Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,177 members, 7,953,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike (7745 Views)

Save Us; Flour Companies Are Killing Our Businesses, Bakers Beg FG / Kano Bakers Threaten Strike Over BUA Group, IRS, Others Flour Price Hike / Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by sdav: 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
DAutoDiagnosis:
Not just flour, everything is now expensive. Na people in the service industry bearing the brunt the most. No more spare cash, Nigerians are barely surviving

This is so true. The first things on the list for everyone now are the essentials.

May God help us

bulk-sms.ng For your bulk SMS services

1 Like

Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by MrCliff(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ahhh... So I no see gurasa chop like this undecided undecided
This kwantri is getting more interesting by de day lipsrsealed
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Rickywardell332: 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
Strike everywhere..I have 2 plots of land in Rivers state Etche LGA Umuechem . Its located in a good site and close to the road . This place is good for fish farming and poultry. Its still a developing area. You can also buy and build. I have 4 plots in total there I want to sell 2 to develop the other. If you are in Rivers state or you need land in this location. Feel free to contact me 090 79423 938. The price is good am in distress so this a distress sale. A plot 1m if you want to buy the 2plots 1.8M . I await interested buyers. Thanks
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Babalegba(m): 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
aspabay:

Lai is not as usueless as you are
Lie Mohammed is a geriatric useless individual.Dont be so shameless.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
It is very good. Let there be no flour to make bread at all. Those that called themselves Nigerians by supporting evil, you will never escape no matter what. The vulture bbq grill is feeling the heat already.

Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by aspabay(m): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
Babalegba:
Lie Mohammed is a geriatric useless individual.Dont be so shameless.
What makes him useless, I bet you have no answer, you are just mindless and gullible social media follower.

He is still miles ahead of your entire generation.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Babalegba(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
aspabay:

What makes him useless, I bet you have no answer, you are just mindless and gullible social media follower.

He is still miles ahead of your entire generation.
He is useless because he disseminates false information and makes it difficult for the nation to see,face and grapple with the truth so that the nation can move forward. He is not somebody I would like to emulate,in fact I were like him ,I would be depressed continually.I like straight plain forthright people.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by aspabay(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
Babalegba:
He is useless because he disseminates false information and makes it difficult for the nation to see,face and grapple with the truth so that the nation can move forward. He is not somebody I would like to emulate,in fact I were like him ,I would be depressed continually.I like straight plain forthright people.

You took the bait.

Now point to me one false information he disseminated.

Also show me how he makes it difficult for the nation to see, face or grapple with the truth, whatever that means.

Except you are just a band wagon follower without any sense of your own
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by vickydevoka(m): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Babalegba(m): 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
aspabay:

You took the bait.

Now point to me one false information he disseminated.

Also show me how he makes it difficult for the nation to see, face or grapple with the truth, whatever that means.

Except you are just a band wagon follower without any sense of your own
Your tenacity in defending the indefensible arouses suspicion. I hope you are not one of those traitorous Nigerian youths betraying their generation for 30k a month whitewashing the many avoidable inadequacies of the government. Can you kindly tell me one truthful thing the man has said on difficult Nigerian situations in the past two years. I remember the man saying that end SARS protesters caused the current high food prices in Nigeria despite the fact that even a fool could see the imminent famine caused by the herdsmen and bandits.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
Curious345:
Buhari DESTROYed Nigeria

Shuuut de Hell, You Zombies destroyed yourselves....
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
WibusJaga:
This bread issue should be addressed urgently.
Bread that used to sell N400 some months back is now N700. cry

I was hoping to hear It has gotten to N1000....
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by aspabay(m): 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
Babalegba:
Your tenacity in defending the indefensible arouses suspicion. I hope you are not one of those traitorous Nigerian youths betraying their generation for 30k a month whitewashing the many avoidable inadequacies of the government. Can you kindly tell me one truthful thing the man has said on difficult Nigerian situations in the past two years. I remember the man saying that end SARS protesters caused the current high food prices in Nigeria despite the fact that even a fool could see the imminent famine caused by the herdsmen and bandits.

There you go again, basing your arguments on useless lies. I will be surprised if you went to any higher institution because no one who has a head for thinking at a level beyond the pedestrian talks will believe that anyone is paid 30k to say things the way they are.

By the way, I am an employer of labor and I meet ignorant folks like you everyday.

Back to the question I asked you, you have not answered anyone, just beating around the bush as expected.

I ask again, mention and lies he allegedly told and how he made Nigerians not to 'see, face or grapple with the truth'?
I am waiting
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by chaloskyx: 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
YOU GUYS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR BUBU YOUR BROTHER YOU ALL SHOULD BE SHOT AND ARRESTED BY THE DSS AND NIGERIAN ARMY FOR SPEAKING OUT AND CHALLENGING THE GOVT BUNCH OF DISRESPECTFUL PPL EHEN EVEN IF FLOUR IS 2M UNDER BUBU YOU MUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT JUST LIKE TWITTER FG NEEDS TO REGULATE PEOPLES RIGHT TO PROTEST
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Babalegba(m): 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
aspabay:

There you go again, basing your arguments on useless lies. I will be surprised if you went to any higher institution because no one who has a head for thinking at a level beyond the pedestrian talks will believe that anyone is paid 30k to say things the way they are.

By the way, I am an employer of labor and I meet ignorant folks like you everyday.

Back to the question I asked you, you have not answered anyone, just beating around the bush as expected.

I ask again, mention and lies he allegedly told and how he made Nigerians not to 'see, face or grapple with the truth'?
I am waiting
Look at the last paragraph of my previous reply,not every point has to be labeled and signposted after all you passed jamb.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by aspabay(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Babalegba:
Look at the last paragraph of my previous reply,not every point has to be labeled and signposted after all you passed jamb.

Are you sure you wrote JAMB and don't know what a paragraph is?

That aside, show me where he said that. A link, video, anything.
Even if there is (of course I know is fake), is that enough to call him useless? How about a supposedly literate who doesn't know what a paragraph is?
Get away olodo
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Saintinoo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2021
InfoNow:

https://witnessngr.com/kano-bakers-threaten-indefinite-strike-over-bua-group-irs-others-flour-price-hike/
Haahahaha anybody who stays in the North will really understand this, that is the problem with ndi Hausa, they practice a kind of economics that is really backward, reason why Nigeria is in this state...

How on earth will you ask a company to review it price back to the old price. What happened to free market and the 'invisible hand' of free market, their threat should go to the federal government to correct the economic downturn in the country so cost of production can reduce. But they rather accuse companies of hiking prices instead of blaming Buhari.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by amokeme(f): 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
The kosai i bought yesterday were so tiny, and the seller complained bitterly about the price hike of beans... everything is just expensive.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by InfoNow: 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kano bakers threaten indefinite strike over BUA Group, IRS, others flour price hike

Barely one week after they called off a three-day warning strike, bread makers and Gurasa Bakers Association of Kano state has threatened to embark on indefinite strike if BUA Group, IRS, Super and Golden Confectionery fail to reverse the price of flour.

Gurasa is a Kano indigenous local bread made up of flour that serves as one of delicacies used by Hausa people in the state.

The association, through its Chairperson, Fatima Auwalu, on Wednesday said nothing has changed since they called off the warning strike, prompting them to embark on indefinite industrial action until authorities and stakeholders do the needful.

According to Mrs Auwalu, all Gurasa bakers in the state are counting losses due to the recurring increase in the price of flour, which is the major ingredient for making of one of the local staple foods.

The Chairperson pointed out that not long ago, the price of flour was N9,500 but now it has reached N16,200, calling on the companies to reverse the price to N9,000 or shutdown the business.

She further lamented that a part from the increase in the price of flour, the quality of the product has been reduced, saying, “this has negatively impacted our business.”

“Since calling off the warning strike, we thought the price would reduce, but to our dismay, the price is rather going up day by day.

” The three-day strike had inflicted hardship on us and our customers, but we could not do anything to resolve this problem but to take industrial action in order to draw the attention of the authorities concerned to bring lasting solution to the problem.

Mrs Auwalu added that the association had decided to call off the strike because of the intervention of the Kano state Commissioner of Police and other agencies.

“We normally use IRS flour, BUA, Golden Confectionery and Super Flour. These are the only three brands that we used always. But we’re in a difficult situation because our business has become the shadow of its former self due to the hike on the price of the flour.

https://witnessngr.com/kano-bakers-threaten-indefinite-strike-over-bua-group-irs-others-flour-price-hike/
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Lordswat(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
But by every AGOYIN BEANS that follows suit
Brownoctopus:
Man shall not live by bread alone
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Babalegba(m): 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
aspabay:

Are you sure you wrote JAMB and don't know what a paragraph is?

That aside, show me where he said that. A link, video, anything.
Even if there is (of course I know is fake), is that enough to call him useless? How about a supposedly literate who doesn't know what a paragraph is?
Get away olodo
I'd rather be an olodo than be a traitor to my Nigerian generation supporting those impoverishing my fellow Nigerians
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by aspabay(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
Babalegba:
I'd rather be an olodo

You are already an olodo. Period
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Babalegba(m): 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
aspabay:

You are already an olodo. Period
You are too childish.I would not have engaged with you if I'd known about your pediatric mentality.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by aspabay(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Babalegba:
You are too childish.I would not have engaged with you if I'd known about your pediatric mentality.

Lolzzz see this kid talking to me about being childish. I don't blame you. NK is a leveler. No run off my mention.

Simple question I asked you, yet you couldn't give any answer.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by grandstar(m): 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
What made the price of flour jump so high by over 60%?The Naira's fall was like 30%. There's no correlation
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Blue3k(m): 1:11am On Jun 25, 2021
grandstar:
What made the price of flour jump so high by over 60%?The Naira's fall was like 30%. There's no correlation

Lol dont act like you don't know. All these inflationary spikes in food can easily be traced back to monetary policy as well protectionist import substitution policy.

Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by grandstar(m): 1:36am On Jun 25, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol dont act like you don't know. All these inflationary spikes in food can easily be traced back to monetary policy as well protectionist import substitution policy.

I honestly did not know about the forex controls related to wheat and sugar.

This is literally a death sentence.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Blue3k(m): 2:23am On Jun 25, 2021
grandstar:

I honestly did not know about the forex controls related to wheat and sugar.

This is literally a death sentence.

Yeah but these are the policies people vote for. I dont even see why they're striking like that will do anything. Just wait till the do it with fish as they've been forecasting. People simply have to learn the hard way when it comes to bad economic policies but that takes time since alot don't connect previous policies. Its like everything happens in a vacuum.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by grandstar(m): 3:05am On Jun 25, 2021
Blue3k:

Yeah but these are the policies people vote for. I dont even see why they're striking like that will do anything. Just wait till the do it with fish as they've been forecasting. People simply have to learn the hard way when it comes to bad economic policies but that takes time since alot don't connect previous policies. Its like everything happens in a vacuum.

Extending it to fish is suicidal.

It's like asking peeps to eat cake if there's no bread. It's even rumored the French queen never said that. Yet, it may be what we'll be witnessing very soon.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Higgies(m): 5:18am On Jun 25, 2021
Curious345:
Sad.
Am on the verge of opening a mini bakery of 200 laoves a day.

But bad economy management by Buhari and the Fulani financial cartels have dealt a blow to my noble dreams .

Allow the Igbo manage the economy ,Fulani handle defence,Hausa handle agriculture,yuroba handle information.

This is how it's been from the start .

But BUHARI's nepotism will not allow things to continue the way it was

Sick

Yoruba handle education you meant.
Re: Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike by Babalegba(m): 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
aspabay:

Lolzzz see this kid talking to me about being childish. I don't blame you. NK is a leveler. No run off my mention.

Simple question I asked you, yet you couldn't give any answer.
Lai Mohammed is useless and it shows.I didn't have time for you yesterday as I had to discuss the harmonic structure of Shostakovich's 10th with some friends.Your childish Nigerian attempt to deflect away from Lai Mohammed's uselessness with that mindless furore about sentences and paragraphs is extremely childish but Nigerian in nature after all the average Nigerian chases
shadows all his life and at best is a superstitious self inflated mediocrity living meaningless unimportant lives with achievements you'll need a microscope to observe in the real world but is enormous to the man and to Nigerians due to their propensity to celebrate mediocrity. From now on, I will preface and append my posts with "Lai Mohammed is useless" because he lied about the true cause of the current food crisis in Nigeria and tried to shift the blame away from the killer herdsmen and bandits. Lai Mohammed is useless.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls / Massive Investment In Igboland Begins! / Today Dollar To Naira Black Rarket Rate,may 6th 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.