Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? (25722 Views)

Developing An Action Plan / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Developing Country Scholarships, Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Rick9(m): 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Drawing Closer to Jesus Christ.

Praying everyday because my life depends on it.

Reading and researching constantly to keep my mind fresh with information and knowledge.

Learning Music Production and getting so good at it together with Audio Engineering.

I have also learned a little bit of Graphics Design.

Searching for ways I can take my music production career to the next level.

Finally jakpa on mind.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
frankson1:

Is at the bolded part of your self development grin grin.

Well... .it's a training I offer to people with a token to help develop themselves.

Wow, nice.
Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by seyz91(m): 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
So you can kill more sugar daddies and add to their dead list abi undecided

Shioorrr!

Smh
nairavsdollars:
Developing myself by being a member of Side Chicks Association Of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by TheDarkGamer: 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kolojadeen:

Can you develop an write a movie script ?
Yes, contact me on telegram @ConsistentWriter. Let's talk.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Datfashionboi: 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
It’s been years I logged into my account here but because of this thread I went to reactivate it. I’m a fashion designer and also a graduate,God has been good to me but I want other stream of income. So am hoping to learn here.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Ezegbe: 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rich4god:
I just don't knw, but personal development seem to be a big task for me. I can't seem to lay my hands properly on anything.

For some years I have been trying to learn some digital skills, but I can't get hold of it. Funny thing is, I have the lappy, the data and the personal space... But for where I still can't make a head way. Even days when I prepare to face it. I end up watching YouTube.

Too bad.

It's understandable that it is a difficult thing to put somethings in perspective for personal development. But truth is in the current age of you have data,time and laptop you are almost half way of becoming a better version for yourself. If you don't mind you can send me a DM and we can talk about it.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Ezegbe: 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
Paxxcarl:
Just pray for grace
If na by hardwork, carpenter suppose be bigman

Are you saying,Dangote did not do any work and he just had grace? God is not impartial. Just as they say, those ready for opportunities make the most of it. I think the question are you ready for the opportunities? My brother it makes the difference. Change this mindset.it will get you stuck in many things.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Spiff20(m): 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
CharisEleos:
Now, this is what I've been meaning to share with anyone it may concern but I see most people don't like that line so I'm most times reluctant to share it. Glad this opportunity came up though.

This is/was how I developed myself to be able to survive the harsh economy that was hit by the global meltdown some years back and it has been my saving grace till today. At least to some extent compared to if I didn't take that bold step to develop myself.

Before the global meltdown, I was thriving in my profession as a secretary/ PA. After the meltdown, it became very difficult getting that nature of job and if I got it, is either I face sexual harraments and get laid off or settle for jobs that I didn't find fufilling due to the demanding nature or paywise.

I decided to go into teaching full-time but it was still demanding with meagre pay. That was when I decided to develop myself by going back to study a part-time subject so I can go into part-time teaching and be able to manage my time, job, spiritual and personal life effectively.

After that, I resigned from my full time job and started getting schools to teach on part-time and i charge what I was earning per month as a full timer then per school now and it's just once a week.

So, you can actually have 5 schools, or more but with more schools, you'll need extra hands and extra hands requires you pay but then it's still lucrative because if the extra hand is covering 5 schools x 30k that is 150 a month and you pay her 40k. You'll gain 110 a month from her side plus the 5 you are covering.

Now, even if you're the lazy type who just want to stick to your own or Maybe you're having a challenge getting good hands, you'll still thrive.

Schools are really looking for these part- time Teachers. Eg are

Phonetics
French
Yoruba.
Computer appreciation
Cursive and Nelson Writing

Now, I'm planning to go study french to add to what I already have. So I can also be both a French and Diction Instructor in the schools I work. God helping me.

If you want to train to be a certified phonics/ Diction Instructor, PM me. Ill train you for a token amount and you'll be awarded a certificate by a certified Academy. It's going to be an online training with audio.

The Lagos State ministry of education has finally included phonics and phonetics subjects to their curriculum. So the demand for phonics instructors will be high. Don't miss out.

PM only, Please.
This part time teaching can you elaborate on it ? Never heard of it. I've pmed you though.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Spiff20(m): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
seanwilliam:
Na all of una Dey learn graphics design ,, make una no saturate the market nah
they Don saturate am already boss
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by beta247: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
Trying to learn Arabic and French. I have a certificate in Arabic language already. Can someone assist with materia/link/schools

Any form of assistance would be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Onnasucs1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
Mrbelz:
I can teach you crypto trading for free
I just sent you a PM
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Onnasucs1(m): 6:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
Onyeka8:

Please how have u been able to achieve this. I like wat your doing. Please help me. Put me through. Here's my e-mail: onyekag8@gmail.com

Op tnx for this topic. I'm grateful. It will surely help some people.
i just sent you an email
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by CapitalBank: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

This is most useful topic I ever seen on NL,
I hope the posters dont have your mentality.
no lol... I am bigger than that.

I already stated the reason why I created the thread. It is to help people find clarity but unfortunately, they have derailed the thread and denied people who need this help the privilege to gain clarity.

You don't want to know the number of people that are confused about the next phase of their life. Luckily, I don't fall into that category because I already have some things going on for me offline, just some delay but patience is virtue in this case, however massive the projects are.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Abcruz(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
I have acquired skills in:
-Data science
-web development
-Crypto trading
-Domain flipping
-Audio Transcription

I'm currently learning copyrighting.
You can never go out of relevance with the right skills and determination.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by hstar: 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
Alright
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by CapitalBank: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
michresakidjo:

Okay the way to go is all I need
Sorry for the delay. My laptop suddenly refused to detect my phone hotspot.

Okay, digital skills are skills that you use on PC/Internet.

It is one of the best decisions I ever made in my life and no, being 25 is not too late, there are even men in their 40s and 50s still in the game... you are pretty young, and don't let Instagram or internet people pressure you.

Now, to start with, there are so many skills that you can learn, and one way to quickly help you is through YouTube.

Graphics designs and video editing. All you have to do is go to YouTube and search "How to do graphics" and you will find many videos that can aid you.

There is also coding and programming. This one is one that enables you to design a website and software. Again, you can use Youtube to learn this

There is animation and this also has videos on youtube to teach you.

Internet marketing is about selling on the internet and it encompasses a lot of sections from article writing, to video creations and so many other moving parts.

I will suggest that you start with graphics design and video editing. This one has unlimited applications and in the demand too.

One of the beauties of digital skills is that it can allow you to be in Nigeria and work for a company that is in the US. We call this freelancing and sites like Fiverr.com, Upwork.com make this possible. You will cash your dollars here in Nigeria live and direct. I kid you not. You can find tutorials on freelancing on YouTube as well.

So, pick an area of interest, learn it and master it and then offer it as a service on the international space.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by CapitalBank: 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
Abcruz:
I have acquired skills in:
-Data science
-web development
-Crypto trading
-Domain flipping
-Audio Transcription

I'm currently learning copyrighting.
You can never go out of relevance with the right skills and determination.
Hmmm... fellow domainer, I hail o.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Abcruz(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
Hmmm... fellow domainer, I hail o.

Weldone bro wink
How is the business going?
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by incorrectpin(m): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
This is something to think about and act.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by CapitalBank: 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
Maryjane001:
I recently got certified on Google, digital marketing precisely.
I have basic knowledge in Copywriting and SEO. Still confused with what to do with my life. Wanted to apply for internship, but they demand years of experience. How can I then practice what I have learnt and be good at it?.
I 'v never been this confused. No laptop so I manage my wacky smartphone.
Sometimes I feel my problem is focus.
Will be a graduate in less than a year, I m so scared already. How do I build myself into a valuable person that would make people want to part with their money?. I have no idea.
Any ideas that could be of help to me please?.
Don't be scared. You are on the right path already... Continue learning digital skills. You are even lucky that you have Google that put this together for you, when people like us started the digital marketing journey, there were no resources like Google Cert. We had to scout forums to acquire the knowledge, downloaded tons of ebooks...

I didn't make money for some years with the knowledge I acquired because I didn't know how to apply them but today, things are taking shape.

Now, I am trying to use the knowledge to help offline businesses. I also have an offline start-up that I started with a friend, more like a B2B of a sort.

How can I use digital marketing here? After dealing with the first clients, I will build something called FUNNEL. With this funnel, I will be able to be in my house and get clients in Portharcourt and Abuja, and as well as Lagos.... This wouldn't be possible If I NEVER had this knowledge.

I will advise that you focus on how to run ads using Facebook, google, and youtube. It is in HIGH DEMAND skill.. You can make a shit load of money helping US, UK, CANADA, Germany businesses generate customers for their businesses.

If you have any question, please ask. I am here.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by CapitalBank: 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
Abcruz:

Weldone bro wink
How is the business going?
wink I am one of the pioneers of the topic on nairaland. I left it to focus on something else, though I have some pending sales right now but nothing concrete yet.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by nairavsdollars(f): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
anuofia
wonderr:
if this your post is to show that you are in support of chidinma I pray may all your male children encounter the same thing that usifo ataga encountered especially when you are at the stage of benefiting from them
the lady ended the life of a breadwinner a billionaire for that matter and you are hear posting her as if she is a celebrity
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Abcruz(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
wink I am one of the pioneers of the topic on nairaland. I left it to focus on something else, though I have some pending sales right now but nothing concrete yet.

Same here..
I left it a long time ago but I decided to look into it again. We shall smile at last!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by JBoss25(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Developing myself by being a member of Side Chicks Association Of Nigeria
We know you're not a girl, just stop
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by tobey2ng(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rich4god:
I just don't knw, but personal development seem to be a big task for me. I can't seem to lay my hands properly on anything.

For some years I have been trying to learn some digital skills, but I can't get hold of it. Funny thing is, I have the lappy, the data and the personal space... But for where I still can't make a head way. Even days when I prepare to face it. I end up watching YouTube.

Too bad.
I see lack of discipline. Be focus and set timeline to achieve task/milestone.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
michjunior:
All the bad friends my parent warned me about done make
am finish ....The good ones dey do POS
chaii!!!
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Develop? Bullshit!! I am staying a drug dealer for life it pays way better.
brother what's up?
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by BrazilaAirporta: 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
Omx is important
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

Ataga is the 50yr old man who died from the cold hands of a 21yr old lady he was having an affair with.
She blames it on DRUGS.
The outcome you might choose to accept doesn't entirely end with the consequences that have to do with you.
There are other people involved with what you do.
Everything in life is connected.
oga leave this person na
Wetin be your own??
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
iamadonis2:
No worry. I’m a dunce.

Thanks anyways
no you are not....
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
pansophist:

Are you sure you'll like Iceland? It's colder than your freezer, and their winter darkness is darker than charcoal, no kidding. Also, you'll feel like an exotic animal, as its a very small country that borders no other country, a population less than 500k people surrounded by frozen sea, and very very white. The black population there are incredibly small to none.

And it's forking expensive, it's the country where I bought the most expensive pizza, imagine 10k for normal medium size pizza lol. And as per the language, forget it. Infact Chinese easy pass am. But one thing is guaranteed, an extremely high quality of life. You can choose to be jobless till you die and still live a good life. I hope you make it there.
how can one be jobless and still live a good life??
Who go dey feed am?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Lilpen3758: 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
grin
anselm791:

Oya sorry na, I just dont like religious folks.
I'm happy you lack nothing, can you help my life?
grin grin grin 70 years old man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fred Oyetayo's 24th Birthday Pictures CEO Of Fresible, Lawrepositoryng / Abuja Magistrate Orders Lawyer Handcuffed, Jailed For Challenging Him / Bad Money Habits And How To Break Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.