Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? (2012 Views)

Leke Adeboye Attempts To Resurrect A Dead Man / Another Pastor Fails To Resurrect Man After Jumping Inside Grave [PHOTOS] / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by livingchrist: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2021
According to Jehovah witnesses, when Jesus died he did not resurrect as a human being again but he resurrected as a Angel Michael.

Is this claim true, well according to the bible it Jesus died and resurrected, no he was not a spirit he resurrected but he resurrected as a man.

Again there are some who believes Jesus was only a man on earth but after he died and resurrected and became God again.

First of all, Jesus was God when he became man he didnt cease from being God, rather he add humanity to his divine nature, his God nature was not reduced or modified, it remained the same as it was from eternity.

As a result of this Jesus could exhibit 100 percent character of God and 100 percent character of man.
As a man Jesus could be hungry, feel sleepy, grow in knowledge, limited in knowledge, do everything a human can do except Sinning because Jesus was a perfect man without sin nature and he remained so by his will.
When Jesus died it was his humanity that died when Jesus rose, he also rose as the God-man although death did not affect his divine nature only his earth body.

Jesus was resurrected with a far better human body, his human nature was glorified, his glorified human nature is the archetype of what will happen to we Christians on the resurrection morning, as Christians our hope lies in the resurrection not in death, although when we die we rest from our labours but we will have a full experience of the wonderful plentiful glory of God on the resurrection, infact when we die we be with christ but we are kept until the day of resurrection.

The resurrection is wonderful, our redeemed soul, renewed spirit and glorified body come together in perfect harmony and agreement,
so that we could experience God's glory in its fullnesd as the man God created in his image.

presently we are in a pitiful state, our soul is yearning for the redemption of our body, our body and spirit often are in disagreement, our body is weak and dying, hence we only experience just a minute spec of life, even life on earth is dented and full of evil, hence be with the Lord is far better.

Jesus was the first fruit of our resurrection, in order words Jesus is our future, hence care must be taken to preserve the integrity of his resurrection. He didnt resurrect as a spirit, his resurrection did not alter Jesus human personality, after his resurrection mary was still able to recognise him when he spoke to her, Jesus is not a stranger he is our brother because he possesses same nature with us.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by livingchrist: 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2021
Here are some scriptures that points to Jesus resurrection.

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 17:22-23 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:
And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

Matthew 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by inforesource: 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2021
Jesus resurrected as human being, with flesh and blood. Thomas touches him proofs that. He is in heaven as human, blood flowing in his vains but eternity power is on him

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by livingchrist: 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2021
inforesource:
Jesus resurrected as human being, with flesh and blood. Thomas touches him proofs that. He is in heaven as human, blood flowing in his vains but eternity power is on him
you are correct except that Jesus did not have blood, his blood was shed,

See this below,

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by livingchrist: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
Jesus said he will take his life up again,

John 10:17
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

This life was his human life

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by livingchrist: 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2021
Jesus will forever remain the God-man, he will not remove his humanity rather he will retain his humanity for all eternity.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Janosky: 12:32am On Jun 29, 2021
inforesource:
John 17:4-5, Bros, According to Jesus Christ, did Jesus have glory as a man with his Father before the world's creation?
Bros, no DECEIVE yourself.

John 17:24 the glory in verse5 was given to Jesus as a spiritual being before the world's creation.
He is going back to heaven as a spiritual being he is before creation.
Bros, your claim is FALSE.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Janosky: 12:35am On Jun 29, 2021
livingchrist:
Jesus will forever remain the God-man, he will not remove his humanity rather he will retain his humanity for all eternity.

Hebrews 10:10, his human life was a ransom sacrificial offering.
The sacrifice/offering you put in your Church box, you dey collect am go home?
grin grin grin grin

John 17:4-5,24. Jesus Christ the spirit with glory came to earth as man & return to heaven again as a spirit.
Jesus Christ proven your claim is FALSE.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by inforesource: 8:32am On Jun 29, 2021
Janosky:

John 17:4-5, Bros, According to Jesus Christ, did Jesus have glory as a man with his Father before the world's creation?
Bros, no DECEIVE yourself.

John 17:24 the glory in verse5 was given to Jesus as a spiritual being before the world's creation.
He is going back to heaven as a spiritual being he is before creation.

Bros, your claim is FALSE.
I hate arguing Bible because the book is a spiritual book. Most things written in the Bible need the Holy Spirit to help us have deep understanding beyond human knowledge and perception.
My advice to you is to listen more to Holy Spirit any time you are reading this book.
Remember in Romans 5:12–21, Paul refers to Jesus as second Adam. Remember also through out Jesus ministry on earth He was always referring to himself as Son of Man. Bible is deep. The purpose of Jesus coming in flesh has a deep meaning.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by livingchrist: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2021
Janosky:

Hebrews 10:10, his human life was a ransom sacrificial offering.
The sacrifice/offering you put in your Church box, you dey collect am go home?
grin grin grin grin

John 17:4-5,24. Jesus Christ the spirit with glory came to earth as man & return to heaven again as a spirit.
Jesus Christ proven your claim is FALSE.
Jesus did rise from the dead, was it a spirit that died? Resurrection is for only humans not spirit because a spirit can not die.
If Jesus was a spirit that is not resurrection but something else.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Liposure: 1:48am On Jul 15, 2021
livingchrist:
Jesus did rise from the dead, was it a spirit that died? Resurrection is for only humans not spirit because a spirit can not die.
If Jesus was a spirit that is not resurrection but something else.
I want to know, Is Elijah and Enoch living as spirit or mortal since they didn't die.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On Jul 15, 2021
Liposure:
I want to know, Is Elijah and Enoch living as spirit or mortal since they didn't die.
Interesting question! Is there a reason why they shouldn't have their physical bodies ike Jesus Christ left the earth with? undecided

Also in Matthew 11 vs 1 - 17 , Jesus Christ declared that Elijah did come back in John the Baptist, and he didnt come back as Spirit either. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:39am On Jul 15, 2021
Liposure:

They both died!
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:42am On Jul 15, 2021
Apostle Paul said:

"So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person (man).” The last Adam (Jesus) became a LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT." 1Corinthians 15:45

So Jesus resurrected as a spirit! smiley
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:30am On Jul 15, 2021
livingchrist:
According to Jehovah witnesses, when Jesus died he did not resurrect as a human being again but he resurrected as a Angel Michael.

Is this claim true, well according to the bible it Jesus died and resurrected, no he was not a spirit he resurrected but he resurrected as a man.

Again there are some who believes Jesus was only a man on earth but after he died and resurrected and became God again.

First of all, Jesus was God when he became man he didnt cease from being God, rather he add humanity to his divine nature, his God nature was not reduced or modified, it remained the same as it was from eternity.

As a result of this Jesus could exhibit 100 percent character of God and 100 percent character of man.
As a man Jesus could be hungry, feel sleepy, grow in knowledge, limited in knowledge, do everything a human can do except Sinning because Jesus was a perfect man without sin nature and he remained so by his will.
When Jesus died it was his humanity that died when Jesus rose, he also rose as the God-man although death did not affect his divine nature only his earth body.

Jesus was resurrected with a far better human body, his human nature was glorified, his glorified human nature is the archetype of what will happen to we Christians on the resurrection morning, as Christians our hope lies in the resurrection not in death, although when we die we rest from our labours but we will have a full experience of the wonderful plentiful glory of God on the resurrection, infact when we die we be with christ but we are kept until the day of resurrection.

The resurrection is wonderful, our redeemed soul, renewed spirit and glorified body come together in perfect harmony and agreement,
so that we could experience God's glory in its fullnesd as the man God created in his image.

presently we are in a pitiful state, our soul is yearning for the redemption of our body, our body and spirit often are in disagreement, our body is weak and dying, hence we only experience just a minute spec of life, even life on earth is dented and full of evil, hence be with the Lord is far better.

Jesus was the first fruit of our resurrection, in order words Jesus is our future, hence care must be taken to preserve the integrity of his resurrection. He didnt resurrect as a spirit, his resurrection did not alter Jesus human personality, after his resurrection mary was still able to recognise him when he spoke to her, Jesus is not a stranger he is our brother because he possesses same nature with us.

Jehova witness beleive many useless things that are numerous to list run away from them if you want everlasting life
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58am On Jul 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Jehova witness beleive many useless things that are numerous to list run away from them if you want everlasting life

Wow! "run away from Jehovah's Witnesses"
While you are running after Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Hypocrisy at it's peak! cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by livingchrist: 8:05am On Jul 15, 2021
Liposure:
No info about that in the bible. But it was reported that God took him and was not seen and same with Elijah who was taken by a chariot to heaven apparently these men did not see death and are not spirits
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2021
livingchrist:
No info about that in the bible. But it was reported that God took him and was not seen and same with Elijah who was taken by a chariot to heaven apparently these men did not see death and are not spirits

You really tried with your scriptural points but there are deeper things you should look into before answering thought provoking questions of that nature! smiley

Enoch and Elijah were humans meaning they are descendants of Adam and undoubtedly must have inherited sin through Adam {Romans 5:12} according to God's word the wages sin pays is DEATH {Romans 6:23} so there's no way any human born of the lineage of Adam can escape death! John 3:13
Jesus said that out of all those who lived from the time of Abel till John the baptist none is greater than John the baptist {Matthew 11:11} which means neither Enoch nor Elijah could have had any privilege before God that's more than what John had.
So it means these two people were hidden from the face of those who knew them in order for people not to know how they died or their grave. That's exactly what God did to Moses, if it wasn't recorded that Moses died and was buried by angels of course the Israelites will never believe that such a person can die. Remember God's word said there was no ISRAELITE prophet greater than Moses {Deuteronomy 34:10} therefore they both died but their corpses were hidden from people! smiley
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Wow! "run away from Jehovah's Witnesses"
While you are running after Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Hypocrisy at it's peak! cheesy

Are you hallucinating
Me bishop Kingsley run after jehova witness
Am i under a cult hex never God forbid
I have through Jesus rescued many jehova witness from the devils kingdom
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Liposure: 9:20am On Jul 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting question! Is there a reason why they shouldn't have their physical bodies ike Jesus Christ left the earth with? undecided

Also in Matthew 11 vs 1 - 17 , Jesus Christ declared that Elijah did come back in John the Baptist, and he didnt come back as Spirit either. undecided
On the contrary:https://www.gotquestions.org/John-Baptist-Elijah.html
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:21am On Jul 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Are you hallucinating
Me bishop Kingsley run after jehova witness
Am i under a cult hex never God forbid
I have through Jesus rescued many jehova witness from the devils kingdom

So i believe you'll never cross my path again on this forum shey? cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So i believe you'll never cross my path again on this forum shey? cheesy

Jesus eat with sinners and harlots and different kinds of people that was the way he could pull them out from the kingdom of darkness

Wait just because we share ideas on Bible study does it mean within you that am running after you

Is that your definition of it

Lol
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by sonmvayina(m): 9:38am On Jul 15, 2021
The white man is crafty...

Sending the black man on a wild goose chase....

I said it like 4 years ago, the white man must and will return everything they stole from us..

Now they want to return our artifacts. Next it will be our spirituality...

Book make this point..

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by AntiChristian: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2021
livingchrist:

I wonder how Jesus could do all this and still be lesser than his Father?

He is 100% God and 100% man! Which makes 200% God man. But his father remains at 100%. Jesus can even do many things his father can't do! He can shit. He can live in the human womb, pass through the birth canal, be protected by other humans, Eat, drink, feel hunger, die, cry, receive lashes of beating and even worship his father! I don't think the father can do all this!

But why do you say he is 100% man when man can sin? If Jesus can't sin then he's not 100% man.

And Jesus when alive with his 200% God-man status was still limited in knowledge! And when he died the God part didn't die but the human part died yet he remains human but with no blood cos the blood was shed...!

How does all this makes sense to you guys?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Jesus eat with sinners and harlots and different kinds of people that was the way he could pull them out from the kingdom of darkness Wait just because we share ideas on Bible study does it mean within you that am running after you Is that your definition of it
Lol

Continue lying to your own detriment! cheesy

Your competence in converting people could be noticed all over your posts. cheesy

Just stay away from me since you know that i belong to the darkness and of course light have nothing to do with darkness! cheesy

This is not a matter of drunkards and sinners Jesus always approach humble people so go out there and find those who will humbly accept your delusional Jesus, if you believe i'm of the darkness then you should have nothing to do with me.

So once again i beleive this should be the last time you and i will chat. After all you told the other guy to RUN AWAY FROM JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, so why not take to your own advice? cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Continue lying to your own detriment! cheesy

Your competence in converting people could be noticed all over your posts. cheesy

Just stay away from me since you know that i belong to the darkness and of course light have nothing to do with darkness! cheesy

This is not a matter of drunkards and sinners Jesus always approach humble people so go out there and find those who will humbly accept your delusional Jesus, if you believe i'm of the darkness then you should have nothing to do with me.

So once again i beleive this should be the last time you and i will chat. After all you told the other guy to RUN AWAY FROM JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, so why not take to your own advice? cheesy

Run away means to run away from false teaching some one who is mature cannot be lead astray

Have you seen me act like you do have you seen me erratic and easily provoked

Brother I have self control
So I meant to him to run away from Jehovah's Witnesses teaching

Now about kingdom of darkness
My aim is to bring you out from there, by the power in Jesus name

The foundation you base your teaching is wrong you can refuse my own doctrine but Jesus command us to say it to all creatures

That my job
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:25am On Jul 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Run away means to run away from false teaching some one who is mature cannot be lead astray
Have you seen me act like you do have you seen me erratic and easily provoked
Brother I have self control
So I meant to him to run away from Jehovah's Witnesses teaching
Now about kingdom of darkness
My aim is to bring you out from there, by the power in Jesus name
The foundation you base your teaching is wrong you can refuse my own doctrine but Jesus command us to say it to all creatures
That my job

So in other words you will continue to run after me a JW! grin
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So in other words you will continue to run after me a JW! grin

Run after you how I told you define what that means

You are just hyping your mind
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Run after you how I told you define what that means You are just hyping your mind

Well if you ask Jesus, ordered me to give you {Matthew 7:7-8} so i have no other option i must obey my Master, Lord and King! smiley

Jesus and his disciples only look for humble and obedient individuals who believe they needed enlightenment about God's will not people who already beleive that they've gotten what it takes to do God's will, that's what he meant by the lost sheep of the house of Israel! Matthew 10:6, 15:24
So that means Jesus can be in the midst of Pharisees only in a place of worship for both {John 10:23-24} or one of them decide to INVITE him {Luke 7:36; 11:37} apart from that Jesus warned his disciples to avoid them completely {Matthew 16:6} surely they can only avoid their troubles if they don't go near them! cheesy

But let's see how fitting you've proved to be a descendant of the Pharisees the real agents of darkness!

The Jehovah's Witnesses have the same line of thought just like Jesus and his disciples {John 17:20-23} that's why he could say "only these are his brothers" {Matthew 12:46-49} are always trying to reach people of all sorts, you are the one that's been stalking us up and down the whole place with stupid arguments about your god that can't unite you and your deluded cohorts just as the Jews in Jesus' days who were stalking Jesus and his disciples up and down {Mark 9:14-16 compare to Act 14:19 but within them their is great envy, jealously, contradictions and unending controversy! Act 23:6-8

Now you advised someone to RUN AWAY FROM JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES while you are always running after the same people saying you want to save them yet you're here calling them names like agents of darkness, liars and so on when you have nothing upstairs to say other than for everyone to accept your god! cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well if you ask Jesus, ordered me to give you {Matthew 7:7-8} so i have no other option i must obey my Master, Lord and King! smiley

Jesus and his disciples only look for humble and obedient individuals who believe they needed enlightenment about God's will not people who already beleive that they've gotten what it takes to do God's will, that's what he meant by the lost sheep of the house of Israel! Matthew 10:6, 15:24
So that means Jesus can be in the midst of Pharisees only in a place of worship for both {John 10:23-24} or one of them decide to INVITE him {Luke 7:36; 11:37} apart from that Jesus warned his disciples to avoid them completely {Matthew 16:6} surely they can only avoid their troubles if they don't go near them! cheesy

But let's see how fitting you've proved to be a descendant of the Pharisees the real agents of darkness!

The Jehovah's Witnesses have the same line of thought just like Jesus and his disciples {John 17:20-23} that's why he could say "only these are his brothers" {Matthew 12:46-49} are always trying to reach people of all sorts, you are the one that's been stalking us up and down the whole place with stupid arguments about your god that can't unite you and your deluded cohorts just as the Jews in Jesus' days who were stalking Jesus and his disciples up and down {Mark 9:14-16 compare to Act 14:19 but within them their is great envy, jealously, contradictions and unending controversy! Act 23:6-8

Now you advised someone to RUN AWAY FROM JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES while you are always running after the same people saying you want to save them yet you're here calling them names like agents of darkness, liars and so on when you have nothing upstairs to say other than for everyone to accept your god! cheesy

Again I sense so much insult here with coded abuse in your post

Paul felt he knew God he was doing evil in the name of God until Jesus arrested him

This same Jesus you abuse in one thread and next thread you call him your master how confused are you

You even call things of God dog head
While Bible said that things you don't believe in you should still reverence it

Read the Bible and find out how many times God said we should do this things in the name of the father the son the holy spirit

You have no respect for the things of God even though you see it in the scriptures
My words can save you or Jesus fire will or you will end up like those who won't believe in Jesus
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

I'm a JW so run away! cheesy

Bishopkingsley:

Again I sense so much insult here with coded abuse in your post
Paul felt he knew God he was doing evil in the name of God until Jesus arrested him
This same Jesus you abuse in one thread and next thread you call him your master how confused are you
You even call things of God dog head
While Bible said that things you don't believe in you should still reverence it
Read the Bible and find out how many times God said we should do this things in the name of the father the son the holy spirit
You have no respect for the things of God even though you see it in the scriptures
My words can save you or Jesus fire will or you will end up like those who won't believe in Jesus
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm a JW so run away! cheesy

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls. Wen Was The First Time A Nigerian President Attended Holy Ghost Service In Redemption Camp? / "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians / The Earth Is The Lord's, And The Fullness Thereof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.