Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? (25730 Views)

Developing An Action Plan / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Developing Country Scholarships, Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by 3RNEST(m): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Freelancing fully, upwork.
I do Approve Upwork account as well.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

Alright dont be too cocky about it.
Everybody needs some help sometime.
if na me I no go help you ooh
You don already insult am because you thought he was nothing
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by pansophist(m): 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Lilpen3758:
how can one be jobless and still live a good life??
Who go dey feed am?

Na government go de feed am.

They have something called "the Nordic model", basically it's a social welfare system that covers every legal residents from "cradle to grave". Its a combination of free health care, free education, and a right to an amount for your livelihood (usually pegged at the minimum wage).

I mean think about it. It cold almost all year round, and during winter, the winter will kill you if you're not sheltered. It's not like naija where you can crash under bridge, where the weather is warm. Their weather and geography is so unforgiven that they have to adopt a strong defense against it, and the nordic model was the outcome. So you can basically go to the welfare office, drag an officer out and give him a well-aimed uppercut for delaying your monthly payment, its your right, its allowed grin

When you've experienced things like frozen hands that your fingers becomes stiff, and would need to defrost, when you can feel the airflow going through your throat to your lungs because the throat is dehydrated, when you've experienced flu that both of your nostrils are blocked, and you'll have to breathe through your mouth all through the night, then you'll understand why they pay people to live there lol.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by UrVillagePpl: 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
Onnasucs1:
I'm trying to learn Data Science and also Crypto trading.

It's not been easy

We shall succeed..
Just continue.

Just a quick question.
Does programming entails Data science??

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by anselm791(m): 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
Lilpen3758:
if na me I no go help you ooh
You don already insult am because you thought he was nothing

If you have any idea who you are quoting, you will be asking me for help too. lol
Dude, it's a faceless forum and will take a great deal of self esteem issues to feel insulted by what anyone writes up here.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Edyice: 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
Calitoscassius:
More rubbish! And your so called Jesus created them? Can you prove it?

Did you witness the Jesus create them? You have been brainwashed.

So tell me, who is that someone?

Think am yourself

Do research and ask questions bro grin

You think the sun is just turning for turning sake , what’s if it stop ….. grin Just darkness or only brightness..

Just as cars didn’t create itself or fall from the sky … grin

Someone is watching… mate

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Emma1Oj(m): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Developing myself by being a member of Side Chicks Association Of Nigeria
Oni ra nu
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by YungLasaint(m): 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Seems like I got a partner here lol.

It was like this for me till I needed to get an accountability partner and a coach that will hold me to my words.

Most times doing it alone is hard.

You should attach with other people pursuing the same goal for motivation.

Rich4god:
I just don't knw, but personal development seem to be a big task for me. I can't seem to lay my hands properly on anything.

For some years I have been trying to learn some digital skills, but I can't get hold of it. Funny thing is, I have the lappy, the data and the personal space... But for where I still can't make a head way. Even days when I prepare to face it. I end up watching YouTube.

Too bad.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by YungLasaint(m): 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Your number one challenge is that you're multi talented and you don't really know which skill you need to monitize.

A quick advice here, write down your core skills like I'm an affiliate learning copywriting and a graphic designer. It was a trouble to make any reasonable amount with those skills.

After a conversation with my mentor he told me to focus on affiliate marketing which will.gibe me the ability to develop my copywriting and design skill.

Most time what you know now is enough for yourself development before you add a price tag for it...

Use your skill to develop your personal brand...

Maryjane001:
I recently got certified on Google, digital marketing precisely.
I have basic knowledge in Copywriting and SEO. Still confused with what to do with my life. Wanted to apply for internship, but they demand years of experience. How can I then practice what I have learnt and be good at it?.
I 'v never been this confused. No laptop so I manage my wacky smartphone.
Sometimes I feel my problem is focus.
Will be a graduate in less than a year, I m so scared already. How do I build myself into a valuable person that would make people want to part with their money?. I have no idea.
Any ideas that could be of help to me please?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by YungLasaint(m): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
Issues2:

You are just like me buddy no passion for digital skills

You can bring the passion...
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by anselm791(m): 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Lilpen3758:
grin grin grin grin 70 years old man
lol you already know.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by anselm791(m): 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Lilpen3758:
oga leave this person na
Wetin be your own??
I no even come know again.
I like his honesty though.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Tundex911: 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
About my life, Ogbeni JesuLoba

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Onnasucs1(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
UrVillagePpl:

We shall succeed..
Just continue.

Just a quick question.
Does programming entails Data science??
Does Data Science entails programming? YES

Programming languages like Python is used in Data Science

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by anselm791(m): 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
Calitoscassius:
No one forced them to buy the drugs. I know people who takes drugs but their lives are not ruined. Infact,they are doing alright. Did you know that cough medicine or paracetamol are class C drugs?

I don't have to be a drug dealer, I chose to be one, it's easy money.
I dont know about paracetamol being in that class but I get your point.
I may not necessarily agree with the choices that people make, I however must respect them.
And I hope we all find the happiness we pursue.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Frenzy01(m): 10:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
Everywhere dry.
Nah my dog business I just face like this

I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact info
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Calitoscassius(m): 10:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

I dont know about paracetamol being in that class but I get your point.
I may not necessarily agree with the choices that people make, I however must respect them.
And I hope we all find the happiness we pursue.

paracetamol is class C if you take an overdose of paracetamol like 10 capsules you will find out.

Did you know that you can grind 20 capsules of paracetamol into powder and sniff it like cocaine?

I hope we all find happiness

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Spidermon: 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
Picked up Taekwondo again after a long break.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Calitoscassius(m): 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
Edyice:

Think am yourself

Do research and ask questions bro grin

You think the sun is just turning for turning sake , what’s if it stop ….. grin Just darkness or only brightness..

Just as cars didn’t create itself or fall from the sky … grin

Someone is watching… mate
think what? Ask what? I am asking you, you seem to know so much. Keep telling yourself all that rubbish. I asked you for proofs and you are still yarning dust, I leave you to wallow in folktale land.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Calitoscassius(m): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
Lilpen3758:
brother what's up?
what's up?
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
Calitoscassius:
what's up?
show me way nah
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 11:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

I no even come know again.
I like his honesty though.
hehehehe I don't see any reason for anybody to lie on nairaland it's pointless....

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Eaglesence: 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rich4god:
I just don't knw, but personal development seem to be a big task for me. I can't seem to lay my hands properly on anything.

For some years I have been trying to learn some digital skills, but I can't get hold of it. Funny thing is, I have the lappy, the data and the personal space... But for where I still can't make a head way. Even days when I prepare to face it. I end up watching YouTube.

Too bad.

Brotherly, you need deliverance grin
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
pansophist:

Na government go de feed am.

They have something called "the Nordic model", basically it's a social welfare system that covers every legal residents from "cradle to grave". Its a combination of free health care, free education, and a right to an amount for your livelihood (usually pegged at the minimum wage).

I mean think about it. It cold almost all year round, and during winter, the winter will kill you if you're not sheltered. It's not like naija where you can crash under bridge, where the weather is warm. Their weather and geography is so unforgiven that they have to adopt a strong defense against it, and the nordic model was the outcome. So you can basically go to the welfare office, drag an officer out and give him a well-aimed uppercut for delaying your monthly payment, its your right, its allowed grin

When you've experienced things like frozen hands that your fingers becomes stiff, and would need to defrost, when you can feel the airflow going through your throat to your lungs because the throat is dehydrated, when you've experienced flu that both of your nostrils are blocked, and you'll have to breathe through your mouth all through the night, then you'll understand why they pay people to live there lol.
damn man!!
You sure you ain't exaggerating the way it's cold there?? grin
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

If you have any idea who you are quoting, you will be asking me for help too. lol
Dude, it's a faceless forum and will take a great deal of self esteem issues to feel insulted by what anyone writes up here.
hmmmmm true sha

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Ajilenu: 11:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
Maryjane001:
I recently got certified on Google, digital marketing precisely.
I have basic knowledge in Copywriting and SEO. Still confused with what to do with my life. Wanted to apply for internship, but they demand years of experience. How can I then practice what I have learnt and be good at it?.
I 'v never been this confused. No laptop so I manage my wacky smartphone.
Sometimes I feel my problem is focus.
Will be a graduate in less than a year, I m so scared already. How do I build myself into a valuable person that would make people want to part with their money?. I have no idea.
Any ideas that could be of help to me please?.
hmmmm... Was in your shoes one time.

I'll advice you pick a niche in digital marketing e.g SEO, Media buying, Content writing, Copywriting etc cos Digital Marketing is quite broad. After you've decided on which to learn, you can watch YouTube to see the practical steps.

Niche I'll advise you to go for are media buying, content writing and copywriting cos they are first timer friendly. But based the fact that you don't have a laptop, I'll advise you to try out content writing cos you can use your phone to write content, after you've learned and practiced enough, you can include it on your cv.

With that experience alone, you can shoot your way to the door of getting an internship position for probably an agency which will now be your starting point to the world of marketing.

Should in case you decide not to still toll in the marketing field, just rinse and repeat these steps for other fields.

Cheers my dear smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Eaglesence: 11:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
Hey,

This idea just came to me and I felt that sharing how we are developing ourselves, irrespective of the current economic situations could help those who are confused about the directions of their life to find light, realign their thoughts and get clarity.

I will start by saying I am more digitally skilled, which tilt towards the area of digital marketing space.

I am currently trying to learn graphics design using photoshops and maybe add video editing to it (I have basic knowledge of this).

Why are am I doing this? Well, for the sake of making money with the skill of course, not only in Nigerian Market but in international space because.

So how are you developing yourself in life? Please share and don't forget that you might help those who are lost find clarity on what to do in their life.

I go around preaching the good news of the gospel of Christ. I plan on intensifying. What more can I ask for. Doing business with Baba God Himself grin

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Ajilenu: 11:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
pansophist:

Are you sure you'll like Iceland? It's colder than your freezer, and their winter darkness is darker than charcoal, no kidding. Also, you'll feel like an exotic animal, as its a very small country that borders no other country, a population less than 500k people surrounded by frozen sea, and very very white. The black population there are incredibly small to none.

And it's forking expensive, it's the country where I bought the most expensive pizza, imagine 10k for normal medium size pizza lol. And as per the language, forget it. Infact Chinese easy pass am. But one thing is guaranteed, an extremely high quality of life. You can choose to be jobless till you die and still live a good life. I hope you make it there.
this your last paragraph is funny. After you've said all these to discourage him.

Sometimes, we should refrain from unsolicited advice provided he won't get harmed. Let people see life by themselves and make a decision with that.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Ajilenu: 12:08am On Jun 28, 2021
michresakidjo:

I'll be 25 comes august yet the only skill I have is Gas refiling and repair, as an undergrad, such business is not allowed around school area as one has to travel off campus to get gas. Beside this I don't the capital to start but lately I have discovered that digital skills are way forward for this century and I'm ready to take advantage of it.
Is it still possible for me to learn at this age and make money coz I'm downtrodden and always moody about the situation I find myself, I have really work hard in the past. I served someone for almost a decade without salary and nothing to boast of, except that I got admitted into university. Even the my school fees was paid by my mother who lives in another state. I have made effort and shown keen interest in acquiring these skills but my foster parent business has always stood on my ways. I still depends largely on my mother but

Now
Brothers I'm awake and ready to please what can I do...I need help

Please what the selling digital skills around ejor.
hmmmm... Was in your shoes one time.

I'll advice you pick a niche in digital marketing e.g SEO, Media buying, Content writing, Copywriting etc cos Digital Marketing is quite broad. After you've decided on which to learn, you can watch YouTube to see the practical steps.

Niche I'll advise you to go for are media buying, content writing and copywriting cos they are first timer friendly. But based the fact that you don't have a laptop, I'll advise you to try out content writing cos you can use your phone to write content, after you've learned and practiced enough, you can include it on your cv.

With that experience alone, you can shoot your way to the door of getting an internship position for probably an agency which will now be your starting point to the world of marketing.

Should in case you decide not to still toll in the marketing field, just rinse and repeat these steps for other fields.

Cheers my dear smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
My normal bombing is okay for me

Trying to be a key board warrior or rather lord of keyboard ....

I go chat you up...but you know these days .....the son of man dey dey careful.....make efcc nor go use person shine
Slowormirr my bro sorry if I spelt the name wrong abeg I just de feel u n I know say man de careful these days but abeg I need help show me even if nah chikini way make man take hold body, anybody that want to talk nonsense about this my decision should go to hell n roast I don tire for Nigeria, bro I de wait your reply
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 28, 2021
CapitalBank:
Don't be scared. You are on the right path already... Continue learning digital skills. You are even lucky that you have Google that put this together for you, when people like us started the digital marketing journey, there were no resources like Google Cert. We had to scout forums to acquire the knowledge, downloaded tons of ebooks...

I didn't make money for some years with the knowledge I acquired because I didn't know how to apply them but today, things are taking shape.

Now, I am trying to use the knowledge to help offline businesses. I also have an offline start-up that I started with a friend, more like a B2B of a sort.

How can I use digital marketing here? After dealing with the first clients, I will build something called FUNNEL. With this funnel, I will be able to be in my house and get clients in Portharcourt and Abuja, and as well as Lagos.... This wouldn't be possible If I NEVER had this knowledge.

I will advise that you focus on how to run ads using Facebook, google, and youtube. It is in HIGH DEMAND skill.. You can make a shit load of money helping US, UK, CANADA, Germany businesses generate customers for their businesses.

If you have any question, please ask. I am here.
Wow Funnel?. Was watching a video of Russel building funnels for different types of businesses. I ll watch that video again to understand it better.
Thanks a lot. Btw, do you know how I can get started with ads?.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 28, 2021
GeneralPula:

Go and learn Barbing or hair dressing..

Start saving money the moment you start seeing money..

Buy yourself a laptop and whatever you need and start from there..

But if you don’t want to become independent, then doing runs is the other solution for your predicament..

This I have seen..
I m on IT placement now. I applied for jobs but most weren't willing to take me because I was still a student who could leave very soon. The ones that managed to take me either had very poor salary or the distance was something else
So I had to back down and start learning skills online. If not for a certain free data I used, I wouldn't have achieved much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abuja Magistrate Orders Lawyer Handcuffed, Jailed For Challenging Him / Bad Money Habits And How To Break Them / Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.