Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport (63081 Views)

My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic / Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals / Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Jefferyhi86(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
Make una rest for Dubai mata. Ban has being lifted na, who else is still passing that same route
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Kayharry(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
Simplythebest:
Is true. What people normally do is that u will settle the hotel people so that the can give u two weeks hotel receipt with that u are good to go. Is really not east cus the person will spend alot of money both backdating the stamp, hotel accommodation and settling both immigration, Airline attendance and hotel people.

Nigerians don't have secret o, what is supposed to secret una dey spit am out here .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by philemonemenike(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
No be by force to go Dubai my own mentality l hate wetin people dey reach.
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by pocohantas(f): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2021
FILEBE:
Nigerians too dey form some kind mumu "sharpness". We dey always like shortcut . We wouldnt want to do what is right even if it takes time rather we will do wrong to shorten the time.

Na Lagos this kind rubbish dey start. If you take yout time , they will call you mugu. Lagos go insult u if u no craze like them

Very anyhow people. Imagine forging an official stamp and having the nerve to put it on a document as their passport. We get mind sha.
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Tentackle: 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
Thanks @ Simplythebest post=103168595]Is true. What people normally do is that u will settle the hotel people so that the can give u two weeks hotel receipt with that u are good to go. Is really not east cus the person will spend alot of money both backdating the stamp, hotel accommodation and settling both immigration, Airline attendance and hotel people. [/quote]
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by anonymoux: 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hmmm nice one
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by bizhop01: 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2021
See advert
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by richbox(m): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
Nice job.... kudos.
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by oyemomilara: 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2021
Casa del Papa where we dey go flex that time when I been dey Cotonou. Funny that I've visited all the places listed here

travelwaka:
Make sure you are well prepared for this trip and dont take chances.

We are planning a trip to Benin Republic. On July 17 to 20 2021.
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Tentackle: 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2021
Jefferyhi86:
Make una rest for Dubai mata. Ban has being lifted na, who else is still passing that same route

Where do u get your news?
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Tentackle: 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:
Be warned that Dubai gov has stopped issuing work permit to Nigerians and has also suspended extending/converting tourist visa for Nigerians too until further notice.

Na lie, don't discourage those who want to go

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Tentackle: 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2021
travelwaka:
You do not need the two weeks hotel receipt

Then how would they know that someone has spent 2 weeks
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by 9japride(m): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2021
MarvelJ:
Only those with sense will stay in their county
Including una presido!

Stay in one place and make good use of your opportunities.
[color=#006600][/color]

It's only northerners that are happy to stay in Nigeria due to job opportunities they get through nepotism and oil money. Nigeria has a way of robbing off good opportunities meant for the citizens. Due to the ban on Twitter, a lot of companies and individuals have lost a lot of money. Except you have readily available jobs for the youth?
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
bobosydney:

Don't you know that the airport of that country collect the airfare tickets tax from every passengers flying through their airport. I don't think that you ever travel before.

So you think it is airfare ticket tax, countries make money from.

They make money from airplane landing fees, parking fee, pistons handling fee, taxing fee etc

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by AuroraB(f): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
travelwaka:
Make sure you are well prepared for this trip and dont take chances.

We are planning a trip to Benin Republic. On July 17 to 20 2021.
Bia, Op, kedu maka passport for this cruise
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by travelwaka: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
They have relaxed it but if you can its better to have it to avoid stories that touch, But I didn't need during the trip last week.
Tentackle:

Then how would they know that someone has spent 2 weeks
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by travelwaka: 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2021
Oya now lets do
AuroraB:
Bia, Op, kedu maka passport for this cruise
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by simplesearch: 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2021
Tiny country so organised, you can almost weep for Nigeria. If It's here people backdating stamping and hotel receipt and undertaken any other form of illegality will be allowed to pass once they can drop some few hard notes. Benin Republic has a lot of potential in food supply and other things, reason the border should open for free movement of goods and trade benefits.
Evidently if Benin Republic with around 11 million people can be doing fine, I don't know why people like Pa Obasanjo is saying the minority will be worse hit if we restructure Nigeria on regional basis; as if Togo, Gambia, Zambia, Niger, Uganda and these small countries have what we have to even if shrink the colossus making the center unattractive, this will allow for comparative exchange of human and material development in a very healthy competitive atmosphere between the regions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by CUMIN: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
No sensible country will allow a citizen of another country to board using her airport except the person is on transit or the person have been living in that country for a while.

Benin is a signatory to the ECOWAS agreement. It's lawful to board flight from there to any where in the world.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by colestephan86: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
travelwaka:
My funny experience at Cotonou International Airport
It is no more news that for some months, Nigerians can not travel to Dubai directly from Nigeria. This because of the issues between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE government.

In the last few months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which used to be very easy has all of a sudden become a nightmare. To go on this trip, you will have to go through other countries and one of the easiest being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. This is because the two countries are our closest neighbours.

I have read several stories about different issues people have had in the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of the popular stories was shared by Derende here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Sometimes this month, A client contacted me to help him process a three months Dubai visa and also to plan his itinerary to Dubai via Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin. I think he just got a sweet offer in Dubai.

To cut a long story short, on his travel date, we got to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is less rowdy, less congested and looking well maintained. That was when I got the shocks of my life. Firstly, the majority of the people going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport were Nigerians.

As we were driving into the car park, I realize most of the people doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We changed some money and headed straight to the departure. I met lots of Nigerians at the waiting area. You will almost think it is another branch of Murtala Muhammed International airport located in Lagos. Then the worst happened, as we were heading in, we saw 4 Nigerians coming out, at first I thought they were coming back. Only to get to the queue and we were told they were denied boarding. I got more curious, on further investigation, I later got to know that they backdated the date they got in, not knowing that The republic of Benin had changed their stamp. Unfortunate for them, they backdated with the new stamp.

I also saw another Nigerian who was arrested at the airport because he was trying to board with a fake visa. I can not believe someone would try to do that. I think the person he paid gave him a fake visa. He got locked up for some days. This is really painful.
Then the last set of Nigerians that were rejected either have damaged passports or International passport with a picture that is not clear. The last sets of Nigerians that got denied were people who got late to the checking point.
Here are the major reasons why you could get denied boarding at the Cotonou Airport.

Reasons for the rejection
1. Damaged passport: Any passport with stains, a picture that is not clear, damaged on any part of the data page is automatic rejection.

2. Fake visa: Please always try to confirm the validity of your passport. There was a passport that I saw which the user had mark on its left eye, she was rejected. Some one claim they are rejecting it on purpose just to frustrate Nigerians. LOL

3. Fake stamp: Please ensure you always stamp at the border, do not pay touts to stamp for you.

4. Backdated stamp: YOu are supposed to spend two weeks minimum at the Cotonou Airport before you are allowed to travel.

5. Expired covid 19 test: Please ensure you do your Covid 19 test on time so you can get the result on time.

Things to note when visiting Dubai through the Republic of Benin
1. you must spend a minimum of 2 weeks in the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the safe side, Make sure you stamp in Seme border rather than Idiroko border, I heard so many people are having issues at Idiroko when they arrive in Dubai.
3. Confirm your Visa validity online.
4. Get to the airport at least three hours before your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 test. You will get your result the same day.
6. If you can get an agent that is familiar with the route to help you out. It will save you lots of money in the long run.
7. Please get familiar with their currency , read more here about their currency here https://www.nairaland.com/6553232/comparing-nigerian-naira-benin-republic

Please ensure you follow all Covid 19 protocols, please try to do the right thing because once you are caught they will ensure you face the law. Have you had a similar experience? Please share below.

https://www.travelwaka.com/what-nigerians-travelling-to-dubai-through-cotonou-go-through/
Nigerians will learn the hard way, and unfortunately, the true Nigerians will suffer too.
I am of the opinion that the easiest way to check criminal Nigerians abroad is that all applying for visas should have the list of their direct blood relations on their forms, there by, if you engage in criminal activities your actions directly jeopardises your family's opportunity of getting that countries visa.
By that many brains will reset

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
Nigerians and tbeir corrupt minds... Watch them blame Bubu for using fake visa etcto travel abroad. Such a shame

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Iceyjayz: 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2021
pocohantas:

Very anyhow people. Imagine forging an official stamp and having the nerve to put it on a document as their passport. We get mind sha.
We Nigerians are our own problems, it's unfortunate how some unscrupulous elements keeps destroying the image of NIGERIA daily, no wonder some countries don't want to associate with us.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by MarvelJ: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's only northerners that are happy to stay in Nigeria due to job opportunities they get through nepotism and oil money. Nigeria has a way of robbing off good opportunities meant for the citizens. Due to the ban on Twitter, a lot of companies and individuals have lost a lot of money. Except you have readily available jobs for the youth?

Keep talking about northerners gaining jobs. Every regime is the same. Whoever is ruling the nation has number of employments. So take your tribalism elsewhere.
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by sunbreaker: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2021
travelwaka:
My funny experience at Cotonou International Airport
It is no more news that for some months, Nigerians can not travel to Dubai directly from Nigeria. This because of the issues between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE government.

In the last few months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which used to be very easy has all of a sudden become a nightmare. To go on this trip, you will have to go through other countries and one of the easiest being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. This is because the two countries are our closest neighbours.

I have read several stories about different issues people have had in the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of the popular stories was shared by Derende here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Sometimes this month, A client contacted me to help him process a three months Dubai visa and also to plan his itinerary to Dubai via Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin. I think he just got a sweet offer in Dubai.

To cut a long story short, on his travel date, we got to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is less rowdy, less congested and looking well maintained. That was when I got the shocks of my life. Firstly, the majority of the people going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport were Nigerians.

As we were driving into the car park, I realize most of the people doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We changed some money and headed straight to the departure. I met lots of Nigerians at the waiting area. You will almost think it is another branch of Murtala Muhammed International airport located in Lagos. Then the worst happened, as we were heading in, we saw 4 Nigerians coming out, at first I thought they were coming back. Only to get to the queue and we were told they were denied boarding. I got more curious, on further investigation, I later got to know that they backdated the date they got in, not knowing that The republic of Benin had changed their stamp. Unfortunate for them, they backdated with the new stamp.

I also saw another Nigerian who was arrested at the airport because he was trying to board with a fake visa. I can not believe someone would try to do that. I think the person he paid gave him a fake visa. He got locked up for some days. This is really painful.
Then the last set of Nigerians that were rejected either have damaged passports or International passport with a picture that is not clear. The last sets of Nigerians that got denied were people who got late to the checking point.
Here are the major reasons why you could get denied boarding at the Cotonou Airport.

Reasons for the rejection
1. Damaged passport: Any passport with stains, a picture that is not clear, damaged on any part of the data page is automatic rejection.

2. Fake visa: Please always try to confirm the validity of your passport. There was a passport that I saw which the user had mark on its left eye, she was rejected. Some one claim they are rejecting it on purpose just to frustrate Nigerians. LOL

3. Fake stamp: Please ensure you always stamp at the border, do not pay touts to stamp for you.

4. Backdated stamp: YOu are supposed to spend two weeks minimum at the Cotonou Airport before you are allowed to travel.

5. Expired covid 19 test: Please ensure you do your Covid 19 test on time so you can get the result on time.

Things to note when visiting Dubai through the Republic of Benin
1. you must spend a minimum of 2 weeks in the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the safe side, Make sure you stamp in Seme border rather than Idiroko border, I heard so many people are having issues at Idiroko when they arrive in Dubai.
3. Confirm your Visa validity online.
4. Get to the airport at least three hours before your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 test. You will get your result the same day.
6. If you can get an agent that is familiar with the route to help you out. It will save you lots of money in the long run.
7. Please get familiar with their currency , read more here about their currency here https://www.nairaland.com/6553232/comparing-nigerian-naira-benin-republic

Please ensure you follow all Covid 19 protocols, please try to do the right thing because once you are caught they will ensure you face the law. Have you had a similar experience? Please share below.

https://www.travelwaka.com/what-nigerians-travelling-to-dubai-through-cotonou-go-through/
why do you decide to go through Cotonou while Nigeria airport are fully open? I suspect your hand work
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Romanus123: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
Thanks for your information. But I have been boarding people to Dubai through cotonou and Ghana and the only problem most people encounter is lack of money. Going to Dubai through cotonou and Ghana is very expensive but people don't have option.
Before Ghana used to backdate stamp, now it has stopped, you must spend a minimum of 14days in Ghana before you can allow to fly but backdate is still ongoing on cotonou. Last week I did backdate for my client and it went successfully.
For more info, call or chat on WhatsApp @ +2348036597442 or
+971557107547
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by seyz91(m): 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
cheesy
design106:

Staying in this Country is hell. Oya you decide to get plan B, still hell.
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by allejo44: 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
God Help Us
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by victme1(m): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
Na by force to go That desert mirage
Re: What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport by Bar1941(m): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2021
LordGuru1:
cry When you refuse to fight as a Real Man to make your Land your Home!

People in Dubai did not give up their ancestral Lands to intruders like shameless cowards. Fight to chase out Invaders and love and Unite your Tribe People enough to Work together with Vision to make your Land greater than Dubai so that others can travel to your New Nation as Tourists. Even Canada was a mere Bush till the people there made up their mind to turn it to Heaven on Earth.

People have been traveling from one country to another from time immemorial so leaving one's country for another does not necessarily means what you perceived it to be, it could be for many other reasons. Even the so called white people leave the comforts in their countries and travel to other places for reasons that are not always economic. It's just unfortunate where we found ourselves as people, a little diplomatic issue this failed leaders could not resolve thus subjecting Nigerians to these untold hardships. We are now a subject of ridicule among smaller African nations.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Embarrassing Way Some Nigerians Boarded An Aircraft Today / 10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / How God Saved Me From Untimely Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.