Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Has Your Fiancéé Or Girlfriend Ever Told You This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Your Fiancéé Or Girlfriend Ever Told You This (684 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your Fiancéé Or Girlfriend Ever Told You This by SirWhiteFish: 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
At a point, I had a lady I was with with the intention of starting a family. And normally if you dating and intend to be serious with it, there are certain questions you'll want to ask.

The lady's mum is a full time house wife and has a shop which was just outside their house. So I get to see the mum more often. And way more often than the Dad who is only at home 1 week in a month or sometimes, 3 days in a month.

I kept asking her for a long time what job her dad does for a living. But She somehow finds a way to wriggle out of answering that question.
Until one day she told me she didn't like what her Dad does for a living. (I actually later find out what the Dad did for a living and to me it wasn't that bad).

To top it off, I knew she didn't like the Dad and didn't much respect him. As much as I liked her, I just couldn't continue. Also she later told me too that she did not like what I did for a living.

sometimes when I think about it I feel I could have handled it better. Was there even anything to handle?

Has your girlfriend or Fiancéé ever told you she didn't like what her dad does for a living or tried to hide what her parents does for a living?
Re: Has Your Fiancéé Or Girlfriend Ever Told You This by Hathor5(f): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
So what did her dad do for a living now?

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Fiancéé Or Girlfriend Ever Told You This by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Well seems she's still a small girl because such behavior is common among small or immature girls.

Even if the father or her man is a security guard, a mature girl will not deny her man or dislike what he does provided it's a source through which they get money for the sustainance and maintenance of the home in the meantime pending when something better comes up.

Ive seen former bank managers turning their cars to kabukabu after they lost their jobs just to make ends meet.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Fiancéé Or Girlfriend Ever Told You This by Smile4mee01: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
SirWhiteFish:
At a point, I had a lady I was with with the intention of starting a family. And normally if you dating and intend to be serious with it, there are certain questions you'll want to ask.

The lady's mum is a full time house wife and has a shop which was just outside their house. So I get to see the mum more often. And way more often than the Dad who is only at home 1 week in a month or sometimes, 3 days in a month.

I kept asking her for a long time what job her dad does for a living. But She somehow finds a way to wriggle out of answering that question.
Until one day she told me she didn't like what her Dad does for a living. (I actually later find out what the Dad did for a living and to me it wasn't that bad).

To top it off, I knew she didn't like the Dad and didn't much respect him. As much as I liked her, I just couldn't continue. Also she later told me too that she did not like what I did for a living.

sometimes when I think about it I feel I could have handled it better. Was there even anything to handle?

Has your girlfriend or Fiancéé ever told you she didn't like what her dad does for a living or tried to hide what her parents does for a living?

Hmnnn.

Thread with caution.

The relationship of a lady with her Father means a lot, That is almost how she would treat you in the future. Maybe this is a sign from God.

Though you did not mention the profession of the Father. even if the Father is an Okada Man. I don't think she is matured enough to understand the burden of Fatherhood, husband. A man has to do what he has to do. She does not like what her Dad does for a living, however, he may have been responsible for raising her to this point where you met her.

Girls like these make Fatherhood a thankless Job, ungrateful for the sacrifices of her father. May we not have ungrateful children.

Maybe its best for both of you to let her go with someone she likes their profession?

But last last Pray about it. Na God sure pass.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Fiancéé Or Girlfriend Ever Told You This by anthonyuncle(m): 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
she don't respect her dad - that's bad.
but she may have her reasons.

btw, what is it that her dad does for a living?

and what do you also do for a living that she doesn't like?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

help!! I Want To Buy An Uncompleted Building from a young man / How I Singlehandedly Destroyed My Family! / Is Marriage Still A Blessing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.