Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates (3559 Views)

The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates / Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! / Buhari's Door-to-door Agents Will Be Going To Houses To Preach The Gospel (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by goziem1982(m): 6:33am On Jun 26, 2021
The way black man thinks, houses, ah! So British the have properties in other European countries have lost them?
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by gidgiddy: 6:38am On Jun 26, 2021
In4matic:

Sir, go and check well. Those houses either were bought with the Identity of Nigerians fronting for them
Or they have lived here long enough to get citizenship

Kindly name the international instrument that allows an alien own land in another sovereign state?

Are you this Ignorant? You honestly believe that people are not allowed to own property anywhere in the world other than their home country?

If that is so, why would any foreign investor come to Nigeria? He is not allowed to buy land, build factories(since he cant own the building)

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 6:39am On Jun 26, 2021
Go to School and learn about Economics, Investments, Migration and Foreign Trade and Business.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 6:42am On Jun 26, 2021
Go to School and learn about Economics, Investments, Migration and Foreign Trade and Business.

SARAKI HAS HOUSES IN ENGLAND, HOW DOES HE KEEP THEM SAVE?
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 6:47am On Jun 26, 2021
donbachi:
It will still remain theirs.

They become MULTISTATIONERS.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 6:51am On Jun 26, 2021
Stanleyq:
They will be known as house owners in diaspora.

They become INTER STATES BUSINESS RESIDENTS. They now have their CAKES AND EAT THEM
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by Ifedichi1: 6:56am On Jun 26, 2021
LagosInter:
What becomes of properties owned by Igbos/Biafrans outside Igbo land, should Nigeria disintegrate?

Common man go and work, lebanese, china, America, south Africa has many investment in Nigeria. Is Nigeria their country?
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 6:58am On Jun 26, 2021
Akudaisi:
Nawa ooo this country don tire me,it will become abandoned property just like in 60s

No.

NIGERIA was UNCIVILIZED in the 60s. Now, The HAUSA FULANIS will be jailed like MILOSOVICH at The Hague.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 7:00am On Jun 26, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

None of your business. Go and get your own property.

COOOOORECT.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by rummmy: 7:04am On Jun 26, 2021
NorthRules9ja:

Ibos or bia frauds can neva live nigeria, what we did in 1967 we will repeat and for thise that dont know we star. ved the rebels into submission
see English...
Don't be surprise,this illitrate is a commissioner for education in his state..

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by NGpatriot: 7:09am On Jun 26, 2021
IduNaOba:
See yeye question
Don't Nigerians have houses in other countries??
Wetin do those houses

They must collect visas to go to other countries unless they are lawful residents of the so-called another country. If Nigeria separates and you are not an indigene of Lagos state, you must collect visa to visit your own house.

Also, your house in Lagos state is sitting on a revocable lease that could be terminated.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by rummmy: 7:12am On Jun 26, 2021
Ekpeitit:
No other tribe in Nigeria is foolish enough to buy property in Igbo land, only Biafran people are foolish enough to buy properties all over Nigeria,they even own properties in their enemy's territory (North) even though they lost all their properties in the North and
other parts of Nigeria during the civil war.
Biafran people no get sense at all.
Hahahahah
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 7:12am On Jun 26, 2021
mightyhaze:
What happened to Nigerians' houses outside Nigeria

Don't mind the THIEF. He is already planning to be SQUATTER in someone's Premises. ole.com
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by rummmy: 7:13am On Jun 26, 2021
Ekpeitit:
No other tribe in Nigeria is foolish enough to buy property in Igbo land, only Biafran people are foolish enough to buy properties all over Nigeria,they even own properties in their enemy's territory (North) even though they lost all their properties in the North and
other parts of Nigeria during the civil war.
Biafran people no get sense at all.
Hahahahah
it's like they have bought all your father's land and you are hoping to get them back through the window.
Sorry it's not going to happen because Atiku own estate in Dubai,Brutai own in London,many of your brothers own land outside nigeria and buhari own properties in port Harcourt and other places.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 7:15am On Jun 26, 2021
Muna4real:
Hmmm
Why are you guys so interested in properties you don't own. The igbos have not threatened to collect your properties here. Why don't you build yours? What kind of human beings did we find ourselves with sef? Tufiakwa!

Ole.com
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by NGpatriot: 7:20am On Jun 26, 2021
rummmy:
it's like they have bought all your father's land and you are hoping to get them back through the window.
Sorry it's not going to happen because Atiku ownd estate in Dubai,Brutai owns in London,many of your brothers owns land outside nigeria and buhari own properties in port Harcourt and other places.

There's nothing wrong with owning housings in Lagos or any other place, you are free to buy all the houses you desire as long as you are paying the necessary fees and taxes to the LASG instead of paying it to Imo or Anambra state.

You can pump your chest that you own Houses in Lagos, it makes no difference, it's just an expansion of the Lagos/SW IGR base for progress and development in Lagos and the SW instead of your own towns and villages in the SE.

Nigerians from every corner of Nigeria own properties in Lagos and we don't see them pump chest, only low self-esteem and inferiority complex people brag all over the place over nothing.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 7:22am On Jun 26, 2021
Emmypure:
I am a Yoruba, but truly Igbo is the best tribe in Africa and Nigeria, I admire the Igbo race so much, I wish to marry from there

Go to Abakaliki. The Girls are pretty
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by kcnwaigbo: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2021
What will happen to properties of non-igbos in igboland?
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by NGpatriot: 7:25am On Jun 26, 2021
kcnwaigbo:
What will happen to properties of non-igbos in igboland?

Non-igbo people own properties in igboland? Are they mad. Why? For some ipob terrorists of unknown gunmen to burn it down?

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by juman(m): 7:25am On Jun 26, 2021
Either they carry the buildings along when moving or they sell it.
Or they become abandon properties.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by orisa37: 7:25am On Jun 26, 2021
Emmypure:
I am a Yoruba, but truly Igbo is the best tribe in Africa and Nigeria, I admire the Igbo race so much, I wish to marry from there

Go to Abakaliki. The Girls are pretty but they are SNIPERS.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by Ekpeitit(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2021
rummmy:
Sorry it's not going to happen because Atiku own estate in Dubai,Brutai own in London,many of your brothers own land outside nigeria and buhari own properties in port Harcourt and other places.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by Ekpeitit(m): 7:42am On Jun 26, 2021
Yes it will happen when war breaks out.
You will be chased out of everywhere and your properties will be confiscated.
It happened during the last civil war and it will happen again.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by rummmy: 8:28am On Jun 26, 2021
NGpatriot:

There's nothing wrong with owning housings in Lagos or any other place, you are free to buy all the houses you desire as long as you are paying the necessary fees and taxes to the LASG instead of paying it to Imo or Anambra state.

You can pump your chest that you own Houses in Lagos, it makes no difference, it's just an expansion of the Lagos/SW IGR base for progress and development in Lagos and the SW instead of your own towns and villages in the SE.

Nigerians from every corner of Nigeria own properties in Lagos and we don't see them pump chest, only low self-esteem and inferiority complex people brag all over the place over nothing.
increase the tax and I will convert my land to cemetery even if it is located in government house.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by NGpatriot: 8:36am On Jun 26, 2021
rummmy:
increase the tax and I will convert my land to cemetery even if it is located in government house.

And you think we won't collect tax on your cemetery or whatever you turn your rubbish into?

Land use charge mean anything to you?

Comedian..

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by In4matic: 8:48am On Jun 26, 2021
gidgiddy:

Are you this Ignorant? You honestly believe that people are not allowed to own property anywhere in the world other than their home country?

If that is so, why would any foreign investor come to Nigeria? He is not allowed to buy land, build factories(since he cant own the building)

You are the ignorant one here sir.
I am not concerned with what goes on in Malabu or Zurich. Our focus here is current Nigeria Land ownership laws.
Go through the land use Act 1978.
Go through your constitution.

Yes a foreigner can come here and get property on LEASEHOLD for 25, 50 or 99 years. That is permissible.

You won't know this because you all semi illiterate advocates will rather hurl insults than learn to be strategic.

The simple solution I have advised you people is to build alliances with your neighbors, do some horse trading... That way you secure your businesses, and assess to the sea and trade.

But No! You'll rather insult the Yorubas , and claim lordship over the Niger Delta including Edo/Delta that was never a part of your old East.

As I always say, Come and claim Edo/Delta na, that's when you'll know why the two states are named the Heart beat/Big Heart states.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by Gbajure(m): 8:59am On Jun 26, 2021
gidgiddy:

Nothing, there are many houses owned by foreigners in Nigeria. The street I used to live in Apapa, Lagos, all the houses on that street were owned by Lebanese men.

If Igbos get there own country, international and domestic laws will come into effect, and they will be protected.

Infact, owning a house or property in a foreign country is a good thing because it almost assures you of residency rights in that country

Keep on dream! Don't you know each cou try has different rule for property ownership by foreigners? Or can u buy a house in US with a visiting visa? Ńo one, I repeat nonond will issue igbos more than a visitor visa to enter Nigeria after Biafra. And that one too will be heavily regulated.

Some are even saying permanent residence and business visa, who go dash una?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by bluediesel03: 9:00am On Jun 26, 2021
Ekpeitit:
Yes it will happen when war breaks out.
You will be chased out of everywhere and your properties will be confiscated.
It happened during the last civil war and it will happen again.
poor and frustrated being.So your only hope of being a landlord is by confiscating someone's own.hmmmm.poverty affects not only the body but the brain.While waiting try and construct a thatched house and live pending when igbos will leave.But my fear is if hunger will not kill you before then.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by Gbajure(m): 9:04am On Jun 26, 2021
NGpatriot:

They must collect visas to go to other countries unless they are lawful residents of the so-called another country. If Nigeria separates and you are not an indigene of Lagos state, you must collect visa to visit your own house.

Also, your house in Lagos state is sitting on a revocable lease that could be terminated.

They won't get any visa, period! Don't even go too far, ask them about their houses in Port Harcourt till today. People that can't think but be doing gra gra everywhere for everything. If they can't claim their houses in PH as a Nigeria, how will they be claiming the ones in Abuja or Kano after separation.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by Ruggman: 9:04am On Jun 26, 2021
Your major headache is another man's property , don't kill yourself for noting .
The Igbos are not worried about the properties because we are capable of acquiring better and more glorious properties given the right atmosphere and opportunities .
After the Biafran war it took Igbos little time and little resources to recover, while other tribes are still struggling and marvelling at the magnitude of wealth the Igbos posses.
Igbo people are a wonder to the world.
Watch out for them anywhere in the world and you will see their imprint on the sands of time.
CERTAINLY THE GLORY OF THE LATTER HOUSE SHALL BE GREATER THAN THE FORMER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by Ekpeitit(m): 9:28am On Jun 26, 2021
bluediesel03:
poor and frustrated being.So your only hope of being a landlord is by confiscating someone's own.hmmmm.poverty affects not only the body but the brain.While waiting try and construct a thatched house and live pending when igbos will leave.But my fear is if hunger will not kill you before then.
Re: What Will Happen To Houses Owned By Igbos Outside Igbo Land If Nigeria Separates by Ekpeitit(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2021
No,hunger won't kill me.
I'm waiting for you to leave the zoo so I can take all your properties because you used money from armed robbery to buy the house anyway.
Oya,hurry up and leave.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Recieved This About LP Lagos Guber Candidate / Oyebanji Seeks US Partnership On Economic Growth, Cocoa Development / Fashola - Plans For Lagos Inner City Roads On Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.