Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi (2695 Views)

Anambra May Not Be A True Igbo State: See Reasons / Chibuike Amechi Is My Name, I Am Igbo From Ikwere And Ikwere People Are Igbo. / Lesson For Igbo From The Outcome Of Oyo And Kwara Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
Isusugbaghada:

My brother I understand what you are saying

But he is saying it is a form of law in his place that hause are only built by indigene that stranger are not given lands by the community

We are not talking of ancestral land here

Good you directed your questions to Ebonyi people.

Others don't know about this practice..

What you explained is alien to us....and the system of land ownership also alien to us.

We don't practice such.

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by MalcoImX: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Penguin2:

The guy is from Ngbo in Ebonyi state.

They are the only people that do that rubbish in Ebonyi if not in entire Igboland.

Don’t use what he said to judge the rest of Ndigbo.
What of OBALOLASS who said it's because Igbos don't have enough land?
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Isusugbaghada: 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Good you directed your questions to Ebonyi people.

Others don't know about this practice..

What you explained is alien to us....and the system of land ownership also alien to us.

We don't practice such.

Practice such in where?

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by resourcedude: 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HEAD DEY PAIN YOU BRUH sad

IBADAN IS BIGGER THAN ALL THE SOUTH EAST COMBINED TOGETHER

NIGER STATE IS BIGGER THAN THE WHOLE SOUTH EAST

EVEN WAR RAVAGED BORNO STATE IS NOT LEFT OUT.

SO HOW DO YOU EXPECT OVER 40 MILLION DOTIANS TO SELL THEIR LAND

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU

BIGGER THAN SOUTH EAST PUT TOGETHER WITH BROWN ROOF WITHOUT BETTER INFRASTRUCTURES APART FROM THE ONE THE IGBOS BUILT.

PALASTENIA IS BIGGER THAN ISREAL 10 TIMES. BUT WHEN ISREAL SNEEZES THEY TREMBLE.
SIZE IS NOT QUALITY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Successdude(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
blues234:

You can sell lands, but not family land. In fact, if you want to buy land, to come to my village, land boku. Deeper Life was given free land to build a university in my community, they are yet to start developing it. I'm from Ebonyi.

U dey mind that i.diot op ?

He heard of sth pertaining to "a [single] community" and he came to refer it to the WHOLE IGBOS.

It has been said that no amount of evidence can convince an idiot so when I see this kinda thread that reels of dullness I just waka pass....

Not only Igbo doesn't sell to strangers, Igbo doesn't also allow strangers drive pass their main road.

Yeye op Isusugbaghada
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by mbaise1000: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
richmond500:
Reading this thing is giving me headache.

This is the reason why they are not developed because they hate investors.

If America was like this, it won't be this developed, we need to stop this our 1845BC behavior

Now you have concluded, and don't you think you are full of the same hatred you accuse the igbos of? If not, you would have checked other sources before drawing your conclusions, I am from mbaise and people are allowed to do what they want with their lands, that, that a people don't like selling their lands doesn't mean that it's against whatever law, go to owerri for another example and you will hardly find an indegene who owns a property in the city, most sold their ancestral lands and moved out, hausa have quarters in almost every city in the east, BTW did igbos force anyone to give them free land or sell to them?
And your own people that are good, how many houses and lands have you bought in other regions that agree to se l l to you, all of you can keep doing what you are doing and hating but igbos will keep doing what we are doing, we are willing to take t h e risks that none of you are afraid to take and when it pays up, your jealousy will turn to hatred, keep hating.
NONSENSE

4 Likes

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by OBALOLA55(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
resourcedude:

BIGGER THAN SOUTH EAST PUT TOGETHER WITH BROWN ROOF WITHOUT BETTER INFRASTRUCTURES APART FROM THE ONE THE IGBOS BUILT.

PALASTENIA IS BIGGER THAN ISREAL 10 TIMES. BUT WHEN ISREAL SNEEZES THEY TREMBLE.
SIZE IS NOT QUALITY.
BIA BORORO DON’T EVER QUOTE ME AGAIN angry
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Lajet: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
Almaigaa:

The truth is, the EAST is very tiny. They are aware of this facts that's why they decided not to sell their lands to none indigene. The entire land in the EAST can not accommodate all IGBOS. That's why they are mostly based outside the East.

You are ignorant if Lagos state the smallest state in Nigeria has a population of more than 20 million people why do you think that the South-East which is 10 times bigger than Lagos will not contain a 45 Million of Igbo population.

6 Likes

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Almaigaa: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lajet:

You are ignorant if the Lagos state is that is the smallest state in Nigeria have a population of more than 20 million people why do you think that the South-East which is 10 times bigger than Lagos will not contain a 45 Million of Igbo population.

South East is not 10 times bigger than the Lagos. It's only twice bigger than Lagos.

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by 2elliot: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
richmond500:

If America was like this, it won't be this developed, we need to stop this our 1845BC behavior
which part of the small dot would remain for their unborn children?
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by xelly: 12:23am On Jun 25, 2021
Okutanla1:
Op, what the guy told you is a common practice in igboland. They generally don't sell land to non-indigenes. Sometimes they implement the policy in subtly ways. They may not say it openly and candidly like the Ebonyi guy was sincere enough to, rather they will frustrate the efforts of the non-indigene to buy and take possession of the land. Some of them may deny it publicly but it is an open secret to many non-indigenes that have lived and interacted long enough with them.
So the Estate agents selling land are also selective of buyers? Stop spreading falsehood just to make comment.

How did Yorubas own land in the heart of Owerri if what you are saying is anything to go by? A known agent in Owerri, Jide Taiwo is a Yoruba guy. Stop this stupid assumptions that doesn't add up.
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by xelly: 12:34am On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:

Reading lies is giving you headache? Well, you don't have money to buy land. If you do, come and buy. The investors you are talking about, hope they have millions because land is not cheap. Some land is valued at 100million naira or more. If you think SE is not developed as par individual effort, come for tourism.

Go to Kano Municipal and search for non indigenes, not even in a rented apartment let alone to own one.

1 Like

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by EmekaA125(m): 3:32am On Jun 25, 2021
Isusugbaghada:

Have you been victim b4 ?

I am still in shock

I dont want to say what the woman selling food said after the guy have left

If this is true then I am again surprise
If you like be surprised a million times, na you Sabi. We don't sell or give land to non-Igbos in SE. Go to Borno, Yobe, Oyo and Kano to purchase as vast land as you want. Mtcheeew
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Isobug: 4:35am On Jun 25, 2021
richmond500:

Why they are not developed? Have travelled before?
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Isusugbaghada: 9:01am On Jun 25, 2021
EmekaA125:

If you like be surprised a million times, na you Sabi. We don't sell or give land to non-Igbos in SE. Go to Borno, Yobe, Oyo and Kano to purchase as vast land as you want. Mtcheeew

I will not insult Igbo's generally because of your useless talk

But I know you are a FOOL

I hope you will like it like that ?

There are lots of Igbo in my community too in edo state

I think I will find a way to convince the elders in my community being the Okaighele ( youth leader ) to adopt this system too and my target will be the Igbo's in general

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by blues234: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2021
Isusugbaghada:

I[b] think I will find a way to convince the elders in my community being the Okaighele ( youth leader ) to adopt this system too and my target will be the Igbo's in general [/b]

Your intention has been revealed. You will be a big fool, if you don't execute this your threat, that is if you are close to what you claimed. Village champion. cheesy
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Ojiofor: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2021
Isusugbaghada:

My brother I understand what you are saying

But he is saying it is a form of law in his place that hause are only built by indigene that stranger are not given lands by the community

We are not talking of ancestral land here

Such native laws may exist in villages where extended family members share ancestral land but not in urban areas or cities like Abakaliki,Afikpo and so on.And don't sell to strangers does not necessarily mean Bini,Yoruba or Hausa people they did not have such people in mind when such native laws were enacted rather anybody who is not from a particular village in Igbo land is considered a stranger(onye mba).For example,If viisit a neighbouring village from my village I am considerd a stranger in that village.
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 25, 2021
Lol.

Are you just finding out?

Igbos don't sell land to outsiders.

When we tell them they are just being accommodated in Yoruba they start protesting that they bought the land.

Ask them if they sell lands where they come from, they start looking at you like mumu.
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 25, 2021
Ojiofor:

Such native laws may exist in villages where extended family members share ancestral land but not in urban areas or cities like Abakaliki,Afikpo and so on.And don't sell to strangers does not necessarily mean Bini,Yoruba or Hausa people they did not have such people in mind when such native laws were enacted rather anybody who is not from a particular village in Igbo land is considered a stranger(onye mba).For example,If viisit a neighbouring village from my village I am considerd a stranger in that village.

So if they consider someone from the same state but different village a stranger, how much more someone from a different state, or even different ethnic group?

1 Like

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Ojiofor: 11:19am On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:

So if they consider someone from the same state but different village a stranger, how much more someone from a different state, or even different ethnic group?

You are a stranger from far away land.Let me ask you,are you considered as a citizen in any village you visited in your state and entitled to all the right meant for people of that particular village?
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Isusugbaghada:

I think I will find a way to convince the elders in my community being the Okaighele ( youth leader ) to adopt this system too and my target will be the Igbo's in general

Hungry never waya una, by the time hungry waya you and your Okaighele youth leaders nobody will tell you people before selling all your lands. Oba Atópę, Iseeee Mumu.
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:
Lol.

Are you just finding out?

Igbos don't sell land to outsiders.

When we tell them they are just being accommodated in Yoruba they start protesting that they bought the land.

Ask them if they sell lands where they come from, they start looking at you like mumu.
We're you forced to sell yours in South west? Some of you Yoruba people after selling your property and use the money to play baba Ijebu the next thing is for them to be sleeping on the roof.

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2021
Ojiofor:

You are a stranger from far away land.Let me ask you,are you considered as a citizen in any village you visited in your state and entitled to all the right meant for people of that particular village?

Now, you're going outside the scope of this topic.

You're talking about rights meant for people.

Those who sell their own lands to easterners and other outsiders in the West come be mumu then abi?

Yet we are shouting one Nigeria.

How's that even supposed to work.

Liberalism is the death of the Yorubas.
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 25, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

We're you forced to sell yours in South west? Some of you Yoruba people after selling your property and use the money to play baba Ijebu the next thing is for them to be sleeping on the roof.

Ordinarily, I don't respond to dunces.

Try the next turning.
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 11:57am On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:

Ordinarily, I don't respond to dunces.

Try the next turning.
Go and die. E pain am. Next time learn decorum and eschew tribalism.

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Paretomaster1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Dont you know Igbos are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria?

They want to have it all in other region, but will will never give same freedom to others..... Buying land in Igboland as a non Igbo is like a camel passing through niddle hole...

Reason I see their call for a separate country as a total joke....they are so arrogant about it that you will think they will never have anything to do with Nigeria if allow to go, but I assure you, they will shamessly tell u they wanna remain in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Bialegend(m): 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HEAD DEY PAIN YOU BRUH sad

IBADAN IS BIGGER THAN ALL THE SOUTH EAST COMBINED TOGETHER

NIGER STATE IS BIGGER THAN THE WHOLE SOUTH EAST

EVEN WAR RAVAGED BORNO STATE IS NOT LEFT OUT.

SO HOW DO YOU EXPECT OVER 40 MILLION DOTIANS TO SELL THEIR LAND

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU

Tell those Buffoons. They must get sense by force. No RUGA land for Igbo territories.
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by OBALOLA55(m): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
Bialegend:

All you nigerians are actually daft and dumb as we see you as. Below is a city in Israel. Watch to see how sensible people build apartment buildings where millions can live with ease. Why are the brains of all you nigerian so blocked that you can't reason out simple things? Well, I don't blame you, after all, you come from Ibadan, a city of ground floor brown roof/zinc houses. With modern skyrise buildings, South East can contain over 300million people with ease. Use your brain and think, that's what God created it for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4MisavmCVo

NETANYA - Very Beautiful City in ISRAEL

GUO IHEM DERE AGAIN, THIS TIME AROUND, READ IT SLOWLY AND THINK.

WE NOR GET LAND FOR RUGA IN IGBO LAND
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Ojiofor: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:

Those who sell their own lands to easterners and other outsiders in the West come be mumu then abi?

Nobody mumu anything go to Owerri,Enugu,Aba,Umuahia,Awka,Onitsha Abakaliki,Okigwe,Orlu etc...Go to any real estate agent for land nobody gonna ask for your tribe before selling to you.But if you want to buy land in any Igbo village you may encounter some problems like other Igbos.And if you don't have some rights in another village in your state that means you are a stranger there.It is universal not just in Igboland.
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Bialegend(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:

What liberalism? Did any Igbo force you yorubas to buy lands from you or took over your lands by force?
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Bialegend(m): 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
ruggedtimi:
My mother's town in rivers state don't sell land to strangers.
What's the name of your mother's town in Rivers state?
Re: Is This True Igbo's From Ebonyi by Bialegend(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
All you nigerians are actually daft and dumb as we see you as. Below is a city in Israel. Watch to see how sensible people build apartment buildings where millions can live with ease. Why are the brains of all you nigerian so blocked that you can't reason out simple things? Well, I don't blame you, after all, you come from Ibadan, a city of ground floor brown roof/zinc houses. With modern skyrise buildings, South East can contain over 300million people with ease. Nigerians, use your brains to think, that's what God created it for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4MisavmCVo

NETANYA - Very Beautiful City in ISRAEL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Tagged Me UGM And Opened Fire On My Car - Pastor Ohiagu(pic&video) / Unknown gunmen are doing our job IPOB finally opens up PHOTOS / A New Militant Group, ‘biafran Motherland Warrior’, Has Emerged In The Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.