Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) (49318 Views)

Nine Nigerian States May Be Flooded As Cameroon Opens Lagdo Dam / Lagos Flood - Banana Island Flooded As Davido's Cars Were Stock On The Road / Lagos State Flooded As Rain Falls Continuously (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Sportz: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
The roof of the National Assembly Complex leaked as it rained heavily on Tuesday.

The main lobby which leads to the chambers of the senate and the house of representatives was flooded owing to the downpour.

The press centre where reporters sit to monitor plenary sessions was not spared by the flood.

Domestic staff of the assembly battled for more than 20 minutes to drain out the pool of water.

But the situation did not stop legislators from sitting.

In 2019, the national assembly budgeted N42 billion for the renovation of the complex.

This sparked off criticism as some Nigerians frowned at the sum earmarked for the renovation.

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-roof-of-nassembly-complex-leaks-after-downpour-photos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDrI4HL5wA0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by dudusky007(m): 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
Shame on them!! this is not the first time.
stingy people..
even to recite the national anthem 60% of them can't..
make I no vex too much like say e dey pain me.

312 Likes 19 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Romanoff(f): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
The same one that several billions were used to renovate abi them never do the renovations?

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by daddytime(m): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
Wait until you hear the amount to be budgeted for this, and yet, it will never get fixed.

It's a deliberate circus set up to siphon funds as usual.

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Kzinne: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Generalissimo75(m): 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
Devils on the march again. Oya! Go borrow more money. It is expedient.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by BonaMagnate(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Tomorrow's news headlines: 1. Buhari seeks 967 Billion Naira for renovation of National Assembly.
Shameless lots

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by mrvitalis(m): 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
I have nothing to say

Corruption and buhari are what ?

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Monogamy: 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2021
Which one are we going to believe now?

National assembly or Lagos state assembly being flooded

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Maxymilliano(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
Everything leaks in this country. It's just a matter of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by BlowYourMind: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
What a terrible country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Fasindo: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
shocked

Another APC achievement

Everybody is enjoying Buhari good governance.
Our distinguished senators are enjoying theirs under a leaking roof.

I wonder where APC govt will borrow money this time around to fix the leaking roof, maybe Buhari will ask Network providers to convert people unused data to money so that they can borrow it to fix NASS building

What APC cannot destroy does not exist.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Randerl: 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
River NASS.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
How did I even end up being a citizen of this shithole angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Cholls(m): 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2021
Romanoff:
The same one that several billions were used to renovate abi them never do the renovations?
[img]https://media./images/db10d3f0e109e0868fcc817897e457ac/tenor.gif[/img]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by BestMan001: 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
National shame again.
Upon their huge budget.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by BestMan001: 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
MyVILLAGEpeople:
How did I even end up being a citizen of this shithole angry

My same question

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by budaatum: 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
If they can not maintain the assembly, we should sincerely doubt their ability to maintain Nigeria talk less of run Nigeria, as in lead it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Racoon(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
Just imagine! Same NASS they earmarked #27B for renovation? Anything goes in the shithole.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by oneolajire(m): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
Naira politicians!

It is a ploy to allocate trillions of naira to the renovation of the assembly complex.

The less you look, the more you see.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by EXOUSIAng: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
mrvitalis:
I have nothing to say

Corruption and buhari are what ?
I don't understand Nigerians sometimes.
You blame Buhari for everything. The news report clearly said Buhari gave the National assembly the 27b.
Are you expecting the Presidential to about inspecting the project. The same National Assembly has a representative from your home town there.
Some times lets apportion blame with sense.
The national assembly askes for money for renovations, money was released, you blame buhari that the money was not used...
Its like your son blaming you that he wasted the pocket money you gave him...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by gambia(m): 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
I'm not surprised, shameless people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by mrvitalis(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

I don't understand Nigerians sometimes.
You blame Buhari for everything. The news report clearly said Buhari gave the National assembly the 27b.
Are you expecting the Presidential to about inspecting the project. The same National Assembly has a representative from your home town there.
Some times lets apportion blame with sense.
The national assembly askes for money for renovations, money was released, you blame buhari that the money was not used...
Its like your son blaming you that he wasted the pocket money you gave him...
Who controls efcc and icpc ?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by SpatialKing(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
What a shame

37 billion naira
Looted under this government

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Guestlander: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
O ma se o. If we cannot maintain a building how are we supposed to maintain a railway network. I am beginning to fear Nigeria will soon run into problems with China.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by PrinceOfLagos: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
What a country cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Blackfire(m): 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Shithole ruled by lifeless( Yoruba made messiah)

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by johnkey: 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
Worst country at the moment... after all the billions looted to build and maintain the building chai I must not born pikin in this country that's wickedness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
HoR wey them don renovate tire with billions

See our so called leaders ooooooo

shocked see una life for outside undecided

5 Likes

Re: National Assembly Flooded As Roofs Leak (Photos, Video) by Banmeallday: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
This is why they hate when people call them Zoo....abi NIGGER Area...abi British shythole...

Instead of owning up, they begin to criticize IPOB, dem Oduduwa agitations, dem End SARS, dem Shiite, and everything that exposes their filthy and jealous personas....

Meanwhile they are banned from going into little Dubai, and are proud to have a quack Oyibo coaching their national team.

Blackie

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Demolishes Monkey Village, Residents Displaced / Peter Obi Breaks Silence On UK Ordeal, Apapa & Lai Mohammed's Statement / Yusuf Buhari Welcome Back Billboard Got Nigerians Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.