Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) (40509 Views)

Nsukka Catholic Bishop Vs Fr Obayi: ‘don’t Exceed Your Boundary’ – Mbaka Fumes / Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / Igbo Deities Sold In A Museum Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 11:57am On Jun 23, 2021
Grgton:
But these idol look scary ��

but the statue of mary doesnt look scary abi? The picture of your white jesus looks scary to me too....looks like a hairy pig
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Blissguts: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2021
Nairasurplus:
Very good. Our tradition will never fade. The whites from Ireland deceived us to a great extent. We have not realised that what they brought to us are fictional characters.

Why those "fictionals" have provable & traceable realities in form of testimonies ?
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2021
peacettw:

Exactly my point.. I am glad you get it

Clown, so you don't know that speaking in tongue is a foreign concept from a foreign religion?
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Splinz(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
Paul Obayi knows that there's no difference between what he has in his church alter as "Mary" and "Jesus" and what chief Ikenga has as "kofi kofi" in his shrine.

Both are ONE and the same.
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by rinzaugustine: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
I wish he would be able to raise money to build a bigger museum for the artifacts.He has that sense of preserving centuries old artefacts as against some self proclaimed men of “god” who burn such treasures
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by peacettw: 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
blueAgent:

Clown, so you don't know that speaking in tongue is a foreign concept from a foreign religion?

Its unclear now what you are getting about. Still waiting for you to clarify better
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Nature8(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Litmus: 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
lol but how come most of the deities are of white looking people ?

Simplified:
Originally this was done to disguise traditional worship from the impositions of the foreign imperialists similar to African practices in the new world under slavery e.g. Sanitaria, Candomble idols and artefacts of worship...
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by DropsMic(m): 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
arikogomez:
I'm ashamed of that priest preserving idol instead converting people to the kingdom of God, can that priest place that idol in the house of or his home. All that belong to Satan not for Child of God, some persons prefer their idolatry tradition than God Almighty. Those persons supporting the priest, did any of you have the Jesus Christ movie, ur pastor sermon or Christian movies and biblical film. You can't serve Almighty God and idol at the same time. Be wise little thing can stain ur white garment.

From your post one can easily deduce that you are not that smart.. Your kind sold the future of Africa away in exchange for mirrors and gun powder.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Enn214(m): 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
grin grin
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Enn214(m): 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
Something wey their worshippers go still go worship inside museum grin
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
Sleekfingers:

but the statue of mary doesnt look scary abi? The picture of your white jesus looks scary to me too....looks like a hairy pig
please don't even start... Are you the idol I was referring to ??
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2021
Grgton:
please don't even start... Are you the idol I was referring to ??

okay. I hear you
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
Sleekfingers:

okay. I hear you
better
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Solsix(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
Christistruth00:

Withchdoctors Masquerading as Christians trying to rescue their Juju Shrines from the Wrath of Christ

Jesus will build his Church and the gates of Hell shall not Prevail against it

God cannot be Mocked
You have shallow knowledge of the word of God. You think this artifacts are the real demons?? No, thier powers are from the spirit behind them which can be expelled by top man of God. Those artifacts are useless
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by MOVIC6: 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
Can you explain more on your assertions...
LordVoldermort:
He did not save the statues to promote African culture he did it to promote the Catholic Church, these priests have done more to destroy African culture than any pastor could accomplish, now they want to give themselves good PR...

Some people will fall for dis sha
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by MOVIC6: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
You will have to stop taking pictures of yourself, you mother, your dad and family members, so as to put of any symbolic image of them, let them all be in your heart but if you think otherwise, then ypur contention here is non and void.
AntiChristian:
False dieties are all to be burnt in fire! Even the image of Jesus and Mary in Churches are to be burnt!

All these graven images are to be burnt!

This is a big mistake which will spell doom for a later generation!
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by AntiChristian: 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
MOVIC6:
You will have to stop taking pictures of yourself, you mother, your dad and family members, so as to put of any symbolic image of them, let them all be in your heart but if you think otherwise, then ypur contention here is non and void.

Of cos I don't take pictures before except in cases of necessity like passports and the likes!

Graven images are to be burnt!
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by AntiChristian: 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Chijeep:

Go and read your Bible very well.
Did Solomon burned the winged creatures he made when building the temple?
Did Moses burned the bronze serpent he made in the wilderness?
Stop allowing your fake pastors to brainwash you and make sure you put more in your brain

I no get Bible and I am antichristian.

The graven images of their gods you are to burn with fire...
Deut. 7:25

You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:4-6
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by AntiChristian: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
caracas:

Your stewpidity n fuuuulishness knows no bounds

Thanks. But read this below.

You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:4-6
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
Christistruth00:

Withchdoctors Masquerading as Christians trying to rescue their Juju Shrines from the Wrath of Christ

Jesus will build his Church and the gates of Hell shall not Prevail against it

God cannot be Mocked
Rubbish! Did Jesus Christ send you out to go burn idols? undecided

That command was given you by the doctrines and traditions of your Mogs, themselves false Teacher and prophets masquerading as Christians. undecided
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
festacman:
Yes, basically every deity is a piece wood carving, metal work or moulding into which a demon or demons were invoked and carefully programmed into and then enthroned in a place (shrine) to serve a purpose to a family, clan or community by mutual agreement in return for allegiance and worship.

Thus, whenever a community that owns a deity decide to end the relationship with the deity by abrupt break-up by a superior power rather than by negotiation and mutually ending the relationship, there is need to allow that community to decide what to do: burn or hand over to a museum. But the people must be 100% SURE that the demon has been cast out because the demon could be tricky and lie low in order to unleash destruction and wickedness much later.

Without the presence of spirit or demon, a deity is mere piece of artwork
Did Jesus Christ teach you anything about casting out demons from material things? undecided

A community deciding to burn materials as their way of ending their relationship with an idol is that, their belief, but it has nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ taught us. All He taught is that by submitting to and obeying Him, every other yoke you previously had is nullified since you cannot belong to Him and another at the same time. undecided
If in the future, you chose to serve another, then He ceases to be your master -again, you cannot be of His kingdom and serve two masters. undecided
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
OBALOLA55:
ARRANT NONSENSE angry

CHOOSE YE TODAY WHOM YE WILL SERVE,A AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, WE WILL SERVE THE LIVING GOD.

CATHOLIC CHURCH ARE KNOWN FOR BOWING FOR IDOLS AND THE STATUES OF THEIR SO-CALLED SON OF god AND HIS MOTHER angry
I TESTIFY THAT NO god DESERVE TO BE WORSHIPPED EXCEPT ALMIGHTY GOD
Well, Jesus Christ never taught you that the way to make a choice to serve Him is through the burning of materials, even idols. Nor did He tell you to believe that demons can occupy material items... He did teach you of demons entering in and out of humans but not items. undecided

Your Mogs are guilty of teaching you doctrines and traditions of men, lies, that have led you to believing you sever relations with your past masters through the burning or ridding of things. Jesus Christ instead taught that you do so by submitting to and obeying the one you chose as master over you. undecided
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Chijeep(m): 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

I no get Bible and I am antichristian.

So why did Solomon disobeyed God by building winged creatures in the temple?
And why did God have to tell Moses to make a bronze serpent when he already ordered them not to make any image?
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by livingchrist: 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
A God that need you to save him, is that a God?
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
dhardline:

Unfortunately you are wrong cause they are not fictional characters. It's like me saying a bit made this comment. We know bots exist and can to an extent differentiate both.
Who told you this? undecided
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by OBALOLA55(m): 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, Jesus Christ never taught you that the way to make a choice to serve Him is through the burning of materials, even idols. Nor did He tell you to believe that demons can occupy material items... He did teach you of demons entering in and out of humans but not items. undecided

Your Mogs are guilty of teaching you doctrines and traditions of men, lies, that have led you to believing you sever relations with your past masters through the burning or ridding of things. Jesus Christ instead taught that you do so by submitting to and obeying the one you chose as master over you. undecided
THIS TRINITARIAN AGAINgrin
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
Nomiyesupersaint:
Can one servant serve two masters?
You serve a master by submitting to and obeying His teaxhings and commandments...that is what is Jesus Christ taught to you. undecided

At the point where a person no longer submits to and obeys a master, that relationship is nullified - no burning of items or material objects necessary. undecided

Or do you stop worshipping money by burning all your currency notes, coins and credit cards? undecided
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by OBALOLA55(m): 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2021
Chijeep:

So why did Solomon disobeyed God by building winged creatures in the temple?
And why did God have to tell Moses to make a bronze serpent when he already ordered them not to make any image?
THATS WHY BIBLE IS A STORY BOOK BRUH
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by ajl: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2021
Olodumare help these stupid Africans! Destroying your heritage for another man's heritage and religion. Ain't you a slave forever, then?
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Christistruth00: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! Did Jesus Christ send you out to go burn idols? undecided

That command was given you by the doctrines and traditions of your Mogs, themselves false Teacher and prophets masquerading as Christians. undecided

Acts 17. 24-26

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[b]

Acts 19:19

A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas.

Jeremiah 43:12

And I shall set fire to the temples of the gods of Egypt, and he will burn them and take them captive. So he will wrap himself with the land of Egypt as a shepherd wraps himself with his garment, and he will depart from there safely.
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Dan7432:
My people perish for lack of knowledge,it is written in the Bible that we have been bought out from every tribe into the kingdom of His dear Son.sorry am not here to judge anybody,but this show that the priest mind has not been transform by the word of God .
Actually, if you paid close attention to what is written there in Hosea 4 vs 1 -14, makes it clear that the knowledge that destroys them is that of His teachings and commandments, which is true in this case since you don't seem aware of that which Jesus Christ taught at all. undecided

What the priest is do is nothing against Jesus Christ. No, since Jesus Christ never asked you or anyone to burn objects you designate as idols in His name. He instead asked that you submit to and obey His teachings and commandments instead, as that is the only way to sever your relations with your other masters to choose Him only. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" / Primate Ayodele: "Buhari And Osinbajo Would Have Problem" / Man "Cured" Of HIV By Pastor Alph Lakau, Dies After Failing To Take His Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.