Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

How I Made Money Blogging With Less Than 125 Visitor A Day And No Adsense - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Made Money Blogging With Less Than 125 Visitor A Day And No Adsense (312 Views)

What Are Some Unusual Ways You Made Money With A Blog? / Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging / No Adsense Payment Email Till Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Made Money Blogging With Less Than 125 Visitor A Day And No Adsense by brianblogmoney(m): 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
I wonder who developed the idea that every blog you need adsense to make money.

If there is one lesson i have learnt blogging since 2015

"Not all blogs need adsense to make money"

I bit of background, i started blogging in 2015, i setup a couple of blogs but none of them were so popular.

One of them was an Agricultural niched blog that i am passionate about

When i started my traffic was 1 visitor every two days, gradually it went to 5 per week.

For me i wasn't really bothered as the idea was to give value.

Gradually it grew to 20 a week, to today where its doing 125 visitors per week.

Most of those looking at using adsense for blogging would be laughing now cos this is no where near what is need to get approved for adsense.

Like most of you who were hunting for adsense approve, i did the same and got rejected multiple times.

Did that make me stop, no, i kept blogging away

As i kept doing it, i noticed one thing.

I was getting a lot of comments, calls, feedback and messages from those visiting my blog.

The traffic when these calls started coming in, was less than 30 visitors a day, but i noticed that my bounce rate were way too low, with people spending and inordinate amount of time reading my blog 20min - 45min.

From this people started dropping comments, calling and asking for more details and information.

This cumulated into me and friend running a training to answer these questions in 2017, we billed the training at 20k per head, We thought people would complain about the price.

But, someone who wanted to be trained who came from the blog actually said they would pay over a 300k for the training.(as we would need to pay for hotel and logistics for each attendee)

We finally set our training at 100k, we joked and laughed that nobody will attend

We were wrong

We had over 11 attendees on the first training day, we had 2 expatriates from Lebenon and China, which blew our minds, as in these guys came all the way to Ife for our training. We had people from the North all the way to Bayelesa. (That was a big Wow moment for us).

We ran the training monthly for eight months before i had a falling out with my friend(naija greed), due to location and logistic and over spending.

Since then, i create one on one consultancy sessions, ebooks, guides, feasibility studies and business lists people actual bought, which has lead to between, 100k-300k a year in profits.

I just added one and one online training and discussions via whatsapp call and zoom, which i has gather a lot of interest from my visitors, leading to a class end of july.

Today the max traffic i get on the blog, hasn't gone beyone 125 visitors, with most of my traffic source coming from Google, facebook, linkedin and Nairaland.

Why am i telling you this.

Please, any upcoming blogger , please stop thinking adsense is your only way to make money blogging.

Adsense requires numbers, lots and lots of numbers(visitors)

You as a new blogger, do not require lots and lots of visitors, you need the right visitors. You need few of the right visitors to see value in what your blog solves and be willing to talk to you about how you can solve their problem.

Then you have the basis for something that can make you millions.

Further to this.

If you are a blogger and have being going the adsense route and are not seeing any progress, but would want to try what i did, i am open to help.

Just tell me about your blog and i will go through and give advise on what you can do to change.
Re: How I Made Money Blogging With Less Than 125 Visitor A Day And No Adsense by brianblogmoney(m): 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2021
Oh yeah, did i mention that the site design was terrible.

My home then, looked like something your little cousin drew on sand, absolutely terrible.

Even now i just updated it last year and it still looks like an eye sore.

But nearly everyone who lands on the site, has never landed on it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do Web Programmers Charge For Static Websites / Foreign Numbers To Verify Any Account Available / Tips To Increase Your Amazon Associate Conversion And Commission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.