Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport (4509 Views)

Have You Received Your Share Of The Federal Government Grant / If Nigeria Govt Want Us To Go To Ghana For Intl Passport, It Should Be Official / Nigerians React To Fayose Loosing To APC In Ekiti, Reveals What He Needs To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by gistsmill04: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2021
Following the recent policy adjustment of the federal government of Nigeria to introduce E-Passport which will ease the burden off Nigerians who suffer to get international passport, mixed reactions have trailed the U-turn made by the Rauf Aregbesola-led initiative.

Recall the rigours of getting a Nigerian passport can be listed among 1000 ways to die! Haha! Just joking. However, the truth is that getting a Nigerian passport in recent times has become a major nightmare for Nigerians at home and abroad. For Nigerians at home, there is constant excuses of the booklets being scarce; for our compatriots abroad, they are victims of incompetent embassy staff and frequent breakdown of online application forms.

Seeing the myriad of challenges encountered by Nigerians trying to get passports, the minister of interior, Rauf Aregbesola came up with a new plan to ensure that most problems are fixed within the vicinity of every individual — which meant every Nigerian doesn’t have to travel to Abuja, Lagos or other big cities to have a passport. The ministry had also said it had perfected plans to ensure the citizens can procure or renew their passports in each of the 774 local government areas.

In the words of Rauf Aregbesola, the minister of interior, ” Every Nigerian has the right to a Nigerian passport… the passport should be available in maximum of 72 hours of successful application. Where there are issues, the applicant must be notified within 48 hours”.

With these words, came the new enhanced e- passport. The new enhanced e- passport was not just available to those in Lagos, Abuja or Rivers, residents in the 33 other states could also get their passports at their comfort zone. To avoid being cheated or manipulated by fraudulent immigration officers, application process for the Nigerian passport is online now. No one needs to pay to any immigration officer anymore to get their passport process done.

The new enhanced e-passport appears to be more decentralised i.e., it is no longer limited to Lagos or some other big cities. It is also time-saving; you don’t need to go to the immigration office or see an immigration officer, you can go through the whole process online independently. The new passport also has a fixed amount for the three different categories of passports. For those who desire express service of 24 hours to 72 hours waiting time can visit any passport express centres.

Despite the new modified system, Nigerians are quite sceptical about the changes made especially on the new prices. Here are some interesting reactions from Nigerians on Facebook on National Gists Facebook page:

Dave Kingdom Dave commented: “Lie I paid 60k for 64 page 5 years March 10 this year at their Ikoyi office… So many illegal businesses going on in all their offices nationwide”.

Ijiremi Tolulope added: “We paid for my sister’s passport in August 2019 and collected the passport in May 2021”.

Johnson Obafemi also commented: “If you bribe or pay high to immigration offices, you will get it within a week or two. Corruption is the key, pay jare.

It is obvious Nigerians are still skeptical about the new enhanced e-passport. We applaud the government for the new system and hope it lives up to expectations very soon.

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/06/e-passport-nigerians-react-federal-government-new-prices-international-passport.html

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Romanoff(f): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
This post is useless.

It didn't state the current price of the passports.

26 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Freestainworld(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
If you need your passport immediately, you will get it, just have enough cash in your pocket.
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by templemount: 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
Romanoff:
This post on useless.

It didn't state the current price of the passports.
imagine

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by templemount: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2021
gistsmill04:
Following the recent policy adjustment of the federal government of Nigeria to introduce E-Passport which will ease the burden off Nigerians who suffer to get international passport, mixed reactions have trailed the U-turn made by the Rauf Aregbesola-led initiative.

Recall the rigours of getting a Nigerian passport can be listed among 1000 ways to die! Haha! Just joking. However, the truth is that getting a Nigerian passport in recent times has become a major nightmare for Nigerians at home and abroad. For Nigerians at home, there is constant excuses of the booklets being scarce; for our compatriots abroad, they are victims of incompetent embassy staff and frequent breakdown of online application forms.

Seeing the myriad of challenges encountered by Nigerians trying to get passports, the minister of interior, Rauf Aregbesola came up with a new plan to ensure that most problems are fixed within the vicinity of every individual — which meant every Nigerian doesn’t have to travel to Abuja, Lagos or other big cities to have a passport. The ministry had also said it had perfected plans to ensure the citizens can procure or renew their passports in each of the 774 local government areas.

In the words of Rauf Aregbesola, the minister of interior, ” Every Nigerian has the right to a Nigerian passport… the passport should be available in maximum of 72 hours of successful application. Where there are issues, the applicant must be notified within 48 hours”.

With these words, came the new enhanced e- passport. The new enhanced e- passport was not just available to those in Lagos, Abuja or Rivers, residents in the 33 other states could also get their passports at their comfort zone. To avoid being cheated or manipulated by fraudulent immigration officers, application process for the Nigerian passport is online now. No one needs to pay to any immigration officer anymore to get their passport process done.

The new enhanced e-passport appears to be more decentralised i.e., it is no longer limited to Lagos or some other big cities. It is also time-saving; you don’t need to go to the immigration office or see an immigration officer, you can go through the whole process online independently. The new passport also has a fixed amount for the three different categories of passports. For those who desire express service of 24 hours to 72 hours waiting time can visit any passport express centres.

Despite the new modified system, Nigerians are quite sceptical about the changes made especially on the new prices. Here are some interesting reactions from Nigerians on Facebook on National Gists Facebook page:

Dave Kingdom Dave commented: “Lie I paid 60k for 64 page 5 years March 10 this year at their Ikoyi office… So many illegal businesses going on in all their offices nationwide”.

Ijiremi Tolulope added: “We paid for my sister’s passport in August 2019 and collected the passport in May 2021”.

Johnson Obafemi also commented: “If you bribe or pay high to immigration offices, you will get it within a week or two. Corruption is the key, pay jare.

It is obvious Nigerians are still skeptical about the new enhanced e-passport. We applaud the government for the new system and hope it lives up to expectations very soon.

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/06/e-passport-nigerians-react-federal-government-new-prices-international-passport.html

u ended up saying nothing.nxt time,dont talk too much just go straight to the point

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Kam2021: 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2021
So where's the price??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Lanretoye(m): 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
If u apply online self,their portal will collect bribe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by LikeAking: 12:34am On Jun 29, 2021
Nice innovation.

This one make sense.

Finally APC has done one semi reasonable tin for Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by bcomputer101: 12:59am On Jun 29, 2021
By the time this government leaves office in 2023 those of us that will survive it Should be given certificate of surviver. This Buhari real dealt with us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Cherez: 5:53am On Jun 29, 2021
Honestly Rauf Aregbe tried with this
And thanks to PMB too
I'm not being tribalism after all im not Yoruba check out ministers actually trying to do things right; most are from SW, SS & SE though the worst Southern minister for me is Ngige; that guy is a disgrace to we Anambra people;
Imagine if the Nigerian Custom oga and the NPA does this to the wharf process?
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Kaybenny(m): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2021
I did mine and collect it same day

cool
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Tinubuadvocate: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2021
Wow people like you still exist in the east keep it real. I agreed with all your points.
Cherez:
Honestly Rauf Aregbe tried with this
And thanks to PMB too
I'm not being tribalism after all im not Yoruba check out ministers actually trying to do things right; most are from SW, SS & SE though the worst Southern minister for me is Ngige; that guy is a disgrace to we Anambra people;
Imagine if the Nigerian Custom oga and the NPA does this to the wharf process?
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by gift01: 9:17am On Jun 29, 2021
bcomputer101:
By the time this government leaves office in 2023 those of us that will survive it Should be given certificate of surviver. This Buhari real dealt with us.
survival
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by MadamExcellency: 9:26am On Jun 29, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Wow people like you still exist in the east keep it real. I agreed with all your points.

An obdurate Satan keeping tabs on who is good.

What an insolence. A hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Tinubuadvocate: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2021
Always out of point ...praise someone is a crime.
MadamExcellency:

An obdurate Satan keeping tabs on who is good.

What an insolence. A hypocrite.
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Prolificgiant(m): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2021
Kaybenny:

cool
how much did u do it??
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Adshub: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
Launching soon, Join us now and start making money
https:///si8298

Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kaybenny:

cool
Did you do it online? I wan do the new passport too.

And how much did you do it please
Re: Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport by Cherez: 11:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Hian bros we Igbis don't have anything against you guys ooooo
That's an average Igboman I swear but we always feel you guys are the only pivot pfr the Fulani strength; ie if not for you guys say we go fit contain the Fulani issues ie that saboteur belief
Nothing else ooooo
Have you ever heard Igbos and Yorubas engage in fights anywhere in Nigeria?
We don't have issues at all with Yorubas aside that above

(1) (Reply)

At Last Common Sense Won At Alaba / Ekiti LG Polls: Oyebanji Votes, Hails SIEC, Voters For Peaceful Conduct / Biafra Human Right Initiative (BILIE) Gets Registered With United Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.