Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces (30918 Views)

Art Pieces / Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) / History Of Nigerian Art (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Emmadoc: 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmondefosa:
how is art valued? undecided

I wonder o

2 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Oyinlomobambam(m): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
illicit:
But how much does a copy cost

I like that Tutu, it shouldn't be more than 5000 on the street

Why buy when you can easily print quality picture of it and framed?

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Psalmistproject: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
Imagine being very hungry and depressed then you visit a rich man's house that said he can't help you, only for him to carry you to the wall where these arts are hung and starts tormenting you with the prices

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Samfloxin(m): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
R
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by oloshun(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
These are very nice works but I think there are some that were sold more than these prices. Not paintings but the OP should have said the most expensive Nigerian paintings. Because I the sculpture I saw on Sunday at NC museum was costlier than these.
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
Give it to the Igbo
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Akabuking: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:
Waste of money. I'd rather use that 3.4M dolls to build a multi million dollar business that will keep providing money for me and my family year in and year out.
You never get money. When you are Rich, your fantasies will automatically change

4 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:
Waste of money. I'd rather use that 3.4M dolls to build a multi million dollar business that will keep providing money for me and my family year in and year out.

Nothing wrong in appreciating fine art, there are billionaires that know a real art's worth and don't mind paying top dollar to acquire.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by lkillbrokehoes: 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:
A wealthy billionaire would think otherwise, if jeff bezos could spend $28 million to travel to space for few minutes, then buying this pieces of arts is just a peanut to him.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by richmondefosa(m): 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Emmadoc:

I wonder o

This has really got me thinking.

Like you would see an abstract painting and they will slap the billion/million price tag on it.
Does the Artist determine the price?
or the materials used in making the art?
or the location of the exhibition?
I don't even know

let the art lovers come and tell us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by stax2021: 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:

Dont worry you will get there after your company start grossing villions dollars

3 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by damiloladuke: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
ictjobber:
I prefer sculptures....

The rate on your site.. Is that your buying or selling rate
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by wd2454418: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Kingcalls:
Nothing northerners de contribute for this failed union
well said.... they are contributing terrorism and kidnapping for ransom. Bunch of parasites.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Botking: 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
Very soon all those art will be in NFT

That is the power of the Blockchain

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Drizzy5001(m): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
I love art , it beautifies a house.

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by illicit(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

Why buy when you can easily print quality picture of it and framed?

Wow

I wasn't thinking of that
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by sylve11: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
ivolt:

Was there ever a time Nigerians can buy a $500,000 artwork?

Oho! Thank you jare for this question.

@op, I value and appreciate artworks and I can buy any one that connects with my soul with any amount. cool

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by richmond500: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:
people that buys these things probably has 30-200m dollar business and spending just 3m wouldn't be much of an issue just like u don't have a problem buying a 9k wrist watch

2 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by advanceDNA: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
OP like how much this one go cost? grin grin

N1270

2 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by richmond500: 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
Akabuking:
You never get money. When you are Rich, your fantasies will automatically change
I swear somebody weh get like $90m no go get probz buying these arts
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Allwell96: 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:
That's why it's not people like u that buy these things.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Nerro042: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:

Well people who buy said arts have already built those businesses so it's for the 1 percent

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by obainojazz(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Price paid for art is tax deductible
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Oppy2k2: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
No quota system of selection here.

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by idahme(m): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:

Its just like you are saying its waste of money to get the latest phone in the market when you already have one. You buying the latest phone may look like you are buying 10Naira worth of stuff, that's how $5M looks like to a billionaire in dollars. In synopsis, whatever makes you happy if its within your reach is never a waste of money. This life is too short.

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Anazp: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
A wealthy billionaire would think otherwise, if jeff bezos could spend $28 million to travel to space for few minutes, then buying this pieces of arts is just a peanut to him.
nah Jeff Bezos didn't spend 28 million dollars. He spent over 5 billion US dollars.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/jeff-bezos-space-flight-money-better-uses/?template=next

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Fortez: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Really
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by Voiceofthestree: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
DrBrainstorm:

Who wan buy am is useless lifeless image bruh

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by streetsoldier1(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
OfficialGaGa:
I laff in spanish urhobo.... while make a list of "non living art" wen we have living art in the form of

Obasanjo,
Oshiomhole,
Lucky Igbinedion,
Ned nwoko,
Babangida Aliyu, n darling
Tinubu....

Thank you. na cruise oh

weyrey re oo
Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by OpinionCounts(m): 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
DrBrainstorm:

China no go let you buy this one....e get y grin grin

Dem don even install location monitor for im body grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by CaptainFM1: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
stunnert:

This is how you reason when you are still poor. When you are truly rich, you will understand why the Mona Lisa painting was worth over $700m.

1 Like

Re: 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces by BarrSly: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lol I laugh when I see pricy artworks.. all symbols of money laundering and tax evasion.

If you know, you know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Steps On How To Turn You Picture Into Cartoon Corel Draw / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers 2019 V2.0 / 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.