Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,371 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) (40465 Views)

Nsukka Catholic Bishop Vs Fr Obayi: ‘don’t Exceed Your Boundary’ – Mbaka Fumes / Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / Igbo Deities Sold In A Museum Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Gadafii: 8:56am On Jun 23, 2021
religion and its wahala

muslims doing theres, christains too towing almost similar path
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by dejol88: 8:56am On Jun 23, 2021
OBALOLA55:
ARRANT NONSENSE angry

CHOOSE YE TODAY WHOM YE WILL SERVE,A AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, WE WILL SERVE THE LIVING GOD.

CATHOLIC CHURCH ARE KNOWN FOR BOWING FOR IDOLS AND THE STATUES OF THEIR SO-CALLED SON OF god AND HIS MOTHER angry

I TESTIFY THAT NO god DESERVE TO BE WORSHIPPED EXCEPT ALMIGHTY GOD
Since you dislike the mother church, why not stop reading the Bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by grandlexuz(m): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2021
G
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Onyeka2019: 8:56am On Jun 23, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:
Arusi okija

Confirmed Arusi iyi lol
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 23, 2021
stevebond007:
The altars the Greeks used in sacrifices are now tourist destinations...and Greece was the site of early Christianity.

Buh people here are just OVERZEALOUS

Well done padre.

Same thing the Muslim Egyptians and Iranians are doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kayberg: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2021
richmond500:
Men saving their gods in time of trouble grin

Write these in all block letters, and also bolden it.
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by descarado: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2021
Good.

Wonder why they are burning them.
Misplaced priority
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by dhardline(m): 9:03am On Jun 23, 2021
Nairasurplus:
Very good. Our tradition will never fade. The whites from Ireland deceived us to a great extent. We have not realised that what they brought to us are fictional characters.

Unfortunately you are wrong cause they are not fictional characters. It's like me saying a bit made this comment. We know bots exist and can to an extent differentiate both.
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by peacettw: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2021
Very illiterate souls. Why destroy things that are a significant part of our history? Why adopt and promote a foreigner's culture whilst ignoring and degrading yours?

These days I feel uncomfortable speaking in English..and it is my hope that one day we will stop writing or teaching in English as well

5 Likes

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by techWriter2: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2021
One wowoman s foodstuffs is another wowoman s toxin
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by hofeshhomes: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2021
I watched a documentary about him on BBC.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Nomiyesupersaint: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2021
Can one servant serve two masters?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by NaijaGoBetter20: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2021
The only sect that knows why religion was brought in the first place.

White people came to steal all our artifacts by telling us they are bad in the name of religion ( mental slavery) but they can move them to France Uk, Germany et al to display in their museum and generate money.

Time to go back to tradition, practice your religion (freedom to practice whatever you like is a human right), and allow the traditionalist to practice their

Stop harassing traditionalist priest, respect them the way you respect big pastors and alas.

It's our heritage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Cashio(m): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2021
You see those slaves coming in now to castigate the act, but shout wow when they hear of it happening in a foreign land.
Those ancient Greek, Egyptian temples were never destroyed serve as tourist attraction centres today.
It's a nice move. Our kids and their kids will someday come to such place to learn about their predecessors cultural and religious practices..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Npmedia(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2021
hi
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by HEAVEN4444: 9:10am On Jun 23, 2021
lol but how come most of the deities are of white looking people ?
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by erai30(m): 9:11am On Jun 23, 2021
THE GODS ARE NOT TO BLAME, WHEN THINGS FALL APART. grin

1 Like

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Dan7432: 9:13am On Jun 23, 2021
My people perish for lack of knowledge,it is written in the Bible that we have been bought out from every tribe into the kingdom of His dear Son.sorry am not here to judge anybody,but this show that the priest mind has not been transform by the word of God .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by youngcoach(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2021
my fear is that when this Rev. Fr dies other people may begin to steal it or worship it once that image is not destroyed.
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 23, 2021
Dan7432:
My people perish for lack of knowledge,it is written in the Bible that we have been bought out from every tribe into the kingdom of His dear Son.sorry am not here to judge anybody,but this show that the priest mind has not been transform by the word of God .
That's your bloody business, the people who own the religion preserve their own artefacts while you and your stupid ilk degrade theirs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 23, 2021
youngcoach:
my fear is that when this Rev. Fr dies other people may begin to steal it or worship it once that image is not destroyed.
If others worship them e no concern you Na.
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by ZZ22: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2021
This priest was a rugged karate coach before.
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2021
peacettw:
Very illiterate souls. Why destroy things that are a significant part of our history? Why adopt and promote a foreigner's culture whilst ignoring and degrading yours?

These days I feel uncomfortable speaking in English..and it is my hope that one day we will stop writing or teaching in English as well
we'll start speaking mandarin or Russian maybe, depending on who the global economic and military power is in those days. Reality is reality bro.

Modified: but I agree that those artifacts should be kept in a museum and not just burned like that.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Safemoon: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2021
The white missionaries invented the burning of our artefact,hidden behind the fallacy of Christianity.

while their main reason is to hide our identities and history so they will say we are Monkees living on tress without cultures and traditions.

Funny enough Africans bought the gibberish and endorsed it

1 Like

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Ruggman: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2021
The priest is simply saying that he is in the wrong vocation and faith.
There is nothing to cheer about his actions.
LIGHT HAS NOTHING IN COMMON IN DARKNESS, AND THE ALTAR OF HAS NO AGREEMENT WITH THE ALTAR OF IDOLS
NO PRIEST CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS , OR ON TWO ALTARS.
AVOID CONFUSSION, JOIN THE NATIVE PRIEST IF YOU ARE TIRED OF SERVING AS A PRIEST OF GOD ALMIGHTY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by lastclaire4(f): 9:44am On Jun 23, 2021
Kriss216:
Nice one padre.

One should not forget his origin. We're Africans first before religion.

God bless you immensely, padre.

The problem is that most people become priest bot because of calling but because of it is a route out of poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omega Power Ministries Weds 140 Couples Same Day (photos/video) / We Voted For A BUHARI President But We Now Have An Evangelist ‘ Apostle Suleman / Carlos Roe The Goalkeeper Who Rejected Man United To Await The End Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.