Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

I Will Put National Interest First , Says Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Put National Interest First , Says Jonathan. (534 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Buhari, Probe Jonathan For The Sake Of National Interest! - Theophilus Danjuma / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Put National Interest First , Says Jonathan. by koruji(m): 3:58am On May 08, 2011
Hopefully, we 'll continue to hear such pronouncements followed by action from Aso Rock over the next 4 years.

Sunday, 08 May 2011 00:00 From Madu Onuorah, Abuja News - National

PRESIDENT Jonathan yesterday assured Nigerians that he would put national interest above everything else, as well as give transparent leadership to Nigerians throughout his tenure.

Jonathan spoke to a delegation of the government and people of Kebbi State, who were at State House on a congratulatory visit on Saturday saying: “We assure you, we will provide good governance and transparent leadership throughout our tenure, putting national interest above everything else.”

The president said the successful conduct of the elections, resulting in a flood of accolades from the international community, has set the tone for greater achievements ahead, and added that he is ready to face the challenge of good governance.

Jonathan thanked the government and people of Kebbi for peaceful conduct throughout the elections and for supporting the programmes and policies of the government.

Earlier, the acting chairman of the PDP, an indigene of Kebbi State, Dr. Halliru Mohammed, said the delegation was in the State House to congratulate the president for “conducting and winning an outstanding clean and clear election.”

He said Jonathan and the PDP have proved that it is possible to conduct free, fair and transparent elections in Nigeria.

Governor Saidu Dakingari, in his comments, said Kebbi State supported President Jonathan because of his progressive policies and the good governance he has already delivered to Nigerians, adding that such support would continue till the end of the president’s tenure.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47246:i-will-put-national-interest-first--says-jonathan-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

(1) (Reply)

A Hausa Corp Members Demonic Statement In Osun State. / violation Of Corps Member: Osun Monarch Now On House Arrest / Jury Convicts Ex-ill. Gov. Blagojevich At Retrial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.