Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services (551 Views)

My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. / Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination / RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by efficiencie(m): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
Holy Ghost baptism is a must for all believers yet in many denominations it seems that this phenomenon is not being experienced in most denominations...I would like to know when your denomination organizes Holy Ghost baptism services and how often it is conducted.
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by advanceDNA: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
The baptism of the holy ghost isn’t the flesh and blood of Jesus we eat at will...

I believe the outpouring of the spirit is something God does at his own will to those yearning to do God’s will....not at the control of any one...it can happen during any service as long as the person has been craving, waiting for it....:

Yes..a pastor can say those that want to experience the baptism should come for a special service...but u and I know those that are not even craving, or waiting in anyway will show up and later claim nothing happened......they are the ones that will later become atheists claiming all na fake..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by efficiencie(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
advanceDNA:
The baptism of the holy ghost isn’t the flesh and blood of Jesus we eat at will...

I believe the outpouring of the spirit is something God does at his own will to those yearning to do God’s will....not at the control of any one...it can happen during any service as long as the person has been craving, waiting for it....:

Yes..a pastor can say those that want to experience the baptism should come for a special service...but u and I know those that are not even craving, or waiting in anyway will show up and later claim nothing happened......they are the ones that will later become atheists claiming all na fake..

If the outpouring of the Spirit is done at the will of GOD, how come altar call is not also done at the will of GOD and not at the request of men of GOD? The outpouring of the Holy Ghost happened on the day of Pentecost, when Moses brought the law from the mount and the new testament promises that that this time the law will not be written on tables of stone but on the hearts of men...so there has to be a dedicated time for inviting the Holy Ghost to saturate the lives of his children. The outpouring of the Holy Ghost happened mostly when the people were in one accord. An example happened in: Acts 4:29-31

To disprove your statement about the baptism not being at the control of anyone, men of GOD laid hands on others and baptism happened (Acts 8:15-17, Acts 19:2-6).

The prophecy of the outpouring of the Holy Ghost (Joel 2:28) was fulfilled in Acts 2:1-4 and since this period any gathering of GOD's children for the infilling of the Holy Ghost is greeted with the presence of the Holy Ghost. This is why such services are to be held very regularly not because men of GOD are in control or determine it but because the presence of the Holy Ghost is here with us already and the indwelling will readily be satisfied by the Holy Ghost since His presence is here with us already.

It would be a huge disfavor to the body if there is no dedicated service for those who hunger and thirst for the indwelling and infilling of the Holy Ghost to meet, to worship and get satisfied as declared by Jesus in Matthew 5:8.

So I guess your indirect response is that your denomination does not explicitly set aside a period for worshippers who hunger and thirst for the Holy Ghost to be filled, right?
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by advanceDNA: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
efficiencie:

If the outpouring of the Spirit is done at the will of GOD, how come altar call is not also done at the will of GOD and not at the request of men of GOD?

Bros ...What sort of question is this?? Askimg a sinner if they want to come become a child of God isn’t the same with the baptism of the Holy Ghost....

The outpouring of the Holy Ghost happened on the day of Pentecost, when Moses brought the law from the mount and the new testament promises that that this time the law will not be written on tables of stone but on the hearts of men...so there has to be a dedicated time for inviting the Holy Ghost to saturate the lives of his children. The outpouring of the Holy Ghost happened mostly when the people were in one accord. An example happened in: Acts 4:29-31

You just proved my point...the disciples were waiting for the promise of the spirit at the upper room..they were yearning for it...

To disprove your statement about the baptism not being at the control of anyone, men of GOD laid hands on others and baptism happened (Acts 8:15-17, Acts 19:2-6).

Mayb u should read the acts 8 again.. these people already met Jesus and were baptized and were already seeking for more of God...
Same thing for corlenius..

So I guess your indirect response is that your denomination does not explicitly set aside a period for worshippers who hunger and thirst for the Holy Ghost to be filled, right?

U like to assume...I never said services shouldn’t be called and I never said we don’t do it in my church....

I only pointed out that spirit of the lord don’t come on those that don’t yearn for it...God is ever willing.... it can happen in any service..it can happen in special service dedicated for outpouring of the spirit....
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
efficiencie:
Holy Ghost baptism is a must for all believers yet in many denominations it seems that this phenomenon is not being experienced in most denominations...I would like to know when your denomination organizes Holy Ghost baptism services and how often it is conducted.
Why wait for a denomination organizes mass water baptism ceremony of sorts when you can help yourself right their in your own bathtub or anywhere else you feel comfortable, and with someone who you believe is competent enough? undecided
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
efficiencie:

If the outpouring of the Spirit is done at the will of GOD, how come altar call is not also done at the will of GOD and not at the request of men of GOD?

The outpouring of the Holy Ghost happened on the day of Pentecost, when Moses brought the law from the mount and the new testament promises that that this time the law will not be written on tables of stone but on the hearts of men...so there has to be a dedicated time for inviting the Holy Ghost to saturate the lives of his children. The outpouring of the Holy Ghost happened mostly when the people were in one accord. An example happened in: Acts 4:29-31

Dude, I suggest you are saying some seriously blasphemous stuff here without even realizing it. undecided

The one you call the Holy Ghost is God Almighty Himself and No man can lay claims on Him or control Almighty God in anyway or delusion. undecided
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by efficiencie(m): 3:38am On Jun 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why wait for a denomination organizes mass water baptism ceremony of sorts when you can help yourself right their in your own bathtub or anywhere else you feel comfortable, and with someone who you believe is competent enough? undecided

You can read right? I never mentioned or talked about water baptism. If you are unaware of what I posted you can ask and I will explain.
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by efficiencie(m): 3:46am On Jun 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Dude, I suggest you are saying some seriously blasphemous stuff here without even realizing it. undecided

The one you call the Holy Ghost is God Almighty Himself and No man can lay claims on Him or control Almighty God in anyway or delusion. undecided

The Holy Ghost has its ways just as any other being or mechanism has its principles. When you put on a switch and light bulbs come on we could say you exerted some control because if you hadn't flipped the switch the lights won't come on. Yet we know that you have no control over such things as electricity, circuitry, insulation or conductivity that make up the process of setting up and electric system that includes a switch and light bulbs...so also the Holy Ghost has His ways and one who understands Him can operate His ways and present a sense of control even though in actuality cannot control the Holy Ghost...one verse that hints at this is:
1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
The "spirits" here connotes the manifestation of the Holy Ghost's essence through His ministers and is subject to the prophets.
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Jun 28, 2021
efficiencie:

You can read right? I never mentioned or talked about water baptism. If you are unaware of what I posted you can ask and I will explain.
I assumed you instead went water baptism since it does not make sense at all to assume that God runs according to the schedule of your denominations. undecided
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Jun 28, 2021
efficiencie:

The Holy Ghost has its ways just as any other being or mechanism has its principles. When you put on a switch and light bulbs come on we could say you exerted some control because if you hadn't flipped the switch the lights won't come on. Yet we know that you have no control over such things as electricity, circuitry, insulation or conductivity that make up the process of setting up and electric system that includes a switch and light bulbs...

so also the Holy Ghost has His ways and one who understands Him can operate His ways and present a sense of control even though in actuality cannot control the Holy Ghost...one verse that hints at this is:
1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
The "spirits" here connotes the manifestation of the Holy Ghost's essence through His ministers and is subject to the prophets.
1. What are these principles that Almighty God, whose Spirit you refer to as the Holy Spirit, operates by? undecided

2. What are the ways that one who understands the Spirit of the Almighty can present a sense of control over Him? undecided

3. What makes you think or believe that the spirits of prophets are manifestations of the Spirit of the Almighty God? undecided

4. re you suggesting here that even unbelievers who possess the same gift of prophesy, do so through the manifestation of the Spirit of Almighty God in them as well? undecided
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by Standing5(m): 7:47am On Jun 28, 2021
advanceDNA:

So correct. Some are even attempting to schedule a day of Pentecost for infilling of the Holy Spirit.
Re: For Christians: When Does Your Denomination Organize Holy Ghost Baptism Services by Standing5(m): 7:51am On Jun 28, 2021
efficiencie:

If the outpouring of the Spirit is done at the will of GOD, how come altar call is not also done at the will of GOD and not at the request of men of GOD? The outpouring of the Holy Ghost happened on the day of Pentecost, when Moses brought the law from the mount and the new testament promises that that this time the law will not be written on tables of stone but on the hearts of men...so there has to be a dedicated time for inviting the Holy Ghost to saturate the lives of his children. The outpouring of the Holy Ghost happened mostly when the people were in one accord. An example happened in: Acts 4:29-31

The prophecy of the outpouring of the Holy Ghost (Joel 2:28) was fulfilled in Acts 2:1-4 and since this period any gathering of GOD's children for the infilling of the Holy Ghost is greeted with the presence of the Holy Ghost. This is why such services are to be held very regularly not because men of GOD are in control or determine it but because the presence of the Holy Ghost is here with us already and the indwelling will readily be satisfied by the Holy Ghost since His presence is here with us already.

It would be a huge disfavor to the body if there is no dedicated service for those who hunger and thirst for the indwelling and infilling of the Holy Ghost to meet, to worship and get satisfied as declared by Jesus in Matthew 5:8.

alter call is from the one giving his life to Christ. Someone has to open the floor for salvation after preaching for those who got convicted and converted during the sermon.

(1) (Reply)

Yhwh And Jesus Parrarels In The Bible; Check It Out / Share The Name Of The Church You View Online Though You're Not A Member / How Old Was (eve) Hawaa When Allah Made Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.