Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works (870 Views)

Gay Son Who Dumped Homosexual Lifestyle Was Saved By His Mother's Prayer / New Photos Of Lizzy, Drug Addict Saved By Pastor Tony Rapu / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by petra1(m): 6:06am On Jun 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by OkCornel(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2021
petra1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_QinqIo43w

Lol, only a living faith pleases God. And a living faith is evidenced by works (not works of the law but the fruits of the Spirit). A tree is judged by the fruits it bears.

And by the way, every man would be judged according to their works as Jesus clearly mentioned.

Revelation 22 v 12-14;
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by petra1(m): 8:36am On Jun 29, 2021
OkCornel:

Lol,

what are LOLing about?

only a living faith pleases God. And a living faith is evidenced by works

define works
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by OkCornel(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2021
petra1:

what are LOLing about?

define works

It’s in my post. For the believers, it’s the fruits of the Spirit, and obedience to the law of Christ.

Simply put in generic terms, works are deeds.
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by paxonel(m): 11:12am On Jun 29, 2021
OkCornel:

Lol, only a living faith pleases God. And a living faith is evidenced by works (not works of the law but the fruits of the Spirit). A tree is judged by the fruits it bears.

And by the way, every man would be judged according to their works as Jesus clearly mentioned.

Revelation 22 v 12-14;
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

there is no difference between works of the law and fruit of the spirit.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Which is also a fruit of the spirit

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by OkCornel(m): 11:29am On Jun 29, 2021
paxonel:

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

By works of the law, I meant obedience to instructions like wearing fringes, dietary laws, tithes, first fruits, penile circumcision and all those instructions that deal with actions and outward appearances, rather than the state of the heart, and weightier matters of Justice and Mercy which is fulfilled through love (one of the fruits of the Spirit)
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by paxonel(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
OkCornel:

By works of the law, I meant obedience to instructions like wearing fringes, dietary laws, tithes, first fruits, penile circumcision and all those instructions that deal with actions and outward appearances, rather than the state of the heart, and weightier matters of Justice and Mercy which is fulfilled through love (one of the fruits of the Spirit)
ok
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
paxonel:

1. Expand on your claim that there is no difference between works done in obedience of Jesus Christ(the Law) and what you call the "fruit of the spirit"? undecided

2. Can you please list about 10 possible ways to show love to your neighbor? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by paxonel(m): 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Expand on your claim that there is no difference between works done in obedience of Jesus Christ(the Law) and what you call the "fruit of the spirit"? undecided

2. Can you please list about 10 possible ways to show love to your neighbor? undecided

why should i begin to do that now, aren't you a Christian or are you not familiar with scriptures?
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by rhektor(m): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2021
petra1:

what are LOLing about?

define works

This could be the acts or deeds of faith

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
paxonel:
why should i begin to do that now, aren't you a Christian or are you not familiar with scriptures?
I don't think as you do with your many special interpretations of scripture. So I have to ask these question in order to get a glimpse into why it is you are referring to. undecided

Kobojunkie:

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
rhektor:

This could be the acts or deeds of faith
intentions carried out In obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by petra1(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
OkCornel:

It’s in my post. For the believers, it’s the fruits of the Spirit.

Our works to be judged by has to do with our purpose, ministry, motives etc.

but the fruits of the Spirit are differnt

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by OkCornel(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
petra1:

The fruits of the Spirit is the foundation for the works you do as a sincere believer.

It is the character (inputted by your obedience to the Holy Spirit) which forms the basis for your deeds. Yes, the deeds you’ll be judged by.

For example, a believer with the fruit of love does charitable deeds, not for what he gets in return…but because it’s in his nature to do so unconditionally.

A believer with the fruit of self control is less susceptible to fleshly desires like drunkenness, gluttony, fornication etc.

A believer with the fruits of Joy and Peace is less susceptible to depression and anxiety which may lead to drug abuse or chasing money shamelessly to mask his or her insecurities.

I can go on and on, a tree is judged by the fruits it bears. A man is judged by his deeds. The fruits of the Spirit or the works of the flesh is the driving force behind the deeds of men.

You can’t say it’s different. It’s the foundation, the essence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by rhektor(m): 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
intentions carried out In obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ? undecided

Yes sir
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by paxonel(m): 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't think as you do with your many special interpretations of scripture. So I have to ask these question in order to get a glimpse into why it is you are referring to. undecided

OK, not necessarily because you want to know further but you want to keep upholding your dogma even when they have no necessary grounds or scriptural support?

Ofcourse, you will always have people countering you and the worst is, you will never come in terms with full knowledge
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2021
paxonel:
OK, not necessarily because you want to know further but you want to keep upholding your dogma even when they have no necessary grounds or scriptural support?

Ofcourse, you will always have people countering you and the worst is, you will never come in terms with full knowledge
I didn't make the claim in question. You did. I simply want you to point out where in scripture the claims you made come from. undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by petra1(m): 10:53am On Jul 16, 2021
OkCornel:

I can go on and on, a tree is judged by the fruits it bears. A man is judged by his deeds. The fruits of the Spirit or the works of the flesh is the driving force behind the deeds of men.

A good tree must produce good fruit.
But we dont always judge trees by fruits only because the fruit dont make the tree .

There are good fruits religoud people have that are not necessarily born from good trees. eg. moral conducts , character, kindness, principles etc

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
petra1:

A good tree must produce good fruit.
But we dont always judge trees by fruits only because the fruit dont make the tree .

There are good fruits religoud people have that are not necessarily born from good trees. eg. moral conducts , character, kindness, principles etc
Fruits are the RESULTs of the works done by the tree in producing them. Jesus Christ declared that the only way to determine who is His and who is not His is by their fruits. undecided

Moral conducts , characters, kindness, principles are not fruits and so not important in determining whether a person belongs to Jesus Christ or not. Even those in the world mimic with great ease everything you have listed up there. undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by Joagbaje(m): 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Fruits are the RESULTs of the works done by the tree in producing them. Jesus Christ Christ Christ that the only way to determine who is His and who is not His is by their fruits. undecided

Moral conducts , characters, kindness, principles are only fruits and so not important in determining whether a person belongs to Jesus Christ or not. Even those in the world mimic everything to listed up there. undecided

We agree on something for once

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
Joagbaje:
We agree on something for once
I am not a mind reader so there is no way for me to know what is you disagree with of my posts if you don't let me know so I can better expand on them. undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by petra1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2021
He is right if you know holy spirit you will not it not by works
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by BassReeves: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
petra1:
what are LOLing about?

define works

OkCornel:
It’s in my post. For the believers, it’s the fruits of the Spirit, and obedience to the law of Christ.

Simply put in generic terms, works are deeds.

petra1:

OkCornel:
The fruits of the Spirit is the foundation for the works you do as a sincere believer.

It is the character (inputted by your obedience to the Holy Spirit) which forms the basis for your deeds. Yes, the deeds you’ll be judged by.

For example, a believer with the fruit of love does charitable deeds, not for what he gets in return…but because it’s in his nature to do so unconditionally.

A believer with the fruit of self control is less susceptible to fleshly desires like drunkenness, gluttony, fornication etc.

A believer with the fruits, of Joy and Peace is less susceptible to depression and anxiety which may lead to drug abuse or chasing money shamelessly to mask his or her insecurities.

I can go on and on, a tree is judged by the fruits it bears. A man is judged by his deeds. The fruits of the Spirit, or the works of the flesh is the driving force behind the deeds of men.

There isnt anything called fruits of the Spirit
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by OkCornel(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
BassReeves:

Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by petra1(m): 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
BassReeves:

read Gal 5:22
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by BassReeves: 12:12am On Jul 17, 2021
BassReeves:

OkCornel:
Thanks for the correction
No problem brah

petra1:
read Gal 5:22
The fruit, is with no 's'

I am sure you know that, the Greek word, 'karpos', used in Galatians 5-22-23, is in the singular, but if still, you disagree with that fact and truth, then please post and come out here with what and how Galatians 5:22 is in your bible.
Re: Pastor Chris : We Are Saved By Faith Not By Works by petra1(m): 12:15am On Jul 17, 2021
BassReeves:

No problem brah

The fruit, is with no 's'

I am sure you know that, the Greek word, 'karpos', used in Galatians 5-22-23, is in the singular, but if still, you disagree with that fact and truth, then please post and come out here with what and how Galatians 5:22 is in your bible.

ok i get it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Huge Snake My Security Man Killed Just Now / Giveaway Winner: @SurvivorM Psychological/emotional Abuse By Partner Or Parent / Pastor Kumuyi Storms Abia For A 6-day Revival Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.