Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets (24727 Views)

Ogboni To Use "White Day Celebration" To Show They Are Incharge Of Rivers State / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by enyojo(f): 4:53pm On May 09, 2011
[size=20pt]MODERATOR!
THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE IS WRONG!
IT IS 'OGBONI' NOT 'OGONI'.
OGONI IS THE NAME OF A WHOLE TRIBE IN THE NIGER DELTA!!
[/size]

Don't you see why you need Aisha2 ?
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by ofala(m): 5:20pm On May 09, 2011
Losers will go to any length to paint this guy black. Ogboni my foot! Can we talk of more serious issues PLEASE
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by 1Emmy: 5:25pm On May 09, 2011
Please those calling our able Gov Elect ogboni, I want to join that Ogboni and who will link or take me there.
So that we will join hand and make Igbo a better place. If we have 1000 ogboni people like Rochas in Igboland Almajiri will not butcher our youth coppers as if no body exists in south.
Please who will give me a correct contact, i wan to join willingly to better and empower my people.

Useless Ohakim Boys. You people be ashamed of yourselves.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 09, 2011
It berra not be true, cos Ogboni is bad business; Imo people certainly deserve a more potent force. As a popular naija-Christian hymn goes:

. . .Jesus power super power, Jesus power super power,[x2]
Mami-water power powerless power, mami water power powerless power
Ogboni power powerless power, Ogboni power powerless power [x2]

. . .and on and on the song goes.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On May 09, 2011
Ogboni is a Yoruba cult but membership cut across all groups.

I think Azikwe was a member cos I saw his profile on the ROF website
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by AjanleKoko: 5:46pm On May 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Ogboni is a Yoruba cult but membership cut across all groups.

I think Azikwe was a member cos I saw his profile on the ROF website

Yep, he was a member. Maybe for political reasons. Cos all the oluwos have always been Yorubas.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by wesley80(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2011
Awo was also a member.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by jookco(m): 5:58pm On May 09, 2011
Rochas will do better than Ohakim, Ogboni is just like Islam
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by kholis(m): 5:59pm On May 09, 2011
Good governance has nothing whatsoever to do with any socio-religious affiliation. Spirituality is different from reality in this secular era. That is why some far east countries and Asian Tigers like; Japan, China etc  practically worship what we might call idols but their good governance is envied by many countries. Please let us leave shadow alone and pursue the object.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Mynd44: 6:02pm On May 09, 2011
People are hopeless
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by OCCULTIST(m): 6:26pm On May 09, 2011
For those Useless,visionless,and insane people criticizing our Most Prstigious Fraternity ROF,Yes Rochas Okorocha is our beloved brother,just as 27 Governors accross the nation are also members,Just as 85% of Senators are Members,just as 80% Speakers are also, just as 65% FEC are also members,and just as 90% of serious,successful and influential business men and women of this great nation are also members,so what can you people do about it? We brought this nation out from the colonial masters and gave this nation independence,your all free to commit suicide because your all crying for something you cannot change.

For thgose interested in joining here is our website: www.reformedogboni.com all information on how to join is there.

Only the pure in heart joins the Reformed Ogboni fraternity,demons don't.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Odunnu: 6:33pm On May 09, 2011
Choi
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by meine: 6:39pm On May 09, 2011
AMERICAN PRESIDENTS WHO WERE MEMBERS OF FREEMASONS (THE LODGE)

George Washington
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
James Polk
James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
James Garfield
William McKinley
Theodore Roosevelt
Howard Taft
Warren Harding
Franklin Roosevelt
Harry Truman
Gerald Ford

The names listed above were those of past American presidents who were members of the free masons that a lot of Nigerians call Lodge or the Yoruba version of Ogboni. These guys served their country wella irrespective of their faith. Let the guy appoint anybody as far as they perform, who cares? I am a born again christian myself but i will never celebrate mediocrity because of my religious affiliation. Next topic
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Tamunofiri(m): 6:51pm On May 09, 2011
How many so called rich christians partake in the philantropic gestures he does. Hey, don't bring belief or religious affiliation into service to humanity. They are two different things. Apostle Paul said even if he possessed all the good and perfect attributes of a spiritual person and has no love in his heart, all the tongues he speaks is like a clasping cymbal. Nigeria need people who have good hearts to take us to where we are supposed to be. Lets rather pray Rochas translates his good gestures into sustatinable developments for Imo state. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by lannre(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2011
if you care to know you have two mothers , join politics !
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 09, 2011
OCCULTIST:

For those Useless,visionless,and insane people criticizing our Most Prstigious Fraternity ROF,Yes Rochas Okorocha is our beloved brother,just as 27 Governors accross the nation are also members,Just as 85% of Senators are Members,just as 80% Speakers are also, just as 65% FEC are also members,and just as 90% of serious,successful and influential business men and women of this great nation are also members,so what can you people do about it? We brought this nation out from the colonial masters and gave this nation independence,your all free to commit suicide because your all crying for something you cannot change.

For thgose interested in joining here is our website: www.reformedogboni.com all information on how to join is there.

LOL. I was certain that our dear and inimitable OCCULTIST would have something to say about this topic.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by tlops(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2011
ok!
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 09, 2011
kholis:

Good governance has nothing whatsoever to do with any socio-religious affiliation. Spirituality is different from reality in this secular era. That is why some far east countries and Asian Tigers like; Japan, China etc  practically worship what we might call idols but their good governance is envied by many countries. Please let us leave shadow alone and pursue the object.

Which China and good governance are you talking about? Please do not make me laugh. I guess you are probably living on the moon where communism, brutalizing your citizens and no media and individual freedom equals good governance. Nonsense.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 09, 2011
OCCULTIST:

I suggest you learn basic primary school grammar before disturbing the peace here with your incoherent rantings about your worthless and never-do-good ogboni compatriots. Bush man.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by calyx: 7:30pm On May 09, 2011
Am not member of any secret cult- Rochas Okorocha

On May 9, 2011 · In News , 
By Chidi Nkwopara
Imo State Governor-Elect, Chief Rochas Anayo Okorocha,has denied belonging to any secret society, including Ogboni Fraternity, as recently peddled by those he called his “political opponents”.

The Governor-Elect made the denial at Maria Assumpta Catholic Cathedral, Owerri, where he attended the Fathers’ Day Mass, which was concelebrated by the Archbishop of Owerri Ecclesiastical Province, Dr. Anthony J.V. Obinna.

He disclosed that all his earthly acquisitions were acquired through his honest endeavours and God’s abundant blessings and wondered why he should embrace occultic powers at this point in hs life time.

“I serve the only living God, the giver of life and wealth, nothing more and nothing less”, Okorocha declared before the congregation.

Meanwhile, Okorocha says he is fine-tunning plans to tackle what he termed “the challenges and enormous responsibilities bestowed on him by Imo people”.

Making his stand known in an interview in Owerri, Chief Okorocha said he would stoutly resist the attempt by anybody to drag him into pursuing sectional or group interests but would rather focus and pursue programmes that will ultimately uplft every citizen socially and economically.

While appreciating the congratulatory message and extension of a handf of fellowship he received from Governor Ikedi Ohakim on his success at the gubernatorial poll, Chief Okorocha equally commended Imo people foir giving him their mandate.

He urged Imo people to see themselves as one people and work together with him in his bid to toch the lives of ordinary people, adding that his area of emphasis would be how to improve the lives of the down trodden.

Okorocha expressed delight that democracy has taken root in Imo State and promised to run a government of the people and by the people.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/am-not-member-of-any-secret-cult-rochas-okorocha/
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by jookco(m): 7:35pm On May 09, 2011
Like I said Rochas was a member of this cult yet he does good, he is the father of the fatherless, he takes billion of Naira as grant from international charity organization and build schools worth Millions of Naira, he only use 80% of the grants for administrative expenses, fund raising event expenses and advertisement expenses  while 20% goes to the hopeless and the motherless, Ogboni is love , the people of Imo State is blessed with a humble God fearing Governor.

In four years Owerri will be the San Francisco of Nigeria.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by calyx: 7:35pm On May 09, 2011
Okorocha denies being Ogboni memberPromises social welfare

There was a bit of drama on Sunday at Assumpta Cathedral, Owerri where Imo State Governor-elect, Rochas Okorocha, worshipped with his family members to mark Fathers' Day as he stepped onto the altar and took a vow as directed by Catholic Archbishop of Owerri diocese, Anthony Obinna.

He promised to focus on the welfare of the masses who voted him into power.

Before then, Obinna had sighted Okorocha and called him out to face the congregation.

Obinna told him to make a statement on or denounce his rumoured membership of  Ogboni cult.

Okorocha, holding a crucifix handed to him by Obinna, said he has never been a member of Ogboni and will never associate with any secret society.

He vowed to worship God, affirming that as a Christian who believes strongly in God, he never sought the services of any occultist during his campaign.

He said all the reports  about his involvement in a secret cult, including Ogboni, are false.

Obinna reminded Okorocha that the people voted for him because of their expectation of good governance and urged him not to disappoint.

In response, Okorocha pledged that his government will focus on the welfare of the masses who also protected the votes they gave him, adding that his priority is to transform the state and empower the people.

He expressed gratitude to outgoing governor Ikedi Ohakim for accepting defeat and congratulating him (Okorocha) on his victory.

Obinna later called on pupils from nursery, primary, secondary schools, as well as on university students to tell Okorocha their expectations during his tenure of office

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=33448
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by houvest: 7:52pm On May 09, 2011
calyx:

Okorocha denies being Ogboni memberPromises social welfare

There was a bit of drama on Sunday at Assumpta Cathedral, Owerri where Imo State Governor-elect, Rochas Okorocha, worshipped with his family members to mark Fathers' Day as he stepped onto the altar and took a vow as directed by Catholic Archbishop of Owerri diocese, Anthony Obinna.

He promised to focus on the welfare of the masses who voted him into power.

Before then, Obinna had sighted Okorocha and called him out to face the congregation.

Obinna told him to make a statement on or denounce his rumoured membership of Ogboni cult.

Okorocha, holding a crucifix handed to him by Obinna, said he has never been a member of Ogboni and will never associate with any secret society.

He vowed to worship God, affirming that as a Christian who believes strongly in God, he never sought the services of any occultist during his campaign.

He said all the reports about his involvement in a secret cult, including Ogboni, are false.

Obinna reminded Okorocha that the people voted for him because of their expectation of good governance and urged him not to disappoint.

In response, Okorocha pledged that his government will focus on the welfare of the masses who also protected the votes they gave him, adding that his priority is to transform the state and empower the people.

He expressed gratitude to outgoing governor Ikedi Ohakim for accepting defeat and congratulating him (Okorocha) on his victory.

Obinna later called on pupils from nursery, primary, secondary schools, as well as on university students to tell Okorocha their expectations during his tenure of office

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=33448

NICE ONE.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Kilode1: 8:14pm On May 09, 2011
OCCULTIST:

My brother, I agree. This religious discrimination must end!

The Bishop even forced the governor-elect to denounce a particular sect and/or religion, and people are cool with that?

It's not fair o!

We all must fight for our right to worship freely without discrimination.

Bro, I hope you too won't discriminate against demon worshippers with your last statement.

Everybody in this country should have the right to do Demon. ->a la Rita Kokolet cool
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 09, 2011
Membership of ogboni is open, stop the beaf and join them if you got the leverage.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by vislabraye(m): 8:40pm On May 09, 2011
Hm. . . . I smell danger if this is true. Expect blood shed.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Katsumoto: 9:07pm On May 09, 2011
meine:

AMERICAN PRESIDENTS WHO WERE MEMBERS OF FREEMASONS (THE LODGE)

George Washington
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
James Polk
James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
James Garfield
William McKinley
Theodore Roosevelt
Howard Taft
Warren Harding
Franklin Roosevelt
Harry Truman
Gerald Ford

The names listed above were those of past American presidents who were members of the free masons that a lot of Nigerians call Lodge or the Yoruba version of Ogboni. These guys served their country wella irrespective of their faith. Let the guy appoint anybody as far as they perform, who cares? I am a born again christian myself but i will never celebrate mediocrity because of my religious affiliation. Next topic

The Lodge and ROF are two separate institutions. It is not uncommon for an individual to belong to both. The head of the ROF is Olori Oluwo while the head of the lodge in Nigeria is called the District Grand Master of Nigeria.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by supereagle(m): 9:45pm On May 09, 2011
Many of these politicians are into Ogboni Cult. They are there to seek protection.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 09, 2011
I hate both cultism and occultism. those that practise either of them will go to hell

But come to think of it, is there any governor in Nigeria past or present that you can authoritatively, before GOD and man, say that he or she was/is not a member of a secret cult or has never sought for power and/or protection from a source different from our LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST? Name one of them that has never visited a shrine, joined a secret cult or visited a spiritualist? Rochas can't be different: but this is not what we are looking at for now.
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by damola1: 10:44pm On May 09, 2011
What does rochas do for a living?
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by nwaafo1: 10:51pm On May 09, 2011
supereagle:

Many of these politicians are into Ogboni Cult. They are there to seek protection.
this is d kind of thing heard in bus parks or by market women
Re: Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets by femeluaka(m): 10:53pm On May 09, 2011
if he likes,let him be a member the of dum dum yom yom frat,I DON'T BLOODY F**KING CARE AND SO SHOULD YOU!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Unveils Vision For Next Four Years / 'Kemi Adeosun Has Not Resigned' - Aide. Adeosun Spotted Working In Her Office / Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.