Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! (1024 Views)

How Does Phone Master On Infinix Phones Work ? / Using Phone Master in Infinix Devices / How To Use The Phone Master On TECNO Camon CM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by Kenebrity143(f): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
Please, I used my Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master to decongest storage when I had storage issues. Now it's wiped some folders off my gallery.

1. My WhatsApp media no longer shows on my gallery, even though my media visibility is turned on.
2. My file manager is no longer able to save statuses from WhatsApp and the previously saved status folder has been wiped from gallery too.

I do not have any idea how to reverse this or get my phone functioning properly again.

Insightful comments will help.

Thank you very much.
Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by Asianjollof007: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
The files are cleared and gone, you can't get it back.
Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by Kenebrity143(f): 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2021
Thank you.
How do I get my phone to resume its normal functionality. I'm not so worried about the files.
I just want my phone to function the way it used to.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by sunshineV(f): 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
join the queue at any carlcare centre

3 Likes

Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by OneGeek(m): 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
Open your WhatsApp media folder, and look for a .nomedia (remember the dot) file. If you can't find it, enable the "show hidden files" in the folder settings. If it's there delete it. Your WhatsApp images should begin to show correctly afterwards.

3 Likes

Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by Kenebrity143(f): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Thanks a lot ��

I can't find any WhatsApp media folder in my file manager. I've searched.
I was able to find WhatsAppResources but it had a number of autosaved status updates. And they're the least of my worries right now.

Can you suggest any other way to look for it?
Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by OneGeek(m): 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
So, here's the path:

File manager: WhatsApp>>Media>>WhatsApp Images. Once there, check for the .nomedia file

1 Like

Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by OneGeek(m): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
Nomedia files don't turn up in search, so you cannot use the search box in the file manager. You'd manually have to find it.

1 Like

Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by Emmynation(m): 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Use goggle files,in settings enable "show hidden files".

If you don't have goggle files,you can download it from play store

1 Like

Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by Kenebrity143(f): 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2021
These are screenshots of my file manager display.

There's practically no WhatsApp media file and the WhatsApp resources is a bunch of auto saved statuses.

The file manager is in-built, so I can't uninstall and reinstall.

Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by OneGeek(m): 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
What's in the WhatsAppResource folder?
Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by fuckboys: 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kenebrity143:
Please, I used my Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master to decongest storage when I had storage issues. Now it's wiped some folders off my gallery.

1. My WhatsApp media no longer shows on my gallery, even though my media visibility is turned on.
2. My file manager is no longer able to save statuses from WhatsApp and the previously saved status folder has been wiped from gallery too.

I do not have any idea how to reverse this or get my phone functioning properly again.

Insightful comments will help.

Thank you very much.
Same thing happened to me. The only way You can get it to work again is to factory reset the phone,.

When you're done never again touch those 4 files below in phone master, cos the phone can't rebuild image cache and thumbnail of your whole gallery. I just tire for these transsion phones

Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by Kenebrity143(f): 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2021
Guysss! I'm pretty much excited now!

So, @OneGeek, I was able to follow your instructions, but I found the file using @Emmynations' suggestion to use the Google file.
I clicked on the android folder there, then media, the found my way to WhatsApp. Turned on hidden files and I was able to delete the .nomedia file.

My WhatsApp folder is back but as a sub folder under "Other" and that's more than enough.

Thank you soooo much! ❤️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by OneGeek(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kenebrity143:

So, @OneGeek, I was able to follow your instructions, but I found the file using @Emmynations' suggestion to use the Google file.
I clicked on the android folder there, then media, the found my way to WhatsApp. Turned on hidden files and I was able to delete the .nomedia file.

My WhatsApp folder is back but as a sub folder under "Other" and that's more than enough.

Thank you soooo much! ❤️

You're welcome!
Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by danilmo: 1:00am On Jun 23, 2021
Kenebrity143:

Thank you soooo much! ❤️

I also use same phone and found out WhatsApp status saver can't access my phone directory..

But rather the phone save in Android>WhatsApp>media folder automatically..

Are u experiencing same??
Re: My Infinix Hot 10 Phone Master Has Messed Up My Phone. Please Help! by Emmynation(m): 10:37am On Jul 26, 2021
Kenebrity143:

Thank you soooo much! ❤️

You're welcome smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Deal / Kindly Suggest A Low Budget(55k) Tablets And Your Experience / Choose Betwen Iphone 12 Pro Max And Iphone 13 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.