Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible (658 Views)

Female Pastor Gives Ladies Tips On How To Attract A Spouse / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) / The 5-F Pillars Of A Heavenly Minded Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:16am On Jun 27, 2021
It only giving alms that was said or shown on several occasions in the Bible to have any eternal or heavenly reward, not even tithing which church leaders of this day would rather emphasize that was only said to attract an earthly reward. Malachi 3:8-11

Jesus said:

"Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
Luke 12:33-34 (KJV)

Hence giving alms according to Jesus was like opening a heaven savings account which is absolutely secure.

He also said a similar thing to the rich young man who asked Him what he must do to have eternal life.

Matthew 19:21 (KJV)

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

When a chief of the Pharisees invited Him to a feast in his house on a certain sabbath day, this was what He said to the man:

"When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee.
But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:
And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just."
Luke 14:12-14

He also spoke of how He would reward those who gave alms and helped the poor and needy with eternal life when He returns.

Matthew 25:31-40 (KJV)

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

God bless.

Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by Illuminatiship(m): 8:19am On Jun 27, 2021
Ok
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by Mrkcee(m): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2021
It's always good to give to those who are genuinely in need.

1 Like

Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by tobechi20(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2021
Wonderful
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by zoeA: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2021
I have been blessed by these

1 Like

Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by ozome15(m): 10:55am On Jun 27, 2021
So are trying to say that tithing is not as effitve as giving arms, to the need
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
Ok
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
Thanksful:
This topic is misleading.

This is one of the ....
Not the only ...
So what other kind of giving did Christ say attracts a heavenly or eternal reward if you think so?

You can prove me wrong if you show us one.

1 Like

Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
ozome15:
Forget about me, what did Jesus say?
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by Standing5(m): 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Jesus also told us to not let the right hand know what the left is doing as regards charity, but that picture of the giving in the OP is accompanied by a camera. Most NGOs aren't from the heart. Go to borno and hear stories of NGOs shortchanging IDPs. True NGO or NGO-minded folks won't create or seek to make any noise when giving. People give for many reasons. They give to insult, they give out of strife, jealousy, to attract donation(like NGOs do). Some even give to impress onlookers. Some give out of devilish instincts. If you aren't giving for any of the above mentioned purpose, I see no reason for publishing your givings.
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by ozome15(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Forget about me, what did Jesus say?
Is what jesus said or what bible say. Becouse somewhere in the bible, God said my word is me and i am my word. and is the old testment diffent from the new testment?
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
ozome15:

Is what jesus said or what bible say. Becouse somewhere in the bible, God said my word is me and i am my word. and is the old testment diffent from the new testment?
Jesus is the Word of God.
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2021
Standing5:
Jesus also told us to not let the right hand know what the left is doing as regards charity, but that picture of the giving in the OP is accompanied by a camera. Most NGOs aren't from the heart. Go to borno and hear stories of NGOs shortchanging IDPs. True NGO or NGO-minded folks won't create or seek to make any noise when giving. People give for many reasons. They give to insult, they give out of strife, jealousy, to attract donation(like NGOs do). Some even give to impress onlookers. Some give out of devilish instincts. If you aren't giving for any of the above mentioned purpose, I see no reason for publishing your givings.

Do you have any issues with people giving alms, because I don't think you would be speaking of what Jesus said if it was tithes and offering instead the person in the picture was giving.

Besides, how do you know it was the person's camera? Can't you also see that it was an urgent situation where the needy needed to be fed immediately.

Heartlessness is what comes to mind if all you can see here is what was not in the picture!
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by Standing5(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Do you have any issues with people giving alms, because I don't think you would be speaking of what Jesus said if it was tithes and offering instead the person in the picture was giving.

Besides, how do you know it was the person's camera? Can't you also see that it was an urgent situation where the needy needed to be fed immediately.

Heartlessness is what comes to mind if all you can see here is what was not in the picture!
If Jesus sent you here as you claimed in your signature, follow what Jesus said about how to give alms. Urgency can make one forget to turn off the camera but that isn't the case here. Most people do it on purpose to be seen by men and for the praise of men.
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by Standing5(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

So Jesus was heartless when he asked christians to avoid publicity when doing charity? Take it easy.
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Standing5:
Jesus Christ did not come to call NGOs to Himself but individuals, so the agreement He represents is one between God and individuals, not businesses or groups. undecided

A group publishing its giving is one thing and has nothing to do with Jesus Christ, even if they business is "glorified" as such. undecided
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
Standing5:

If Jesus sent you here as you claimed in your signature, follow what Jesus said about how to give alms. Urgency can make one forget to turn off the camera but that isn't the case here. Most people do it on purpose to be seen by men and for the praise of men.

Speak of the devil who sent you here to make a mountain out of a mere picture I used to illustrate giving alms which Jesus emphasized as shown in the topic, not whether Jesus sent me here or not.

You're really concerned about what Jesus said about giving alms, yet since you've been in NL you've never opened a single thread of giving alms, but several on tithes which He belittled as a lesser matter of the law.

So stop using what Jesus said to disguise your real grouse here because you don't care about what Jesus says about giving alms but tithes!

Jesus spake of intentions concerning giving alms, not necessarily whether it's done in public or not, that's why He approved of Zacchaeus declaration of his alms despite that he announced it in public. So it's the intention God sees hence even if you give alms in secret, if it's with the wrong intentions you would have no reward either.

So quit speaking maliciously of things you don't know or care about.
Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
Standing5:

So Jesus was heartless when he asked christians to avoid publicity when doing charity? Take it easy.
Jesus is not the heartless person who doesn't preach about alms, but comes to a thread that preached about it in accordance with His Word, but want to condemn the thread just because of a picture illustration of the topic.

So using Jesus to justify your hatred for the poor is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by efficiencie(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2021
ozome15:

If you are giving to a denomination that is using funds to transform the lives of others for good you are doing a worthy thing as well. We are admonished to give to the necessity of the saints (Romans 12:13).

1 Like

Re: The Only Kind Of Giving Said To Attract A Heavenly Reward In The Bible by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:11am On Jul 04, 2021
Mrkcee:
It's always good to give to those who are genuinely in need.
True.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists / African Countries To Make MRNA Vaccines Hoax And The Gullible African Public / Pastor Kumuyi's Visit To Address Insecurity In Abia, Says Church Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.