Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Why Does Nigeria Police Don't See Catalytic Converter Thieves As Criminals - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Does Nigeria Police Don't See Catalytic Converter Thieves As Criminals (1047 Views)

Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Nigeria Police Don't See Catalytic Converter Thieves As Criminals by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2021
I was reading this news today about how Kent Police in the US succeeded in recovering hundreds of stolen catalytic converters
STORY HERE:
https://komonews.com/amp/news/local/kent-police-recover-hundreds-of-stolen-catalytic-converters

And I'm wondering why this is not a crime in Nigeria. I mean everyday hundreds of cars that had their cats intact when they arrived in Nigeria are either stolen at the port or at a mechanic workshop yet there has been no cases of arrest or crack down on this rampant theft.

I wonder why! There is still alot to be done in Nigeria.

Re: Why Does Nigeria Police Don't See Catalytic Converter Thieves As Criminals by neonly: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2021
Bro's it a serious crime here too in Nigeria just wait make police stop you and search yur nylon bag and see broken pieces then u go now how far

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Nigeria Police Don't See Catalytic Converter Thieves As Criminals by nurey(m): 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I was reading this news today about how Kent Police in the US succeeded in recovering hundreds of stolen catalytic converters
STORY HERE:
https://komonews.com/amp/news/local/kent-police-recover-hundreds-of-stolen-catalytic-converters

And I'm wondering why this is not a crime in Nigeria. I mean everyday hundreds of cars that had their cats intact when they arrived in Nigeria are either stolen at the port or at a mechanic workshop yet there has been no cases of arrest or crack down on this rampant theft.

I wonder why! There is still alot to be done in Nigeria.

The question we need to ask you is if Nigeria police knows what a catalyst converter is?

Nigeria police only know how to ask for engine number they don't even know where each manufacturer stamps the said engine number

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Police Don't See Catalytic Converter Thieves As Criminals by 735i(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2021
If you're caught by the Nigerian police with CC, you will spend some time in cell and part with good money before you get out.

That thing is classified as ammunition, just incase you don't know.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Police Don't See Catalytic Converter Thieves As Criminals by ollybyte(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
Nigeria Policesabi am well, dem dey call am Indomie
735i:
If you're caught by the Nigerian police with CC, you will spend some time in cell and part with good money before you get out.

That thing is classified as ammunition, just incase you don't know.

(1) (Reply)

Do Toyota / Lexus Use Real Wood In Their Interiors Like Mercedes-benz? / Please Why Is This On Corolla 06. / Advice Needed On Jaguar S-type Saloon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.