Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? (17399 Views)

Slave Masters At Work Place / My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Igbojihadist: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2021
moshino:

What if you try to batter the person, and the person cuts your throat with a sharp knife.
lol ndi nairaland will not kill me
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Brunicekid(m): 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
So, you are already planning to fight in your place of work, abi Please, don't!!!
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2021
I should think the risk of being fired would be the least of his problems if he's looking at jail time.
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by saladinnoir: 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2021
Have 20 to 30k on hand if you ever fight in naija and you're good to go. This is incase the police catch( don't look like you have cash or they'll charge more) you, just pay your bail and japa. Speaking from experience. But why so many useless comments on this thread. Mods do your job
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by abbey621(m): 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2021
Your mates are busy making money, you're busy thinking about fighting, rada rada somebody! Whether at work or on the street, one blow can lead to unintended consequences, some people time don reach it is that your slap or blow that will manifest their departure, hope say you like hard beans made with toilet water and a guy named Sasha blowing you kisses and smacking your bum bum grin grin grin
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by escapefromusa(f): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2021
Kzinne:
You can be charged for fighting anywhere not just at work. So you shouldn't encourage anyone to hash out work beef off work. Instead settle it amicably at work and don't fight anyone except in self defense and it's absolutely necessary

Nollywood?
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by winner37(m): 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
this are the conditions applying if you fight at work ..
men =your scrotum will be hanging turning your head down for 62 hours
women = your nipples or center of gravity will pinned together and be hanging turning your head down for 62 hours ...
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by 8stargeneral: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2021
baralatie:

Na police go come finish the fight nah
grin
grin grin
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by RSVP: 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
Robertkenny:
Barrister Nwanta M. Jude

This depends on your city and state. And it really depends on how badly you beat up the person you intend to fight. If you use a weapon, that's a charge. If you destroy work property, that's a charge. If you disrupt the peaceful work environment, that's a charge. If the person you fight gets severely injured or dies, that's a charge. These are variables you have to consider. You could be in jail for a long period of time.
Plus, you run the risk of being fired.
Moral of this story, don't fight at work. Hash out your beef with someone off the work site somewhere.

Shared from Bogger.

What can make you fight at work?

Just about the time I'm about to beat my Indian supervisor mercilessly but I got to think of how black hate blacks.
Nah still my fellow black man go judge me..

1 Like

Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by aribisala0(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
Robertkenny:
Barrister Nwanta M. Jude

This depends on your city and state. And it really depends on how badly you beat up the person you intend to fight. If you use a weapon, that's a charge. If you destroy work property, that's a charge. If you disrupt the peaceful work environment, that's a charge. If the person you fight gets severely injured or dies, that's a charge. These are variables you have to consider. You could be in jail for a long period of time.
Moral of this story, don't fight at work. Hash out your beef with someone off the work site somewhere.

Shared from Bogger.

Moral of the tale

It is better to fight at home , in church or on the road
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by sylve11: 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
Boomboost:

This Lawyer is not good angry

i tell you. cool
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2021
Why do you want to fight?
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by kingemaker(m): 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
Boomboost:

This Lawyer is not good angry
How will he feed if you don't do your worst?
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Deri2018(m): 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2021
Charge and bail lawyer sighted
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2021
Robertkenny:
Barrister Nwanta M. Jude

Shared from Bogger.

The question is why will you fight at your place of work? What will make you fight and who are you fighting?

The fact that you are asking shows a motive and thus satisfies the key element of a crime. But know also that there can also be a civil action in tort for assault and battery.

That is a guilty mind and guilty act, which presupposes that it is premeditated. So the question of self-defence or provocation is out of it.

The commonest offence you could be charged with could be " breach of public peace".

Section 168 (1) explains conducts that amounts to breach of public peace and in this regard, Section 168(1) (e)

While Section 168(2) provides for a fine of N15,000 for first time offender and N45,000 for second time offender or a jail term of not less than 3 months.

Another possible offence one can easily be charged with, is the office of assault or aggravated assault. For the avoidance of doubt, Section 252 of the Criminal Code Act defines an assault as:

“ a person who strikes, touches, or moves, or otherwise applies force of any kind to the person of another, either directly or indirectly, without his consent, or with his consent, if the consent is obtained by fraud, or who by any bodily act or gesture attempts or threatens to apply force of any kind to the person of another without his consent, in such circumstances that the person making the attempt or threat has actually or apparently a present ability to effect his purpose, is said to assault that other person, and the act is called an assault”.

This is a misdemenor that is punishable by virtue of Section 351 of the Criminal Code Act thus:

"any person who unlawfully assaults another is guilty of a misdemeanor, and is liable, if no greater punishment is provided, to imprisonment for one year."

Section 170 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State defines assault thus:

(1) A person who—
(a) strikes, touches, moves, or otherwise applies force of any kind to the
person of another, either directly or indirectly, without his consent; or
(b) by any bodily act, gesture, attempts or threatens to apply force of any kind
to the person of another without his consent, in such circumstances that
the person making the attempt or threat has actual or apparent ability to
effect his purpose is said to assault that other person.

The Punishement as provided for in Section 172 to 173 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State 2011 thus:

By the express provision of Section 172 light or non injurious Assault is punishable with a jail term of not less than 1 year if no greater punishment is provided.

By the express provision of Section 173 assault causing harm or injury to another is punishable with a jail term of not less than 3 year.

By the express provision of Section 174 serious assault is punishable with a jail term of not less than 3 year.

172 is a misdemenor, while 173 and 174 is a felenoius offence.

So before you engage in a fight, think twice.

The is also the malicious damage to the property of another and if the offence is serious and life threatening, one can be charge for attempted murder.

Know that even if the victim does not die from the injuries immidiately, but dies form it within a period of a year of the injury, you can still be charged for murder.

I will probably open a thread where I will do justice to this question.

You can check my profile or follow me to get a notification.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Gjmff: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2021
You need a lawyer that will eat the case
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by grandstar(m): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
Kingpele:
Nada da grin grin grin instead of thinking of how to contribute to the growth of your employer business and services ,u are thinking of how to fight in the office ,but if you want to be unfortunate and your village people happens to be interested in you ,then go ahead and wait for the judge to pronounce your jail term

Normally, it's blue collar workers that fight physical at work. Super rare to find white collar guys go so low.
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by grandstar(m): 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2021
Robertkenny:

Bogger is focused on connecting Employers to job seekers with lot of features to fight the high rate of unemployment here in Africa.

Bogger is currently being tested and will be announced soon for general use.

More data(s) are being worked on to check the security aspect of getting a good job.

Thank you.

A billionaire will soon be minted

1 Like

Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Vulcan24(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2021
I don't know they jail ppl for fighting

Thry separate or fire them
Which one is jail
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Harmattan123(m): 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
Fight first and the judge will tell you in Court
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2021
Who fights in 2021

Only small boys do
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Robertkenny(m): 12:52am On Jun 29, 2021
MartinsD12:

The headline or question is a senseless one, fighting at work is prohibited, you don't try that nonsense at work, you are not Mike Tyson, even Mike Tyson as a professional boxer has no right to fight anyone out his opponent in the boxing pitch

In the World you came from, no work fight has being recorded in anyways!!!

Well... welcome to planet earth where anything and everything is possible.

Now you know, so please make sense to help other people on earth that have the heart of fighting even in Work area.
Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by Robertkenny(m): 1:30am On Jun 29, 2021
Just saw this...

Re: How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? by MartinsD12(m): 6:00am On Jun 29, 2021
Robertkenny:

In the World you came from, no work fight has being recorded in anyways!!!

Well... welcome to planet earth where anything and everything is possible.

Now you know, so please make sense to help other people on earth that have the heart of fighting even in Work area.
I have never fight in my work place, infact it's hard to highly prohibited, the moment you do it you get sacked and pay for whatever company property you destroy so what is the need fighting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Jobs In Nigeria: Check It Out / Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry / What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.