Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging (14305 Views)

David Hundeyin: Tinubu Has Links To Street Gangs And Drug Cartels / Ban On Street Begging Forces Almajiri To Dumpsites In Kano / The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by uzomakanaki(m): 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
They all have voters card as you see them tongue
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by BigDawsNet: 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
adedehinbo:
why is it the duty of the oyo govt to cater for beggars from,niger,borno and the entire north?if I have my way,I will park all of them and dump back to kano

The duty of the Oyo state government and the rest of the state of Nigeria is to Serve as the state's chief executive officer and oversees the functions of the executive branch of government...which include providing .. provision of basic social amenities to Nigerian citizens and Foreigner to some extent...

all I'm trying to say is that we have couple of African immigrant here in the US which American gov provide them some basic needs... Tho we can't compare Nigeria with the US...

So if Oyo state gov can try a little for them...it will be fine...if they are not satisfied then you deport them ....
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by BigDawsNet: 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
adedehinbo:
why is it the duty of the oyo govt to cater for beggars from,niger,borno and the entire north?if I have my way,I will park all of them and dump back to kano

The duty of the Oyo state government and the rest of the state of Nigeria is to Serve as the state's chief executive officer and oversees the functions of the executive branch of government...which include providing .. provision of basic social amenities to Nigerian citizens and Foreigner to some extent...

all I'm trying to say is that we have couple of African immigrant here in the US which American gov provide them some basic needs... Tho we can't compare Nigeria with the US...

So if Oyo state gov can try a little for them...it will be fine...if they are not satisfied them you deport them ....
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by bjtinz: 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
Focusmind:
They should come and remove the ones at Badore/Ado road, Ajah. I still wonder who gives these women belle.

I pity those innocent kids. You are already handicapped and begging for survival and yet, you went ahead to get pregnant, compounding your problems even more. They should all be charged for child abuse. I have no sympathy to give.

@bolded, as in!! Na that one dey vex me pass anything. It aches my heart to no end when I see those young children being brought into a world of suffer.

However it's worth nothing some of those women might have been impregnated against their wish, possibly even raped. . .
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by kilonshele101(m): 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
Jonathan39:
Focus on oyo beggars, don't shift the goal post . grin

I read the whole stuff again, didn't see anywhere where a football field was mentioned.

I recommend you see a doctor. Talk to someone.
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by Plut01: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Nuelito:
Local man is just speechless on top dx matter

But if some of them can be enrolled into various vocational sphere where they can acquire skills...it will be better for both them and the government

But the problem here is that begging have eaten deep into most of them that they cannot even keep up with the skill acquisition idea cos begging looks easy for some of them

You don't know these people. They have master who collects some shares from their daily gains. Many of them have built houses from Begging.

I doubt if they can change because last time I heard some people up North even pay these masters to transport them to the south to do begging.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by adedehinbo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
BigDawsNet:

So if Oyo state gov can try a little for them...it will be fine...if they are not satisfied them you deport them ....
I just like the option of deportation, many of those foreigners,enters into Nigeria illegally,so they don't deserve to be treated special,they are just defacing the state and dragging it backward

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by Jonathan39: 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
You lack comprehension, your brain needs to be examined grin
kilonshele101:

I read the whole stuff again, didn't see anywhere where a football field was mentioned.

I recommend you see a doctor. Talk to someone.
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by 9jaRealist: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
TruthHurts1:
http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/24/oyo-beggars-flout-governments-order-return-street-begging

I only feel sorry for the innocent KIDS…
Some of these folks should CASTRATE themselves!

>
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by samsongbemisola(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
Begging to them is generational. Imagine a begger having babies, the children instead of going to school they will start begging as early as age two. They will grow without any education and skills to earn legitimate source of living thus giving them the only option to go into begging or join banditry or terrorism. The Almagiri system in the North exploded to the terrorism n banditry. This is a big problem.
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by EngtTemmy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
osuofia2:
I THOUGHT THEY SAID IT IS ONLY NORTHERNERS THAT BEGS.

They are Northerners
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by sulaak(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
obembet:
If you give fulani begger #20M, they will still go back to street. I think They have different agenda

To beg you for another N20million, stop giving money to beggars! They will soon learn that the streets are not paved with generosity
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by ultimatekint(m): 9:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
Who is the boldest Governor Oyo State has ever had ?
Re: Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging by brainhgeek(m): 7:42am On Jun 25, 2021
osuofia2:
I THOUGHT THEY SAID IT IS ONLY NORTHERNERS THAT BEGS.
You have not visited Ibadan. The beggars are 99.9% northerners. The worst is that they give birth in that condition and inaugurate their children into the act. They have made it into a business. Laziness stinks in that community. I DO NOT give alms to the begging kids. I'ld rather pay their school fees than contribute to child abuse by giving them money when they come begging.
The state gvt is my hero for this move. I hope he goes further by doing a census of the beggars and tell them to stop reproducing if they do not make a decent living and start going to school. He should also build a school for their kids and employ non-hausa, fulani teachers for the fear of islamic indoctrination.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu / Mimiko Is A Traitor & Betrayer - Tinubu / Ordinary Nigerians Not Among Those Saying ‘Bring Back Corruption’ - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.