Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,616 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) (40508 Views)

Nsukka Catholic Bishop Vs Fr Obayi: ‘don’t Exceed Your Boundary’ – Mbaka Fumes / Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / Igbo Deities Sold In A Museum Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
JayB11:

Honestly i appreciate your lengthy post, but you and i know that we will never agree on this, ever. You see Catholicism wrong, i see you wrong for seeing Catholicism wrong. I believe you will never be objective when it comes to this........lets bury it.
I am afraid you got it wrong! I don't see Catholicism wrong. Instead know that Jesus Christ commanded against the doctrines and traditions of men- that which even your catholic faith is built on top of -declaring it sin against God - antichrist. undecided

As for being objective, are you certain you are being even remotely objective here? Here we are talking about a God who declared it against Him to

* serve(submit to and obey) the doctrines and traditions of men
* submit to more than one Master in His Kingdom
* Call anyone on earth spiritual father
* consider any man a teacher, shepherd, authority or leader, in His name
* follow men in his name etc.,

..and this same God vows by His name that those who do such are not of Him, yet you think you can "objectively" argue against His claims without outright calling Him, God, a LIAR? undecided
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by blueAgent(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
peacettw:

Its unclear now what you are getting about. Still waiting for you to clarify better

You know stop pretending.
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by JayB11(m): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you got it wrong! I don't see Catholicism wrong. Instead know that Jesus Christ commanded against the doctrines and traditions of men- that which even your catholic faith is built on top of -declaring it sin against God - antichrist. undecided

As for being objective, are you certain you are being even remotely objective here? Here we are talking about a God who declared it against Him to

* serve(submit to and obey) the doctrines and traditions of men
* submit to more than one Master in His Kingdom
* Call anyone on earth spiritual father
* consider any man a teacher, shepherd, authority or leader, in His name
* follow men in his name etc.,

..and this same God vows by His name that those who do such are not of Him, yet you think you can "objectively" argue against His claims without outright calling Him, God, a LIAR? undecided

Same Bible, different interpretations. Give 2 preachers 1 verse, you will get to different preaching. The Bible did not fall from Heaven like the 10 commandments in the time of Moses. The Bible passed through ages of what we cannot tell..... I am not saying that the Bible has been compromised, but i want u to understand that condemning what others believe in (like your first post) doesn't make you any better Christian. The Catholic Church was laid on the Foundation of the Apostles of Christ, the Bible we see today, we are probably not the first to use it. You and your understanding about the Bible, is a stepdown knowledge you possess of someone who shared his own understanding of the Bible. You cannot tell more than you know. .....
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
JayB11:

Same Bible, different interpretations. Give 2 preachers 1 verse, you will get to different preaching. The Bible did not fall from Heaven like the 10 commandments in the time of Moses. The Bible passed through ages of what we cannot tell..... I am not saying that the Bible has been compromised, but i want u to understand that condemning what others believe in (like your first post) doesn't make you any better Christian. The Catholic Church was laid on the Foundation of the Apostles of Christ, the Bible we see today, we are probably not the first to use it. You and your understanding about the Bible, is a stepdown knowledge you possess of someone who shared his own understanding of the Bible. You cannot tell more than you know. .....
1. Jesus Christ did say that you should use the understanding you have and only then will more understanding be given you. Those who refuse to do this, even the little understanding they have will be taken away from them - Matthew 25 vs 14 -30.

Clearly, we are meant to use our understanding to process these things since the Bible is written for us in human language and to be comprehended using even basic human language comprehension skills which most every human has. So using my understanding is in fact a necessary requirement by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

2. Using the understanding you have, tell me then what it is that I have declared wrong of God in my declaration below.

* Is it not against God to serve(submit to and obey) the doctrines and traditions of men - Matthew 15 vs 1-14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 23 ? undecided
* Is it not against God to submit to more than one Master in His Kingdom - Matthew 6 vs 24 ? undecided
* Is it not against God to call anyone on earth spiritual(Kingdom of God related) father - Matthew 23 vs 9 ? undecided
* Is it not against God to consider any man a teacher, shepherd, authority or leader, in His name
* follow men in his name etc. And this from Matthew 23 vs 6 - 9 & John 10 vs 1 - 16 & Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 & Matthew 15 vs 14 ? undecided
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by OyinO: 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
BosseJ:
I am happy to see this happening. Africans are starting to receive sense. Oyinbo people brainwashed us to reject our artworks under the pretext of their imported religious superiority. The same Oyinbo will steal those artefacts and put them on display in their museums as expensive artworks fetching them millions yearly. Africans must receive sense by force.

Best comment
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by OyinO: 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
Brainwashed Africans should use their tongues to count their teeth. Dazzol
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by peacettw: 5:06am On Jun 24, 2021
blueAgent:

You know stop pretending.

All I know at this point is that the unnecessary insults have stopped. Still waiting for you to clarify your point
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by AntiChristian: 8:58am On Jun 24, 2021
Chijeep:

So which ones are you talking about now?
Because this one that you're answering question with question it like you're confused already.
What prompted me to quote ur comment was d picture of the statues of Mary and Joseph and then you're now referring to the images the priest is keeping.

I'm not confused as you are! The picture is allegedly that of Mary and Jesus. Photographs were not around during their time so no one can prove those are even their real images.

Those images are the idols of Catholic churches. They invoke Mary to pray for them which is same thing idol worshipers do!

All those graven images are to be burnt!
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by JayB11(m): 9:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ did say that you should use the understanding you have and only then will more understanding be given you. Those who refuse to do this, even the little understanding they have will be taken away from them - Matthew 25 vs 14 -30.

Clearly, we are meant to use our understanding to process these things since the Bible is written for us in human language and to be comprehended using even basic human language comprehension skills which most every human has. So using my understanding is in fact a necessary requirement by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

2. Using the understanding you have, tell me then what it is that I have declared wrong of God in my declaration below.

* Is it not against God to serve(submit to and obey) the doctrines and traditions of men - Matthew 15 vs 1-14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 23 ? undecided
* Is it not against God to submit to more than one Master in His Kingdom - Matthew 6 vs 24 ? undecided
* Is it not against God to call anyone on earth spiritual(Kingdom of God related) father - Matthew 23 vs 9 ? undecided
* Is it not against God to consider any man a teacher, shepherd, authority or leader, in His name
* follow men in his name etc. And this from Matthew 23 vs 6 - 9 & John 10 vs 1 - 16 & Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 & Matthew 15 vs 14 ? undecided

Thanks for the clarity Sir�
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by Chijeep(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2021
AntiChristian:

I'm not confused as you are! The picture is allegedly that of Mary and Jesus. Photographs were not around during their time so no one can prove those are even their real images.

Those images are the idols of Catholic churches. They invoke Mary to pray for them which is same thing idol worshipers do!

All those graven images are to be burnt!
Give me ur watapp number let's discuss it on DM or u msg me on 07032604100
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by apatheticme(f): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
richmond500:
Men saving their gods in time of trouble grin

Ironic!
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Jun 25, 2021
Chijeep:

Give me ur watapp number let's discuss it on DM or u msg me on 07032604100

All things on Nairaland ends here! better remove your number before scammers copy am!
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by MOVIC6: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
I won’t say you are wrong from your own point of view but trutg be told, you didn’t read between lines and you jus made your conclusion, it’s only someone with hatred and myopic view towards catholism and their likes speaks ill of them. I guess you decided not to understand nor rationalize or even reason deeply the words that came out of the man’s mouth before you jump into conclusions.
Its your likes that runaway from catholic church in the name of “I was blind “.
He simply said and I quote,” I have casted out the spirits and they are now mere woods and artifacts “.
People like you are they one’s turning people against catholic, no better understanding , no fundamental research on your convictions, you jus decided to hate, you decided to argue, you decided to make mockery of things you don’t have any iota of knowledge about, may be your pastor told you and you heard from someone.
Jus look at the beginning of you contradicting sentence, “Christianity came to Africa through Catholic and Anglica and you still diss them like the worship idol or what they do is waste of time, same people that brought Christianity which you believe in, it would be appropriate if you say Christianity came to Africa through pentecostal cause the last time I checked, pentecostal was built on the stone of disobedience.
I rest my case.
LordVoldermort:

Christianity came to Africa through Catholic/ Anglican Church, naturally when they came they were despised by the native population so they had to use force via Portugese or British colonizers to establish themselves, it was them who began the tradition of calling African Gods demons, Ekwensu and Esu were transformed into Devils, in almost every Catholic movie the traditional Gods are always portrayed as demons and the priests as the Angels who saved the land... After successfully crushing opposition they now had to make the people like them... (If you win the war you must win the peace else you lose) so they began to establish themselves as the protector of traditions and cultures of the land, (the traditions they are destroying) many people fell for the trick... Now this priest is using the trick to make Pentecostals look bad, the message he's passing is "We Catholics are good we value your culture and heritage, those people there they want to destroy it so join us" Pentecostals are still amateurs compared to them.

I hope I explained well
Re: Reverend Paul Obayi, Saving Igbo Deities From The Bonfires (Photos) by MOVIC6: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
Disobedience and craving of flesh(fame,money and their likes).
Go through history of all pentecostal and any other church that’s not orthodox, they are never one, they are in shambles in one way or the other, but look at catholic you diss all your life, many have gone your part and got old and died still catholic remains the same, unchanged, no double standard, no additiona and no subtraction and you still diss a church like that but someone from your church will decide one day to open a church by the spirit, next thing 1/3 of the church follows him cause he has power, can preach well.
Let the Holy Spirit guide you.
MOVIC6:
I won’t say you are wrong from your own point of view but trutg be told, you didn’t read between lines and you jus made your conclusion, it’s only someone with hatred and myopic view towards catholism and their likes speaks ill of them. I guess you decided not to understand nor rationalize or even reason deeply the words that came out of the man’s mouth before you jump into conclusions.
Its your likes that runaway from catholic church in the name of “I was blind “.
He simply said and I quote,” I have casted out the spirits and they are now mere woods and artifacts “.
People like you are they one’s turning people against catholic, no better understanding , no fundamental research on your convictions, you jus decided to hate, you decided to argue, you decided to make mockery of things you don’t have any iota of knowledge about, may be your pastor told you and you heard from someone.
Jus look at the beginning of you contradicting sentence, “Christianity came to Africa through Catholic and Anglica and you still diss them like the worship idol or what they do is waste of time, same people that brought Christianity which you believe in, it would be appropriate if you say Christianity came to Africa through pentecostal cause the last time I checked, pentecostal was built on the stone of disobedience.
I rest my case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" / Primate Ayodele: "Buhari And Osinbajo Would Have Problem" / Man "Cured" Of HIV By Pastor Alph Lakau, Dies After Failing To Take His Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.