Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) (315 Views)

NIGERIAN Ethan Hunt... By Danny Walker / Naija Yahoo Life(get Rich And Die Young, Pidgin EDITION) By Youngzubi / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) by KingZaddy(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2021
Re: Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) by KingZaddy(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2021
In the warehouse a Lexus jeep drove in followed by two other Lexus; six men stood in the warehouse waiting, men with guns stepped out of the Lexus, one of the gun men opened the back door of one of the cars and an elderly man dressed in Igbo attire stepped out and walked towards the waiting men
“Chief we got a problem” a man said then waited for Chief to say something but Chief looked him in the eyes without a word, he immediately knew that if he didn’t explain himself he would be dead in seconds
“Some men stole $500,000 from the warehouse” he said, Chief looked at him in the eyes then looked at the other men behind him, Chief walked back to his car, stood in front of it and rested his back on the car. There he stood and one of his men brought a small flat gold container to him, opened it and revealed six kola nuts, Chief picked up one kola nut and started chewing, the whole place was silent as he chewed, he looked round at everyone, then looked back at the man who spoke to him
“Where is the manager of the ware house? “ he finally said and a man stepped forward
“I am sir” Chief looked at him as he chewed slowly
“What’s my most important rule in the ware house?” Chief asked without looking at him
“No cash must remain in the warehouse for more than 30mins” the man said; he was clearly afraid as his voice trembled, Chief looked at him then chewed again
“How long did the stolen cash stay here?” Chief asked, the manager was visibly afraid
“(he gulps saliva down his throat) 6 hours” he said and immediately one of Chief’s men fired him with an ak47. The room was tense, the men sweating heavily; chief looked at the man who spoke to him then signaled him to come closer and he immediately did
“How do I get my money back?” Chief asked; he froze as he had nothing to say, he had no idea who the men were
“I… I” he couldn’t put words together
“I know how” one of the men standing said, Chief signaled him to come forward and he did
“I found a phone that belonged to one of the thieves and luckily he didn’t lock the phone, I went through the WhatsApp chat and saw an address where they met before coming to rob the ware house” he explained; one of chief’s guards collected the phone and went through it
“He’s right Chief… the address is 6, mark street, Ijegu” the guard said, Chief threw away the kola in his hand and went towards the car door
“Go get my money and kill the thieves” Chief said as a man opened the car door for him to enter, he entered and the car drove off with two other cars following.

“We have to leave this place now” Donald said
“And the money?” Brian asked
“No one will find it there… we will come back for it” Donald said and helped Jacob up and they all headed out, got in a black van and drove off.
Re: Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) by KingZaddy(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
A sunny morning, the global Lockdown had been relaxed but schools were yet to resume; Ariana spent less than 3 hours sleeping because she spent most of her night thinking of how to lose her virginity. I know it sounds crazy but last night Ariana had been trolled by her friends on WhatsApp group chat about how beautiful she was but still a virgin, the pressure had become too much and she been seen as less a lady and it was beginning to affect her mentally and emotionally. She came to a conclusion to put that virginity away before they are called back to school, Ariana was in her second year in the university and she had no idea how much of a blessing it was to be a virgin, she also had no idea that her friends envied the fact that she was still a virgin because most of them had lost their virginity before ever coming to a university, Ariana was just one of the ignorant, one you would identify as an ignoramus.
She was up early, sent a message to her best friend Ezra, Ezra unlike most other guys was not just in the friend zone, he was deep in the brother zone even more painfully he had quite strong crush for Ariana.
Ariana chatted him up but he was not wake yet, she then called a female friend Shade
“Shade what’s up?”
“I’m good how are you doing” Shade replied
“Doing good… I am coming to that party this morning”
“Really? That’s great, just come over to my place by 9” Shade said
“Great, sure thing” she hanged up. Ariana was quite excited and couldn’t wait to be there, she looked at the clock it was past 7.

A small speaker playing music out loud from a street corner, two guys, James and Kelechi were seated pressing their phones when another young man Peter walked up to them.
“Guy how far na” Peter shook them
“I dey how your side”
“Fine, what’s up with that hang out na”
“Moses has a location already” James said
“Where?” Peter asked
“6 Mark street, it’s close to his place though, he said most of the tenants have moved out, so we will use the empty rooms”
“Are you sure it’s safe?” Peter asked
“Yes it is, no worries bro… just bring some booze” James said
“Don’t forget to bring condom oh… I no won hear borrow me one” Kelechi added
“No problem, I will meet you guys at the junction” Peter walked away.
Re: Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) by KingZaddy(m): 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
Ariana chatting on WhatsApp with her friend Ezra
“Why do you want to go for that party?” Ezra asked
“And what is wrong with me going?” she asked
“First of all its too early for a party and secondly you know that there is going to be a lot of shit going down there”
“You don’t have to worry about me Ezra, I got this”
“You think you do but you don’t, you and I know that peer pressure gets to you quickly” he said
“Oh really? Maybe I shouldn’t have told you”
“Listen Ariana, I care about you and I don’t want you to make some retarded decision” he said
“Did you just call me a retard?” she looked pissed
“No Ariana, you are getting it wrong” he said
“I don’t need you to tell me what is good for me or not… you can walk away from this friendship because I don’t give a Bleep, good bye” she went offline
Re: Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) by KingZaddy(m): 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
Re: Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) by KingZaddy(m): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Re: Beautiful Day To Die Young (Short story by Danny Walker) by PrincessGlow: 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2021
Copy and repost this??

(1) (Reply)

Writers Set To Hold Investiture Ceremony For Bukola Ladoja As Ana Ambassador / When Hearts Fall Apart. / Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Episode 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.