Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist (61592 Views)

Tour De France / This Is How The Legs Of A Tour De France Cyclist Look / Neymar Punches A Fan After Coupe De France Loss (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by fergie001: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
Stage 1 of the Tour de France between Brest and Landerneau has been severely disrupted after there was a massive crash caused by a roadside supporter with a sign

A massive crash has severely disrupted the opening stage of the Tour de France.

Riders were travelling between Brest and Landerneau when the colossal pile-up occurred.

The incident happened after Jumbo-Visma rider Tony Martin hit a supporters' sign.

The supporter was holding the sign out above the road and didn't seem to be looking at the cyclists.

Martin couldn't avoid the outstretched sign and looked visibly concerned as he realised what was about to happen.

He careered straight into the cardboard message before coming off his bike and tumbling to the ground.

The 36-year-old fell right into the path of an oncoming rider, who almost ran over his head.

Dozens of riders could be seen sprawled across the ground
Martin's fall produced a domino effect which rippled through the tightly-bunched peloton, causing dozens more riders to hit the deck.

An aerial shot appeared to show upwards of 20 riders and their bikes sprawled across the asphalt.

Although some competitors remounted their bikes, at least one rider decided to abandon the race entirely.

The crash happened on the opening stage of the Tour de France, which runs for 21 days until July 18.

SOURCE

The race continued when they got up gradually

The riders involved are setting off again gradually.

#TDF2021

Tour de France

⏱The crash shook up the race, but the group are coming back and we now have a peloton trailing �� @IdeSchelling by 1'29"

#TDF2021

Tour de France

Team DSM rider Jasha Sütterlin (from Germany) was one of those who chose to retire from the event.

�� @JashaStterlin abandons.

#TDF2021

Tour de France

Tony Martin was heavily injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bjh88Gupng

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by fergie001: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
CYCLING: Julian Alaphilippe wins #TourDeFrance opening stage, claims yellow jersey

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by PlayMaker14: 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
That "Idiot" can be likened to one popular Buhari Media Cow in this forum who's notorious for grilling dead vulture meats for unsuspecting victims.

When a vast majority of Nairalanders are cycling forward for a better Nigeria, the renowned vulture meat entrepreneur will come out with his "Darling Daddy Cardboard" to disrupt us 10yrs backward.

418 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Fahdiga1: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
He deserves the idiot of the year award. Truly some people are not meant to be in a certain place at a certain time. Same way Buhari bumped into Nigeria and crashed everything

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by ValCon888: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
Stage 1 of the Tour de France between Brest
I came to this thread because of breast but I was disappointed.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by bamdly(m): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
the idiot don spoil tickets for some people
the guy will run and hide under his bed so that feds won't catch him

5 Likes

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Officialhorlah(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle grin

32 Likes

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by DankemzI(m): 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Oleku angry
I can't wait for Calabar carnival to come back so Latinos will que at Ibom Republic embassy for Visa
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Amotolongbo(f): 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
ValCon888:

I came to this thread because of breast but I was disappointed.
brest is a city in France.

If you are familiar with French league, you won’t confuse it with brezz

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Boomboost(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Why name a place Brest? angry

Couldn't the Martin guy dodge the "idiot" and konk him as he rides off. I would have jumped off my bicycle and slap him. Stupid!

19 Likes

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Risingblue008(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
W
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by tillaman(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
grin
Na Super fan him be abeg, why can’t they provide each cyclist with koboko
One koboko could have averted this, congrats to the winner though

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Classyruns: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
Wow
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
We thank God no life was lost,
That is the Koko!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Blacknote: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Seniorwriter(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
Unfortunate Incident..

BTW so it's allowed on NL to use such words as Idiot on a topic...wonderful wowderful....

I'm sure that Idiot was over- excited....positive part for him is that he is now part of this Tour Event story.

Please do not pull such a stunt in Nigeria else.....

@Seniorwriter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Emeka71(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Sorry case; so you mean that one bicyclist crash can lead to multiple crashes.
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by olaszydaruma(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Wahala for who dey ride bicycle grin

1 Like

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by mytime24(f): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Village people

They d crowd

1 Like

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Heartbroken cry

1 Like

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by abobote: 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Thank God no life was lost. The whether is so cold here, as it has been raining since afternoon, and I have been lonely in my hotel room, thinking of calling my side chick back, I left her, coz of this chidimma story just as Cubana chief priest advised
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by platido(m): 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Anything coming from france these days be careful. Their president slap we never talk finished.

Another idiot want create history. How wish it was Buhari that guy slapped like that. Sincerely by now everybody for this afonja APC gofment for dey okay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by money121(m): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Afobaba33(m): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Double wahalla
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by opalu: 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hmm
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by All4fun: 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
R
Re: Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist by Kachi4christ(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
I can't stop laughing grin grin...The guy na pure mumu the mother must be ashamed of him
PlayMaker14:
That "Idiot" can be likened to one popular Buhari Media Cow in this forum who's notorious for grilling dead vulture meats for unsuspecting victims.

When a vast majority of Nairalanders are cycling forward for a better Nigeria, the renowned vulture meat entrepreneur will come out with his "Darling Daddy Cardboard" to disrupt us 10yrs backward.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Celebrates Eid Mubarak With His Wife, Zulay / Ndidi Carries Both Musa And Iheanacho On His Back During Training (Photo) / Spain Vs Russia: World Cup 1(3) - 1(4) - On 1st July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.