Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:03 PM

This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. (44543 Views)

Lagos In 1960 / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) / View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by ogwuche4u(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2021
So much love for the cars.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by jamiusegun(m): 7:08am On Jun 26, 2021
Lovely picture, everything is moving in order.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by pricklewane: 7:19am On Jun 26, 2021
You hate the truth but the truth hate your Igbo bigoted hate filled father n mother the more.
fuckingAyaya:
hit ur head on the wall ewure
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by koladata(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2021
to all you indomie generation that use to abuse everybody on this forum , can you see that we have elder people here.

budaatum:
By '73, Ikorodu Road was the only route out. We'd leave home like 5am and not be out of Lagos by noon.

I am of course exaggerating small, but we always arrived in my Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun well past 10pm. And no, we were not walking!

Ikorodu Road right through Lagos was a blessing and a wonderful playground while being built. And Lagos Ibadan Expressway made me my first what seemed like a million naira at the time. I sold 4 eggs for ₦1 and 50 kobo canned Coke at the tollgate, and damn the pain when kombi bus stopped on my foot.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by 9jaRealist: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2021
chimpanzee4:
Still a shiit hole and always will be in a another 3000 years

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out… cheesy
>
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by afesco: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2021
He dor tey when Lagos dey get hold-ups.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by Ajah489(m): 7:52am On Jun 26, 2021
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by BrazilAirport: 7:54am On Jun 26, 2021
It has always been a peaceful city
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by Zao19: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2021
They were using Right steering cars then
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by scharms(m): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2021
budaatum:
By '73, Ikorodu Road was the only route out. We'd leave home like 5am and not be out of Lagos by noon.

I am of course exaggerating small, but we always arrived in my Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun well past 10pm. And no, we were not walking!

Ikorodu Road right through Lagos was a blessing and a wonderful playground while being built. And Lagos Ibadan Expressway made me my first what seemed like a million naira at the time. I sold 4 eggs for ₦1 and 50 kobo canned Coke at the tollgate, and damn the pain when kombi bus stopped on my foot.
welldone sir,eyin omo arehoho re baluwe,mo leni'nle mo sun leekan.lade lade lade,alaafin o lade,ade orolu la gba lo f'alaafin�‍♂️�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by LordErrk: 8:11am On Jun 26, 2021
Nigeria just doesn't want to get it right. All these congestion can be avoided by city buses.
But the demons gaining from the suffering of people will never see that happen
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by iammozeez(m): 8:26am On Jun 26, 2021
Men like white shirts that year sha lol
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by RPG2020(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2021
When people get sense not now
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by Basher8583: 8:43am On Jun 26, 2021
chatinent:
This was Lagos in 1963:

What changed?
Source: https://www.nopremiumtears.com.ng/2021/06/this-is-lagos-before-1964-everybody-get.html?m=1

Igbos infiltration of Lagos.

Dont believe me wait till December when they all migrate back to the east to show off.

Trafic and mode of life comes back to normal in Lagos then until 2nd week in January

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by almarthins(m): 8:49am On Jun 26, 2021
chatinent:
This was Lagos in 1963:

What changed?

Source: https://www.nopremiumtears.com.ng/2021/06/this-is-lagos-before-1964-everybody-get.html?m=1

A period when we have a nation without thieves. The little you earn will substain you for more than a month.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:54am On Jun 26, 2021
pricklewane:
You hate the truth but the truth hate your Igbo bigoted hate filled father n mother the more.
pikin wey grow for chalet if them talk we know them
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by chrisvic007: 9:21am On Jun 26, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
When Lagos was Lagos before it became a private organization with touts as the major stake holders

That was Lagos before a group of mentally unstable people turned it to a refugee camp after losing a senseless war they initiated.

Lagos started losing its beauty from 1970 and the reason is not difficult to decipher.

1 Like

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 26, 2021
budaatum:

Ikorodu Road right through Lagos was a blessing and a wonderful playground while being built. And Lagos Ibadan Expressway made me my first what seemed like a million naira at the time. I sold 4 eggs for ₦1 and 50 kobo canned Coke at the tollgate, and damn the
pain when kombi bus stopped on my foot.

4 eggs for #1, that should be late 80's, I think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by gentleibraheem(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2021
budaatum:

And Ekene Dili Chukwu!

Those big buses were the worst to try to sell to! Hand will collect your stuff and it would disappear inside the big bus without payment!

And before anyone thinks it was Chukwu, there were a few Allah buses too!

Is this Joy of Motherhood or some other book

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by thinkmoney(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2021
Tizu:
So by 1963 Lagos don dey get go slow ?
Dont mind people saying Tinubu developed Lagos. They know no better. Lagos has always been a top top city. A big magnate for a lot of brains and human capitals

1 Like

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by OChimex: 9:39am On Jun 26, 2021
chatinent:
This was Lagos in 1963:

What changed?

What changed is our mentality.
Then we were closer to the Whites/Westerners and their standard. Now we want our freedom, chased them away now we are fast getting closer to the animal world than the Western world.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:48am On Jun 26, 2021
chrisvic007:

That was Lagos before a group of mentally unstable people turned it to a refugee camp after losing a senseless war they initiated.

Lagos started losing its beauty from 1970 and the reason is not difficult to decipher.

the same way the senseless slave coward's want to turn benin republic to refugees camp
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by IMAliyu(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2021
Flairoqy:
Our dads were more organized than us, ideally it should be getting better.

And under their rule, everything started to decay.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by IMAliyu(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2021
budaatum:

The marshmallow test, lol.

I wonder how many know this test, or would bother to look it up.
Immediate or Delayed gratification test for children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by musicwriter(m): 10:00am On Jun 26, 2021
Flairoqy:
Our dads were more organized than us, ideally it should be getting better.

Orderliness comes from knowledge of self. Knowledge of self means speaking your own native language, using that language to acquire knowledge, believing in your own God. Those three are common in all organized societies everywhere today.

Those people you saw in that picture were closer to being African mentally, spiritually, intellectually, culturally. That's why they were organized.

Yes, ideally it should get better but not when we've subsumed a foreign language, education, religion and alien identity that has separated us from our ancestors. The ethics and morals that should guide that continuity you so much desire have been severed and would continue to worsen. We must pay the price. We must pay the price for our stupidity because we continue to love what foreigners gave us instead of going back to be ourselves.

1 Like

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by Flairoqy(m): 10:05am On Jun 26, 2021
musicwriter:

Orderliness comes from knowledge of self. Knowledge of self means speaking your own native language, using that language to acquire knowledge, believing in your own God. Those three are common in all organized societies everywhere today.

Those people you saw in that picture were closer to being African mentally, spiritually, intellectually, culturally. That's why they were organized.

Yes, ideally it should get better but not when we've subsumed a foreign language, education, religion and alien identity that has separated us from our ancestors. The ethics and morals that should guide that continuity you so much desire have been severed and would continue to worsen. We must pay the price. We must pay the price for our stupidity because we continue to love what foreigners gave us instead of going back to be ourselves.
I would’ve contributed to your quote, but you made every point right, we’ve lost touch of our true identity in Africa, not just Nigeria.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by Rochasstatue(f): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2021
That was before 'madiness' people started their influx from the east.

1 Like

Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by uuzba(m): 10:29am On Jun 26, 2021
BafanaBafana:
The good old days. Go slow has always being a part of Lagos
Traffic jam is part of any city that does not plan for high volume of commuters, whether today or 200 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMZ7BVrGTcU&t=99s
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by budaatum: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2021
scharms:

welldone sir,eyin omo arehoho re baluwe,mo leni'nle mo sun leekan.lade lade lade,alaafin o lade,ade orolu la gba lo f'alaafin�‍♂️�

That's us, lol!

Molufon Ade. Ade re o ni iye
Ade Nla Nla l'Ade Oba
Omo l'Ade l'Ade l'Ade, won so p'Alaafin o l'Ade
Ade Aladinkun la gba f'Alaafin
Alaafin l'Agba. Alaafin kii gbe'le. Alaafin o si ni'le ti won fi pin Ade.
Won pin Ade won o pin Ade si'le f'Alaafin.
Alaafin ti Ajo de o n pe Ade Ohun da
Molufon Ade Orolu ni o ti lo ninu won
Ni won ba gba Ade Orolu lo ree f'Alaafin
Omo okuta meta ona adikun
Okan k'omi l'ese l'alo, okan ko mi l'ese l'abo.
Okan ni nigba ti n mo'na, Kinni mo wa r'ode Adikun.
Mo ni mo wa Ori Ade lo
Ori Ade o je segi.
Omo Alade sese efun
Orolu n le Omo Ajatesun.
Omo Akin ti n j'Aja Ori Igi.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by budaatum: 10:53am On Jun 26, 2021
sultry69:
Baba oo,Orolu a gbewa,akere oko dele.

Ami o.
Re: This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. by budaatum: 10:57am On Jun 26, 2021
IranianSea:

Wow cool cool cool
Please a plot of land could be as cheap as how much in Lagos then in a place like katu or ojota. Thanks

In a swampy area of Ketu, ₦1000 in '80.

Ma bought and her children laboured to build.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) / Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.