Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals (16416 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja / What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 8:36am On Sep 15, 2022
Nigerians that sold everything and resign from their Good jobs to relocate to paradise Uk ,New Zealand ,Canada are learning the Hard way ! There are no perfect place .UK has excellent NHS but accessing it is now a nighmare .you can wait Months trying to see a dentist or a GP . And a simple thing like root canal surgery done within a day in Nigeria at 50k cost almost 1500 pounds in the Uk . There is housing shortage and getting house to rent is now a Nightmare with you money some.are paying 600 euro in Dublin to share room not house with unknown propel ! Gas and electricity cost around 4000 pounds per year and you literally live paycheck to paycheck if not careful and there are no shortcut pay for heating or die in the winter ! Houses in New Zealand cost 400k pounds are nonsense 2 bedroom.with no garages and garden while this sum can land you a deplux in banana island , Asokoro with pool and garden .in the uk there are there are few investment opportunities unlike Nigeria where you can easy setup.we pray for.better Nigeria that truly ours !

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 15, 2022
we will still go grin

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by 2Radii: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
Nigerians that sold everything and resign for their Good jobs to relocate to paradise Uk ,New Zealand ,Canada are learning the Hard way ! Their are not perfect place .UK is has excellent NHS but access it is now a nighmare .you can wait Months trying to see a dentist or a GP . And a simple thing like root canal surgery done within a day in Nigeria at 50k cost almost 1500 pounds in the Uk . There is housing shortage and getting house to rent is now a Nightmare with you money ! Gas and electricity been cost around 4000 pounds per year and you literally live paycheck to paycheck is not careful and there are no shortcut pay for heating or die in the winter ! Houses in New Zealand cost 400k pounds are nonsense 2 bedroom.with no garages and garden while this sum can land you a deplux in banana island , Asokoro with pool and garden .in the uk there are there are few investment opportunities unlike Nigeria where you can easy setup.we pray for.better Nigeria that truly ours !
the way people are hammering on this issue, e be like say a go change my jakpa plan ooh grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by DeeFlask(m): 9:27am On Sep 15, 2022
Cap

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2022
2Radii:
the way people are hammering on this issue, e be like say a go change my jakpa plan ooh grin
don't change your plan .just lower your expectations and jakpa is not the magical key that solve all our aspirations as portray in Nigeria

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by DeeFlask(m): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
don't change your plan .just lower your expectations and jakpa is not the magical key that solve all our aspirations as portray in Nigeria
well it depends on you and your plans planning is everything

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Solanaa: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2022
Please how do I go about getting my passport in Nigeria
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Evidenx(m): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2022
Solanaa:
Please how do I go about getting my passport in Nigeria
if you are ready to pay I can help. Benin city.

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by 2Radii: 11:02am On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
I heard the regular savings, I mean an average savings for an average individual over there is 200 to 300$ after taxes and dues. Now I am thinking, even in Nigeria here, I used to have as much as that as savings here, so what is the essence??

I just want to try and learn one or two skills to be able to work remotely.

Imagine working remotely and earning dollars just to spend it in naira, even if it's as low as 10$ per hour.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by GlobTrotter: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2022
2Radii:
I heard the regular savings, I mean an average savings for an average individual over there is 200 to 300$ after taxes and dues. Now I am thinking, even in Nigeria here, I used to have as much as that as savings here, so what is the essence??

Imagine working remotely and earning dollars just to spend it in naira, even if it's as low as 10$ per hour.
wel I think this is not enough reason not to move. The money you save here in Nigeria, what cab you do with it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by 2Radii: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2022
GlobTrotter:
wel I think this is not enough reason not to move. The money you save here in Nigeria, what cab you do with it?
well, the money u make in dollars are spent in dollars why the one u make in naira are spent in naira.

A normal surgery which cost just 200k in Nigeria can not be less that 1200£ in England..

Wen u re abroad, u don't do unnecessary conversion cus its needless, the only tym a conversion is needed is Wen u make it in one currency and spend in another currency.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2022
2Radii:

very true ! Most of the people flashing buggati veron are G boys abroad cos 99 percent of the citizens of this nation cannot afford it ! They are pro and cons of JAPA but Nigerians and bandwagon effect will not analyse thing properly and just join ! A LADY closed down her business that gives her net income of 2m monthly to move on a study visa now 3 month yet to get any job and been abused on the only care job she got !. The are good side and bad like the child care cost which is horrible in najia we used the extended family support ! Old people home , long wait time to.see a GP . housing crisis in Dublin you will pay 600 euro to be sharing room with strangers !

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by 2Radii: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
very true ! Most of the people flashing buggati veron are G boys abroad cos 99 percent of the citizens of this nation cannot afford it ! They are pro and cons of JAPA but Nigerians and bandwagon effect will not analyse thing properly and just join ! A LADY closed down her business that gives her net income of 2m monthly to move on a study visa now 3 month yet to get any job and been abused on the only care job she got !. The are good side and bad like the child care cost which is horrible in najia we used the extended family support ! Old people home , long wait time to.see a GP . housing crisis in Dublin you will pay 600 euro to be sharing room with strangers !
wait, a mumu lady closed down a #2m income venture to proceed on study visa??

Pls clear me a no too understand??

She's mad.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
2Radii:
wait, a mumu lady closed down a #2m income venture to proceed on study visa??

Pls clear me a no too understand??

She's mad.
yes oh .it the band wagon effect ! It feel like everyone is leaving and you are left .it has been so since the late 80 !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by 2Radii: 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
yes oh .it the band wagon effect ! It feel like everyone is leaving and you are left .it has been so since the late 80 !
so how is the lady fairing now??
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Nadingo: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
I smell jealousy written all over this thread

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
2Radii:
so how is the lady fairing now??
I don't know she has not been posting!
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nadingo:
how is it jealousy .that getting a house in the uk now is hell with you money ooh or trying to just remove teeth na war and cost millions or naira or the 1.8 pounds per litre deseal

2 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nadingo:
was in your exact position last year and I took the Electric cos "what's the alternative? Keep searching with no end in sight?". True, the bills were higher: when gas folks were doing £80, I was doing about £240 so 3 times more. Thankfully, I could afford it. I also had to make changes in the way I used my heating to reduce the bills. I have a feeling if I had reduced my Thermostat to 19°c, I may have gone well below £200.

Funny story: my first month, I had my heater on 24/7 with Thermostat at about 30°c, my bill was about £900 for a month. Electric heating doesn't forgive such carelessness.

So, yes, electric is more expensive. Should you take it? it's up to you to decide.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ednut1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
What the uk basically did to Nigeria with this study visa shit is just a scam. Many sold assets and borrowed money for uncertainty. Less than 20% of them will be able to get a tier 2 job in the end. I will not spend over 8m to 10m for a gamble, God forbid. Go on YouTube they are already crying there

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by okeysoninv: 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Abroad is not a place to lazy about if you're not hardworking to work for your hourly pay better stay back in your Nigeria. this place is hour you work the more you earn. I choose live Abroad than #10m work in Nigeria. some guys are doing 15hrs and pocketing cool amount money monthly. don't get discouraged the place is cool, keep your head high.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by sisisioge: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
There is really no place like home but they have made Nigeria grossly insecure and unlivable. In naija, a single girl earning 600k can easily save 500k without hassle, in Canada, 600k is about 1200CAD which is like 1/3 of your monthly earning. Yet, you can not save beyond 200 CAD per month because of bills! There is really no place like home....may God rid Nigerian of evil politicians and people ruining the country. Let there be a new Nigeria!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
If you have a means of making Euro, Dollar or Pound while in Nigeria, then you do not have to travel abroad.

19 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by yusfaith78(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Living in the UK has it pros and cons but in my own case the pros when compare to the cons is 80:20. I will share my story not because I want to encourage people to leave Nigeria but just to let people know the true state of things. Sometime I read some ridiculous things on Nairaland and I usually ask myself if I’m living in the same UK with these people. People have different reasons for migrating and we are all not in the same situation in Nigeria before. I was a business person in Nigeria but government policies coupled with the toxic business environment began to affect my business. I left Naija with my wife not just because my crumbling business but also because I was getting sick on a regular basis because my immune system can no longer fight Malaria effectively and the fact that there’s a 50% chance that a kid raised in Nigeria will end up doing Yahoo Yahoo not because you are a bad parent but due to the high level of unemployment and the environment which has been polluted with fraud and corruption and I want my kids to live a good life.

I moved to UK in January 2020 on a student visa, my wife as student, myself the dependant. She was going to school while I was working full time in as a support worker, she also worker as support worker when she’s not going to school like she does 20 hrs a week while I do mostly 50hrs a week. We earn combine total of £2500 monthly after tax. Then we were living in a one bedroom apartment (room and parlour flat) with total bill of £950 Monthly (rent = 650, council tax = £82, water = £24, internet = £24, Electricity averaging £80, phone bill £20 and monthly bus pass for 2 of us £70 (35£ each)). We always have more than £1500 for ourself after bills.

After her graduation we decided to move to North West of the UK where house rent are a lot cheaper because we now have a baby and we thought we would need a bigger home. So we got 3 bedroom detached house (duplex) for £650 per month our council tax increases to approximately £110 monthly because my wife is no longer a student, energy bill also increases several time in the last year but we currently paying £154 monthly. Water, phone bill , Internet and Bus pass remain the same as before which brings our current total bill to about £1100 monthly and both earn combine total of £3200 after tax for working combine total of 77.5hrs weekly.

As for the GP and NHS that somebody mentioned above, I have never had any issue getting medical help with my GP whenever I booked appointment with my GP I get attended to by a doctor same day. As for the queue with NHS (the big Hospital), if you have a life threatening issue, you will be attended to immediately. They only put you on queue if your case is not emergency and that’s because the NHS is currently struggling to recruit doctors and nurses so it’s not as bad as people make it look.

For me, moving to the UK is the best decision I have ever made because I believe I raise my kids in a good environment where they have a chance to follow their dreams, secondly my immune system has improved a lot because I’m finally free of mosquitos lol and lastly I have peace of mind which is very important in our life.

So if your wish to leave Nigeria for any country, just to Google and search answers for all your questions and see if it will be a good choice or not because trust me Nigerians will never tell you the truth that what I have learned. Good luck

170 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Mrtaye: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
Nigerians that sold everything and resign from their Good jobs to relocate to paradise Uk ,New Zealand ,Canada are learning the Hard way ! There are no perfect place .UK has excellent NHS but accessing it is now a nighmare .you can wait Months trying to see a dentist or a GP . And a simple thing like root canal surgery done within a day in Nigeria at 50k cost almost 1500 pounds in the Uk . There is housing shortage and getting house to rent is now a Nightmare with you money some.are paying 600 euro in Dublin to share room not house with unknown propel ! Gas and electricity cost around 4000 pounds per year and you literally live paycheck to paycheck if not careful and there are no shortcut pay for heating or die in the winter ! Houses in New Zealand cost 400k pounds are nonsense 2 bedroom.with no garages and garden while this sum can land you a deplux in banana island , Asokoro with pool and garden .in the uk there are there are few investment opportunities unlike Nigeria where you can easy setup.we pray for.better Nigeria that truly ours !
Still on still,it's better than Nigeria honestly no dignity of labour in Nigeria hence most Nigerians are underpaid, underemployed or jobless....the only reason you can enjoy Nigeria is of you do G,runs.politician or nefarious activities

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
yusfaith78:
Living in the UK has it pros and cons but in my own case the pros when compare to the cons is 80:20. I will share my story not because I want to encourage people to leave Nigeria but just to let people know the true state of things. Sometime I read some ridiculous things on Nairaland and I usually ask myself if I’m living in the same UK with these people. People have different reasons for migrating and we are all not in the same situation in Nigeria before. I was a business person in Nigeria but government policies coupled with the toxic business environment began to affect my business. I left Naija with my wife not just because my crumbling business but also because I was getting sick on a regular basis because my immune system can no longer fight Malaria effectively and the fact that there’s a 50% chance that a kid raised in Nigeria will end up doing Yahoo Yahoo not because you are a bad parent but due to the high level of unemployment and the environment which has been polluted with fraud and corruption and I want my kids to live a good life.

I moved to UK in January 2020 on a student visa, my wife as student, myself the dependant. She was going to school while I was working full time in as a support worker, she also worker as support worker when she’s not going to school like she does 20 hrs a week while I do mostly 50hrs a week. We earn combine total of £2500 monthly after tax. Then we were living in a one bedroom apartment (room and parlour flat) with total bill of £950 Monthly (rent = 650, council tax = £82, water = £24, internet = £24, Electricity averaging £80, phone bill £20 and monthly bus pass for 2 of us £70 (35£ each)). We always have more than £1500 for ourself after bills.

After her graduation we decided to move to North West of the UK where house rent are a lot cheaper because we now have a baby and we thought we would need a bigger home. So we got 3 bedroom detached house (duplex) for £650 per month our council tax increases to approximately £110 monthly because my wife is no longer a student, energy bill also increases several time in the last year but we currently paying £154 monthly. Water, phone bill , Internet and Bus pass remain the same as before which brings our current total bill to about £1100 monthly and both earn combine total of £3200 after tax for working combine total of 77.5hrs weekly.

As for the GP and NHS that somebody mentioned above, I have never had any issue getting medical help with my GP whenever I booked appointment with my GP I get attended to by a doctor same day. As for the queue with NHS (the big Hospital), if you have a life threatening issue, you will be attended to immediately. They only put you on queue if your case is not emergency and that’s because the NHS is currently struggling to recruit doctors and nurses so it’s not as bad as people make it look.

For me, moving to the UK is the best decision I have ever made because I believe I raise my kids in a good environment where they have a chance to follow their dreams, secondly my immune system has improved a lot because I’m finally free of mosquitos lol and lastly I have peace of mind which is very important in our life.

So if your wish to leave Nigeria for any country, just to Google and search answers for all your questions and see if it will be a good choice or not because trust me Nigerians will never tell you the truth that what I have learned. Good luck

At what age will you return back to your country with your family?

You are an economic migrant, and you should be focused on how to grow generational wealth instead of having a pleasant life time while your kids will continue the 9-5.

I believe an average African should be planning 2 generations ahead. I do not see Europeans and Americans trooping enmasse out of their countries to Africa because of flu. You seem to be excited about escaping the harsh environment instead of feeling sad that you couldnt change it for good.

You are designed to conquer your environment and improve the Gene Programming of your Ancestors while evolving with the environment.

Dont be selfish.

17 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ednut1(m): 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
AstraDroid:

You are an economic migrant, and you should be focused on how to grow generational wealth instead of having a pleasant life time while your kids will continue the 9-5.

I believe an average African should be planning 2 generations ahead. I do not see Europeans and Americans trooping enmasse out of their countries to Africa because of flu. You seem to be excited about escaping the harsh environment instead of feeling sad that you couldnt change it for good.

You are designed to conquer your environment and improve the Gene Programming of your Ancestors while evolving with the environment.

Dont be selfish.
This same Europeans fled their own continent especially the Irish, English and Germans to America, Australia, south africa etc at some point in the 1800s. The concept of generational wealth today in the west cant hold water. you may struggle and build, build an estate, pay for your kids tuition leave assets for them. Yet the same children gamble it or lavish it all when you are gone. hahahah

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by yusfaith78(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
Well you can say whatever you want because it easy to talk and you can also call me whatever you want because it’s easy to judge but my only advise to you is to keep it up��

AstraDroid:

Dont be selfish.

19 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:
This same Europeans fled their own continent especially the Irish, English and Germans to America, Australia, south africa etc at some point in the 1800s. The concept of generational wealth today in the west cant hold water. you may struggle and build, build an estate, pay for your kids tuition leave assets for them. Yet the same children gamble it or lavish it all when you are gone. hahahah

That is because such parents basically acquired assets here and there and had not unified them into wealth structures and Trust before their demise. Building generational wealth requires setting up strategic structures like Family Offices, Multi-generation Trusts and Family Laws and hardly do you find most people educated enough on these to build wealth.

I do not think you have knowledge of what I am talking about, no offence.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by yusfaith78(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:

Thank you…..people forget that it’s not everybody that want to be billionaires some just want a peaceful and decent life. Life is not just about money

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ednut1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
AstraDroid:

That is because such parents basically acquired assets here and there and had not unified them into wealth structures and Trust before their demise. Building generational wealth requires setting up strategic structures like Family Offices, Multi-generation Trusts and Family Laws and hardly do you find most people educated enough on these to build wealth.

I do not think you have knowledge of what I am talking about, no offence.

i have worked in asset management with HNI clients before lol, you think everyone here is a riff raff lol

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
yusfaith78:
Well you can say whatever you want because it easy to talk and you can also call me whatever you want because it’s easy to judge but my only advise to you is to keep it up��

There is no reason to rejoice about living and raising a family abroad if you do not have a solid plan on how you intend to grow your family wealth structures and bring your family back to your root. In the event of your death, please have a serious plan that involves your family having solid structure in Africa great enough to return and help build this place we call home.

You guys should stop running when it becomes tough, no one will build for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

LASG To Close Pen Cinema Axis For Construction Work / Nigerian Passengers Pay Higher To African Countries Than Within Europe, UAE / Fuel Truck Explodes On Transit In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.