Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

$430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB (24610 Views)

The Enugu - Cameroon Highway Project Completed Under The Buhari Administration / Ikpeazu Secures $430 Million Deal For Enyimba Economic City / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
This project should be cancel I have my reasons.

your reason or your reasons are inconsequential
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by woleabayo(f): 8:13am On Jun 25, 2021
ok..............cotonu and Nigeria high way nko
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
This project should be cancel I have my reasons.
... Forward your reasons to # The office of AFDB . Not Online office of Nairaland grin
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Guyman02: 8:15am On Jun 25, 2021
Mynd44:
This road must be for Buhari's Nieces and Nephews in Cameroon.
You can say this here, but if the Biafrans counter you now you go ban their monikers.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Guyman02: 8:18am On Jun 25, 2021
Kosoco:
Even mod like you dey spew this trash..... No wonder Naira land is like this..... Bigotry comments
He bans accounts of people who are pro Biafra here, the most biased Mod on Nairaland
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by 10mobile: 8:18am On Jun 25, 2021
Mynd44:
This shading doesn't make sense because the project is not being undertaken by Buhari’s Admin. But the rail line to Niger is being undertaken by the FG when most of Nigeria is not yet linked to the rail system. Let's stop supporting evil in this country if we don't want our unborn generations to live in the curse of misery.

2 Likes

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:19am On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

Yeah, they construct roads for free all over Africa because they are father Xmas.
It's their intervention project a kind of corporate Social responsibility. Did you read anywhere that they gave Nigeria or Cameroon government loan for the project?

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by psucc(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2021
Dmerix:
This shouldn't be coming in a time when we are batting with insecurity because of weak borders

Abeg Jari I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

MY Contact Here
https://www.nairaland.com/dmerix
And you feel anybody need a logo in this economic meltdown?

Na who logo epp

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Guyman02: 8:21am On Jun 25, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Nairaland needs to find a way to get intellectual comments on front page as it is showing that most comments there are from people who know nothing.

First, AfDB is bank of Africa, so Nigeria is not responsible for financing it. It is a goodnews. I do not agree with Buhari, but on the issue of fixing Adesina as the president of the Bank.....this is the dividend. And Cameroun is benefiting from it too. Of course, instead of Ibos to be happy that it connects Enugu, read comments above. If AfDB had chosen Calabar to Bakassi to Cameroon what would they have done? Even if its a single lane, and so what? So, you expect AfDB to go build 10 lanes there? Not a major road oooo. But a new road just to connecting the two nations. If ecommerce is boosted as predicted, then, the road can be expanded. What if the prediction is not achieved? Na wa oooo. It is good to be educated. And going to school does not guarantee sound education with the comments on the front page these days.

The one I am angry about is the railway from Kano to Niger. That one is with Nigerian money. And Buhari is doing it cos of selfish interest. They want to network with Niger just in case Nigeria breaks, and they are borrowing money which Nigerians are responsible for. And guess what? Highway for bandits and terrorists created... That project, I am partially against it. I can only pray that the next president cancels the project no matter how far this administration has gone with the project. It must not be a burden on us. Niger needs to contribute too. And if Niger doesnt, the project should be killed. Except there is something good about the project I am presently not seeing I can have a positive attitude towards it. Maybe someone can educate me here.

But this one here is a goodnews. And again Buhari pushed Ngozi Iweala as Director General of WTO. I think maybe Buhari has good luck with having good brains around him. Even in 1983 to 85, Tunde Idiagbom was the brain behind almost everything. For Buhari to have pushed Adeshina ad AfDB number one, and Iweala as WTO number 1 is huge. This is the dividend. Even Iweala is moving trades toward Nigeria seriously.

Maybe Buhari is not lucky with brains around him....Perhaps, he is gifted in appointing them. Cos Jonathan failed to land the same Ngozi Okokjo-Iweala Ngozi rhe World Bank President in 2014. I forgeotz there is Amina Muhammed, the deputy secretary general of UN too - also appointed during Buhari's time. Can I say Jonathan is not lucky with the people he appointed? Or he is just not good with appointing good brains? Hmmmmm

Now, we need to also fix power. If Nigeria can fix power, that is it. We will get huge share of businesses (production) US moves to China. And we put security in place. I swear, Americans will set up manufacturing industries here. Labor is cheap here, so there is no need to invest in robotic technology for now. This is what rich nation wants.

Guys, as tough as it is, Nigeria has a huge opportunity here. I just pray we are able to make use of it.

Corruption is our own enemy.
You made no much sense with this epistle, at what time did Igbos condemn the project, you displayed your bigotry while trying to sound like a nationalist.

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by AchalugoNwa(f): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2021
Kosoco:
Even mod like you dey spew this trash..... No wonder Naira land is like this..... Bigotry comments
honestly I blame Seun
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:25am On Jun 25, 2021
YEARS AGO, AS I SAW A BUS CARRYING CAMEROUNIANS AND WENT TO THEM, THEY WERE EXCITED TO HEAR ME SPEAK FRENCH. THEY WERE ON THEIR WAY TO COTONOU FOR CONVENTION AND ASKED ME IF THE JOURNEY TO COTONOU FROM ENUGU WAS GOING TO TAKE THEM UP TO 4 HOURS. I LOOKED AT THEIR BUS WITH THE HEAVY LOADS AND ASKED THEM IF THEY DIDNT STUDY MAP BEFORE EMBARKING ON THE JOURNEY. AFRAID WHEN I TOLD THE DISTANCE BETWEEN ENUGU LAGOS, NOT TO MENTION CROSSING SEME BORDER AND HOW MANY DAYS IT WAS GOING TO TAKE THE OLD BUS THEY WERE TRAVELLING WIT TO GET TO LAGOS, THEY ALMOST WEPT. EFFORTS SHOULD BE MADE TO ALSO EDUCATE PEOPLE ON LAND TRAVELS BETWEEN NATIONS TO AVOID THINGS LIKE THIS.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Conrod: 8:28am On Jun 25, 2021
Mynd44:
Or for army tanks from paul biya.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by seunmsg(m): 8:28am On Jun 25, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Where did you read that loan was given for the project? It's AfDB intervention projects.

AFDB is a bank and not a charity organization. They don’t do intervention projects. It’s a loan and Nigeria will pay back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by CsRockefeller(m): 8:33am On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

So, who will pay back the loan?

The level of ignorance on this app is really appalling.

I'm reading through the comments and I'm just SMH, at SS2, I wouldn't have even been this ignorant.

Many Nigerians are just empty, that's why they keep in voting empty heads into political offices because they do not understand that AFDB is an institution that promotes growth and development in Africa through loans and subventions (especially if it's a capital infrastructure project)

Nairalanders! Nigeria is still gonna repay their share of the $430m, y'all should get informed and stop spewing trash.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Conrod: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2021
Pack up that ur business,there is insecurity ,go and join the girls guild.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by BigBashiru: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2021
Ppogbae:
430 million?!?! Is the road paved with solar panels and lined with amenities on the side?

i agree oh the amount is too much even if its 1000km.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:33am On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

And you actually think AFDB is doing the road for free? You think it’s a gift to Nigeria?
You guys really need to learn how these international finance agencies work. [/b]The bank is financing the project but it’s a loan that will be paid back by the countries involved[b].

They never said that the 430m dollar project is a loan to Nigeria to improve her physical infrastructure....

[/b]citing that the project was part of its 16billion dollar worth of projects in West Africa alone[b]

You said that's a loan that will be paid back by the countries involved.... Can you prove it?

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Elfaris(m): 8:35am On Jun 25, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Nairaland needs to find a way to get intellectual comments on front page as it is showing that most comments there are from people who know nothing.

First, AfDB is bank of Africa, so Nigeria is not responsible for financing it. It is a goodnews. I do not agree with Buhari, but on the issue of fixing Adesina as the president of the Bank.....this is the dividend. And Cameroun is benefiting from it too. Of course, instead of Ibos to be happy that it connects Enugu, read comments above. If AfDB had chosen Calabar to Bakassi to Cameroon what would they have done? Even if its a single lane, and so what? So, you expect AfDB to go build 10 lanes there? Not a major road oooo. But a new road just to connecting the two nations. If ecommerce is boosted as predicted, then, the road can be expanded. What if the prediction is not achieved? Na wa oooo. It is good to be educated. And going to school does not guarantee sound education with the comments on the front page these days.

The one I am angry about is the railway from Kano to Niger. That one is with Nigerian money. And Buhari is doing it cos of selfish interest. They want to network with Niger just in case Nigeria breaks, and they are borrowing money which Nigerians are responsible for. And guess what? Highway for bandits and terrorists created... That project, I am partially against it. I can only pray that the next president cancels the project no matter how far this administration has gone with the project. It must not be a burden on us. Niger needs to contribute too. And if Niger doesnt, the project should be killed. Except there is something good about the project I am presently not seeing I can have a positive attitude towards it. Maybe someone can educate me here.

But this one here is a goodnews. And again Buhari pushed Ngozi Iweala as Director General of WTO. I think maybe Buhari has good luck with having good brains around him. Even in 1983 to 85, Tunde Idiagbom was the brain behind almost everything. For Buhari to have pushed Adeshina ad AfDB number one, and Iweala as WTO number 1 is huge. This is the dividend. Even Iweala is moving trades toward Nigeria seriously.

Maybe Buhari is not lucky with brains around him....Perhaps, he is gifted in appointing them. Cos Jonathan failed to land the same Ngozi Okokjo-Iweala Ngozi rhe World Bank President in 2014. I forgeotz there is Amina Muhammed, the deputy secretary general of UN too - also appointed during Buhari's time. Can I say Jonathan is not lucky with the people he appointed? Or he is just not good with appointing good brains? Hmmmmm

Now, we need to also fix power. If Nigeria can fix power, that is it. We will get huge share of businesses (production) US moves to China. And we put security in place. I swear, Americans will set up manufacturing industries here. Labor is cheap here, so there is no need to invest in robotic technology for now. This is what rich nation wants.

Guys, as tough as it is, Nigeria has a huge opportunity here. I just pray we are able to make use of it.

Corruption is our own enemy.

for the Kano-Maradi rail network, the project is important for Nigeria because Niger has discovered a huge amount of crude oil. And normally, since they are landlocked, they've mostly traded their goods with the rest of the world and accessed the sea through Benin republic. So instead of that continuing, Nigeria wants to take advantage so that Niger can access the sea through Nigeria and pay Nigeria huge sums of money yearly. It's a win-win situation for both country. I hope you get it now.

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by focus7: 8:37am On Jun 25, 2021
If this project is handled by Nigeria government now you will see them quoting $400billions
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Piggyyeaster1: 8:38am On Jun 25, 2021
Kosoco:
if you don't like what he posted you can go and kpeme

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by SmartPolician: 8:38am On Jun 25, 2021
Factfinder1:
We waste money on soo many useless projects in this country

Adeshina does not answer to the Nigerian government. This is a sub-Sahara African project. It's just like the UN; you don't tell them where to site a project.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Ugonna62: 8:39am On Jun 25, 2021
The foolish and ignorant author of a dot nation can now see there is an escape rout after all,the vegetable also forget that at a time we had a political party called NCNC.dont worry we shall see.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Sonn(m): 8:39am On Jun 25, 2021
Mynd44:
is that BUHARI'S project? BUHARI can never do such in SOUTHEAST' NEVER.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

And you actually think AFDB is doing the road for free? You think it’s a gift to Nigeria?

You guys really need to learn how these international finance agencies work. The bank is financing the project but it’s a loan that will be paid back by the countries involved.

It is not entirely free but it is not a Nigeria's project. It is an international project. ECOWAS / AU is involved. There are so many Donor nations or International bodies that are supporting projects undertaken by ECOWAS / AU. There are other non Africa countries in the board of AFDB with heavy investment more than some African countries. They jointly provide fund for AFDB and for approved projects. The AU Headquarters at Addis was donated to AU by the Chinese government.

My major concern is the Lagos - Abidjan Highway project and Dakar Lagos Highway project. I believed there is a politics here or they are waiting for other regional projects to be completed.

In 2012, I was one of the consultants selected by Crown Agents, UK to carry out feasibility study on Lagos - Abidjan Highway project for ECOWAS. The consultancy job was awarded to Crown Agents by ECOWAS which means EU is interested in that project. Few weeks to the commencement of the project, it was suspended. Till date, the road is yet to be constructed while other project that started later is nearing completion.

3 Likes

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by CSTRR: 8:40am On Jun 25, 2021
Mynd44:
It was done by the AFDB, it was not done by Nigeria.

Besides on pure economics, Cameroon is a door to Central Africa which is a far greater economic prospect than the Sahel.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by seunmsg(m): 8:41am On Jun 25, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

They never said that the 430m dollar project is a loan to Nigeria to improve her physical infrastructure....

[/b]citing that the project was part of its 16billion dollar worth of projects in West Africa alone[b]

You said that's a loan that will be paid back by the countries involved.... Can you prove it?

I’m done arguing this matter. I have been auditing world bank assisted projects since 2018 so I know a lot about projects financed by international development banks.

You actually think AFDB have the capacity to carry out $15billion projects in West Africa free of charge? Like seriously? Not even the World Bank or IMF have such money to give away.

Anyway, you guys are free to believe whatever makes you sleep well at night.

3 Likes

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by SmartPolician: 8:41am On Jun 25, 2021
Mynd44:

How did you pass the test to become a mod on Nairaland? This comment is embarrassing. Lalasticala, why is this guy commenting senselessly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by UmuEri(m): 8:42am On Jun 25, 2021
Mynd44:
your pettiness didn't allow you to reason well, was the project financed by Buhari and with Nigeria's money?

Didn't you read that it is being done by Africa Development Bank?

Obviously you cannot hide your hate for the DOT Nation, but guess what?

Your opinion is less than infinitesimal

Lalasticlacla come and Carry your biased mod
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:44am On Jun 25, 2021
seunmsg:

So, who will pay back the loan?

The level of ignorance on this app is really appalling.

Which loan?

I don't get.... AFDB never said so according to Adesina... unless you can prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Guide777(m): 8:44am On Jun 25, 2021
Thank you African Development Bank.
Re: $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB by Skoonheid(f): 8:44am On Jun 25, 2021
[quote author=Mynd44 post=103067534]This road must be for Buhari's Nieces

You're not fit to be a mod. Spits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

128 Killed In Yobe Boko-Haram Attack / Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi / BREAKING: DSS Withdraws From Dasuki’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.