Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? (25845 Views)

Mexican Wedding Guests Running For Their Lives After Fireworks Caused Huge Fire / Couple Holds Wedding Reception At A Backyard With 7 Guests In Port Harcourt / Generator Fumes Kill 15 Wedding Guests In Imo, Another 17 Unconscious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by elytbhoy(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2021
As an event planner, we strive to make your event a memorable one.
Like how many people are you looking to entertain? And we will provide them
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Dearlord(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
grin grin OP please allow me to laugh my laugh please grin
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
Richy4:
If they can rent protesters to demonstrate , why can't it be done in weddings. every thing is about money...
Time shall come when mourners will be rented too... the ones that cry in different scenario ... Eg The ones that can Mourn European kind of mourning like using handkerchief to wipe tears or hugging it out , Or Local kind of mourning like rolling on the floor.. depending on class and status in society smiley,..

As for your wedding, do not worry OP...Your money will speak for you when the time comes... u don't need to rent anyone if you have the money.. wedding crashers will be there for you... Also if you want crowd on your wedding reception and you do not need gift or anything in return, Just do your reception in a university hall... I tell you, your food/drink will not be enough... Our neighbor once hosted his wedding reception in one of Nigerian tertiary institution... I tell you, the students living in the hostel dressed for the occasion.... They ate and drank...after eating, they left immediately like someone was pursuing them.... no gift nothing grin
200 years late, people in the Victorian era did this gringrin
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Flamez01: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
Can't say much about hiring wedding guests. but if u need some capable hand to help impregnate ur wife after wedding, I am the man for the Job. I am good at what I do. also, my charges are fair.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
Must you hire guests?

Me I no even like noise at all.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Monaco2(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
Is it possible to hire guests for a wedding in Nigeria? I’m just curious. So please don’t attack me.
I have always dreamed of having a wedding that I would be proud of. AKA posh wedding. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of friends or know many big people and the few people I even know at all are not really posh looking (this is not an insult); what I mean is, you know, these broke guys kind of friends that you have to pay their transport back when they even manage to visit you.

So I have this question: is it possible to hire posh grooms men and a couple of posh guests (including white men and women and money sprayers to act as friends) to pose at a wedding in Nigeria?
I have read it is possible in the USA or other countries. Has anyone come across this in Nigeria?

Kevin hart wedding ringer
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by ikemesit4477: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
This is no joke. Please I can’t afford to invite the people I know and then have a drunk guest fighting the servers over food. If I relocate to a new city (which I intend to do after the wedding), we’ll know nobody there. So I might as well hire people who are sane and able to make my day memorable, than invite people who would not spray money but won’t keep quiet either, they will crash my wedding with their low life behaviour. At least the hired sprayers can plan to have their money returned to them after spraying cos I don’t need their money. I can’t invite uncles cos those ones are practically greedy drunks waiting on my dad to go to his ancestors so they can plunder what’s left.
are you ok? Just asking!
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by gfullmoon(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
Miracood2:
pass me the weed

Give me the Contract, we will charge you #10million only. Just choose your preferred location. It is our work o!
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Peace2love: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
FatherCHRlSTMAS:
Op just post your wedding invitation on every social media. You will be surprised the number of people who will turn up

He's not after the numbers of people that will come but people that will spray dollars, Euros, wear Gucci, expense jewelries just to make noise on social media as the wedding of the millennium.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Bahamas95(m): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
undecided
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by colossus91(m): 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
Is it possible to hire guests for a wedding in Nigeria? I’m just curious. So please don’t attack me.
I have always dreamed of having a wedding that I would be proud of. AKA posh wedding. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of friends or know many big people and the few people I even know at all are not really posh looking (this is not an insult); what I mean is, you know, these broke guys kind of friends that you have to pay their transport back when they even manage to visit you.

So I have this question: is it possible to hire posh grooms men and a couple of posh guests (including white men and women and money sprayers to act as friends) to pose at a wedding in Nigeria?
I have read it is possible in the USA or other countries. Has anyone come across this in Nigeria?

If your serious about this hit me up I will fix this!!
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
24SEVEN:

The smartest Nairalanders are in Politics section.

As per your post, Everything can happen. With proper arrangement even the devil can meet with God.
Smartest what? Rubbish, they are in the programming section.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Emeka71(m): 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
Vyolet:
Everything is achievable in Nigeria today, if they can hire mourners for funeral, why can't they do for weddings.
Check out eventful, they got you covered.
They don't even need to hire guest in any party in Nigeria just organize the party and you shall see battalions finding party to enter.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by lastchild: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:

it is even more possible in Nigeria than anywhere else in the world

as long as the money they'll spray that day is yours and not theirs, no problem

people are even looking for such opportunities, they'll not even collect a dime from you as you called it "hiring"

but the truth remains that, you can make your wedding look polished without those posh people, sometimes they even make the wedding becomes a nuisance

just meat a good event manager and explain your ordeal, they'll tell you how to make your wedding not to look desolate
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Amhappy(f): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
OP you have not invited nairalanders. Invite us and you will have lots of cool guests
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Falconx47: 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:
I honestly thought I would find more mature comments in the family section.

Wonder what kind of mature comments you're looking to see, well event planners here have told you how it goes down, but just like a few people here, I'm taken aback by how someone can come up with this your thought process, your idea of making memories or having a memorable day is hiring strangers who you don't know from Adam and who you'd probably never see again to flood your wedding and create an illusion? How will that make you feel good at the end of the day? I had the impression that people do things like this because they have people to impress. I do hope you have the financial muscle to achieve your dreams.

As my two cents, anything is possible...you can even hook up with pretty Mike to supply you preggo ladies or breastfeeding mums, all na glam.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by blazebaba(m): 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
Naso you get money reach....wah omoh_gee owo waa lowo eh oh...oh better koje kah ba eh nan...shay you go hire me...mowah hireable...
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by matrixme(m): 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
Be nice to undertaker's, for surely they will be the one to carry you to your grave. These low class people you think should skip your wedding actually have more goodwill at heart than posh, sophisticated city people.
I wonder how Nigerians spend much on making their wedding the talk of the town and in less than 3 years, the couple can't stand themselves in the same room again

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by duality(m): 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
@op, PM me and ready 5.5Million

We get it done.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by marsup: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
It’s possible. But I’ll advice you just have an intimate wedding. Money spraying doesn’t make a wedding posh, neither does fake friends. Be content with what u have, else u run into unnecessary trouble.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by wonderr(m): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
Just work hard posh people will come looking for u it's because you have nothing that is y u still have poor people has ur friends

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Qualer: 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
sisisioge:

Yes, I used to work as an event hostess for an event hosting company called "Eventful" here in Lagos. Once you tell them your requirement,they will match you with good groomsmen and bridesmaids. They supply the dresses,hairdos and makeup for the candidates you want. In fact, they would match your human requirement too for those that want specifics. Eg, you are a chubby babe and do not want skinny tall girls for bridesmaids so you can be picturesque or you are fair and do not want a mixture of skin colours. I have done bridemaid for people I dont know before....they know how to bring your idea to life. The difference between drag and dash is just a few brushes and drapes. This will cost you money though cos I used to earn between 8k to 15k per day then depending on the location and I'm sure that's a small fraction of what they charge cos they own all the glits.

If you ask me though, I would say its not worth it....but this is you and not me. Good luck with everything. May God make your prospective spouse your true friend.

Good angle here!!

on the other hand, with this info here, that means we are looking at the post of a very fine babe! no be so?? grin
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Anieke39(m): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Richy4:
If they can rent protesters to demonstrate , why can't it be done in weddings. every thing is about money...
Time shall come when mourners will be rented too... the ones that cry in different scenario ... Eg The ones that can Mourn European kind of mourning like using handkerchief to wipe tears or hugging it out , Or Local kind of mourning like rolling on the floor.. depending on class and status in society smiley,..

As for your wedding, do not worry OP...Your money will speak for you when the time comes... u don't need to rent anyone if you have the money.. wedding crashers will be there for you... Also if you want crowd on your wedding reception and you do not need gift or anything in return, Just do your reception in a university hall... I tell you, your food/drink will not be enough... Our neighbor once hosted his wedding reception in one of Nigerian tertiary institution... I tell you, the students living in the hostel dressed for the occasion.... They ate and drank...after eating, they left immediately like someone was pursuing them.... no gift nothing grin
nairaland is funny funny
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by ibelieveinjesus: 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
amazing
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by MASTERMIND04(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
Klass99:

cheesy I have heard about Eventful from my boss. He is always raving about the owner and how she was the first person to start an event planning business in Lagos, they have a personal/friendly relationship. What you said about the range of services they provide is interesting news to me though, it sounds like a scene out of a Hollywood movie.

@ OP/Topic, I am so taken aback at your thought processes. Do you realize that what comes after (the marriage itself) is more important than a one day ceremony? You can have a memorable day without all the paparazzi, quality over quantity.

The best wedding I have ever attended was a simple affair without the usual activity associated with Naija weddings, it was like a party and an enjoyable one too with lots of dancing, a dance competition and dancing round the chairs competition.

There was no bridal train, just a best man and best lady, no aso-ebi sold grin (thank goodness) a buffet style event, no high table of distinguished guests........it was so much fun and the couple are still married o!

Dey there dey find glamourous Dubai style wedding, all that money you will spend hiring strangers for a posh wedding can be put to better use, to pay rent on your new home (if you don't own your house) to furnish that new home tastefully and even open a kids saving account for your first child.

The cost of living in this country is so high these days, it doesn't make sense to be spending money on things which don't add real value to human life.

God bless you
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by litaninja(m): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
If you have 9 hungry, tattered, haggard, greedy, unruly friends, you're the 10th one in that circle.

The thing here is, you seem to have hit one small money that is "doing you gra gra". Don't worry, the fake life you are about to embark on will ensure that you're soon parted from that small change.

Apply wisdom.

Blixon:

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by ICTWeb: 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
Look for a push big club to join. They got you covered. But the problem is you will never leave after the wedding. You are a member for life.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Kay25(m): 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
hire wedding guest for what?when the people u call self never chop belleful u go come hire guest.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by lagdmark(m): 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
mutter:
Join a church then invite the church members
Even if he joins the church he will still meet the same class of people like himself. The guy naa yeye, he should have upgraded his status to attract posh guys.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Coronavirus84: 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
Here in ijesha, Surulere, Lagos state, we don't need you to invite us for your wedding before we come, all we need is date and location of the wedding.
Our clothes are always ironed down for any weekend emergency party we show, we item 7 crew of Nigeria limited.
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by tsmith(f): 10:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
Blixon:

If you can afford to rent people you might just as well put same money towards dressing up and transporting your less able family and friends. Just warn them before hand that their upmost behaviour is expected as the party otherwise...
Re: Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? by Govocrete: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
If you hire people, you will not be able to cater for them. Just publicise the wedding, if you want crowd hold the reception close to the church.

Once few people notice enough drinks and food, they will use their phone to invite people on your behalf.

If you like, kill 10 cow, it will not be enough to go round.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out Photos From The 2017 Cultural Carnival In Calabar. / My Sister's Traditional And White Wedding Pictures / 6 Kinds Of People You Will Always Find At 'Owambe' Parties In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.