Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? (25690 Views)

Developing An Action Plan / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Developing Country Scholarships, Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
dslintegrated:

And how do you want to be reached easily without dropping your contact
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Ademat7(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Luu40:
In addition to being a professional teacher, I have MS Office skills, particularly Excel. I'm very versatile with the internet stuff and several other computer skills in fixing software related issues. I'm gradually digitalising almost everything in the school I teach.

I'm currently taking a python course on Udemy. I'm hoping by the end of the program I would have accumulated several skills to put me in a good position to do other soft things.
Now tell other schools that you can replicate the digital switch over in theirs too

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by neyyoh: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
Gym and eating.

Need to fix my eating disorder. Everything else is good!
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by TossTos: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
The First thing i did to develop myself is SELF DISCOVERY, i discover myself , i know the essence of my being and what i've got passion for and if it connects at all . Then i start working towards it , gathers information , build up myself , got a mentor , follow footprints , i did a scale of preference accomplish one before the other gradually . Through myself discovery , i found out i am more of phlegmatic and also melancholy . I am self sufficient , i dont stress myself , no worries , que sera sera , praise God, Seek Forgiveness and i jump hurdles and life goes on !

7 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Haipre: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
Achz:
I learnt sports Arbing. Now, am into crypto(60% capable), am also learning Forex. I make a minimum of 8k on a daily basis with Sports Arbitrage alone without mentioning others.

Big man... I have been trying to learn sport arbitrage and value betting... 8k minimum everyday is definitely something... How do you go about it... I just have basic knowledge about it

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by fattprince(m): 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
pansophist:

Good point.

But but...... it's convenient to live in a place where people that look like you are part of the integral demography of the society. There are lots of countries that fit that criteria in Europe such as the UK, France, Ireland, Netherlands and if the Nordic countries is your thing, then Sweden will be the best option. Its the most immigrant friendly country in the nordics.

Please sir, if I want to migrate to Sweden how much should I budget sir, in naira please.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by SenecaTheYonger: 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
iamadonis2:
Honestly I feel like pausing any self development agenda in Nigeria. My entire focus right now is geared towards a life that’ll give me the chance to relocate to one small village in Iceland where I can:

watch the aurora each night.
Read books.
Listen to great music.
Keep a great family and make great friendships.
Then I die.

You all in Nigeria can keep using Benz and iPhone to tension your statistically short lives.

NB: Life expectancy for a Nigerian is 52 short years

I’ve never seen anyone with a similar goal as mine. This is such a fantastic goal man.

I had a conversation with someone about this and it was that if I had 1 billion Naira what will I do? They thought I’ll talk about buying properties.

Omo, I told them I will relocate to another small European country and start a family there. I told them the thought of my children growing up here gives me heartache.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Revere27: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
Krismas:
coolPls is fiverr not suppose to be Amazon kindle direct publishing? Pls how does it work? Am trying to take a go at it. Tanks

Sir... I also just started with that and still searching for someone that can enlighten me better on it.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

I’ve never seen anyone with a similar goal as mine. This is such a fantastic goal man.

I had a conversation with someone about this and it was that if I had 1 billion Naira what will I do? They thought I’ll talk about buying properties.

Omo, I told them I will relocate to another small European country and start a family there. I told them the thought of my children growing up here gives me heartache.

Citizenship of a sane society may well be seen as a lucrative investment too.

But no, many of us in Naija thinks it ends in buying choice real estate

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by obianoooo: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
Achz:
I learnt sports Arbing. Now, am into crypto(60% capable), am also learning Forex. I make a minimum of 8k on a daily basis with Sports Arbitrage alone without mentioning others.

Bro please can you put me through on hat sports arbitrage

Thanks
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by bepositive11: 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
BrainEya:
(◔‿◔)

After this, I'm deactivating.

What really cause poverty is that you are looking for love at the age of hustling.

That's how I'm developing myself currently..

This is very true!!! All my friends who were spending their youthful years in relationships are way behind my level. Hustling before relationships all the way! We have to be very wise with how we spend our time

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by BarrElChapo(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
michjunior:
All the bad friends my parent warned me about done make
am finish ....The good ones dey do POS

Lmaooooo grin
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by leketon: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Developing myself by being a member of Side Chicks Association Of Nigeria

My sister do not crack joke like this online because of future.

Your opponents might use it against you...

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Teaser4(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
themes009:

Mine too bro, we are in this together
by this next year, we go celebrate father's day... Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by pansophist(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
fattprince:

Please sir, if I want to migrate to Sweden how much should I budget sir, in naira please.

I don't know how much you'll need, but www.migrationsverket.se/English/Startpage.html will help you.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by lordally(m): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
iamadonis2:
Honestly I feel like pausing any self development agenda in Nigeria. My entire focus right now is geared towards a life that’ll give me the chance to relocate to one small village in Iceland where I can:

watch the aurora each night.
Read books.
Listen to great music.
Keep a great family and make great friendships.
Then I die.

You all in Nigeria can keep using Benz and iPhone to tension your statistically short lives.

NB: Life expectancy for a Nigerian is 52 short years

How do you intend moving to Island
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by CapitalBank: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
michresakidjo:

I'll be 25 comes august yet the only skill I have is Gas refiling and repair, as an undergrad, such business is not allowed around school area as one has to travel off campus to get gas. Beside this I don't the capital to start but lately I have discovered that digital skills are way forward for this century and I'm ready to take advantage of it.
Is it still possible for me to learn at this age and make money coz I'm downtrodden and always moody about the situation I find myself, I have really work hard in the past. I served someone for almost a decade without salary and nothing to boast of, except that I got admitted into university. Even the my school fees was paid by my mother who lives in another state. I have made effort and shown keen interest in acquiring these skills but my foster parent business has always stood on my ways. I still depends largely on my mother but

Now
Brothers I'm awake and ready to please what can I do...I need help

Please what the selling digital skills around ejor.
please allow me to come on PC to detail it well.

I created this thread because of people like you who maybe lost and confused. If you are the only one that I can answer, I will because the thread has been derailed, I will be okay...

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by 21Ogodol: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
Hey,

This idea just came to me and I felt that sharing how we are developing ourselves, irrespective of the current economic situations could help those who are confused about the directions of their life to find light, realign their thoughts and get clarity.

I will start by saying I am more digitally skilled, which tilt towards the area of digital marketing space.

I am currently trying to learn graphics design using photoshops and maybe add video editing to it (I have basic knowledge of this).

Why are am I doing this? Well, for the sake of making money with the skill of course, not only in Nigerian Market but in international space because.

So how are you developing yourself in life? Please share and don't forget that you might help those who are lost find clarity on what to do in their life.
more ideas pls
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Icehood2020(m): 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
Achz:
brother I beg put me through on this Sports Arbitrage, I have done some research about that. Please I need a guideline direction
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by wonderr(m): 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
Contekbbc:

I'm really disappointed @you
Why do you have to place this big curse on a fellow human being Just because of what is posted
You are not an example of anything good
there was a condition it's not a direct curse read well
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by fattprince(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
pansophist:

I don't know how much you'll need, but www.migrationsverket.se/English/Startpage.html will help you.
Thank you kind sir. I will check this out
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by michresakidjo(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
please allow me to come on PC to detail it well.

I created this thread because of people like you who maybe lost and confused. If you are the only one that I can answer, I will because the thread has been derailed, I will be okay...

Okay the way to go is all I need
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Mrbelz(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
I can teach you crypto trading for free
Onnasucs1:
I'm trying to learn Data Science and also Crypto trading.

It's not been easy
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by vioment: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
From my point of view, Personal development is the discipline, the stoicism, the understanding of relationship with others, mind development, etc.

Many people here are talking about skills development, which is like academic progression (like school).

Personal development is the daily training to manage one's life. For example, you are trying to learn many things, your personal developmental skill will give you that ability to manage your priorities, so that you don't loose your mind that will affect everything you have labored for.

All skills are perishable, if they are not applied as habits. Have you met someone that says "if na before eh, I for dun do am like this or that, for example if you dey raise ball up to 20, and now you can only do 5 or 10, because you don't raise ball like you use to before; so that is change of focus.

Personal development is the growth of one self as a person. The relationship you have with family, friends, neighbors, strangers. And also the discipline to withstand hard times, disappointments, and other factors of life that require grit. Personal development is not always thought in schools or by others. It is
about you developing your consciousness to be better and gritty in life. Like taking your health more serious, your growth in peoples skill, your growth in academics and skills training, business , family management, mental health, etc. I argue that you can't mmanage your life properly if you can't manage your sself.a

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Kolojadeen: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
I write fiction and non fiction at affordable prices, contact me.

It doesn't matter if it's content/copy writing, short stories or scripts, I've got you covered.

Can you develop an write a movie script ?
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by frankson1(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
CharisEleos:
Now, this is what I've been meaning to share with anyone it may concern but I see most people don't like that line so I'm most times reluctant to share it. Glad this opportunity came up though.

This is/was how I developed myself to be able to survive the harsh economy that was hit by the global meltdown some years back and it has been my saving grace till today. At least to some extent compared to if I didn't take that bold step to develop myself.

Before the global meltdown, I was thriving in my profession as a secretary/ PA. After the meltdown, it became very difficult getting that nature of job and if I got it, is either I face sexual harraments and get laid off or settle for jobs that I didn't find fufilling due to the demanding nature or paywise.

I decided to go into teaching full-time but it was still demanding with meagre pay. That was when I decided to develop myself by going back to study a part-time subject so I can go into part-time teaching and be able to manage my time, job, spiritual and personal life effectively.

After that, I resigned from my full time job and started getting schools to teach on part-time and i charge what I was earning per month as a full timer then per school now and it's just once a week.

So, you can actually have 5 schools, or more but with more schools, you'll need extra hands and extra hands requires you pay but then it's still lucrative because if the extra hand is covering 5 schools x 30k that is 150 a month and you pay her 40k. You'll gain 110 a month from her side plus the 5 you are covering.

Now, even if you're the lazy type who just want to stick to your own or Maybe you're having a challenge getting good hands, you'll still thrive.

Schools are really looking for these part- time Teachers. Eg are

Phonetics
French
Yoruba.
Computer appreciation
Cursive and Nelson Writing

Now, I'm planning to go study french to add to what I already have. So I can also be both a French and Diction Instructor in the schools I work. God helping me.
[b]
If you want to train to be a certified phonics/ Diction Instructor, PM me. Ill train you for a token amount [/b]and you'll be awarded a certificate by a certified Academy. It's going to be an online training with audio.

The Lagos State ministry of education has finally included phonics and phonetics subjects to their curriculum. So the demand for phonics instructors will be high. Don't miss out.

PM only, Please.

Is at the bolded part of your self development grin grin

Anyway, I left my second job because they weren't paying in time and they were always slashing salary.

I got an offer in Egypt just at the same time COVID-19 became a pandemic and it's still hanging.

I used to teach karate in school and I intend learning to play violin so I can add it up as well. But at the moment, I major in FX Trading.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Calitoscassius(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Edyice:

This one done loss

Let me help you realize some fact grin
(It’s deep but I hope you get it)

You know how plant grow — we all know it’s from the ground . The sun help too abi . Biology called it photosynthesis grin

Hope you know it’s someone that creates the sun that helped you grow your plants.
More rubbish! And your so called Jesus created them? Can you prove it?

Did you witness the Jesus create them? You have been brainwashed.

So tell me, who is that someone?
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
I'm currently trying to get done with my academics after spending 7 years of my life in the university studying a surveying and Geoinformatics. I'm so unhappy already not because of my profession but because av waeted too much time doing it. I now intend to add other skills in the construction sector that can be helpful to me and I need advice on which skills I can add and how I can go about it. I have had lots of challenges for while that has made me so in pain but I want to move on to wat is better and blessing. Thank you for any opinion.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Calitoscassius(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

Yeah I know, but people like Chidinma and Ataga buy these drugs and then ruins their lives.
However I understand a man's gotta do what he gotta do to survive, I'm just saying that everything in life is connected.
No one forced them to buy the drugs. I know people who takes drugs but their lives are not ruined. Infact,they are doing alright. Did you know that cough medicine or paracetamol are class C drugs?

I don't have to be a drug dealer, I chose to be one, it's easy money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer / When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.