Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? (14085 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / See The Face On The New N20 Note [photo] / Justification For The N5000 Conditional Cash Transfer Program (CCTP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2012
Why The Choice Of Faces On The N5000 Inflationary Note And Not Ojukwu

I don't support that N5000 note one bit. It's illogical. There was basically no reason for it and it was not done to improve the economy, just for some selfish reasons by mallam. However if the government must have its way, why wasn't ojukwu honored with that. Why would people like Murtala Muhammed and Awolowo have their corny faces on the Naira note and not Ojukwu. Am yet to know the relevance of the women proposed and their popularity in Nigeria. Also, I think the National Assembly should have powers to debate issues like this before it is implemented. CBN is not a private organization. I rest my case

5 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2012
Frankly speaking, N5000 note is not a problem neither is it a solution to naija economic melt down. But what I sincerely disagree with is introduction of N10 and N20 coins. Wahalahi, problem go dey! Because of the coin, the least okada drop will be N50. Sometimes you have N20 into 10 making N200 in your pocket and nobody will know how much you carry. But now with coin, i cant just imagine the wahala wey go gash. May God help us in naija

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Ufeolorun(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2012
Another petty thread,by the way there's one here https://www.nairaland.com/1027995/post-civil-war-indigenization-policy-far-reaching/2 join the victims-convention
Shior
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
Sirniyeh: Frankly speaking, N5000 note is not a problem neither is it a solution to naija economic melt down. But what I sincerely disagree with is introduction of N10 and N20 coins. Wahalahi, problem go dey! Because of the coin, the least okada drop will be N50. Sometimes you have N20 into 10 making N200 in your pocket and nobody will know how much you carry. But now with coin, i cant just imagine the wahala wey go gash. May God help us in naija
its just a harsh policy. Nigerians can't go back to coins. The previous attempt failed woefully so we are just going to see the 20 10 and 5 denominations phased out indirectly . inflation comes in because prices of things will go up and Naira further weakens against the dollar. The whole thing is illogical. There is absolutely no reason for that because it's not gonna improve the economy 1 bit
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ufeolorun: Another petty thread,by the way there's one here https://www.nairaland.com/1027995/post-civil-war-indigenization-policy-far-reaching/2 join the victims-convention
Shior
there is nothing petty in saying the truth.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ayox2003: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:
. Why would people like Murtala Muhammed and Awolowo have their corny faces on the Naira note and not Ojukwu. . I rest my case

Chill now, Nov 5 is around the corner.

Ojukwu would be on ALL Biafran currencies. tongue

SMH.

Frawzey

11 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2012
^
As long as we still stay in this shytehole called Nigeria the right thing must be done.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ayox2003: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
As long as we still stay in this shytehole called Nigeria the right thing must be done.

And as long as you still have that signature of urs, Ojukwu would never be on any currency note in Nigeria.

Frawzey

9 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ojukwu is a Biafran, not a Nigerian.

6 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by belovedaja(m): 12:49am On Aug 26, 2012
Ojukwu is a biafra hero and they know that nigeria will soon cease to exist. It will be meaningless doing that

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by belovedaja(m): 12:51am On Aug 26, 2012
ayox2003:

SMH.

Frawzey
i dey feel you
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by tpia1: 2:06am On Aug 26, 2012
N20 coins?

omg.

that doesnt make any sense at all.

that cant be true.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by LCASHMAN(m): 3:18am On Aug 26, 2012
I REALY THINK 5K NOTE IS A BAD IDEA. WHO D HEL IS IN CHARGE OF CBN?
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 26, 2012
tpia1: N20 coins?

omg.

that doesnt make any sense at all.

that cant be true.
Yeah, its true. According to the CBN governor, Japan's highest denomination is the 10,000 Yen note shocked But they (Japan) have managed to keep inflation at less than 2%. It remains to be seen if this will be the case in Naija from next year.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:35am On Aug 26, 2012
Since when does warlord become relevant to our country?

Very soon you will ask for Tompolo, Asari Dokubo face on our note.

He is a warlord if you differ with my opinion you can tell me what he was to Nigeria?

15 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:52am On Aug 26, 2012
LCASHMAN: I REALY THINK 5K NOTE IS A BAD IDEA. WHO D HEL IS IN CHARGE OF CBN?

Use Google

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by blaqoracle: 4:11am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
you tend to over estimate ojukwu. ojukwu was really lucky to have rebelled in modern time of conventional warfare; if it were to have been in ancient times, it would have been mandated that ojukwu's head be brought and his territory be vanquished, let alone being put on a nigerian naira note- the same institution he raised up arms and army to annihilate. my Friend, war is not a picnic or a fun fair, you either win completely or lose completely.

31 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by mescapee: 4:19am On Aug 26, 2012
To all my homies who will be getting married after the said date, prepare to get 'stoned' by my 20 naira notes sorry coins. grin grin grin

To all 'able bodied' and 'intelligent' senators and house members, happy looting. Remember your poor communities in your kingdom. tongue tongue tongue It is already clear to me that if this issue gets to your table, it will get an express approval. Imagine the stress of carrying 1000 notes being reduced by introducing 5000 notes.

I have combant pants and solid jeans with 8 pockets for sale. The 8 pockets translate to 4mil if you get what I mean. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by BlackPikiN(m): 4:27am On Aug 26, 2012
blaqoracle: you tend to over estimate ojukwu. ojukwu was really lucky to have rebelled in modern time of conventional warfare; if it were to have been in ancient times, it would have been mandated that ojukwu's head be brought and his territory be vanquished, let alone being put on a nigerian naira note- the same institution he raised up arms and army to annihilate. my Friend, war is not a picnic or a fun fair, you either win completely or lose completely.

Ojukwu did not lose any dime in the war but you and the enemies of Ojukwu all lost! Nigeria lost!

Ojukwu was buried with full military honors. so tell me how He lost it.

We are witness to the ever reoccurring shiottt Ojukwu tried to correct decades ago but due to lack of slowness, daftness and backstabbing from you f00ls we are in a dungeon call Nigeria!

Some people go dey slowly die everyday mere looking at him abi dem go reject the money say because of say na Ojukwu face.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Chanchit: 4:29am On Aug 26, 2012
Pls can you give me a single reason, why his face should be on a 10kobo coin...?

I don't think this gov't is capable of handling anything, i won't be suprised if GEJ comes to tomorrow to anounce the privatization of CBN, cos they too much..

That Prince of Kano should be shoot dead, before he starts thinking of introducing 10,000 naira note..
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by shevalync: 4:30am On Aug 26, 2012
;DNo Victor, no Vanquished.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 26, 2012
well since they say he fled biafra dressed as a woman. . . you could always put him replace marget ekpo with ojukwu in drag

8 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Navalsadiq(m): 4:47am On Aug 26, 2012
Ojukwu!his name sounds very repulsive.we can't hav his beutiful face on the naira na because the baba is not a nigerian.if biafra ever comes to past then they can have his face and his entire generation on their socalled and shippish biafran currency.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by seedord247(m): 4:55am On Aug 26, 2012
Is ojukwu a hero and moreover, how will it look if we put carnivorous on a bank note....
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by tpapi: 5:06am On Aug 26, 2012
ayox2003:

SMH.

Frawzey
jtf is anxiously waitin 2 treat som pple fk up
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by tpapi: 5:13am On Aug 26, 2012
Instead of ojukwu's face,i think i wud prefer farouk's face 2 b on d new 5k note

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by BinghiNya(m): 5:15am On Aug 26, 2012
i rather kanu nwankwo on any denomination than a coward called ojukwu

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by yyb14: 5:23am On Aug 26, 2012
LCASHMAN: I REALY THINK 5K NOTE IS A BAD IDEA. WHO D HEL IS IN CHARGE OF CBN?
www.google.com will answer ur question.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ACM10: 5:26am On Aug 26, 2012
Ufeolorun: Another petty thread,by the way there's one here https://www.nairaland.com/1027995/post-civil-war-indigenization-policy-far-reaching/2 join the victims-convention
Shior

Why is my thread petty? Why can't u come over there and dismantle the lead argument with your superior argument? Any thread that tells u the ear-biting story of the behaviour of your ancestors is petty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan To Drag EFCC To West African Court / Muhammadu Sakaba Defects To APC, Vows To Mobilise Thousands Of His Followers / Magu’s Investigation: Discordant Tunes Over Style Of Justice Salami’s Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.