted by their old fools leaders in charge of receiving payment

Nothing works in nigeria and no follow up or whatsoever after disbursment of any fund reason looters get away with their loots
You guys seems to be talking any how.
Exxon Mobil pays Ibeno community money every month and this money is always shared across all the family in that town ok.
So that not the first time they will be getting money from Mobil

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by seyz91(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2021
Okay
NkanAkpanika:

Exxon Mobil pays Ibeno community money every month and this money is always shared across all the family in that town ok.
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by RMoneyInTheBank: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2021
bcomputer101:
God Don pick this town call
thank God is akwa ibom... If it was bayelsa or delta, a small group of tout will just corner the money...

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
RMoneyInTheBank:
thank God is akwa ibom... If it was bayelsa or delta, a small group of tout will just corner the money...
Exactly
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by LMS1(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Oga I Disagree Here,
Last Time I Was In Ibeno Windows Were Shaking Day And Night Due To Vibrations From Mobile Oil Machineries.
And They Are Not Paying Monthly Either Except On Rare Cases Like This,
Air In Ibeno Is Most Polluted In Nigeria That Everybodys Setellite Dish Are Corroded And Houses Zinc Are All Black Due To Co2 Emitted Day And Night, Rain Waters Has Darker Colour.
To Confirm This Go To Either Mpanak,upenekang,iwouchang,ibaka, Etc. Ibeno Isnt Wat U Think.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by Noshitboi(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
michlins:

You're a pained moda4ka, a tribalist and hater of good things. Good things will always flee from you. The tears and sorrows of the affected who can't farm nor fish in their lands and waters tbat had being polluted for years will haunt and torment you. Ewu!!

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by Gfskw: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
Really
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by Blackdisciple(m): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
Pay them their money joor...

And if they delay the payment , they will pay for lateness of payment hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by Noshitboi(m): 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2021
bouncin04:
I did not read the write up but all I'm certain about is to never put hope on that money, if you are just a lay man from that community , as it will not be realeased to the good of the mere indigenes of Ibeno community , know this and know peace.
Then they should get ready for problems there.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by Mtmike(m): 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2021
Oh finally, there is a civilized community in this shit hole.
NkanAkpanika:

We are not blind like you people.. Ibeno & Akwa Ibom people are very civilize ok
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2021
Blackdisciple:
Pay them their money joor...

And if they delay the payment , they will pay for lateness of payment hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Exactly
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2021
Noshitboi:
You're a pained moda4ka, a tribalist and hater of good things. Good things will always flee from you. The tears and sorrows of the affected who can't farm nor fish in their lands and waters tbat had being polluted for years will haunt and torment you. Ewu!!
grin
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by Codes151(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
michlins:

87b naira is how much in naira? When just one ship is making more than150m dollars a month. Oga

Do you know how many floating and stationary platform we have in nigeria? More that 15. Exit. Lol. You don't know the money that they make everyday
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by Ted07(f): 11:45pm On Jun 22, 2021
Oh my Local Government, my village is the host community. when the money is eventually released, it'll be shared to the different families in all the communities.

I just hope that this time around we would use the money to develop our communities instead of eating away our future as usual. We can't keep waiting for these multinationals, someday they'll leave and we'll be left with a ravaged environment, let's do more this time around.
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by NkanAkpanika: 1:23am On Jun 23, 2021
Ted07:
Oh my Local Government, my village is the host community. when the money is eventually released, it'll be shared to the different families in all the communities.

I just hope that this time around we would use the money to develop our communities instead of eating away our future as usual. We can't keep waiting for these multinationals, someday they'll leave and we'll be left with a ravaged environment, let's do more this time around.
Which part of Ibeno are you from ?
Re: Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage by Hunchogee: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2021
24SEVEN:
Oh Mehn, see Cashout. Ibeno LGA don hammer. Hunchogee no go dey beg politicians again for survival. grin grin

In reality though, it will be easier for two camels to pass through the eye of a needle than for those IOCs to pay that money. undecided

Ask Ogonis. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You no get sense eeh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Supply Products To You Despite N26.7 Billion Debt - NNPC Replies Marketers / Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Scheduled Visit To Taraba, Benue, Others / Ogun APC Primaries: Women Leaders Threaten To Storm Abuja Unclad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.