Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

Get Out Of The Box Business Ideas - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Get Out Of The Box Business Ideas (188 Views)

Think Outside The Box, Production Is A Lucrative Business / Any New Business Ideas? / Looking For Business Ideas (preferably Manufacturing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Out Of The Box Business Ideas by Samwils: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Okay, I'm Tom Samuel and I've spent half of my life wondering what people think when they think of starting a provision store where there are more provision stores in the said street than the city put together.. and you try to understand the thoughts behind that, they're not offering products for cheaper prices or discounted rates, they sell same products as the other stores infact the moment the other stores don't have a certain product you want to buy, you find out they don't also have it.. so what's the point?

Here's where I come in, I provide complete fail safe business strategies and ideas, wanna start a business you have the capital but don't know what to go into? I'll help you with that

You'll see folks out there with lots of funds but ignorant of highly lucrative businesses to go into...

Here's a little story:
I'm a writer and 6 months ago I made over 30k writing in a month, yes I know it's little but I was the cause of that as I was too lazy to write articles, I'd rather spend my time hanging with friends and this particular girl close to a junction near my house. So I made this 30k and all the sudden I thought I was all rich, note I'm 20 years, I'll be 21 this year though..

Back to the story, it wasn't up to two weeks I had spent half the money, 12k in school for sorting 6k each, and got myself a few clothes.
And then came the worry, I had wasted all my cash!!! And the following month seemed like there were no writing jobs for me, no client was hiring and I barely saw a writing gig ad on Nairaland, literature section to be precise.. so I thought to myself, what if I could start an offline business with less capital and less exposure? Hmmm.. well I thought of running errands for a price which would include, house cleaning, Grocery shopping, bills payment and everything that was seen as an errand I'd gladly do it as far as my pay was assured; betterstill, I'd be my own boss..

That was the thought, so I came up with a great business plan and showed it to my elder brother who runs a lot of self owned offline businesses; he's a music producer, a pianist, teaches music in two montessori schools here in Calabar and also owns a barbing salon, a match viewing center and a mini eatery where they run barbeques and drinks..

He said," well this is a great idea," and continued down the business plan to where I included the intended price rate for my services, and he was amused as I wrote N300 for every 30 minute errand I completed, and he was like," is this price for your transportation?" And I said it was my price for offering the services, he laughed it off and I told him I chose that price cause I thought no one would afford paying more for just errands!!! He said," first, you need to know your target audience, it's not gonna be running errands for just anyone but people who are ready to pay you your worth!" He proceeded to saying he once cleaned a house for someone and got paid 13k, 3k for the cleaning materials and 10k for his service.

Wow! 10k just to clean?? And he didn't clean for any shabby person, but a rich dude who owns a house in Satellite town here in Calabar.. well at that point I decided I was going to focus more on cleaning.

So I got home, and that night I used up all my 965 mb worth of data to watch as well as download youtube tutorials on house cleaning, hacks and all..

Broke up my saving box and went on straight to buy a few items I needed which included;

- A mob( utilized one of our house mob)
- Bucket( also got this from one of my mums' many occasion souvenirs)
- Microfiber towel( had this at home also)
- Baking soda( got from the market at a pretty discounted rate as people didn't really patronise this so the old man had to sell me a whole lot for a little price with a beaming smile on his face)
- White vinegar( got from a chemical store at the U.J Esuene stadium here in Calabar)
- Lemon essential oil ( sourced for this)
- Spray bottles( sourced for this around, already had 1 at home so I got two more from a friend)
- Hydrogen peroxide ( from the chemical store)
Antibacterial liquid soaps

Got home, that night I spent the whole night telling my influential friends who I concluded will have contacts of people who needed my services and my post was all round their whatsapp status update that night.. took a whole week but I finally got a client who paid 7k to clean his apartment which was unoccupied due to the fact he was out of the state for months.

So he paid and advance 2k for the items I needed, and will complete when I finished the cleaning.. so I went there did my job, showed him a before and after shot I took when he was back and he was amazed at the work I did, he made a transfer of 6k, 1k extra for my transport fare, I thanked him and left..

That's how I started an offline business and now I get 2-3 clients most weeks and I make 10-20k every week cleaning, cause that first client also referred me to other folks too ( that's why it's good to do a great job!)

Well that's pretty much it, well I have a few more no brainier business ideas, it really doesn't have to be cryptocurrencies, forex, blogging, provision stores (LMAO) or anything ordinary, besides I know how to trade forex and can constantly make 10-30 dollars a day, I can also show proves when you message me but that's not the point.
Think outside the box, find out what people need and provide that! That's the way to really make money...

I leave in the streets, so I get to eavesdrop on people's weird but amazing business ideas.. like someone in my street sells fuel from his mini van..
Whenever you get stuck on the road cause you ran out of fuel you give him a call and he comes with a fuel hose and fills you up, weird ideas right??

Well feel free to dm on WhatsApp I'll be glad to have a conversation with you regarding your business plan or ideas.

Also leave your comments below!

I can give you professional advice and counseling if you don't mind and it's all for free, plus business ideas!! All you need do is contact

(1) (Reply)

Cashew Farmland Investment / Most Reliable Crypto Trading Bot,you Should Know. / G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.